Value PlusScam

N

Doing my taxes and looking at my bank statement. I had noticed that Value Plus had been taking out $24.95 but had rationalized it was something else. Yesterday I phoned the company [protected] and talked with a woman who offered nothing. Finally after my becoming increasingly angry she offered that maybe I had purchased something in Oct. of 2009. I did look at my bank statement and that is when it all started. I have no information about purchasing anything. What to do...well I called the bank, changed my card, stopped payment on the company and filed a complaint with the Fraud dept. of the bank. I will also go to the bank in person and follow up on this. I was going to call and demand my money be returned, but having read all your complaints, I see that would be futile. I may go to the Better Business Bureau. They actually took over $400. I wish I had caught it sooner and this is a lesson for me also. It is really disgusting that scams like this can get away with hitting so many people. We need to be alert. 9

Deamryelab Jan 21, 2018

I just found out they had been taking $22.95 a month out of my bank using my debit card. I didn't notice it until recently because of the way the word it on my account. I called and all I got was about 12 adds with no human. In all they got about $1, 700 out of my account since 2011. I am working with my bank with that and other companies that have taken money out without authorization.

maryfisher63 Feb 04, 2017

I have a question. everyone is talking about value plus. But there are several of them so which company is everyone talking about. I got on here to find out about valueplus.net.au is this the same company that everyone is talking about? Or is this a different one.

• Je
    Jeff Stein Dec 31, 2012

I just discovered that a company called Value Plus, based in Minnetonka, MN, has been taking $24.95 a month from my ING Direct account. When I called them [protected]) today, they told me I'd bought something online from them back in October and that I'd signed up for their discounts plan. Since I knew this was false -- I don't join discount plans because I'm not much of a shopper -- I smelled a scam. Sure enough, there are lots of complaints about this company. They said they'd refund the money to me, but of course that's not the point: They're criminals.

• Ha
    Hagoke Jul 05, 2012

This company took $ 24.95 out of my checking acct twice in one day, I don't have any idea who they are.

• Wo
    womanonmission Jun 25, 2011

This company used my debit card information without my authorization. They took out $1.00 but their just checking to see if account is valid and next time will be for a larger amount. I do believe they got it when I ordered a workout plan from an informercial. Also there is another company called Funsource which happens that these two companies have the same 800# has to be the same company.

• Br
    Bridget G. Jun 08, 2011

I was promised a $25 gift card for Walmart. A free trial for 30 days and to call a number to cancel. I called the number and it was some kind of directory assistance and they told me they weren't doing that promotion any more and to call another number in which they gave me. Now I am being charged $19.95 for Value Plus. There is no way to contact them to cancel. This is a SCAM!!!

• Cl
    Cleveland, OH Apr 20, 2011

had the same unauthorized charges: 24.95/month from: FUNSOURCE and VALUEPLUS I called this number: [protected] and had all charges credited!

Nora T Mar 25, 2011

I ordered a "free trial" of Value Plus card that was supposed to came with a free $25 gift certificate just for trying their service.

I never received the card, but discovered that they started charging me a monthly fee for it. Calling them is a waste of time. Every time I try to call to leave a message the line is always busy. Does anybody out here know how to stop these thieves?

• Da
    David A. Myrick Mar 19, 2011

I just don't want anything from Value Plus anymore, so they need to cancel my account that I have with them.I don't want to charge my debit/credit card anymore.

• Ri
    rigoberto lopez Mar 03, 2011

Youl took my money to checking accouny.that's not feer.and that's not a good deal.

• Le
    LEO7598 Feb 28, 2011

This freakin company is stealing money off my credit card. I do not know who this company is or how they got my info. Something needs to be done. This is not the first time they have done this to me. Please help

• Ta
    T. Allen Feb 21, 2011

I was charged for something I did not authorize. I don't even know what this is. I have got the run a round from this company and I want my money back. I have called this company and still no refund. I am extremely mad about this and I don't know what else to do.

• El
    ellen l miller Dec 31, 2010

they took out $50.oo a month from my checking since Aug. 2010 till Dec. 2010 without my permission.

Debbie Rogers Dec 08, 2010

I have the same problem. Try calling this number [protected]. I spoke with them today and was told that they would credit my account for all charges. The total amount charged to my card is $99.80. They said it would take 3-5 business days. I'm going to post whether or not they do. Wish us both luck. I hope this helps.

Debbie Rogers Dec 08, 2010

In November of this year they charged my credit card $24.95 twice, for a service that I did not sign up for. I called this number
    [protected] and cancelled this service. I was told that they would refund the charges which now is $99.80 within 3 - 5 business days. I will wait and see if they do what they say and I will post what happened. Wish me luck ... :-)~

• Ju
    Just Imagine It Crafts Nov 30, 2010

I have had to ask my bank to go after fees that are withdrawn from my acct every month. Of course the company is very difficult to reach and they persist in taking my money. i have had to change my bank acct # but they still persist.

• Ke
    Kelgarr Nov 01, 2010

This company started charging my charge card in August for a membership that no one in my family authorized!! When I called them, they were rude and I will have fill out a form before they will consider refunding my money. BE WARE!!!

• Ta
    Tamara Chivalier Sep 27, 2010

Got a letter in the mail to claim my gift card. went to the website and no such thing. what a scam//////////

charleysmama Sep 21, 2010

I listened to a Radio Announcement stating I would receive $1000.00 worth of FREE Groceries. I specifically asked the person I was speaking with "How I would receive $1000.00 worth of Free Groceries, I asked if it was cash or if it was coupons?" The person I was speaking with told me I would receive a Credit Card worth $1000.00. I asked "Why would anyone give away $1000.00?" He told me that a "Survey Company was going to be keeping track of what I spent and I only needed to purchase 'Name Brand' merchandise." I then asked "How does the Survey Company know what I bought?" I was told "They are the ones who have to pay the credit card off!"
    I was then told I was going to have to pay a $23.60 processing fee. When I asked what the processing fee was for I was told "It is for Postage and Handling."
    The Marketer then explained that I would be given several opportunities to receive other discounts on a trial basis.
    I point blank asked "Is this some kind of Membership Discount Company?" I was told "I already told you it is a Survey Company."
    When I got my Checking Statement there were charges to my account from at least 6 different Companies.
    Talk about MISREPRESENTATION I was LIED to.
    I am planning on forwarding this complaint to the Better Business Bureau and the Companies that work in conjunction with this SCAM.
    I for one will be Boycotting Kellog, Hormel, Johnson & Johnson, Purina, Papa Johns and Colgate and anyone else who encourages this company by offering coupons and discounts. If the "Name Brand Companies" were smart they would pool their resources call their Attorneys and put these SCAMMERS OUT OF BUSINESS, before their reputations are completely trashed.
    By the way I am sending a copy of this complaint to every company that offers Coupons through your services.

• Go
    goldilockscm Sep 01, 2010

I was promised a $50 Walmart gift card for trying Value Plus. I received a letter which told me to logon to Valu Plus to receive my gift card, , but did not find a log on area on the www.valueplusonline.com page and therefore was unable to collect the $50 Walmart gift certificate.

Stephanie Jordan Aug 17, 2010

where the ### is the card i paid for

Stephanie Jordan Aug 17, 2010

I wount the card i was promessed without filling out all these papers over and over

i jest wount me card

MarcRN Aug 15, 2010

on 8/6/2010. Value Plus took 24.95 from my Bank Account. I have no idea, how they got my acct info. I have NEVER ordered nor dealt with this company! BEWARE

• Mc
    M.Caraway Jul 25, 2010

I found a monthly charge on my bank statment of $21.95. I reported it to my bank. Then I called the number that I found on the statment. So I called it and it told me to come to this web site. I have no idea what is going on with this company but this is really bad!

Deserre Hecht Jun 30, 2010

I would like to cancel the service for Value Plus and Fun Source Monthly (same address) that has been charged on my credit card. I cannot get into www.programstop.com to fill out the cancellation form.
    Please respond. D. Hecht

• Te
    terri robinson Jun 04, 2010

I tried calling the number listed on my bank statement, where I was being billed 14.95 per month/ I did not know what this charge was for. I called the number that was listed on my bank statement and got no answer. Called again and got a beeping sound...How do I remove this charge, which I have no idea what it is????

• Ri
    ripped _off Jun 01, 2010

I have an unautherized charge of $1.95 code [protected] as of 4/11/2010 and a charge of $24.95 code [protected] as of 5/14/2010 on my creditcard.
    I request the money be credited back to my account, will contact the Better Business Bureau.

• Mi
    minh nguyen May 01, 2010

I did not apply a membership with Value plus but I just received a letter concerning about my application with a subscriber number [protected] and the account number on my visa card.I want to cancel a membership right away. please check this for me t
    telephone number:[protected]
    e mail address:[email protected]

• Cy
    cyndy nelson Mar 13, 2010

i would like to cancel my subscription to value plus that i received for 30 days free. this is my 30 day notice to cancel. do not charge anything to my credit card.

• Gr
    gricegayle Feb 17, 2010

It tells u to go there website to claim your free gift card and there is nowhere to claim it.

• Ae
    ae Jan 11, 2010

i wany to claim my $25 walmart gift card just for signing up for value plus my subscriber number is [protected]. thank you for this matter.

• Cp
    C. Pugh Jan 05, 2010

I have been receiving a monthly charge of 19.95 taken from my checking account for several months and in December of 2009 I canceled the service from which this charge originated. I just seen that I was charged again for the month of January 2010.
    What steps can I take to end this?

• Pe
    P***ed Off Dec 08, 2009

I did not agree to any membership either, and I want the charges taken off of my account. Does anyone know how to do so or
    should I just call my bank and have them do it and report Value Plus? Thanks LH

dee11 Dec 06, 2009

Google the attorney general for the state of Minnesota..there is a web site there as well as an 1-800 # You can also down load a form.I think the more people that do this the faster these people will be knocked out of buisness.Change all your debit card #, s dont sit idle and think they will refund you.The next month they will wack you again.So please inform the appropiate office and good luck

Mad in Ga. Nov 15, 2009

I have called the only, 24 hour phone number, to canceled the membership. But assistance is only offer Mon-Fri 8am-11pm. I still can not get anyone to help me. There is no way to contact them, not by web nor phone. Everything they said is wrong. I have not received anything so I want to canceled now.

• Wi
    Winterman Nov 06, 2009

This ad is fine for those who seek coupons. BUT to cancel the monthly draw from bnk acct is not given. The phone number, on their info page mailed, is invalid; though listed 5 times!

• Ci
    cindy Brooks Nov 05, 2009

I bought a Forclosure packet and was given a free 30 day trial period to Value Plus and promised a $50 gift card I can not pull up the web site or contact anyone. After the 30 days they are going to charge my account $24.95. What can we do???

• Ra
    ralphd3g Oct 27, 2009

UCB Called wanted full payment for verizon bill. Paid half 10/20/09 the other half 10/28/09 did not listen to me. then went to talk to supervisor and never returned to the phone I was on hold for 60:15 bank confirms payment.
    [email protected]
    RALPH C DIEHL

• Sc
    scnall Oct 14, 2009

What this company doesn't tell you is you have to type the site they give you into the address bar and NOT the search engine bar. "They don't want just anyone logging on to their site to sign up for the free gift cards" is their reason for not allowing the search engine to work. Since a person would have to have a subscriber number in order to get a gift card, this sounds like a plan to frustrate those that have one coming to give up. My advise is to call them at [protected] to cancel whatever you want to cancel.