Valore BooksNever sent check

A

I am the seller who sold books back to Valore Books on January 9, 2017. I received a confirmation on January 10 that UPS received the package and it was on its wat to La Vergne, TN. That is the last I heard from them and in the middle of February I started e-mailing them as to when will I receive the check for $79.21. After many e-mails they told me the package came in and someone (UPS)took out the books and I would have to file a complaint with UPS. I called UPS and they said the books were taken from the package and I would have to fill out a claims form however they could not send me the forms because I did not pay for the shipping. The shipping is paid through Valore Books so that is where ups said they sent the forms . I have been trying to get the forms from Valore Books and all I get is the run a round. What should I do from here?

Angela Messina
[protected]
[protected]@yahoo.com

• Mu
    Muscarella Sep 25, 2013

I sold back several books to Valore. They priced one of my books in the $70 range based on the ISBN number and then when they received it said it wasn't the right edition and cut the price in half. I emailed and left a phone message but they are not returning my calls. Their website does not have a phone number on it so I spend quite a bit of time trying to track it down.

• Ni
    Nick Z Nov 21, 2013

When the I phone 5s cam out I decided it was time to sell my older I phones (4s and 3gs). I did the research and found Valore books to be advertising a very good rate and quick response time. So I locked in the rate back in September and sent my package about a week later. The USPS tracker says the package made it there in the beginning of October and here I am Nov 21st and I haven't even heard back from them. The Website still claims my package never made it there, even though USPS shows the contrary. I sent in a couple complaints and the best I got was " you will hear from the buyer within 2 business days". That was 2 weeks ago. DO NOT do business with this company as you will just lose your valuable time, money, and whatever resources you try to sell back to them!

• Ta
    Taurus06 Jan 03, 2014

For the same reason, I decided to sell my iPhone 5 in order to upgrade to the iPhone 5S. Valorebooks received the item but claimed it was crack, broken and non-operative. I had the phone for less than six months and it was in great shape but even still I listed in as GOOD condition not perfect. However, Valorebooks "canceled" my order and REFUSED to return my item. If it was so damaged and useless, why not send it back??? COMPLETE RIP-OFF!!!

• Ni
    Nick Z Jan 03, 2014

Update: on 11/30 I finally decided I had enough and sent them a very nasty email. They then promptly replied and said my check had been mailed out and should be available 7-14 business days. 14 business days later nothing. So I sent another email and they asked me to reconfirm my address and it was "sent" on 12/22. Today is business day number 8 and still nothing. We will see next week if my "check" arrives.

• Ju
    Justin Simpson May 15, 2014

I sent in my law school books in to ValoreBooks in January 2017. Through email communication acknowledged they received my books and would be mailing my check for $188 that was owed. It is now the middle of May and they are telling me that payment had been sent on a few occasions. I then looked up ValoreBooks and realized what MESS I had gotten into. There are NUMEROUS complaints from people regarding the same issues. Why isn't the hierarchy of ValoreBooks in court? The last email was the my address must be faulty and to give them a different address. Has ANYONE out there gotten paid by these people??? I think the next step is to find a legal remedy that ValoreBooks cannot ignore!!