Menu
reviews & complaints
Family Dollar company logo

Family Dollar

101 S Chicago St, Royal Center, IN, 46978, US
Learn how the rating is calculated
1 complaint
File a complaint Write a review
Phone number
Sat
Sun
ComplaintsBoard
10:42 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Family Dollar - Employee/manager

The manager at the Royal Center Indiana Family Dollar Kristie Doty scammed me out of $100. She lied to me, she scammed, me and I feel like she stole from me. I have given lots of time to pay me back and she has not attempted to even pay me a dime. She knows that she scammed me. I confronted her at the Family Dollar store and she told me she would not pay me back and that she is the manager of this store and I am to leave. (which I did). Then about 2 hours later the cops showed up to my house. She called them and put a no trust passing against me. I guess this store doesn't need my business because of her personal business. The cops really didn't need to get involved. I did not threaten her. I did not hit her. Just words were exchanged. She even called me a drunk. Which I was not drinking at all. If she stole from me she will steal from you to.

Read full review of Family Dollar and 2 comments
Update by Beth Nies DuBois
Sep 17, 2023 11:08 am EDT

I will also put my experience with this store on social media and let the community know how you feel about your management treating customers.

Hide full review
2 comments
Howard Radford
Sep 17, 2023 4:10 pm EDT

Way I see it this isn't a situation of how management treats its customers, because the manager didn't scam you in her capacity as a manager, if she scammed you at all. Right now there is no evidence of wrong doing by the manager in her capacity as a manager. Family Dollar has these things called metrics if the metrics doesn't suggest wrong doing and the only suggestion is a complaining customer without evidence they aren't going to investigate any issue you complain about. You didn't even say what the supposed scam was. Did you make a deal to buy a car on a payment plan and didn't make the payments so the manager repossessed the car. That's not a scam that practicing the exit clause of a contract.

Howard Radford
Sep 16, 2023 7:26 pm EDT

This is your personal problem and Family Dollar has no part in it or cares. Family Dollar has its own systems in place to shield itself from personal business of associates.

Author of the review
Beth Nies DuBois
Sep 17, 2023 10:55 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Well I hope it goes out of business and I will never shop there again. And I hope she steals you bling. Cause she will.

Elevating the Voice of the Consumer