11700 Plaza America Dr Ste 500, Reston, VA, 20190, US

Reviews and Complaints

Ryan HomesWarranty/service

I am contacting you in regards to an issue that I want addressed regarding my ventilation system. Recently we had contractors in our home to fix the cracking in the walls and ceilings.

The contractors had to do a lot of sanding and painting to complete the job in 1/2021. There was dust everywhere. The contractors cleaned up after the job was complete. I took pictures before Me and my wife cleaned the home (Pictures attached) and submitted a warranty ticket for a deep cleaning and contacted John (last name unknown) who is in charge of warranties.

I changed the Air Filter and to my surprise the filter was black (Pictures attached). I have changed the filter at least 4 times since we have been in the home 10/2019. Never have I seen it like that. My wife has allergies so she has been suffering from the extra dust.

Today 2/8/2021 contractors finally cleaned my home to address the dust issue.

At the end of last year (10/2020) I had contractors at my home to reinstall the ceramic tile. There was dust everywhere in the basement and in the utility closet. I did clean up the area. I followed up with a HVAC Technician that was sent out by Ryan. He advised that dust was in the system we needed to get our vents and the system cleaned. He should have noted it on our account.

I am requesting a Ventilation System/Air Duct cleaning. The Warranty Manager denied my request for Duct Cleaning

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Ryan HomesRequest to tour model home denied - brentwood - charles county, md

My family and I are in the early stages of looking for a new home and wanted to also include new builds as well. Today, my daughter and I spent some time riding within a 20-mile radius to our current home, we happened upon a sign for new Ryan Homes. We followed the road to the neighborhood and arrived with no problem. We pulled in front of the Lehigh Model and observed the sign that instructs those who are interested in seeing the property, to call and make an appointment for a tour. So, I called. A man answered the phone (from the echo on the other end, it seemed as if he was inside the model home). When he answered, I explained why I was calling, which was to schedule an appt. to tour the Lehigh. He asked if I was interested in any other models and I mentioned I did not know of any other models, so he offered to send them floor plans/brochure by email. I provided my email and we continued with our conversation. He then went on to ask if I was pre-approved for financing and I said no. We are in the early stages of researching communities and builders. It was then that he refused to schedule an appointment with me. I said, "that's discrimination" and he said, no it's not, it is keeping the number of people who visit the models to a minimum. I was floored! As a former Realtor, I understand the need to qualify a potential customer while scheduling an appointment, but never did I expect to be rejected to tour a model home because I was not pre-qualified. It is a model! The person then offered a virtual tour, but I declined. We prefer to visit the models in person. I then mentioned there are many other builders in the community and I would just pass on Ryan. Then I disconnected to call. As I circled around to leave the community, I reviewed the sign once more and noticed that nowhere on the signage does it state one must be pre-qualified for financing prior to being allowed to tour a model in-person. Is that a standard for all or a requirement for some? Also, If one makes an appt. to tour a model home during this Pandemic, no one else should be on the premises, with the exception of the potential buyer and Sales Person (if present), but they should not be denied. I am at a loss here.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Ryan Homes — Melted siding caused from window reflection - window and siding replacement necessary

The siding on my house is literally melting due to the reflection from the type of window installed in my...

Ryan Homes — Extremely unprofessional behavior

Ryan Homes sent us a letter on February 24, 2016 giving us a closing date of March 23, 2016. My wife...