Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Telecommunications Union Telecom connection fee + wrong billing!

Union Telecom  -  connection fee + wrong billing!

S
Author of the complaint
6:25 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

A telemarketing person called me stating that India calling is available at 4 cents a minute. I signed up for that. After a month I got a bill showing connection fee of 39 cents for each call. I called them and the customer service person stated that they have 2 plans: one without connection fee which is 7 cents and other with connection fee + 4 cents. After lot arguing he agreed to give a refund of $10 in next months bill. I got 2nd months bill, which showed 12 cents per minute and hefty tax of 30 %. I called them again. They were talking rubbish and I didn't waste more time with them.

Don't sign up with them.

More Union Telecom complaints & reviews

Union Telecom - unsolicited phone calls
Union Telecom - unable to reach customer services
Union Telecom - not refunded the deposit money as they assured when I registered for long distance call
Union Telecom - repeated calling - despite being informed that I am on do not call list
Union Telecom - fail to return of security deposit
222 comments
A

CUSTOMER BE AWARE, THIS COMPANY IS FRAUDULENT.
Bad call quality unnecessary charges so i cut the calling subscription and the did not want to refund my deposit. If i have not involve the BBB, i would not have receive my deposit back. When signing up, they tell me that my deposit will be refunded within 24hrs upon cancellation, which also at the time was it noted on the "terms and conditions " (which off course no longer there but i have an original copy of the initial terms and conditions).. that did not happen. 8 weeks later i finally 6/28/2014, i finally receive my deposit. Also they are fund of taking money from your bank account without authorization. Am currently working with my bank and lawyer about this and will file a claim soon through a court of law because that is unauthorized withdrawal from someone bank account. Also from looking at their terms and conditions, this company has change their name from NuEra telecom to Union Telecom just to scam customer. i was once a NuEra telecom customer and the same issue happen with them. They should be band from the US market. Thank you BBB for looking into this, you guys are the best

May 17, 2012 1:07 am

Union Telecom promised to return deposit of $40 on termination of contract. Have been calling for 2 years and no money in sight. Always one digit is wrong in their address. They sent a cheque but since it went to the wrong address, what can they do. What kind of a system do they have that cannot keep a customer address saved correctly ? Why are companies like these being allowed to rip off their customers ?

F
Aug 29, 2016 7:54 am

Sole me their services with a refundable security deposit. With in a month I discover the billing is more then I thought. each call was calculated wrong. I cancelled my services and asked for my security deposit back. They said we have to wait until all my payments are clear. after they got all my payments. Then they told me that was not a refundable deposit. that was a activation fee. have to ever heard a activation fee on the home phone? may be a switch provider fee for $5.00. Activation fee applied only on the new Cell phone service in united states.

What a fraud company. Please do not buy their services. Hope someone investigate them and get our money back.

T
Aug 26, 2016 7:44 am

THIS COMPANY'S PEOPLE CALL TO SALE THEIR SERVICE AND ASKING FOR SECURITY DEPOSIT $39 AND SAYING THAT WHEN YOU CANCLE THE SERVICE YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK. WHEN YOU CALL THEM TO CANCLE THE SERVICE CUSTOMER SERVICES TELLS YOU THAT, THAT WAS AN ACTIVATION FEE AND CANNOT BE REFUNDED.

ALSO CHECK YOUR BILL FOR EVERY CALL YOU MAKE. THEY ADD MINUTES TO YOUR ACTUAL USED MINUTES.

WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PEOPLE ARE OPENING SREADING THIS FRAUD.

PLEASE DO NOT, DO NOT GET INTO THIS SERVICE.

I HOPE THIS WILL SAVE SOME PEOPLE. I HAVE SOME FREINDS AND FAMILY WHICH USES THESE ALSO AT THE SAME TIME WHEN I STARTED.

ITS A BIG FRAUD.

BEWARE OF THE COMPANY IS CALLED "UNION TELECOM" AND THEIR SITE IS "http://www.uniontelecomusa.com/"

Aug 26, 2016 7:44 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i gave security deposit to union telecom canada to make longdistance calls also gave credit card#. As i live in Brampton ontario . But when i received the statement most of the calls were made from vancouver BC area.And the phone company took money from my credit card . Now neither i m getting refund nor they returning my security deposit. There was no contract, I can cancel any time. I send 2 e-mails and no answer, I made too many phone calls every time a different story. This is about a four month old story and i am still waiting.

G
Aug 26, 2016 7:44 am

hi, i would like to tell you that the union telecom agent called me to offer better rates for calling to India and agent give me different rates and when he forward the call to manager to confirm the terms then the manager was telling me different rates which i refused.and and told them not to make any agreement and also told them not to take out any money out of my account. The manager told me that they will not take out any money because the contract has not been made. but even then they took money out of my account. Now after two years my account still shows activated. in these two years i have requested them to refund my money. Every time they promise to send my money back in two weeks. but that never happen . last time they offer me calling card wich i refused, because i do not beleive any more in that company. they are doing a fraud. they never refund my money

Jun 08, 2016 5:16 am

Union Telecom request a refundable deposit to start the long distance calling service. After trying the service for a few months and deciding for a better long distance calling service we decided to cancel and resquested the refund of the desposit. We began trying cencelling the service and requesting the deposit back in June of 08, and after being told that a refund check was on the way we waited. We never got the refund check, even after repeated calls. Everytime they kept making excuses. The last time we called in (November 08) they offered us a calling card to use and I asked them if the calling rate was the same as the service we had and I was told that the rate was the same. After using the card a few times the card was cancelled, and the amount of calls made were not even close to the calling rate we had when we signed for the service. I called customer support and requested additional calling minutes or a refund on what was left and was told that i was misinformed and they hanged up.
Do not use Union Telecom, there are better companies out there.

Dec 04, 2008 2:41 pm

I signed up with union telecom services .There is no doubt that they are prioviding me good services with NO SCAMS in bill or otherwise .Its being 5 months i m using union telecom as the call rates are good as well as i have never faced any billing problem neither customer services with them .But from past few months i m recieving number 0f calls from union telecom from which i m piossed of... Its not that u should not go for this company but the concern is you should go for this company as you will save your money but make sure when you signs up get your name out of their calling list otherwise like me you will tired of picking their calls...

Sep 22, 2011 8:24 pm

To make things simple, some guy by the name of Yuvraaj singh from Florida gives me a call and says there is a unlimited plan to India for 40 dollars a month. I sign up and within one month I get a bill for 148.00 I call up Yuvraaj Singh at his number [protected] and he tells me not sure why this happened. After days of waiting to hear back I finally get in touch again and he says maybe the policy changed not sure why will check and never gave me a call back. I yet to hear from him. I get a call from Union telecom constantly harrasing me and they are very rude. I try to dispute the bill saying it was unlimited and they don't listen and just blame it on you. Finally I said fine I will pay my 148.00 and when will I get my security deposit of 39.50 which by the way still states on the website its a security deposit and will be fully refunded and I was told you will not get it back because policy changed and I said what about your sales rep, they said does not matter what they said your security deposit is now a activation fee! I mean can they do that? Now I am not sure what to do but this company really needs to be brought to justice. I reported this incident to ftc.gov not sure what else I can do. It's just amazes me how this company is able to operate and no legal action has been filed yet for this company.

Feb 07, 2010 9:01 am

we signed up wiith the clear cut expectations of lower rates and refund of our deposit if & when we cancelled service.

the company is not running an ethical business, they bill you at higher than agreed rates, bill you for inflated time and now they are refusing to refund in cash and instead are offering refund only in calling card money.

Jun 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Union telecom sales persons(Aman/Saurabh) called me 4 months ago and offered me attractive rates with no contract. I paid security deposit of $39.50. They gave me their direct contact# [protected] extn. 214 but it seems this number has been disconnected. I was told there is no obligation to keep the service. I can cancel the service anytime and the deposit money will be returned within 2-3 days. I didn't like the service so I canceled the service on May 25, 2009. When I called [protected] on May 25, 2009, I was told that I will get my deposit back within 7-10 days. They give me deposit reference# as well for the future correspondance. It has been a month so I started calling them and different customer representative giving different reasons to not return the deposit money. Some are saying I have to keep the service active for at least a year and others are saying that the money that I gave was activation fees not the deposit fees.

Please be aware of these people. I am glad I didn't recommend this company to any of my friends and family members.

Feb 21, 2009 9:37 pm

A telemarketing agent from the company called me saying that they offered .4 cents per minute.Lucky Gill was his name.He also gave me his phone number which is not a working number anymore. So, I was told that I had 300 minutes free for the first three months and that there were no taxes or connection fee. I have not even used more than a 50 minutes in two months, but I have been billed twice. If you try to talk to customer service, they either don't understand or speak English well or they have been trained to pretend to to do so. I know that I have to pay the bill or my credit report will be screwed--thanks to the system in America.What a scam this company is running.

B
Mar 31, 2009 9:09 pm

I received a call from union telecom in oct 31st 2008 saying very low call fee to call in India. But you will have to pay $39 USD and few change and that money is refundable upon canclation of the account with no question aked. Then they gave the access code to call in India and first free 300 min. After providing the cr card info and transaction completed i happen to have call from friend and i asked him to call Union telecom as they provides good rate to call India. He said it is fraud and company services is very bad. I call Union telecom and asked them to cancle the service and reqested the refund back today is March 31st 09. I have not yet received the refund back. Which they said i will receive within 72 hrs. Now they call me and trying to give $50 calling cards who knows if i would be able to talk for how many mintues.

Watch out folks this company is big fraud, have no what so ever ethic. Compnies like this is disgrace to our community. Which leads bad impression to our community in society.

Shame on you Union Telecom. Have some courtesy and give back the money.

J

I am of indian origin and this very sweet indian lady call me and said I could call to india for one cent per minute but there would be a.39 cent charge per call. there was also a deposit required of $39.00 which I would get back if I should cancel.

I thought I would give it a try. the plan is great if you talk a long time at a time but I found it did not suit me. I called to cancel the service. the connection to the company is so terrible. the answering service is so broken up and the connection is terrible. but anyway I got thru and explained to the gentleman I wanted to cancel my service and I would like my deposit back.

He said they do not give the deposit back but the can give me call card for $50.00. I said that I did not want a calling card, I wanted my cash back. he said that is their policy and nothing he could do. the calling card is the most inconvenient thing to use. I can't tell you how many numbers you have to dial

I am writing this complaint to warn people. if you want really poor service and people who lie this is the company for you.

Y
Jul 08, 2009 3:48 pm

I kept getting annoying calls from this company for purchasing their services. I was told that the service to call India is only 1c/min. Obviously I hung up first few times, but then as I heard the offer. He mentioned that it was only 1c/min and it was that easy. The salesperson also said that they will give me 100 minutes each month for free for three months.I started listening, he then explained that there is some 39c - clear connection charge (or something similar). Then he convinced me that if I spent over 10 minutes on each call, then it will be worth it. Then came the time as he mentioned that there is a deposit which is refundable. Make a long story short, I got their service.

For the first month, I used under 40 minutes and I still got the bill. When I called them, after much struggle they said they will adjust the bill and deduct $1 from my bill because 100 minutes translated to 1$. Obviously deduction was applied before all kinds of taxes. So I still had to pay about $3 bill.

For the second month, same thing. I called again and then I again got some credit.

For third month, same thing. I called again and wanted them to cancel my service. They said I have to wait another month of no activity before cancelling the service !

So now six months later, I called them to cancel my service. Ofcourse it took forever to dodge the question "What can I do to keep you as customer?". Finally when I asked for my deposit back, I was told that I have to be a customer for over 12 months to get my deposit back. I strongly remember, I was not told about this company policy when THAT ANNOYING SALESPERSON was trying to sell me services. When I spoke to the customer service rep's manager, Mr. Manager told me that they never refund money. They only give calling cards in refund. Anyways, in my case, I did not get my DEPOSIT BACK.

So after receiving 15 or so annoying telemarketting calls, three months of wrong bills, a lot of heart burn, I lost my deposit too. I am glad the chapter is now over! I never write any feedback about any company, but this time I thought it was time that others should know about such fraud. I hope someone reads this and learns from it.

Dec 17, 2008 2:50 am

After I found out that Union Telecom is charging me with some hidden fees I had canceled my account with them but they still charging me. I changed my bank account number to stop them using it although they are still able to charge, here is the amount they are charging me
12/12/2008 UNION TELECOM [protected]/11UNION TEL $109.44
10/23/2008 UNION TELECOM [protected]/22UNION TEL$206.00
11/18/2008 UNION TELECOM [protected]/17UNION TEL$109.44

H
Mar 13, 2009 9:22 am

The companie does not send bill charges on time and if you pass from the amount that they acredid you. They call you to charge you, but when they send the bill summary they don't explain in detail what are the charges and do not show what you have pay them over the phone. And when you call them they give you a run aroud explanation and they just said to you $$ that what you owen so any ways you still have to pay them. this incedent have happen 2 or 3 time to me already. that why i have decided to complain. Thanks.

F
Aug 31, 2008 12:02 pm

FOR ONE MONTH THIS COMPANY HAS BE CALLING ME TO CHARGE ME 200 MDOLARS IN CALLS THAT I NEVER DID, THEY HAVE SEND ME AN INVOICE 15 DAYS LATER AND IN IT APPEARS 3 TELEPHONE LINES THAT ARE NOT MINE AND THAT HAVE BEEN USED TO CALL TO ALL THE WORLD, WITH OUT MY PERMISSION THEY HAVE DEBITED ONE OF MY BANK ACCOUNTS, I ONLY OWE THEM 3 DOLARS AND THEY HAVE DEBITED $ 100.00, I HAVE CALLED THEM SEVERAL TIMES AND NOBODY WANT'S TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM, THIS IS A FREUD FRO SURE.

Feb 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Signed with Union telecom in October last year for calling India and paid a refundable fee of $39.50 plus taxes (still says refundable on web site). I cancelled the services in November because of poor service and they told me that my refund will be done in 45 days. I called them in January enquiring about the refund and they told me that it will be done in 2 days and now called in Febuary and they are saying we changes our policy and no more refunds. What the F***.

They have cheated me. Any suggestions? How can we bring down these lies and save other people from joining them?

Oct 14, 2008 3:29 pm

Hi, Every One

I have the same complain with this fraudulant union telecom company. They charged me on my credit card for the phone calls I never made and I am trying to cancel my services with them since start of september. They even gave me the cancellation number but still my account is active with them. About the security deposit it not refunded back yet and also the amount they deducted for wrong billing. If any one call from union telecom for cheap rates don't believe it and don't sign up with them.

E
Oct 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Just tell me please how I can file a lawsuit against this company. I have filed with BBB. I have received a collection agency letter which he also sounds from Nation of India when I tried to explain, he cut me off. Is there any way to stop all these Fraudulent? What is going on here?

Please never ever have business with them.

Sep 29, 2011 5:34 pm

When I signed up for service they charged me a $39.50 fee, which was fully refundable when I cancel the account, according to the rep. Now when I am trying to cancel, they are offering a calling card instead.

Their service is terrible and customer service is even worst. Worst company I ever dealt with. Straight up LIARS!

May 13, 2009 11:39 am

I signed up for the Intenational call service in Oct.'08. The service is very poor, mostly no customer service, if you call-they add so much taxes & other charges so it becomes more expensive to call. I called & ask to refund my deposit & they refuses to refund.
I am going to ask help from my credit card co as I charged thru the Credit card.
Pl do get in trap with this type of Co.

May 03, 2009 2:11 pm

Union telecom has called me for the third time again, despite being listed on the DO NOT CALL list.

Their number is [protected]

Looks like reverse spam calling is the only way to get them...If you have problems, its better you call this number so that the service is faster. Also, its good to pretend that you are a buyer...

J
May 03, 2009 8:05 am

Union Telecom is a FRAUD. When you sign up with them you have to give them a “100 % refundable deposit” but guess what? Once you cancel their service you will never get your deposit back. It happened to me. Do not do any business with them, they are dishonest.

V
Feb 24, 2009 12:32 pm

Telemarketer latched on like leech. Inflated billing by showing excessive minutes per call than acutal minutes.
Customer representatvie gave a direct line to contact in case of any problem. That line does not go through. Promised to refund the deposit if we decide to discontinue the service. Unable to get the deposit back.
A big fraudulent company. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM FOR ANY SERVICE AT ALL.

T
Feb 04, 2009 9:58 am

The telemarketers have probably called us 4 to 5 times. Everytime we tell them about being on the Do-Not-Call list. They must not understand English. Finally I filed a complaint with the FCC. I would suggest folks to do this.

R
Feb 01, 2009 4:55 pm

I am using Union Telcom from past 8 months. Rates are very low and customer care is very co-operative.

Y
Jan 15, 2009 7:28 pm

I signed up with Union Telecom.They gave me an access number. When I made a call using their access number my cell phone company still charge me. Please do not use Union Telecom. They are nasty beggers!

Jan 06, 2009 5:32 pm

I HAVE CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT NEXTDAY AFTER SIGN SERVICE. BECAUSE THEY FRAUD ON NEXT DAY AS CHANGING RATE WHICH AGREED ON PREVIOUS DAY. AFTER 4 MONTHS..STILL THEY ARE NOT REFUNDING MY DEPOSITE BACK..I HAVE PHONE THEM MANY TIME..AND THEY TELLING ME THAT IT WILL BE DEPOSIT BY NEXT WEEK..BUT STILL I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY REFUND..THEY ARE ALSO NOT PROVIDING WELL MANNER CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Jan 06, 2009 8:44 am

its been more than 55 days since I have canceled my services. never used a single minute and still havent got my money back. everybody lies in that company. every time you call you will get a different answer. they are all thieves. no customer concern..zero customer service. horrible policies. still owe my $40

Dec 01, 2008 1:14 pm

Beware of this fraud company...After I cancelled my connection they send me wrong bill (of other telephone no..). when i called them they said this was mistake and they would refund my deposit with in 45 days..Now it is more than 3 months but they are not refunding my $40 deposit.. I called them minimum 20 times...Every time they promise to give deposit back in 72 hours, but their 72 hours never finished... Beware of this BIG FRAUD COMPANY..

O
Mar 05, 2012 4:33 pm

This company is fraud, did not return my deposit. Every time I call they say I will get a check in 45 days, its now 1 yr.

B
Sep 22, 2011 8:28 pm

After cancellation of the service they told me I will get my deposit back after calling to them several time now they are telling that they will not refund the money.

R
Jun 17, 2011 5:56 pm

Telcom USA Marting person contacted me and i was told that there will be a security hold not a charge on my credit card. But they charge me $39.50 as Activation fees. I did not use the service and company is refusing a refund. Please stay away..

Mar 02, 2009 5:28 pm

Fraud company stay away from them, over charged me, will not refund my security deposit and still calls me and used in-appropriate language.

I wish if the responsible persons will go through the same pain everybody else is going by signing up with this company.

Feb 26, 2009 11:23 am

Hi guys, I am agree with all of you. UT is the fraud company i saw sofar.i called them today to refund my money and they said there is no account with ur name and they took money twice from my account.
Please help me and i saw somany people getting cheated with these frauders

Jan 15, 2009 2:22 pm

This is big fraud company, once you sign up, they will send you wrong bill and once you cancelled they never give your depsoit $39.95 back...Beware of this ###...sorry for my bad language but they are the same...

P
Nov 14, 2008 9:20 am

I got a call from this person (Ramesh) and he said he was from Union Telecom and was trying to sell me prepaid minutes. This person has even called my spouse on her cell phone and tried the same. When I told him how they got my # and should not be calling, he started using 4-letter words and abusive language.

P
Sep 27, 2008 8:58 am

Telemarketing compnay cheated me with quote fo call of 2.9 cents and never mention about .39 cent connection fee, but once i came to know and call them back they say they did told me about connection fee. they took 39 dollars as security deposit anda re not fefunding now .

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

33 complaints