Menu
CB Grocery Stores and Market Fry's Food 3198 Willow Creek Rd, Prescott, AZ, 86301, US
Fry's Food company logo
Fry's Food
reviews & complaints
Fry's Food company logo

Fry's Food

3198 Willow Creek Rd, Prescott, AZ, 86301, US
Learn how the rating is calculated
1 complaint
File a complaint Write a review
Working hours
Sun
ComplaintsBoard
R
4:59 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fry's Food - Sales tax charged on EBT purchase

On August 15 I shopped at the Frys on Willow Creek in Prescott AZ. I bought food items only and used my EBT card for payment at the self checkout. At the end of the transaction I was charged 3 cents tax. I had no change on me, only my EBT card. The checker, assistant manager and manager were all rude and completely embarrassed and humiliated me. They told me I couldn't expect it all to be free.

EBT purchases have no sales tax. These odd tax charges have happened before to me at Frys but nowhere else. From what I can figure out, I was charged sales tax on 2 of the coupons I used. This has to be an error in their system.

Just because I received aid does not entitle them to shame me. I don't want to shop at Frys anymore because of the treatment and their register system.

Desired outcome: I would like Frys to correct the error in their system that allows sales tax to be charged for EBT purchases. I would like an apology for way I was treated and the attitude of their employees.

Read full review of Fry's Food