Union Telecom Serviceconnection fee + wrong billing!

S

A telemarketing person called me stating that India calling is available at 4 cents a minute. I signed up for that. After a month I got a bill showing connection fee of 39 cents for each call. I called them and the customer service person stated that they have 2 plans: one without connection fee which is 7 cents and other with connection fee + 4 cents. After lot arguing he agreed to give a refund of $10 in next months bill. I got 2nd months bill, which showed 12 cents per minute and hefty tax of 30 %. I called them again. They were talking rubbish and I didn't waste more time with them.

Don't sign up with them.

• Fi
    Fizz Aug 29, 2016

Sole me their services with a refundable security deposit. With in a month I discover the billing is more then I thought. each call was calculated wrong. I cancelled my services and asked for my security deposit back. They said we have to wait until all my payments are clear. after they got all my payments. Then they told me that was not a refundable deposit. that was a activation fee. have to ever heard a activation fee on the home phone? may be a switch provider fee for $5.00. Activation fee applied only on the new Cell phone service in united states.

What a fraud company. Please do not buy their services. Hope someone investigate them and get our money back.

• Ta
    tara Aug 26, 2016

THIS COMPANY'S PEOPLE CALL TO SALE THEIR SERVICE AND ASKING FOR SECURITY DEPOSIT $39 AND SAYING THAT WHEN YOU CANCLE THE SERVICE YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK. WHEN YOU CALL THEM TO CANCLE THE SERVICE CUSTOMER SERVICES TELLS YOU THAT, THAT WAS AN ACTIVATION FEE AND CANNOT BE REFUNDED.

ALSO CHECK YOUR BILL FOR EVERY CALL YOU MAKE. THEY ADD MINUTES TO YOUR ACTUAL USED MINUTES.

WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PEOPLE ARE OPENING SREADING THIS FRAUD.

PLEASE DO NOT, DO NOT GET INTO THIS SERVICE.

I HOPE THIS WILL SAVE SOME PEOPLE. I HAVE SOME FREINDS AND FAMILY WHICH USES THESE ALSO AT THE SAME TIME WHEN I STARTED.

ITS A BIG FRAUD.

BEWARE OF THE COMPANY IS CALLED "UNION TELECOM" AND THEIR SITE IS "http://www.uniontelecomusa.com/"

• Ku
    kuldip Aug 26, 2016

i gave security deposit to union telecom canada to make longdistance calls also gave credit card#. As i live in Brampton ontario . But when i received the statement most of the calls were made from vancouver BC area.And the phone company took money from my credit card . Now neither i m getting refund nor they returning my security deposit. There was no contract, I can cancel any time. I send 2 e-mails and no answer, I made too many phone calls every time a different story. This is about a four month old story and i am still waiting.

• Gu
    gurmej Aug 26, 2016

hi, i would like to tell you that the union telecom agent called me to offer better rates for calling to India and agent give me different rates and when he forward the call to manager to confirm the terms then the manager was telling me different rates which i refused.and and told them not to make any agreement and also told them not to take out any money out of my account. The manager told me that they will not take out any money because the contract has not been made. but even then they took money out of my account. Now after two years my account still shows activated. in these two years i have requested them to refund my money. Every time they promise to send my money back in two weeks. but that never happen . last time they offer me calling card wich i refused, because i do not beleive any more in that company. they are doing a fraud. they never refund my money

• Yo
    yograj Jun 08, 2016

I totally agree woth this complaint . I also faced the same thing . I used union tecom fone services from may 08 to march 09 . And finally ask to close the account and since than waiting for security refund .
    since I used the services, I lost my peace of mind, First bill had lot of other hidden charges . the 2 nd bill came for over $100. for the calls never used same thing repeated and was corrected afterwards on my complaints. there after i got bills for the call which even do not matured .
    finally now I hands up, and asking for my security refund, which, was supposed to be returned with 24 hrs of cancellation . today I call the CSR, as per csr no money shall be refunded, as the money was not for refund but was account activation charges .and aper csr the same was mentioned on first bill in terms and conditions,
    With this statement i am totally desappointed . and request all the persons to not use the union telecom services

• Ar
    Arton Jun 08, 2016

Union Telecom request a refundable deposit to start the long distance calling service. After trying the service for a few months and deciding for a better long distance calling service we decided to cancel and resquested the refund of the desposit. We began trying cencelling the service and requesting the deposit back in June of 08, and after being told that a refund check was on the way we waited. We never got the refund check, even after repeated calls. Everytime they kept making excuses. The last time we called in (November 08) they offered us a calling card to use and I asked them if the calling rate was the same as the service we had and I was told that the rate was the same. After using the card a few times the card was cancelled, and the amount of calls made were not even close to the calling rate we had when we signed for the service. I called customer support and requested additional calling minutes or a refund on what was left and was told that i was misinformed and they hanged up.
    Do not use Union Telecom, there are better companies out there.

• Ab
    Abdul K Jun 29, 2014

CUSTOMER BE AWARE, THIS COMPANY IS FRAUDULENT.
    Bad call quality unnecessary charges so i cut the calling subscription and the did not want to refund my deposit. If i have not involve the BBB, i would not have receive my deposit back. When signing up, they tell me that my deposit will be refunded within 24hrs upon cancellation, which also at the time was it noted on the "terms and conditions " (which off course no longer there but i have an original copy of the initial terms and conditions).. that did not happen. 8 weeks later i finally 6/28/2014, i finally receive my deposit. Also they are fund of taking money from your bank account without authorization. Am currently working with my bank and lawyer about this and will file a claim soon through a court of law because that is unauthorized withdrawal from someone bank account. Also from looking at their terms and conditions, this company has change their name from NuEra telecom to Union Telecom just to scam customer. i was once a NuEra telecom customer and the same issue happen with them. They should be band from the US market. Thank you BBB for looking into this, you guys are the best

• Km
    KMS1 May 17, 2012

Union Telecom promised to return deposit of $40 on termination of contract. Have been calling for 2 years and no money in sight. Always one digit is wrong in their address. They sent a cheque but since it went to the wrong address, what can they do. What kind of a system do they have that cannot keep a customer address saved correctly ? Why are companies like these being allowed to rip off their customers ?

• Or
    Ormage Mar 05, 2012

This company is fraud, did not return my deposit. Every time I call they say I will get a check in 45 days, its now 1 yr.

Misha L Nov 24, 2011

i agree

Misha L Nov 24, 2011

I agree with the wrong billing.
    What they dont tell you is that they will charge some 40cents/min call fee, which is nonsense. I ended up paying atleast 100$/month for around 8 months till I realized why the bill is so high.

• Em
    Emide Oct 13, 2011

Just tell me please how I can file a lawsuit against this company. I have filed with BBB. I have received a collection agency letter which he also sounds from Nation of India when I tried to explain, he cut me off. Is there any way to stop all these Fraudulent? What is going on here?

Please never ever have business with them.

Misole Sep 29, 2011

When I signed up for service they charged me a $39.50 fee, which was fully refundable when I cancel the account, according to the rep. Now when I am trying to cancel, they are offering a calling card instead.

Their service is terrible and customer service is even worst. Worst company I ever dealt with. Straight up LIARS!!

• Ba
    Back Sep 22, 2011

After cancellation of the service they told me I will get my deposit back after calling to them several time now they are telling that they will not refund the money.

• Ap
    Apiles Sep 22, 2011

To make things simple, some guy by the name of Yuvraaj singh from Florida gives me a call and says there is a unlimited plan to India for 40 dollars a month. I sign up and within one month I get a bill for 148.00 I call up Yuvraaj Singh at his number [protected] and he tells me not sure why this happened. After days of waiting to hear back I finally get in touch again and he says maybe the policy changed not sure why will check and never gave me a call back. I yet to hear from him. I get a call from Union telecom constantly harrasing me and they are very rude. I try to dispute the bill saying it was unlimited and they don't listen and just blame it on you. Finally I said fine I will pay my 148.00 and when will I get my security deposit of 39.50 which by the way still states on the website its a security deposit and will be fully refunded and I was told you will not get it back because policy changed and I said what about your sales rep, they said does not matter what they said your security deposit is now a activation fee!! I mean can they do that??? Now I am not sure what to do but this company really needs to be brought to justice. I reported this incident to ftc.gov not sure what else I can do. It's just amazes me how this company is able to operate and no legal action has been filed yet for this company.

• Ro
    Rogla Jun 17, 2011

Telcom USA Marting person contacted me and i was told that there will be a security hold not a charge on my credit card. But they charge me $39.50 as Activation fees. I did not use the service and company is refusing a refund. Please stay away..

Maviya Feb 28, 2011

A fradulent company. Worst quality. Horrible customer service. Takes your credit card and keep charging although you cancel the service months ago. After calling mulitple time with waiting period of 45 or more min, finally called my credit card company and declare these charges as fradulent. Than after 7 month sales rep started calling me again at all hours of the day. I kept telling them I am not interested-please stop calling me. I can hear them laughing in the back ground like they are calling me on purpose at odd hours of the night. Its harrament...stay away from UNION TELECOM

• Dp
    dpat Oct 02, 2010

they send me email for low @ &.billed me lot higher, they never pay back deposit cash back

• Zu
    zubin Jul 07, 2010

now they are calling with a new name NuEra Telecom. they also have a website with the same name. this website looks very good & genuine but it has lot of grammatical and link errors that any smart person can realize this website is a fraud one. i was once ripped off by Union Telecom in 2008 and after that i never ever give out any personal info to any incoming telemarketing companies. i always ask for a call back number becoz if they are genuine they will always give u a call back number. but most of the times sadly they are fraud so they give excuses and hang up.

i keep getting calls from such telecom telemarketers every month. but i always avoided them. today i got this call claiming to be NuEra. The guy's name was Roshan. He spoke Hindi but it was very poor and unprofessional. He gave me full plan details like 1.5 Cents to India, no connection fee, no bill if no calls made, refundable deposit of 39.50, etc. I listened carefully. I asked him where he was calling from and he said Quebec, Canada. I asked him if i could call him back on some number as my caller id showed NO NUMBER and he was reluctant but i insisted so he gave me [protected]. then i asked him his personal number and he said he is using a Reliance Phone(Indian number) so he cant give that. This showed that he was not in Canada but at an Indian call center. Bloody stupid thief.

Then i asked him where did u get my number from but he had no appropriate answer. so i told him to ask his boss or manager of company and call me back with an answer. then i told him politely that my number is on Canadian Do Not Call List and government or police could arrest him because he was violating the policy and listening to this he got a little tensed.

It was fun pulling the leg of and harassing these fraudsters!!! :D

• Ar
    arunlal Jun 26, 2010

yess dats ryt i used this service for 2 years and they charged my cradit card for 5 times ..i dnt knw wat can i do..i will [censor] them all bloody [censor], bloody mother[censor]erz.
    regards
    Arun lal

Gigel May 14, 2010

I'm glad you are happy with your company. I'm with Pulse Telecom. For $24.95/month I can make unlimited phone calls to India, Canada and USA (land line and cellular) and also to 16 European countries. All the calls are included in this plan.

Gigel May 14, 2010

Guys, if you don't like it, go and sign up with Pulse Telecom. For $24.95/month you can make unlimited phone calls to India, Canada and USA (land line and cellular) and also to 16 European countries. All the calls are included in this plan.

Gigel May 14, 2010

@Shree Prakash Vidyarthi: why don't you sign up with Pulse Telecom. For $24.95/month you can make unlimited phone calls to India, Canada and USA (land line and cellular) and also to 16 European countries. All the calls are included in this plan.

• Pe
    PersonaliNFO Feb 24, 2010

Hello there, people this is your lucky day, I'll provide you a lot of information about Union Telecom because I used to work there and I'm aware that they rip off a lot of people, which is really unfair that's why I stopped working with those thiefs...

Many of you have been wondering if Union Telecom really has its main locations at USA.
    and guess what, they don't...They save a lot of money by putting their call centers in countries where the salary is much more lower than the states...

The customer service and collections department is located in Perú. ( Lima-Perú)
    that's why many of their customer service representatives do not speak english properly, and it is 'cause they hire any kind of people with a basic english knowledge.
    A part of the sales department also works in Peru ( But only for latin american customers).
    Sales department for customer from (India, Pakistan, Irak and all those countries)
    works in India, Pakistan and the Phillipines .

2. They work in Peru under the name of Back Office Solution S.A.C.
    I've seen by my own that they charge a lot of extra minutes, fees, taxes . I used to belong to the customer service department and I used to check a lot of bills everydays, that's why all I can say right now is : If you still have Union Telecom as your main long distance provider, please check your bills carefully, everymonths, do not pay if you haven't received your bill because there's the trick ...

• Eg
    Egyptian1254 Feb 16, 2010

The worest ever, just plain scammers. They promise you the moon to sign with them and later you find that your security is not refundable if there is no statement generated for 12 months. and their rates that they quated you is false. I do not even wish them for an enemy.

• Se
    Sebjun Feb 15, 2010

Please do not use this mother#ing company union telecom, it is a garbage piece of # who will robb your money by using ur credit card and taking ur money, and they give your credit card number to other compaies the same piece of # like them so they can also use your card and take money and make up bills this company is called (new era telecom)
    Be carefull and I hope someone take this company down.

manju mandhana Feb 07, 2010

we signed up wiith the clear cut expectations of lower rates and refund of our deposit if & when we cancelled service.

the company is not running an ethical business, they bill you at higher than agreed rates, bill you for inflated time and now they are refusing to refund in cash and instead are offering refund only in calling card money.

HateUT Jan 24, 2010

Guys don´t bother making complaints with bbb in florida or anything like that. their base is in peru and we have to concentrate forces of getting information from them in peru, then we can complaint in the peruvian embassy and they will take care of this. they won´t be able to ignore all our complaints together.

I´m begging if someone has information please send it to me to [email protected] or if someone needs help with something let me know. i´ve been through all with this # playing their "I don´t know" game, they just want to keep you there sucking your money and giving you a # service.

Hammad Rehman Jan 18, 2010

This is a total rubbish company, charges extra amount and then harasses you with collection calls through ISC System. I'm fighting a claim right now. And have filed a complain against them with BBB and Florida Attorney General.

HateUT Jan 17, 2010

Guys like bbgrace said union telecom/nuera telecom is not an indian company is a peruvian company, so we have to concentrate in looking information in peru (a south america country). please, let´s all join forces against this sobs.

If anyone has information or need help, I want to help everyone I can, my e-mail is [email protected]

• Sh
    shanky1 Jan 14, 2010

Don't deal with Union Telecom. They're a bunch of thieves. All that people are saying about the taxes and hidden fees is true. They charge a connection fees which is stupid and then they didn't want to give back the money they charged as sign-up fees. They gave me a calling card for the "same amount" instead. But the per minute charges on the calling card are much higher than the normal charges. They couldn't even answer the simple question about what the calling charge is. They said it gives you an average of 600 minutes. It could be more it could be less. So I asked how do you calculate how much money has been used and they couldn't answer.

Bunch of cheats and thieves. Do not use their service.

HASSAAN Jan 12, 2010

I got call from f union telecom about international calling. I joined this f-company giving them 40$ deposit which I was told that will be refunded if we close account. after 2 months f service I tried to close my account, they claimed I used this service for 48$, in one month that is impossible. when I tried to close my account I told them u have 40$ deposit take that amount so I will pay know 8$. they go no to cancel the the service your balance should be zero. after big argue I agreed to pay 48$ without having my deposit back. when I payed 48$ and asked to cancel the service they said no there is also 8$ that u owe, I said ok take that 8$ too, she goes no I can take that 8$ at the end of your bill cycle. after one month when I payed 8$ and asked them now I have zero balance so close my account and returned my deposit she goes no no list you can close your account but can not get your deposit you have to buy a calling card. I said what I don't need a calling card. but she said the I can not refund you the money. since that day I am trying to call them to get my 40$ back in my credit account, nothing happened, I tried to speak to supervisor all the he was not available or the put me on hold for 30 minutes with no answer. now today I called them couple of time to get money back, they said no no no you have only one choice to get calling card that I don't need it I need only money. now they are claiming I should read the terms and condition, it says u can not get money back.
    I said to them how stupid you are when you call me over the phone you said it is refundable. lets say these are terms and condition we open the account over the phone and I gave u deposit right away over the phone to open the account how can I read the terms and condition. so they said do what ever you want to do we can't give you money back.
    I am requesting to all agencies of consumer affairs pleas do some thing and stop this union telecom to cheat, deceive, misguide, to hard working families in the usa. thanks for your time, please tell every one you know about this fraud indian company.

• Ck
    CKS Jan 05, 2010

Seems like I am 1 step ahead from all of you guys. I have different experience with the Union telecom. I had signed up for there services around 4 years ago, It was exactly similar situation what you guys had explained here. They billed me around $300 for the first month usage. I tried to work with their billing representative and he told me pay us $50 and I will close this account forever. I paid through my bank check, and figured its over but not Now after 4 years they are sending me a collection agency's letter regarding those $300 balance.

What I should do now? Is any one came in to this situation? is any one received a collection agency letter by not paying the balance of your account?

If yes then please let me know or email me at "[email protected]" what you did to get rid off these ### rip off company.

HateUT Jan 05, 2010

That happened to me also. they rip me off with their hidden charges and extra fees. I made some research and now that I see that bbgrace found out that they are out of us I confirmed the information that I got. they now very much how much money they are taking from you, but they always say that they don’t know, their purpose is just to keep you on the company. but I will find out more information from them. I will search in the peruvian government website because if they operate from there, they must pay to the peruvian government, and when I find that out I will go and complaint in the peruvian embassy here in washtintong and will see how they´re gonna keep scaming us.

• Bb
    BBGrace Jan 01, 2010

This company is the worst ever... I use to have them long time ago but I cancel the service for the same above reasons... extra charges, taxes to high. I found out the the company runs out of the us (peru), my brother once answer the phone and was one of their marketing service to offer the service and he reconized the voice of his friend from peru, he told my brother that the company is in peru and they are suppost to say that they are located in the city where you live like miami, ny or canada. then they call my mother to sign in and once she ask the costumer service where is the office located and he said miami downtown, my mom keep asking him questions and she found out the he has never been in florida, but she sign up for the service. thereafter, they called her to collect a payment and she told the lady that she was going to speak with her daughter for the payment and she was going to call them back, three days later I found out that they used my credit card to pay her bill, I have no idea how they do that, because my mom live in florida and i'm in new york and how they found out the we are related? I guess because I refer her to them long time ago. I don't mind to pay my mother's bill, but I can believe that after I cancel the service long time ago, they where able to used my credit card without my authorization to pay for another client, this is fraud!... I yes, I will do anything to put charges on them. I wonder if this company has a license to do the service in u.s. and why taxes and other fees are so high, someone needs to investigate.

Mark.J Dec 26, 2009

I never used union telecom service... some how they have bill collectors calling me for a phone card that I bought back in 2006... go figure.

This company is totally unethical and deserves some disciplinary action against it.

Mark. j

Johnstown, PA Dec 09, 2009

I am of indian origin and this very sweet indian lady call me and said I could call to india for one cent per minute but there would be a.39 cent charge per call. there was also a deposit required of $39.00 which I would get back if I should cancel.

I thought I would give it a try. the plan is great if you talk a long time at a time but I found it did not suit me. I called to cancel the service. the connection to the company is so terrible. the answering service is so broken up and the connection is terrible. but anyway I got thru and explained to the gentleman I wanted to cancel my service and I would like my deposit back.

He said they do not give the deposit back but the can give me call card for $50.00. I said that I did not want a calling card, I wanted my cash back. he said that is their policy and nothing he could do. the calling card is the most inconvenient thing to use. I can't tell you how many numbers you have to dial

I am writing this complaint to warn people. if you want really poor service and people who lie this is the company for you.

• Ut
    UT rip off Dec 01, 2009

They are ripoffs!! i wont repeat my experience as mine is ditto to everyone else's, and the worst part is to get it to disconnect they harass a lot!