O'Reilly Auto Parts

Fri:7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sat:8:00 am - 4:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

O'Reilly Auto PartsCustomer service

Went to O'Reilly today (8/30/21) to check on some brake parts. Asked if there were any rebates on brake parts, was told that there was a 20% rebate on pads/rotor combination. Sounded good, so bought 4 rotors and pads for my car (counter 593351, invoice [protected]). I utilized the Military Discount. After paying for my order, I asked the sales clerk if she gave me the Military Discount... she said yes. I also asked if she included the 20% brake rebate... she said yes. Only after repairing my car did I notice that I had only the Military Discount on my invoice. I went back to the store and waited to speak to her. Another clerk asked if he could help me. I explained the situation. He said that the rebate on the brake parts negates the Military Discount, and that I was given a 10% brake rebate. I explained what I was told at the time of sale, he just blew it off and just stared at me. I told him that the reason I had bought more than I intended, was because of the 20% offer. Again he just stared. He never asked the clerk who waited on me anything, even though she was stranding feet away. I told him he had just created a unhappy customer, and that I was leaving unsatisfied.

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
    • Ho
      Howard Radford Aug 30, 2021

Well he told you how the offer works. The military discount negates the terms of the rebate offer. He would have zero reason to talk to the other clerk because regardless of what the other clerk tells him the military discount still negates the rebate offer. This was a lost cause situation and you were never going to leave happy. The only thing that can be done is the original clerk who told you that you'd receive both offers to receive a write up with possible termination of employment and likely did receive the write up awaiting review for termination. The 2nd clerk did all he could by explaining both offers will not apply and did nothing wrong.