Complaints & Reviews

escammers

Important Notice No fee is charged for the electronic lottery entry in the annual DV program. The U.S...

they make you pay... but do not provide the assistance or service

It clearly states on their website "The Usafis Organization provides an easy and convenient registration...

usafis - green card application service provider

USAFIS is a for-profit organization providing reviewing services for the Diversity Visa Lottery Program...

fake company

Hello sirs, I have a question regarding the company http://www.usafis.org/index.asp its true or...

signed me up for e-mail when I didn't want it

Started sending me e-mail about how they thanked me for "signing up" for their services, which would provide, should I pay them $55, a chance to win a lottery and get a green card.

Seeing as I've been a U.S. citizen my entire 47 years on this Earth, I don't think I signed up for this outfit.

Ripoff -- stay away from these crooks.

Danna Smith- Usafis.org Dec 24, 2009

Hi joedog

If you got an email from us it has to be because you or someone used your email to register in our site. if you haven't done so, we apologize for the inconvenient, but every email we send has an unsubscribe button, you can feel free to press and then you will stop getting any emails from us.

Dana Smith
    SEO+PR manager
    Usafis org

joshe Jun 09, 2010

listen i don't know you but it feels to me like this is your fault! if you are not interesting in something you can decline it but you didn't .. more over you open payment page . how can you say that something it's a fraud .. you are the onlt fraud here. you opned payment page, you took out your credit card and you entered the credit card details ...don't be so naive be realistic . you made a mistake and now you trying to get your money by lies.

green card fraud

A friend of mine searching for the green card lottery site (a free site by the US government) by mistake came...

green card application

I have joined USAFIS 5 years ago, when I first became member, they were sending me information about...

assisting people in getting a green card

USAFIS is a non governmental agency, assisting people in getting a Green Card through diversity lottery...

green card lottery

Hello there, Please if you could help me. My name is Mukadeze Hoxha. I have been scamed by USAFIS to...

usafis

I was recently contacted by USAFIS Organization that i had won the green card lottery and was able to...

asking for favour

Please i am writing in order to ask for a favour from
usafis organisation help/request centre concerning
my inability to complete my application for this years
usa green card lottery programme. Please usafis, i am finding it difficult to complete my application, i have
tried all i could but i am still having this problem of
payment. I haven, t gotten access to my credit card yet, i don, t have any other means of payment, i have
complain this to usafis but they directed me to the company, s helpdesk so that you people can see what you have to do about this cos i don, t want to miss this
golden opportunity i always want to be in America i
even promise working with usafis if i make it. So please try and see what you can do for me i even promise paying later through any other means cos
i am finding very difficult now and i am running short of time, so, how i wish that i will pay and participate in this years programme and see if i could be one of the lucky winners.
Ifeanyivincent65.

• If
    ifeanyivincent Jun 10, 2009

I don, t have much to comment on about this issue.
    You see, not everybody is that privilaged at a particular time, it might be unfortunate for him now
    cos he can, t afford to complete his application but now
    you can see how he wish to win us permanent residensy through online prifessional support, so i do
    not see anything wrong about that, it can anybody else tommorrow, it might be my turn or even yours
    so i wish this complain deserve to be loooked into and
    see what can be done about it.
    Ifeanyivincent65

• If
    ifeanyivincent Jun 10, 2009

He make a very good comment.

refund not done

I entered the Green Card Lottery. I was offered an opportunity for an Australian entry last week, week commencing 4th May. I agreed and the financial transaction went through on my credit card.

I was then advised telephonically the following day that I do not qualify for this offer due to my age. I was promised that they would refund me. I have to date not been refunded.

• Le
    lee wang Aug 19, 2009

so u get a refunded????????????

merrysan Oct 25, 2010

I've managed to list greencard lottery, and declared a success. but data have not updated my application, my application has not proven ready. at that time I was sustained by a party Telphone usafis offer VVIP member. I was not so clear with his information and he asked me my credit card is no secret that I think will confirm the data that I fill in the online application form. and I told him (John) that I want to talk or any information through my email, and he promised to say "yes akau will email" but I did not also receive emails, even receive a bill that I have to pay some $ 361 through my credit card . I was very surprised and asked for my money back, and I had time to inquire about the status of my application, it turns out after usafis withdraw money VVIP member, data on my application to be ready.

I asked for my money back, because I do not need to VVIP member, said it would ditelphone usafis party, it turns out they just gave the discount, and I was forced to withdraw money although they had to cut to the administration, and usafis said, withdrawals can only be done through Telphone, was until this moment there is no Telphone who said how do I withdraw my money, even send an email that they've sent an email about my withdrawal.

I am confused how to contact usafis, because I Telphone was never appointed.

merrysan Oct 25, 2010

thanks your info to nattodaikirai.

merrysan Dec 01, 2010

after accept our paid, usafis dissapera like the wind. usafis never answered my email, even if they answer it just like an answering machine.

merrysan Dec 01, 2010

thanks natto, I will not surrender for the sake of other victims as well. usafis must answer using their conscience rather than an answering machine. to ask for bank offices to withdraw funds back from usafis it is not possible, because the bank's office had to withdraw funds from a person approved by that person, so as not accused of a theft of money as is done usafis to the victim.

629 dollars requested for what?

I payed 40 euros to submit my participation to green card lottery - FIRST ERROR, dont do that! I've...

email harassment

Greetings from South Africa, A NUISANCE this website offers US immigration visas on a lottery basis;...

wont refund money

told them to cancel my registration and refund my money. but will not do so. they keep trying to offer...

fraudulent site called usafis

Hello from London I replied to this big advert on Yahoo.com and paid (twice - first 59 euros then 39 euro...

green card lottery agency

I have made credit card payment for american visa lottery greencard to this company called USAFIS who...

usafis organization

Now I had a call form a lady at 11pm my time,does this lady respect me and my family .She woke up my sleeping child with a call at that hour. Further she did not have the courtesy to ask if it was ok to chat ,she went straight into it to discussion. This was because i had an incomplete web application, which i aborted when it came to personal particulars. Now if I did not complete the info why was I contact.This person breach pricay. I did not consent to that application.

Agent from an assumption that I was interested and outlined my options, the only way i could get her off was to tell her that i do not a credit card and i will do a telegraphic transfer. Now I would like (Manager) to call me in relation to this complaint.I have not completed the entire application. This was aborted. I also did not consent the call. Further you have breached anti spam Usa law.Called after 9 pm with breaches new Zealand Law. Does your company train your staff to ask permission before engaging in a discussion.I am reporting this matter further.

This tactic is not to be tolerated by anyone. This is careless and inconsiderate.

• Pr
    PRAMESH NAIDOO Mar 02, 2008

Note the complaint is to USAFIS Organization. I require them be investigated.

Pramesh Naidoo

Dave Richards May 06, 2008

Dear Mr. NAIDOO,
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We shall thoroughly investigate on this matter and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused to you and your family.

USAFIS is an application review service provider for those who wish to enter the U.S Green Card Lottery program, and our guarantee is that if people use our service they will definitely be qualified for the program.

Since Usafis is approached by amassed of applicants that are not English native speakers, we also operate a call center service to ensure they manage to meet all the requirements outlined in the application by the U.S. State Department before it is submitted.

We are proud of our service to our customers and thousands of them actually won the lottery and went to live and work in the United States.

With kind regards,
    Ida Wilcox
    Public Affairs Manager

• Cr
    CRISTIAN BUT Nov 06, 2008

I made one apllication through USAFIS .org I dd pay even after looking on the web obut this “USAFIS” I discover-realise that I was cheed and I thoght that I could check my apllication on the real webside USA greencard lotery I introduse my password and my username and every time it give me error .I send them mail°s with some questions but until today nothing.I realise that my money are lost .This “agency” charges vulnerable people for a service which is actually provdided free through the federal government; you make claims that your “agency” will somehow improve one’s chances of winning the green card lottery, which is a patently false claim.And now I am one of them beliding in them boolshiet.

Danna Smith- Usafis.org Sep 17, 2009

Dear Cristian But

Please send email me your details and i will make sure one of our top reps will get back to you as soon as possible.

Danna Smith

• Jh
    jhndam232 Apr 09, 2010

USAFIS provides green card application review service to make sure that green card application is accepted for the lottery process. They never guarantee any green card but they guarantee successful participation in the process. I went through their website, no where they have written that they guarantee a green card, also it is mentioned that this thing can be done for free from the states government travel website. No one can guarantee you a green card.

cannot login

I was offered with a user ID and password.but they are still not accessibble.I wanted to fill the unfilled blank spaces.

• Fl
    FLORENCE NGULA Jan 06, 2011

I WANT TO KNOW HOW GENUINE USAFIS ARE BECAUSE THEY HAVE SENT ME A MAIL THAT I HAVE WON A GREEN CARD. FLORENCE

• Md
    MD2LH9C Feb 07, 2011

Any email that states you have won the Diversity Visa Lottery is fake. The Department of State has never sent emails to notify individuals they have been selected, and The Department of State will not notify Diversity Visa 2012 (DV-2012) winners by email. Emails indicating that you have won the diversity visa are fraudulent. We encourage you to report fraudulent emails to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx)

Status information for DV-2012 will be available from May 1, 2011, on the Department of State Diversity Visa website using the confirmation information given to you at the time of your entry. If you lose your confirmation information, you will not be able to check your DV entry status by yourself, and we will not resend the confirmation page information to you.

Some companies posing as the U.S. Government have sought money in order to "complete" lottery entry forms. There is no charge to download and complete the Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form. The ONLY valid site to register for the Diversity visa is http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/.

The 2011 and 2012 Diversity Visa entry registration periods have ended. Status information for the most recent Diversity Visa registration period will be available from May 1, 2011.The 2013 Diversity Visa entry registration period will open sometime in Fall 2011.

Diversity Visa lottery applicants for DV 2010 and DV 2011 who were selected were notified by paper mail between May and July of the next year, following DV Online entry.

For more information on the proper process for registering for the diversity visa, please visit the following link:

• Fl
    Florence Mosaidu Jul 25, 2011

I AM FLORENCE MOSAIDU, I ONLY HAVE MY ID NUM. AND MY PASSWORD WITH MY APPLICATION NUM. I DONT HAVE REFERENCE NUM. PLEASE HOW CAN I LOG IN TO SEE IF AM ONE OF THE SELECTED WINNERS.

• Do
    Dontbecheated Mar 19, 2012

Hi They are just trying to steal your money!No Greencards is to be payed for all Grenncards use to be lottery and no one have to pay before or after and all shold end with GOV not org or others, USAIF is ###!They steal money and might even not only steel your money but do fake ids and sell to oters!Bevar.Go to US embassy they help you, It is NO charge for this at all!
    You will not be able to loging, at that ### fake ###+US dont want other thn very well educated rich peoples.There is moore than 14million unemployed real us citizen you will be ther without money, help and no way to go home!All serius greencard lotteries is free before+after and all mail is always ended with gov(goverment) wich just goverment can have)They are very fast to steal your money ad then you wont get answear or anything and they might steel moore money and use photo+info for real horrible things!WARNING!Forme us citizen-also have them on me 20years after and theydont know anything, they didnt know anything about wich money is used in 1 of the 2 countries i live in europe.They didnt know I have been us citizen and just cheat you, I a sorry .US goverment dont search peoples by mail.

won't leave me alone!

A few months ago, I filled in an online inquiry form for what I thought was for more information. I was not sent more information instead I am sent one to 2 emails per week requesting I complete my registration and make payment. I am at the end of my tether because I have constantly tried using their unsubscribe link, sent angry e-mails and marked the address as SPAM which still arrives in my bulk inbox.

I am losing my mind over these e-mails and it makes me not want to pursue any further inquiries about living and working in the USA.

Beware people!

• Og
    ogunade temitayo Nov 07, 2007

Hi,

You've being sending a lots of mail to my box the problem I have is TRUST.

Have been nab once, but if U think I bank on your WORDS, then all my DATA'S to my box with the mode of PAYMENT & how to PAY.

Danna Smith- Usafis.org Sep 29, 2009

If you want you can send me your details to my personal email and I will make sure you are removed from our data base and you will not get any more emails or phone calls from us.

Danna Smith
    SEO and PR

• Pe
    Peeeved Jun 10, 2010

Important Notice

No fee is charged for the electronic lottery entry in the annual DV program. The U.S. Government employs no outside consultants or private services to operate the DV program. Any intermediaries or others who offer assistance to prepare DV entries do so without the authority or consent of the U.S. Government. Use of any outside intermediary or assistance to prepare a DV entry is entirely at the entrant’s discretion.

The Department of State strongly encourages applicants to complete the application without the assistance of “Visa Consultants, ” “Visa Agents, ” or other individuals who offer to submit an application on behalf of applicants. In many cases, these facilitators substitute their address for an applicant’s address and thereby receive the selection notification instead of it being received by the actual applicant. Subsequently, the visa facilitators extort money from the selectees in order to receive the notification information that should rightly have gone directly to the DV selectee.

Danna Smith- Usafis.org Jul 18, 2010

HI Peeeved

As I said before, our service is mostly for those who do not have a great command of the English language, the proper computer tools, or do not work well with timelines. For a small fee, USAFIS ensures a person's application qualifies for the program.

All too often, people who register for this wonderful opportunity do not make into the front door due to their application being disqualified. Whether the application was not filled out correctly, a person's photo did not meet the U.S. government standard, or it was submitted too late are just some of the reasons why hundreds of thousands of applications per year never get a chance to qualify for the U.S. Green Card Lottery program.

USAFIS does charge a nominal fee for it application review service and clearly states on its homepage the differences between their service and if a person wanted to do by themselves.

On our main page (and many others) there is a chart that shows you the difference between filling out the forms yourself at the Official U.S. Government Program and with us. we do not hide the fact the application is free- we only charge you for the assistance we provide in filling.

If you had any problems with our services please feel free to contact me directly with your personal details to my direct email [email protected]

Regards,
    Dana Smith
    PR+SEO Manager

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices