Vatterott CollegeLies, Poor Education, Unqualified Instructors

K

I am a current student at Vatterott (I graduate in February), and since I signed up in December of 2010, I have had nothing but the run around with financial add, accounting, and the instructors.
I recieved the full pell grant, and quite a few scholarships ($25, 000 in all) but, because of their pricey legal program, I still had to take out a hefty student loan ($12, 000). I was concerned about the amount of money I would have to pay out but everyone I spoke to assured me that the program would pay for itself, and as far as accredidation goes? No such thing. No other college EXCEPT other Vatterott Colleges will accept their credits. However, I was not told that; I was informed that they are accredited by other colleges and other colleges would accept their credits if I chose to transfer.
As far as their instructors go, they have one instructor that teaches "intro" students and another one that teaches "advanced" students and they switch between classes to teach different subjects. I have had ONE teacher that has been constant (the head of the actual legal department who teaches "advanced") but a mixture of 3 others that have come and gone that were supposed to teach the "intro" students. In between the second and third teacher, we went a full month without being taught anything because the head of the department was being forced to run between classes in order to "teach". The current teacher we have that teaches the "intro" students is foul, rude, inconsiderate, and sexist. Myself, along with other students, have complained about his behavior, but were told each time by retention officers "It's not my problem to deal with your petty high school drama. Deal with it." (their words verbatim).
And their accounting office? I was told just today that, because an "unseen price increase in books", I have to pay $142.00 before I can even think about getting my diploma that I have busted my ### for the past two years to get.
I would never tell anyone to go here, ever.

• Re
    Really Nunyabiz Jan 20, 2016

I just withdrew from the Fairview heights location. Every time you look up new instructors, new director, teachers quitting and students who are not discipline that just run the school and bully staff and students. The cosmetology program was not good.

• Na
    Nameless2009 Aug 03, 2012

Seriously if you are not a Vatterott employee, of which I have staff from Vatterott to support my claims, before you make inane comments on someone's post you might try getting some intelligence yourself. Petty insults are the last resort of the despite, uneducated, defensive, and unintelligent. I stand behind my comment and as one who was not there with me your rambling nonsense has no meaning.

• Se
    seriously????2012 Aug 03, 2012

shaking my head... nameless--- i can read through your lies...lol .. go back to your Gen Ed classes and use spell check! dang,

• Se
    seriously????2012 Aug 03, 2012

You should of used one of those stipend checks to pay for the price increase in your books!! Stop blaming everyone else... seriously people???????????

• Na
    Nameless2009 Jun 16, 2012

I was a student at Vatterott for one course. Really the education to me was EXTREMELY substandard. Their job placement, they guarantied me was not even there until you were in the last phase of the Computer Technology course, of course after you paid all they could get from you. The Gen Ed was a complete joke, and how that passed for their accreditation I don't know. They claimed college credit transfer, but refused to transfer my credit from Meramec Community College until I was in the last phase, again after they got all the money they could, forcing me into worthless Gen Ed classes to which my instructor told me my knowledge was high than there kindergartner level book would teach. When I asked several times for an itemized bill for classes they refused with some of the lamest excuses I have heard.

My biggest problem and why I write here is to find out if anyone else had a situation of predatory lending from Vatterott? After signing up for classes, but before they started a death in the family caused me to suffer high living costs. I immediately expressed this to the financial services rep and strongly questioned if I would be able to repay the Sallie Mae loan, that was to start being repaid 6 months after the start of classes before you even finish. The answer I got was "Don't worry Sallie Mae will work with you." Yea, there way of working with you is a month off the payment which if I had a hard time paying at $130 a month, making it higher was not happening. Salie Mae didn't care, but they are a separate issue.

Curious if anyone else has had this?

• Su
    SuperSpook Apr 27, 2012

Duh! Does anyone on earth do their homework before signing up for these "shake-n-bake" schools? For God sake! Just Google for complaints on Vatterott College and the history is all over the Internet. Why is it that people think they can go down the same path as others who got the shaft and actually think things will turn out better for them? Heed the warning people. Most of these trade schools are a joke and there to get money from wherever they can. Guess who ends up paying for it? Sheesh!