UT Health East Texas / billing

I called the Dr office in Whitehouse and was transferred to Billing for an error in the billing done this morning at 8:00 9/11/19. The older woman I spoke to immediately became rude at every question I had along with cutting me off in mid sentence. I had to hang up on her. The original issue was I received a bill from UT regarding my daughters most recent appointment (a check-up) and she has insurance through Amerigroup but was billed through another insurance ( not sure why because her insurance has never changed) which I tried explaining to the woman and she was not understanding me and kept cutting me off saying I needed a denial letter. Well after hanging up on her being extremely rude I then called the insurance company United Healthcare which my current insurance through my job but my daughter has never received, anyway they said they would be willing to talk to the billing department to see what exactly they need to do or maybe clear up the misunderstanding that she is not covered through them. The gentleman called and the same woman answered, he went through the process of explaining the situation and she then said I did not know what insurance my daughter had and I did not make any sense to her and she tried to tell me I needed a letter to prove she does not have insurance through United in order to go farther. She was rude to the man helping me and also me again consistently cutting me and him off the entire conversation in turn still not understanding what questions were being asked or what information needed to be addressed. The customer service in this situation was non-existent! There should be punishment for this situation. The man with United on the phone with me said he will be making a formal complaint as well so please for that. Either insurance need to be billed correctly or this bill be dismissed! I need an apology! I need to know she will have a required customer service training! I work for the state and it is necessary to know how to communicate with the general public or do not have that job!

• UT Health East Texas Customer Care's Response, Sep 12, 2019

We regret to hear this and would like to learn more about your experience. Our Patient Advocates would be happy to help address your concerns and can be reached at [protected].

Aa