Family Dollar

Fri:8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sat:8:00 am - 9:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Family DollarOvercharged

I was overcharged for White Castle Burgers on the freezer shelf it says $6.00 at the register it was ringing up $6.55. I have my receipts and my proof with a picture that was of the price on the freezer shelf. This is happening at this location evertime I shop here and I'm sick of it, the store has a sign up about price changes but not fixing it in the register system. I have attached pictures of the receipt and shelf label, as proof of the difference thank you

1 Response
      Howard Radford May 14, 2022

Why are you making multiple fake accounts to complain about the same store. You have used some variation of Heath as a username. I think at this point what you are doing constitutes fraud.

Family DollarOvercharged

I was overcharged again at the 417 Brentwood St. Location in High Point NC 27260 for the hundredth time. I was overcharged for twizzlers and beef Jerky the price on the shelf for the twizzlers was $1.00 at the register it was ringing up $1.25. The price for the bigger pack of twizzlers was $2.00 on the shelf and ringing up $2.15 at the register. The manager Rick constantly let's the cashiers get away with this and does nothing about the overcharges. The cashier didn't deactivate my items on purpose so I would beep everytime I walk out and I have my receipt in hand but stops me at the door because they didn't do there job correctly. I am tired of this taking place and no one doing nothing about it, I was overcharged for my beef Jerky as well for 2 bags at $4.25 each when I got to the register they were ringing up $5.60. I kept receipts and took pictures of the items that you can clearly see when you go into the store. All they do is put a sign up about the pricing but do nothing to fix it in there Register or computer system. I would like to be reimbursed for everything I was overcharged for on my ebt card Thank you

1 Response
        Howard Radford May 09, 2022

Well nobody cares. Trust me every other customer knows about the Inflation Crisis and knows they are often paying more than the shelf prices and don't argue cause they know they are being charged the right amount. The register always rings everything up at the right price, the computer is never wrong, it can't become confused.

Family DollarOvercharges/ store prices

I was shopping in store 08592 in High Point NC as usual and again I was overcharged for a cereal. The cereal was $1.95 on the shelf and when I got to the register it was ringing up $2.35. Now I noticed this time I went shopping the manager named Ricky had a sign up about price changes and the difference but that is only to save them from having to do a price change because what is displayed on the shelf and ringing up at checkout is two different prices. I was overcharged as well for burner covers and I went back in there and took a picture of what was on the hanging shelf. My issue is first the manager is rude and standoff additude and unwillingness to help or fix the problem. Then as I was leaving the store the security doors went off because the cashier didn't deactivate the items from the beauty section I clearly paid for. I have proof of receipts for everything and something should be done because this is happening on a regular basis because they know I will complain and I have proof. I informed the rude manager named Ricky that I would be complaining once again for the several times I have been overcharged at this store. If they don't reach out or try to compensate soon or come to a resolution I will seek legal assistance Thank you.

2 Responses
        • Fo
          for real 2 May 21, 2022

I totally agree. Overcharging on prices from the shelf versus to the register checkout pricing is out of hand. It has been going on for a very long time with no resolve in sight. How is a customer to know what the correct price is before hand? And they will not honor the shelve price upon checkout. Same as stealing unless you notice it and have them remove the item(s) from your purchase. Not only a huge inconvenience to the customer but then you have deal with the looks from other inconvenienced customers and irritated workers. Time for a lawsuit about false pricing for months on end regardless of sign. That should be for short term only not a way of doing business. And yes, I will rid myself of this issue by never shopping there again (as well as many others who have complained about this issue with no resolve).

Howard Radford May 03, 2022

As associates we have experienced 100s sometimes 1000s of price changes weekly and for the past 6 months. Normally we may have a 100 a month, so it is no longer reasonable to expect all price changes to be completed in store. Due to the extreme inflation crisis law practices are changing and stores are now invoking transaction protections they never worried about before cause they never experienced this level of pricing issues.

Apr 28, 2022

Family Dollar — Overcharged transactions

I was overcharged for a icecream several times with no sign or advertising about price changes. When I bring...