Having problems with VarageSale?

VarageSale reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 11, 2016. The latest review Tasha penner was posted on Jul 4, 2021. The latest complaint Admins was resolved on Jul 31, 2018. VarageSale has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 46 reviews. VarageSale has resolved 2 complaints.

VarageSale Customer Service Contacts

111 Peter St, Suite 901
Toronto, Ontario
Canada - M5V2H1

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with VarageSale Customer Service. Initial VarageSale complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for VarageSale above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about VarageSale. Discuss the issues you have had with VarageSale and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

VarageSale Complaints & Reviews

VarageSaleTasha penner

Tasha is the worst admin on any form, she is literally the perfect description of a "Karen" if she doesn't like what you post she will just remove it. She's been on a power trip for over a year, she revoked my membership last year because I had duplicate ads, and I tried to make a new account this year and again revoked. This women is a piece of work and the varage sale owners should see how many complaints are against her, between multiple Facebook groups, and complaint forums. Tasha should be removed and everyone that she removed should be re evaluated….. very rude, and power tripping admins aren't what you want your company to be taken over by.

Respond

VarageSaleI need to know how &who I can take my complaint regarding an unfair behaviour of the admin.

I am having a problem with one of the admins, &I need to talk to someone as soon as possible.
    My phone number is
    [protected]
    I will appreciated some one call me ASAP.
    Her act was so wired & unexpected that made me think that she might prefer to support someone with western name than foreign name.
    That could be the only reason, I can make a conclusion regarding this conduct.

VarageSaleCalgary Admin Tasha penner

I was shocked that I can not see Calgary community in my list, then I find out the I was revoked. For seeming the message to update the picture to make Facebook picture, which I don't know why it has to be linked but I didn't reply. The reason I was hospitalized for covid for more than 5 weeks and Tasha Penney didn't get me even the change to come back to be active on the app again. Just because I open the message and close it means that I was not following the rules.. this doesn't make sense.

Calgary Admin Tasha penner

• 20
          20Jenn May 20, 2021

She’s on a huge power trip. How she has been able to abuse her power as an admin this long is surprising. Try contacting VarageSale head office about her.

VarageSaleRegina SK Admin Lynn Gray

Date: April 28, 2021 Was approached by an admin stating that I was posting too many ads, and thus had to move to the small business area. I asked her how many ads I was allowed as it doesn't say in the rules. She told me it didn't matter, and that I had to be moved to small business. She told me that I had until May 8th to move my ads. I moved a few ads, and then realized that you can only put one ad. We ran a business and sold it in 2020 so we are selling what is left. She told me that I could link our website or Facebook business page there, as you can't post ANY ads. I am no longer a business so I don't have a website or business page. I wrote up an ad linking it to MarketPlace as that is where I will be selling my stuff. Again, she told me I couldn't do that. She then told me that NO ONE was allowed to sell new items on the site. I sent her 25 members (which I found in 5 minutes) who were selling new items. She didn't like my answers so she terminated me instead. I have been a member for years with over 1300 praises, and I believe no strikes against me. I also told her that the rules should state clearly what defines a small business.

• Po
            Portia Nichol Oct 14, 2021

The exact same thing happened to me. The minute I proved her wrong she revoked me as well. This woman is on a ridiculous power trip and needs to be removed from her role as Administrator

VarageSaleVery rude admin on a power trip

Tasha Penner banned me because I had to make a new account as I lost my email account associated with my old account, I explained I can't recover the password and I was banned from the Calgary page. She previously banned me on my previous account because I accidentally posted a duplicate listing. A few friends have been banned for less from this same admin. She is very rude, not easy to deal with and will not help you in any way, she just patrols VarageSale like she is a supercop. On Facebook there was a post by someone about her and how she treats people which was not surprising, many people have left VarageSale simply because of her.

• Da
              Daft Ideas May 20, 2021

Agreed. I have a small business and have my business logo as my profile picture. Tasher is insists this isn't allowed, I understand the security aspect for buyers, buts isn't varage contactless? Also if anyone buys something from me their coming to my house so that's a pretty good starting point for an investigation should one be required.
              In addition I can put anY picture of a face up their who is to say it's an accurate reflection of me?

VarageSaleUnreasonable Admin

A few years ago while on Facebook, I was mercilessly stalked. I became so alarmed that I contacted the authorities and deleted my Facebook page. I had been a member in good standing in the Keswick Varagesale group until one day, about two years ago, an admin named Stacey contacted me and demanded that I provide a working FB page. I tried to explain why I preferred not to have one but that didn't matter to this person. She blocked me from using the Keswick varagesale. Up until that time, I had never been late to an appointment, I had always kept my word and did what I said I was going to do, I had positive reviews and gave positive reviews. When I sold a couple of items, the buyer stole the item and lied about leaving the money. I blocked her and went on with my life. The thief didn't get blocked but people like me get blocked. Another seller Sandra Daniel who I enjoyed dealing with, was also blocked by this same admin. Please note that this woman is a bully and likes to push imaginary authority.

Respond

VarageSaleHarassment from Vicki Tharp (admin)

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Johann Brunz and I have an account on Varage Sale in the Brazoria county area in Texas..
              Lake Jackson to be exact and I sell many things and lately I have been getting harassed by this admin named Vicki Tharp. She is from Angleton. She is constantly asking me why I have so many watches for sale and frankly they are my personal collection and she does not stop harassing me. It is not the first time that she sends me messages in the middle of the night like today for instance at 2am and begins asking me the same thing in regards to my watches. My phone wakes me up as a result of her messages to me. She always does this in the middle of the night. She has nothing else to do but harass me. I would like for her to be removed from admin and I would like for her to stop. She wakes me up with pointless messages and begins with her constant harassment about why I am selling this or that. This site does not have restrictions on how many watches I can sell and it isn't her business as to my personal watch collection. There are many people here selling similar items such as baseball cards and what not and I believe she is deliberately targeting me. Please remove her at once.
              Johann Brunz

VarageSaleSari Kreufer

Sari here messaged me about an item and when I wasn't willing to take the low ball offered amount they blocked me. Can't stand the people on varage sale. Already selling things for low prices and they want to haggle and haggle. And when they don't get their way they act like entitled brats. Thanks for blocking me, now I don't have to worry about getting low ball offers from you.

VarageSaleDefective window blind

Bought a $35 roller blind from VarageSale seller Oct 15 2020. While installing it I noticed that one bracket was defective so the blind could not be mounted. I contacted the seller. She told me it wasn't defective and asked for photos. I sent the photos and she replied that I was lying and that she would not give me back my money. Photos attached clearly show that one of the brackets does not fit into the blind. While writing this I included the Sellers name but got a prompt saying that name has already filed the issue. I don't know why she would contact Admin fully knowing that she sold me a defective item.
                  Please advise as to how I can get my money back.
                  Lyn Cartier

Defective window blind
                  Defective window blind

Jun 20, 2020

VarageSale — Calgary admin - tasha penner

I have had so many wonderful interactions with the community members of VarageSale and the only 2 negative...

May 12, 2020

VarageSale — My account has been blocked

I am filing a complaint against Leeann Matthews the admin person in charge of Varagesale. After may emails to...

Aug 28, 2019

VarageSale — Wrongful denial of community access by administrator

I recently entered the world of of online selling as an effort to minimize and release many of my personal...

Aug 13, 2019

VarageSale — Admins & no shows

VarageSale used to be a community of individuals who shared a mutual love of buying and selling gently used...

Jun 14, 2019

VarageSale — Community admin

There is an admin, LeeAnn Matthews, who admins for about 90% of the local communities, ( 2 hour range, ) who...

Jun 07, 2019

VarageSale — Admins revoking

I have been having the worst experience with varagesale, this admin by the name of "andrea Kelly" has revoked...

VarageSaleiphone x

I made a deal with a seller to purchase an iPhone X for $200. I sent the first $100 before shipping and was supposed to send the second $100 after receiving the item. After several weeks of waiting for the owner to ship the item he told me that instead of going through with the deal he would just return the $100 because he didn't want to keep me waiting. I sent a request for the money to be returned and it was declined twice. I did not receive the item or a refund.

VarageSaleDisagreeing with administrator - calgary

Clothing containing real fur

Tasha Penner says it is taxidermy, not allowed
                      I say clothing is made by furrier, not taxidermist, therefore should be allowed
                      Taxidermy is the mounting/stuffing of animals

There are alot of fur coats, hats, lined boots advertised on varage sale, but my grandmothers headband not allowed?

Rules should be same for everyone

• Di
                          Digger chick Mar 15, 2021

She picks and chooses what she sees fit, she is rude, obnoxious and ignorant

Mar 19, 2019

VarageSale — unacceptable patrolling of volunteer administrator tasha penner on ads that have the word "pickup" in them.

Helle Kim, as previously discussed if you want to indicate that you live in butte hills you also need to...

Feb 24, 2019

VarageSale — admins

There are to many controlling admins for an area that has a 30 minute drive radius. For example I just moved...

Jan 02, 2019

VarageSale — keswick and sutton administration

I'm living in a hamlet in Sutton West Ontario and was told to "change my location or will be removed". My...

Jackson's Point