UK Essaysuse of my work

This company has posted a "sample" essay in which the author, writing a useful paper with no thesis, mischaracterizes and inaccurately cites my work. I asked them repeatedly to remove it and they refused. As a professor, who also sits on the disciplinary committee of my school, I can tell you that an essay submitted like the one in which they now attempt to sell my words for profit without my permission is so poorly and inaccurately written that it would earn a failing grade. As a lawyer, I can tell you that they are doing is illegal in the United States, and buying and submitting such a paper will get you expelled from most academic programs. Further, the quality of writing is so poor that it would earn a failing grade in my course. You are better off writing the paper yourself. Save your money; do not give it to these cheats who are profiting from your lack of confidence in your own abilities.

• Uk
    UK Essays.com Jun 09, 2017

Hello,

We would just like to clarify a few facts here:
    First of all, we feel it is important to note that the essay you refer to was submitted to us by a student for the sole purpose of helping and assisting fellow students. It was not created by any of our freelance writers and is not, nor ever has been, for sale. We host these essays on our website as a study aid for other students, who can review the works and make their own judgements regarding what makes ‘a good essay’.

We have nonetheless reviewed the essay at your request. From this review, we conclude that while the student who wrote it may have "mischaracterised and inaccurately" quoted your work, there remains no reason why it should be taken down. As with any academic piece of work, independent thought is key: how one person interprets a piece of work may be very different to the way someone else does. This is academia at its finest, and disagreeing with the way in which someone has quoted your work does not give you grounds to request removal. Please note that we have not requested that you remove your comment - "If you work for this company, you should be disgusted with yourself" - despite the fact that I personally feel this is an incorrect statement which similarly “mischaracterises and inaccurately” describes not only the company, but the people who work here.

Ultimately, our position is that students and fellow academics should be allowed to learn from and interpret journals, books and any other source in their own way, and should not be prohibited from doing so because one person does not agree with another’s interpretation of a piece of work. We assist students in this learning through providing a variety of services, including model answers and marking services amongst other high-quality educational resources, and we absolutely refute the allegation that we are ‘cheats’ or that we support cheating in any way.

Regards