Value PlusScam

N

Doing my taxes and looking at my bank statement. I had noticed that Value Plus had been taking out $24.95 but had rationalized it was something else. Yesterday I phoned the company [protected] and talked with a woman who offered nothing. Finally after my becoming increasingly angry she offered that maybe I had purchased something in Oct. of 2009. I did look at my bank statement and that is when it all started. I have no information about purchasing anything. What to do...well I called the bank, changed my card, stopped payment on the company and filed a complaint with the Fraud dept. of the bank. I will also go to the bank in person and follow up on this. I was going to call and demand my money be returned, but having read all your complaints, I see that would be futile. I may go to the Better Business Bureau. They actually took over $400. I wish I had caught it sooner and this is a lesson for me also. It is really disgusting that scams like this can get away with hitting so many people. We need to be alert. 9

• Da
    Daniel Garcia Oct 25, 2006

Got a letter saying to log in. Well, no site listed.

CHERYL GOECKEL Oct 31, 2006

They called me up and promised me all kinds of discounts and savings and I would get a coupon for $40.00 just for trying them. I didn't get any offers or the gas rebate.

Margaret Longstreth Nov 28, 2006

I am being charged $14.95 by a company called Value Plus and the same amount by a company called Essentials for Home which are apparently both owned by Damark. I do not know what these charges are for or how to stop them other than through my credit card company. I think this is just fraud and wonder if anybody out there knows any other ways to stop these thieves?

• Al
    al quartararo Dec 22, 2006

Watch out this company charges your account monthly $14.95 small amount hard to notice, they will not give out there address , but here is where their hiding Damark International 7101 winnetka ave north Minneapolis MN 55428-1619
    Provell inc. Suite 680 11100 wayzata blvd. 55305

• Al
    al quartararo Dec 23, 2006

Watch out this company charges your account monthly $14.95 small amount hard to notice, they will not give out there address, but here is where their hiding Damark International 7101 winnetka ave north Minneapolis MN 55428-1619
    Provell inc. Suite 680 11100 wayzata blvd. 55305

Roxanne Tomaiolo Jan 25, 2007

I was told that I would get a $40 gas rebate if I signed up with this company. There is no such thing or website. This is a ripoff.

Saily L. Rosario Feb 20, 2007

Continuously, Value plus, a name of some type that i have never even heard of keeps charging 14.95 to my credit account!!! In reference to that, I cant even find a legitimate number or website to get in contact with these people who have some how gotten a hold of my credit account. I would like that this matter come to an end and the charges to stop. What's even more upsetting is that I dont even know what in god's name there charging me for. Ridiculous!

John LeMay Feb 26, 2007

I too found these charges, 14.95 by essentials for home, and value plus. I heard about "free computer products" on the local radio station and investigated. Companies like Blockbuster and Sirius were among the list. I assumed, after investigating, that it was legit. I got a Sirius radio, I didn't want, a Blockbuster account (I didn't need), and charges from Essentials for home and value plus (these both have the same phone number), and no computer. The free computer company stated that they didn't have my information... everyone else does, and I started getting 14.95 (2x's a month - one for each account) charged monthly ....for what? I am calling to complain to Sirius and Blockbuster. How could they align themselves with a fraud company? DO NOT GO TO FREECOMPUTERS.COM. This is how I got into this whole mess!! I learned my lesson!!!

Robert A Keith Mar 05, 2007

I received a call from value plus for a year about once a month and I always reject there free offer in order not to get signed up for anything. I learned the first time I accepted their offer they spread my credit card information to other companies and I had to call each to cancel. So I don't commit to anything but, I still received a charge. I can remember when the representative called cause I was acting kind of rude cause she kept on insisting so, I said "no" and hung up.

• Rs
    R. Scott Carlsen Mar 11, 2007

I was told I would get $40.00 in gas rebates when I enrolled in Value Plus. When I went www.valueplusonline.com/40form. to get the gas rebates form, there was no site.

• Ev
    Eva Owen Jun 04, 2007

When ordering a product by phone, I was offered a $25.00 gift card of my choice for signing up with value plus. I was instructed to log on to www.valueplusonline.com/open/form/gc in order to claim this card. It seems there is no such web site.

Maranda Cummings Jun 04, 2007

When I try to download my claim form, the page comes up blank. Anyone experienced the same problem?

Mark Jun 12, 2007

The address is: http://www.valueplusonline.com/gcform.html (I checked to make sure it is working, and it is.)

• Ju
    Juanita Attaway Aug 08, 2007

I want to complain about every damn category. What is this ### about? I will definitely be calling my bank to stop payment on any transactions going on with this company. How can people just do this? It's just wrong. I work too damn hard for my money for some scammers to try to take it. They need to get a job. A REAL J.O.B They haven't heard the last of me at all.

• Do
    Don Ellis Jan 22, 2008

Received offer for $4o cash back gas rebates at site "valueplusonline.com/open/form/40. no such site exists. It turned out to be a fraudulent scam.

• Me
    melissa quire Mar 18, 2008

They gave me two subscriber numbers to log in and it doesn't work to claim a $ 25.00 visa card. and a $ 100.00 visa card. Sent what they needed for this and it doesn't work. I am upset.

• Sb
    sbhardy Mar 20, 2008

I paid for a product and received a discount and was aware to call within the prescribed period of time to cancel membership before my card would be charged. I called on 3/18/08 and was told that I would receive a confirmation email regarding my cancellation within 24 hours and received nothing. I called on 3/19 /08 to check and was told by agent No. 62795 that the cancellation was not put in and that she would take care of it. I didn't believe her, of course, so she gave me her agent no. above. She said I would get a confirmation email within 24 hours. I checked my email this morning @ 7:15 am eastern time and there is no email confirmation from this company. I want a confirmation email stating that this membership is canceled and my card will not be charged because I called within the time frame.

Charity Childers Mar 22, 2008

These people charged my card and I have never even heard of them who are these people and how are they getting your card numbers and is this allowed or should we get to together and sue them for using these without our permission. Are they getting our card numbers when you go to the stores or what.

• Ga
    g ayd Apr 12, 2008

Received offer when I ordered a legitimate product over the phone, to date have been unable to log on to the web site that I need to to retrieve my $25.00 gift card, and the web site to stop program does not exists either.

• Ca
    Carolyn Mitchell May 05, 2008

Cancel my membership immediately.

Charles Pardee May 10, 2008

I have been charged numerous times by Value Plus for $19.95. For no reason, it needs to stop. I want my money back for all the times they charged me.

marie May 16, 2008

No, i could not find the web site, and when i called the # 1800-475-1942, the first guy said the computers were down and to call back later!! The 2nd lady didn't know what i was talking about, but once i told her she confirmed my info. and said "will that be all". We'll see what happens-will update.

• Ev
    Evelyn Jun 09, 2008

I ws checking my checking account on line and noticed a pending charge from value plus for $ 16.95. I do not know what this is for. I have not been to any value plus site.

Ronald Slay Jul 12, 2008

Was told I can cancel within 30 days of signing and to be able to receive 40 dollar gas saving coupon but no chance of this happening...

Charles Jul 14, 2008

Value Plus seems to be a collection agency for GT 101 Sandwich and Desert making machines. They will not tell me or my credit card who is billing me $19.95 monthly but they keep up the billing to my credit card. It is a SCAM to keep a person on the mailing list. This bill was disputed by my credit card and resolved in my favore but now I have been billed by Value Plus again for the same amount. I am disputing it again.

• Ca
    Carol Hamel Jul 16, 2008

I purchased Kinoki foot pads(which are a rip off) and denied purchase of Value plus $19.95/month
    and it appears on my credit card for 2 months before I picked it up and when I called they cancelled it and stated that it was all on line and there was no refund. They are fraud. collecting money!

• Li
    Liz Jul 18, 2008

I do not know how this company got my info, but I suddenly am receiving emails congratulating me on my membership with this company. I have never heard of them nor did I sign up for any membership of any kind. Reading the small print I learn they will charge me $19.95 each month! I quickly responded to the email and received flip responses from some idiot who could care less. I called the 800 number and was told they would "cancel" my account (the account I never signed up for) and yet the next day, I received ANOTHER email from the same company. I am reporting this to the BBB and to my attorney. Companies like this should not be allowed to exist.

• Su
    suzanna desjardine Jul 19, 2008

I was promised a 25.00 gift card for joining the program and i never received so the company wrote to me to go to the web site www.valueplusonline.com/open/form/gc and this is where it sent me.

• Te
    teressa kelly Aug 11, 2008

im trying to claim my twenty-five dollar gift card but i cant seem to by doing by the computer is there anything you can do to help me please.

• Mi
    Michael Luna Aug 11, 2008

This company kkep charging my account, I cannot reach this company to canel. I faxed notice to cancel yet they keep charging my account

Margaret Rose Sep 02, 2008

I also am trying to claim my 25.00 gift card. I sincerely hope that this is not a scam. I am calling the number that is on the letter that I was sent. For anyone interested 1-888-833-7279

• Do
    doug rice Sep 05, 2008

They got me too i called the # canceled and was told that they will be refunding my money 1695 i ordered that lipozene and they a scam also think that where it came from for me! Did anyone else order from them and have problems? Email me if so tks!

• Sh
    shelia slate Sep 12, 2008

Was promised yo go the web page and submit my number, the web page did not exist, i called the 800 no. and was told their web site had been down for a few days, i gave them my sub. no. and she said i was not in the system yet and i did this over 2 weeks ago.

jammie Sep 18, 2008

value plus sent me a letter in the mail that read i was awarded a $25 gift card. the refrence # was bogus along with the website

I'm confused!!!

toni sumberlin Sep 20, 2008

When do I receive the $25 gift card?????

• Bu
    Burl Sep 20, 2008

I inadvertenly enrolled in this company's membership which I do not need nor want. I want my membership canceled!

• De
    Devin Linderman Sep 26, 2008

I also hope this isnt no scam because i could really use this card for things for my children i hope that i receive it.

Thanks so much for your time.

• Ke
    ken Sep 27, 2008

This website charge me $19.95 I dont know how they got my info. i reported it to my bank and file a claim, this is fraud! I hate people like this. Im educated enough to not say a foul word here but this needs action so it won't happen again!