US Automotive Protection Servicesnew car warranty

L Mar 27, 2020

I had called and purchased a new car warranty from this company. After further investigation, my husband and I saw there was more negative reviews about this company than positive.

I called back about 5 minutes later told the customer service rep I just called, purchased a warranty plan from Eric Troutman and would like to know if I can cancel it. He said yes, but may I ask why. I told him nicely we would like to look further into the company. That is when he started arguing with me. Apparently my reason "I changed my mind" was not good enough for him. He said something to the effect his company does not dangle carrots in front of consumers. Then he said something about how hard it is to return a shirt to walmart and I responded saying I am not returning a shirt to walmart, I am wanting to cancel a policy I just purchased, then he asked me if I ever tried to cancel comcast service I just purchased and again I told him I am not trying to cancel Comcast service, I am trying to cancel a warranty I just purchased. He continued to argue, but told me he was not arguing. I also told him I have called other companies just minutes after purchasing something and they ask me why and I tell them I changed my mind, they say ok Mrs. so and so hold one moment and I will cancel your order and refund your money. His response back was no business is like that. Stop lying to yourself. The world does not work like that. You know for a fact it does not work like that. I also told him when I worked in customer service, no matter how rude a customer was with me I never barked at them. He said he was not barking at me. I then said ok, I was never, ever rude to them.
I also asked to speak to his supervisors and he said his supervisor was not available.
I was tired of the arguing. I hung up on him. I called back and spoke to a supervisor named Jeff. I asked for the policy to be canceled he said it was canceled. It took all the arguing to cancel.

No Not do business with these people, they have no idea what customer service is about.

• Da
    Dawn Fabbri Oct 26, 2020

DRIVEN AUTOMOTIVE PROTECTION.LLC.
    BEWARE: Be very careful of this company. I have been dealing with them since Dec. I made the very big mistake of paying a large down payment to them up front. DO NOT DO THIS!. They seem very upfront and even have a decent plan. The problem is at 7 mos. my daughter got killed in an accident and in July my contract was suspended. On Aug 5 the car got totaled. No where to add this warranty. I spent weeks trying to get Driven again and again for a refund $1850 I put in(7 mos) then we canceled it in August. At this point no one is taking responsibility. "Driven" states they can't a paylink who collects your money says they ARE the ones to do it. Car Guard the 3rd party in the group only takes the payment paylink collects from us. 2 mos I have spent on this to no avail. Driven stated they desolved and became another LLC. they are still Driven Automotive Protection and they have been since before i found them. Here are their LLC stats: They will lie and they will cheat you and they will definely steal your money! I would never use them knowing what i know now. SO BEWARE!!!
    Company Name: DRIVEN AUTOMOTIVE PROTECTION LLC
    File Number: LC001678055
    Filing State: Missouri (MO)
    Filing Status: Active