VarageSaleWrongful denial of community access by administrator

J Aug 28, 2019

I recently entered the world of of online selling as an effort to minimize and release many of my personal items. Unfamiliar with platforms available, I downloaded a couple of apps.

While I have become a top rated power seller across various apps - I was not given the opportunity to even sell on VarageSale. The reason for automatic denial was due to ‘unclear' photo. I believed my photo to be ‘clear' - regardless I changed my photo to another clearer image. But honestly - the admin didn't even give me the courtesy to add me back - she basically said ‘no.' The administrator that denied me access had no much more of a clearer photo than myself (it was of her and her significant other - thus minimizing her own face.)

I had already posted my items before requesting access - ** this is important because many of my items were in the same quality level of the administrators. After a market review and analysis there is statistical evidence of her wrongdoing: Denying access of other users to control market share.

I was given access to other adjacent markets but would like to stay local. This business approach of administrators on power blitz's for power/market control is not viable. They will continue to lose market share and users to other online platforms with just as much credibility and that don't discriminate.

This administrator is in Missouri City, Texas. Katherine Sodek Langner. Below is the market review. My resolve would be access to sell and buy in my own backyard.

Varage Sale Community Statistics

This analysis highlights three different Varage Sale communities. Missouri City, Texas (my own neighborhood & access denial from administrator for ‘unclear photo') has the lowest market penetration & lowest community penetration. Which means fewer people allowed to sell in community. Select group of people controlling market community sales. Noted: I have been allowed access to sell in inner city and other surrounding suburbs. As an active community citizen of my community I simply would like the ability to participate in my own area. I am an active top rated seller with other platforms. Access denial appears calculated by administrator to control market share.

Missouri City, Texas :
Population: 74.5K
Members: 6.2K
Items: 44.3K
Community Penetration : 14% (low)
Market Penetration: 8.3% (low)

Sugar Land & Richmond (Houston Suburb Currently Combined)
Population: 100.5K
Members : 14.2K
Items: 35.1K
Community Penetration:40%
Market Penetration: 14%

Inner Loop Houston (Major Metro)
Population: 454K