ADVERTISIMENT

Fri:7:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sat:7:00 am - 7:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

NTBfraud

I took my car in for a wheel alignment. I received a call from Nick Villareal. He told me the front wheel bearings needed to be replaced. He said they would cost $400 each. This seemed high, but since the car was there, I agreed. He later told me that the struts also needed to be repaired at a cost of $207 each. So, I was expecting to pay about $1200. I almost had a heart attack when presented with a bill for $2000. After seeing that my wife and I were extremely angry at his deception, he lowered the price to $1558. If he could lower the price so quickly, imagine the markup he was making. He told me that he was selling the parts at cost and challenged me to go to any auto parts store to verify. I did. The bearings were $229.99 compared to their cost of $339. The struts were $126.99 compared to their cost of $207. So with the price I was expecting to pay at $2000 they would still be making close to $500 profit. Worse, the noise that I took the car in for was still there.

I took it to the dealer to have him look at it. They told me that NTB had been unethical because the bearings would have been under warranty. I went back and spoke to the NTB manager, Fernando Garcia. All he did was say he was sorry...but that he was there to make money!!!

NTB will not make any money from me or any one I can influence again.

Comment Guidelines

2 Responses
    • Lo
      Loni Lynn Jun 16, 2012

I wish I read your review before taking my car there, the same fernando is just selfless and they need to change him as a manager before they lose all clients. I have taken my car 4 times for the same AC issue. A guy named Frank is very nice and one of the A/C guy I was working with they are both nice, when I told them the car was behaving the same way ( even after spending $500) fixing stuff they recommended, they were trying to be considerate and try to see what is wrong. I was told to go this Saturday morning since they will be able to get any parts they needed to order and I should get in and out in an hour or so. So Iget there this morning fernando guys tell me he needed a half a day for his guy to look at it. I explained that this is the 4th time I was taking the car for the same problem and, I have a 7 month old that I am driving around in this Houston summer ( as they are trying to figure out whats wrong with my A.C) and as I was speaking the baby is at my neighbor but he did not care he just said thats the best he could do when the A/C guy the previous evening said he could get me in and out in an hour or so. Fernando rott in Hell!!!

• Di
      DisgustedMom Sep 30, 2011

Went in with a $9.99 coupon for an oil change. "John" said he had to check the computer to see if this coupon could be used. Told me that my 2004 Toyota required synthetic oil at a cost of $74.99. Even though my car has always used multigrade oil, he insisted that he had to follow his computer's instructions. Went home and checked my auto manual as well as with the mechanic who had done several prior oil changes; both sources indicate 5W-30 multigrade oil. NTB LIES with such ease it's scary! AVOID AT ALL COST!!!

NTBbad brake service

I have taken my car, Honda Accord, into NTB for brake service six different times over the past last year and 6 months. Each time I was told I needed different parts to repair the brakes which continued making a horrible sound. I have replaced pads, rotors, adjustments, Honda brand Pads, more adjustments, and now Calipers, rotors, and pads again.
    Also, I was given an estimate of $313.00+taxes for the front Calipers and I was told the other parts were under warranty. However, today when I went to pick my car up, I was told a different price of $495.00. Of course, I became very upset and asked why I am being charged an additional price? I was informed that NTB replaced my rotors without any authorization from me.
    I feel I should have been informed of any additional cost before repairing my brakes.
    Also, I got a second opinion and was informed that the Calipers had been a possible oversight from the previous brake jobs, and could be the source of my continuous brake problem.
    Well, I feel I have been treated unfairly by NTB and I should not have to pay any additional cost for brakes.

Comment Guidelines

2 Responses
      • Bh
        bhat1 Jul 07, 2010

I had a very bad experience with NTB break service at NTB store 12241 Nebel Street, North Bethesda, MD 20852. About 15 months back they ganged up on me and repalced the break disc for my Honda accord, though it did not need replacement. I went there just to get pads replaced, but they insisted that disc also need be replaced. The new disc they put was not different from the the old one for me as far as its appearance and thickness was concerned. 15 months later (17K more miles)the newly replaced disc warped and resulted in serious shaking of the car while breaking above 40MPH. Now I am stuck with another bill for a new break job and NTB wil not give me any discount on its price. What is even more annoying to hear that NTB manager insisted that the disc they put into my cars 15 months back was in very good condition and that 17K miles is a lot of miles and therefore he is not surprised to see that I need yet another new set of disc berak. I thnik these guys are out there to eat us alive

MAMMENKC Sep 10, 2009

NTB-- KILL YOU WITH THE PRICES

YESTERDAY I WENT TO NTB CARROLLTON, TX FOR GET PATCHING A TIRE, THEY CHARGED ME $ 23.50 NET. IS IT A FAIR PRICE?

ADVERTISIMENT