SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment

Fri:10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat:10:00 am - 6:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

RE: Quick Que Premier

This added extra advertised by Sea World was a waste of money!!! The Quick Que Premier Package was a great disappointment... I spent $12.00 on a wheelchair for my friend and we all got better seats for all the shows... Unless you are 30 minutes early to only sit in the hot sun for the shows which no one has the time for to see what you want to see... you will not receive "good seats" period. The package mentioned "reserved" seats in which were all taken and were in the middle.. no way of cooling off in the "wet zone" which I thought we were paying for in the package!!! The ONLY good thing about these tickets was that we got to go to the front of the line for the the new Mantra ride... Surely it wasn't worth spending 160.00 for the four tickets...Next time I am getting a wheelchair!!!

Employee complaint

I am a very dissatisfied employee. Sea World uphold a lot of favoritism and they do not write people up on facts. The Bay of Play area holds a lot of inconsistency and not one Leader knows all the rules. We have leadership who can't wait to get off work so they don't have to assist guest with missing children issues. Its a very unstable environment, and "We" the true leadership, are always mis lead in rules and regulations because the supervision are inconsistent with each other. I'm very dissapointed. I feel very disrespected and used. They like to cover up their longer knowing employees when in the wrong, and love to take frustration out on employees that are seasonal. This all sounds like opinion and theory, but I have facts, and two write ups to prove this. I would never work for sea world again or refer a guest either.

Unfair Hiring

I went to an interview at Sea world San Diego for the position of Park Host. I noticed that all the interviewers were White, that's fine but I also notice that all the interviewers were between 16-18. What happened to equal opportunity employers. I am 46 and I am a good worker and my chances of being hired were 0% since I wasn't young. What a waste of time. Sea World you have to hire all ages, not just the young crowd. I won't be visiting anymore, your prices are too high anyways.

• Th
    The Ogre Jul 16, 2012

I dont think its a matter of qualifications, just maybe they like the appearance of having young people representing their park in those roles.

• Ki
    KimLaLa Jul 16, 2012

Trust me, they have people of all ages working there!I go there a lot.I had an interview as well and didn't get hired.It was my fault the interview went horribly.It's funny though that you said all the people they hired were white because when I was waiting for my interview, some new employees walked in to pick up some info packets and they were all African-American.

• ript Jul 16, 2012

To acquire illumination, query the one who possesses the light.

• Brenda* Jul 17, 2012

Yeah and qualifications should be followed by commas
    olds - not old's
    has - not have
    nothing - not noting

Hope that helps!

• Brenda* Jul 18, 2012

It has long been established that tasha lurks at the shallow end of the gene pool.

• Gi
    Gino Orlando Jul 18, 2012

It should be inbred Tasha. that is what he is saying about your English.

• De
    Deana McFadden Jul 19, 2012

tasha9 my dear, I'm the one who started this comment about SeaWorld San and people are twisting things around. What I said was when I was interviewed at Seaworld San Diego all the interviewers were young white kids. I applied for was a cleaning position and I have experience believe me but since I am old school maybe they decided not to hire me. Yes and I look educated. I also have over 7 years of catering experience so maybe I should have applied to work in the kitchen. The day I went I noticed that they had many Afro-Americans kids going in for their drug tests. My race is Indian not black. Maybe they are only hiring minorities, I am a minority but with skills. They probably thought I would get bored with the job and quit but when you need a job you will work basically any job. I love SeaWorld that's why I didn't mind applying for the park host position, plus their pay is better than minimum wage. Have a nice day:)

• De
    Deana McFadden Jul 19, 2012

tasha9, you are either very uneducated or maybe you never had a job. Employers don't waste their money on you if you are not going to be hired! Do you know how much it cost for a drug test? No you don't. I didn't get tested. I was told they were first going to do a background check and if they decided to hire me they would call me. You are digging yourself deeper in a hole by acting like you know everything. By the way, I have an excellent background, OK. Like I said before go bother someone else.

Supervision

We visited sea world San Diego yesterday. We were having a good time until we visited the sesame street bay of play area. We waited until the end of the day because we thought we would never get the kids out of there, we were wrong. We waited in line for the moon bounce thing finally it's our turn. The attendant says 6 kids at a time, no rough play, no cartwheels, no somersaults but then pays no attention to the kids once they're in there. My 3 year old son was so excited to go in he couldn't wait but then while in there another kid jumps on him. My son says stop it. Then the kid does it again this time my son has to push him off him. I am now running to the front to get this kid off or find his mom. When I get there the attendant yells ok 2 minutes OUT! So now my son is extremely upset he didn't get jump because of this brat that no one was watching and because the " 2 minutes " was up. I then told the attendant what happened all she said was "oh" . Thanks a lot. Oh and I shouldn't forget about the kids mom that was laughing. Unbelievable is this what we are teaching our kids? To bully other kids? That kid is so lucky that my son is respectful and so caring already at 3 because he has been taking karate for a year now and really could have hurt that other kid. I just want to know what's the point of even saying the rules if your not going to enforce them? Or maybe you should consider saying the rules in Spanish as well ad English. So my advice is don't go in the moon bounce unless you have 6 kids then you can monitor any rough play because the sea world employees aren't.

Souveniors are JUNK

bought a couple of coffe cups as souvenirs - 1st time they were washed the coating all fell off and there were so many chips they had to be thrown away. Contacted Sea World and never heard back from them. Just another case of greed and being all too happy to take enless amounts of your money and shoving you out the door! My family won't spend another dime on cheap crap merchandise from SEA WORLD

• Ka
    Kathleen fraser Aug 11, 2012

Hello, I spent my birthday at Seaworld. July 13, 2012. I went with my sister and her friend. I love rock music growing up with the Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin etc. I wanted to stay for the firework show but I couldn't stand the din anymore. Sea world used to be relaxing. Everywhere you walked there was music piped in and BLARING !., aFTER THE 8 SOMETHING SHOW BY THE KILLER WHALES we were standing by to talk about what we were going to do to fill in the time for the fireworks, We were off the beaten path yet to have a LOUD intercom BLARING more music, I couldn't take it anymore." UGH ." we left .Sorry we got there at 11 am. I can't see how this can be good for the animal's psyche either .LOUD LOUD LOUD! Why do you think you benefit the park doing this? Do you want us to leave and drive us out? Do you think people are going to "rock out" to this horrible ear splitting din? I've grown up going to Seaworld and then only the shows had the music.The volume was ridiculous. The park's management really needs to reassessed! The good news is I really enjoyed the new Manta ride.Sorry I won't be going back too soon ;(

nombre May 05, 2015

??? ??? <font color="#ff0000">???</font> ???

Buying a seaworld multiple entry passport is a waste of money

I was extremely disappointed with the poor service my family and I received at Seaworld San Diego. My husband, daughter and I stood in LINE and bought our Platinum Passports. I asked for our guest passes that were promised on the website but was disappointed when I was told I would have to pick them up at Guest Relations, inside the park. We had to go stand in another LINE at Guest Relations inside the park to get a refund on our parking that is included with the Platinum Passport and were told at that time, the small cards that said they were to be redeemed at Guest Relations were the guest passes.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006, my daughter and I returned to the park with my 7 year old niece as our guest. We waited in LINE to get our bags searched. We stood in an entry LINE and tried to use a guest pass for my niece to enter at the gate. We were told we had to redeem the pass for an entry ticket at a ticket window. We stood in the passport ticket LINE but were told we could only redeem the pass at the Will Call/Travel Voucher windows. Then, we found that LINE and waited another 40 MINUTES to redeem it for the pass. After that, we had to stand in the bag search LINE AGAIN and the entry LINE AGAIN. By the time we entered the park, approximately an HOUR after our arrival, we were too late to see the new “Believe” show that we came to see and could not stay late enough for the next show. The children were very disappointed. Trying, with so much delay and difficulty, to get what I had already paid for set a negative tone for the whole day.

A Seaworld employee did try to be helpful when he saw us standing in the long line while wearing our Platinum Passports. However, I was very shocked when he suggested I should abandon my young daughter and 7 year old niece by leaving them standing, UNSUPERVISED, outside the entry gate so that I could go in the park and stand in a line that might be shorter to redeem the guest pass for an entry ticket. Child Protective Services may be interested if this is the standard policy!

Standing in line 7 times for a complimentary entry ticket is NOT WORTH THE BOTHER. Seaworld ignored my complaint when I finally got to the correct window and would not let me speak to a supervisor. Seaworld ignored my complaint when I contacted them by website. We have had annual passports several times over the years and never had such a horrible experience. BUYING A SEAWORLD PASSPORT IS NOW A WASTE OF MONEY.

Company details:
Sea World, San Diego, California, United States of America (Owned by Busch Gardens)

• At
    atidaj May 18, 2015

what?

JohnSD Oct 21, 2018

Unable to place any amount of 'Free' Veterans passes into a cart after logging in.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices