ADVERTISIMENT
3990 Freedom Cir, Santa Clara, CA, 95054, US

Reviews and Complaints

CheggMonthly service

Once used this service 5 years ago, then cancelled subscription, cancelled all cards associated with account. Since that time they hack our accounts, despite new cards being issued and illegally charge use for monthly subscriptions. I have discussed this issue with our bank and will be filing with BBB and state AG. This company is a horrible thief and hides behind educational services to scam parents and students. After cancelling and changing our account cards 6 months ago, Chegg again hacked our accounts and started fraudulently charging two separate accounts for monthly services.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

CheggEasy bib

I graduated in 2014 from Oregon State.

I just discovered I have been paying for EasyBib (a paid citation service) since July 2018, to the tune of $9.95 a month. Its now July 2020. Neither of the two reps I spoke with were willing to give me the contact information listed on "my" account, its a secret. This is fraud, I never signed up for this service. MS Word does it for free, why would I pay Chegg? Chegg offered a credit was for one month. Twenty Four months at $9.95. I get that its partially my fault for not catching it sooner, but one month?

Chegg stated the subscription has been cancelled as of today. No cancellation number so I guess that remains to be seen. I mean, how can I cancel a paid subscription when I could not verify any of the account information?

On the bright side, Synchrony Bank is going to refund the entire amount (hugs) then deal with Chegg themselves. Chegg was better when they dealt only with used textbooks.

Comment Guidelines