Menu
Home Credit Cards Value Plus Scam
N
Author of the complaint
5:43 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Doing my taxes and looking at my bank statement. I had noticed that Value Plus had been taking out $24.95 but had rationalized it was something else. Yesterday I phoned the company [protected] and talked with a woman who offered nothing. Finally after my becoming increasingly angry she offered that maybe I had purchased something in Oct. of 2009. I did look at my bank statement and that is when it all started. I have no information about purchasing anything. What to do...well I called the bank, changed my card, stopped payment on the company and filed a complaint with the Fraud dept. of the bank. I will also go to the bank in person and follow up on this. I was going to call and demand my money be returned, but having read all your complaints, I see that would be futile. I may go to the Better Business Bureau. They actually took over $400. I wish I had caught it sooner and this is a lesson for me also. It is really disgusting that scams like this can get away with hitting so many people. We need to be alert. 9

128 comments
Jan 21, 2018 10:11 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I just found out they had been taking $22.95 a month out of my bank using my debit card. I didn't notice it until recently because of the way the word it on my account. I called and all I got was about 12 adds with no human. In all they got about $1, 700 out of my account since 2011. I am working with my bank with that and other companies that have taken money out without authorization.

Feb 04, 2017 9:23 am EST

I have a question. everyone is talking about value plus. But there are several of them so which company is everyone talking about. I got on here to find out about valueplus.net.au is this the same company that everyone is talking about? Or is this a different one.

Aug 08, 2007 12:00 am EDT

I want to complain about every damn category. What is this ### about? I will definitely be calling my bank to stop payment on any transactions going on with this company. How can people just do this? It's just wrong. I work too damn hard for my money for some scammers to try to take it. They need to get a job. A REAL J.O.B They haven't heard the last of me at all.

Mar 20, 2008 4:32 am EDT

I paid for a product and received a discount and was aware to call within the prescribed period of time to cancel membership before my card would be charged. I called on 3/18/08 and was told that I would receive a confirmation email regarding my cancellation within 24 hours and received nothing. I called on 3/19 /08 to check and was told by agent No. 62795 that the cancellation was not put in and that she would take care of it. I didn't believe her, of course, so she gave me her agent no. above. She said I would get a confirmation email within 24 hours. I checked my email this morning @ 7:15 am eastern time and there is no email confirmation from this company. I want a confirmation email stating that this membership is canceled and my card will not be charged because I called within the time frame.

W
Jun 25, 2011 8:18 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This company used my debit card information without my authorization. They took out $1.00 but their just checking to see if account is valid and next time will be for a larger amount. I do believe they got it when I ordered a workout plan from an informercial. Also there is another company called Funsource which happens that these two companies have the same 800# has to be the same company.

Jan 27, 2022 3:29 pm EST

I just joined. the $1 is for the trial period. Then $19.99 a month. I ordered a $25 gift card at 25% off to see if it was true. The one gift card I ordered was valid. So, now that I see complaints, I'm not sure how to proceed. I think I'll order a couple more gift cards and see if it is worth it.

Jan 27, 2022 3:30 pm EST
Replying to comment of plinkzer

20% off

B
Jun 08, 2011 8:47 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was promised a $25 gift card for Walmart. A free trial for 30 days and to call a number to cancel. I called the number and it was some kind of directory assistance and they told me they weren't doing that promotion any more and to call another number in which they gave me. Now I am being charged $19.95 for Value Plus. There is no way to contact them to cancel. This is a SCAM!

N
Mar 25, 2011 11:12 am EDT

I ordered a "free trial" of Value Plus card that was supposed to came with a free $25 gift certificate just for trying their service.

I never received the card, but discovered that they started charging me a monthly fee for it. Calling them is a waste of time. Every time I try to call to leave a message the line is always busy. Does anybody out here know how to stop these thieves?

May 01, 2010 11:24 pm EDT

I did not apply a membership with Value plus but I just received a letter concerning about my application with a subscriber number [protected] and the account number on my visa card.I want to cancel a membership right away. please check this for me t
telephone number:[protected]
e mail address:tommynguyen1957@yahoo.com

Dec 06, 2009 5:48 am EST

Google the attorney general for the state of Minnesota..there is a web site there as well as an 1-800 # You can also down load a form.I think the more people that do this the faster these people will be knocked out of buisness.Change all your debit card #, s dont sit idle and think they will refund you.The next month they will wack you again.So please inform the appropiate office and good luck

Aug 27, 2009 5:05 pm EDT

My bank account was short $19.95 due to an account called Value Plus. I don't know what this value plus is, and I don't believe I've authorised any transaction for them. I tried calling the 800 number to see whaat this was and a lady told me that my last name did not register on her computer, then she hung up on me. If I have any more problems with them taking money out of my account, I'm going to call the BBB, and the FBI.

U
Jul 29, 2009 5:00 pm EDT

got letter to claim gift card for 50.00 to be in this program, cant creat a login and cant claim rebate/gift card for joining, NO PHONE NBR EITHER TO REACH THEM to cancel on bank statement ...BUT there is a nbr on the intial paperwork i finially got after they were charging me almost at endof the tria timel...nbr is [protected]

Jul 11, 2009 10:06 am EDT

The company promised from my free trail membership I would get a $50.00 free gas card being a member or not. If I cancel I still get the card and can not download the appllication for the free gas. Tried to cancel and can not get a hol dof them to do so. Do not want charged for a membership I do not want. Was just a trial membership.

Apr 08, 2009 3:57 pm EDT

I bought a curling and strightening iron and they also gave me 30 days free subscription of three magazines and a $25 gift certificate if i go online to www.valueplusonline.com/open/form/50 and i can't find a site to get registered for the gift card but i found target and others associated with it but no walmart gift certificate registration form.

Dec 15, 2008 3:43 pm EST

A charge of $16.95 appeared on my credit card. I called the toll free number and was informed I had purchased it from a product I had purchased on the internet. Value Plus informed me I should have received a packet of coupons worth $1000 to redeem for various products. I have not received the packet, only the $16.95 charge on my credit card. I did not subscribe to the value plus company. It is definitely a scam.

Oct 30, 2008 12:51 pm EDT

we purchased dvds from an infomerical 2 years ago today i checked my account and 19.95 was missing. the only way they got my card number was through girls gone wild. i cant even get all my money back just half of it.thats two years of this bs. i cant beleive this has went on this long and noone has put a stop to this im outraged

Oct 15, 2008 5:56 pm EDT

I was ordering PeddiePaws and instead I was signed up for this ValuePlus online. I do not want to belong to it and I called to cancel it and the man said he would cancel my membership and to day I get a letter congratulating me on being a member. I do not want any membership in antthing. I will not pay for it either. It was a fraudulent way of getting someone to sign up for it.

Jul 14, 2008 11:51 am EDT

Value Plus seems to be a collection agency for GT 101 Sandwich and Desert making machines. They will not tell me or my credit card who is billing me $19.95 monthly but they keep up the billing to my credit card. It is a SCAM to keep a person on the mailing list. This bill was disputed by my credit card and resolved in my favore but now I have been billed by Value Plus again for the same amount. I am disputing it again.

May 16, 2008 10:05 am EDT

No, i could not find the web site, and when i called the # [protected], the first guy said the computers were down and to call back later! The 2nd lady didn't know what i was talking about, but once i told her she confirmed my info. and said "will that be all". We'll see what happens-will update.

Nov 28, 2006 12:00 am EST

I am being charged $14.95 by a company called Value Plus and the same amount by a company called Essentials for Home which are apparently both owned by Damark. I do not know what these charges are for or how to stop them other than through my credit card company. I think this is just fraud and wonder if anybody out there knows any other ways to stop these thieves?

H
Jul 05, 2012 6:37 am EDT

This company took $ 24.95 out of my checking acct twice in one day, I don't have any idea who they are.

Mar 19, 2011 8:03 am EDT

I just don't want anything from Value Plus anymore, so they need to cancel my account that I have with them.I don't want to charge my debit/credit card anymore.

L
Feb 28, 2011 12:16 am EST

This freakin company is stealing money off my credit card. I do not know who this company is or how they got my info. Something needs to be done. This is not the first time they have done this to me. Please help

Nov 30, 2010 6:04 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have had to ask my bank to go after fees that are withdrawn from my acct every month. Of course the company is very difficult to reach and they persist in taking my money. i have had to change my bank acct # but they still persist.

K
Nov 01, 2010 11:28 pm EDT

This company started charging my charge card in August for a membership that no one in my family authorized! When I called them, they were rude and I will have fill out a form before they will consider refunding my money. BE WARE!

T
Sep 27, 2010 4:56 pm EDT

Got a letter in the mail to claim my gift card. went to the website and no such thing. what a scam//////////

G
Sep 01, 2010 8:53 am EDT

I was promised a $50 Walmart gift card for trying Value Plus. I received a letter which told me to logon to Valu Plus to receive my gift card, , but did not find a log on area on the www.valueplusonline.com page and therefore was unable to collect the $50 Walmart gift certificate.

Aug 15, 2010 8:23 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

on 8/6/2010. Value Plus took 24.95 from my Bank Account. I have no idea, how they got my acct info. I have NEVER ordered nor dealt with this company! BEWARE

Jul 25, 2010 3:20 pm EDT

I found a monthly charge on my bank statment of $21.95. I reported it to my bank. Then I called the number that I found on the statment. So I called it and it told me to come to this web site. I have no idea what is going on with this company but this is really bad!

Jun 30, 2010 1:02 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I would like to cancel the service for Value Plus and Fun Source Monthly (same address) that has been charged on my credit card. I cannot get into www.programstop.com to fill out the cancellation form.
Please respond. D. Hecht

Jun 01, 2010 7:25 am EDT

I have an unautherized charge of $1.95 code [protected] as of 4/11/2010 and a charge of $24.95 code [protected] as of 5/14/2010 on my creditcard.
I request the money be credited back to my account, will contact the Better Business Bureau.

Mar 13, 2010 4:05 pm EST

i would like to cancel my subscription to value plus that i received for 30 days free. this is my 30 day notice to cancel. do not charge anything to my credit card.

Jan 05, 2010 10:31 pm EST

I have been receiving a monthly charge of 19.95 taken from my checking account for several months and in December of 2009 I canceled the service from which this charge originated. I just seen that I was charged again for the month of January 2010.
What steps can I take to end this?

Nov 15, 2009 5:13 pm EST

I have called the only, 24 hour phone number, to canceled the membership. But assistance is only offer Mon-Fri 8am-11pm. I still can not get anyone to help me. There is no way to contact them, not by web nor phone. Everything they said is wrong. I have not received anything so I want to canceled now.

W
Nov 06, 2009 7:06 am EST

This ad is fine for those who seek coupons. BUT to cancel the monthly draw from bnk acct is not given. The phone number, on their info page mailed, is invalid; though listed 5 times!

Nov 05, 2009 10:17 pm EST

I bought a Forclosure packet and was given a free 30 day trial period to Value Plus and promised a $50 gift card I can not pull up the web site or contact anyone. After the 30 days they are going to charge my account $24.95. What can we do?

Jul 25, 2009 12:18 pm EDT

The Name of the company is Value Plus
The Web site is http://www.valueplusonline.com
if you go to the bottom of the page and click on contact us you get this page. I hope that this was helpful to you Ralph Diehl

Jun 28, 2009 1:34 pm EDT

i have charges on my credit card of 19.95 a month and i don't know what they are for. i don't recall signing up for any kind of ongoing program.

Jun 16, 2009 7:30 am EDT

WAS OFFERED A FREE $50. GIFT CARD JUST FOR TRYING THE SERVICE. IF I DIDN'T LIKE IT I COULD CANCEL ANYTIME WITHIN THE 30 DAYS OF RECEIVING MY PACKET. I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE ANYTHING EXCEPT THIS LETTER FOR MY GIFTCARD AND IT IS A FAKE ADDRESS.

Jun 10, 2009 5:49 am EDT

I stopped membership 2 months ago and they are still taking 19.95 out of my checking acc. every month

E
Jun 03, 2009 7:12 pm EDT

damn jerks taking money out of my account what kind of ### is that thanx to your complaints i cancelled it n they better return my 19.95 back into my account

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

165 complaints