TWX MagazineFalse charges against my credit card

To the "obviously thorough" people who keep writing in suggesting that people are not paying attention. Not reading the fine print, or whatever, I suggesst that you pay a little closer attention to what the complainants are saying. Chances are that you have "no" idea what the complaintants situation is. And if so many people are complaining, then there is definately a consumer problem with both parties from the selling side.

I was checking my account to be sure I had enough to subscribe to Blue Mountain e cards so I could send out cards to friends for Christmas, when I saw a charge that I have no idea how this was done. This is who charged me: TWX*ENTERTAINMENT WKLY
[protected] NY. I have not been offered any subscription. Nor have I received any magazines. I have not called anyone yet, as it is Christmas Eve. Great way to start Christmas though. At 1:32 am. No more Best Buy for me, even though I didn't buy anything there. At least not this year. And time warner? If I know it's a time warner product, unless I have NO choice, I want nothing to do with it. I hope I'm not held up to long on this. And I'll be looking for the class action suit.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!1

PEACE!!!

• Cr
    CraigMH Jul 30, 2014

Just spoke to the people at TWX Entertainment Weekly to question the $24.99 charge to my credit card and they said our subscription was set up for automatic renewal. We let our subscription lapse 3 years ago. It pays to check charges to your credit card often. We will get a credit.

James C Watts Oct 13, 2012

Charge on debit card without authorization

• Ji
    Jimmy Noah Oct 13, 2012

I subscribed for TWX Magazine. They told that I can unsubscribe at every time. However, I tired of their bad service (magazine was always delivered at different time and day) and decided to cancel membership and they told that I have to pay for cancellation. They never told about this payment before!

• Ms
    Ms Up Set Apr 28, 2011

I'm very upset also the same thing the cashier assure me there will be no charges to my account and not paying attention like i should TWX*STEINM*SIM has been charging my account every month, i need to know where or who i can contact about getting my charges return to my account and to cancel the subscription. i think thats awful and i upset with stien mart to be associated with a company that doing so many people the same thing. they need to make sure that company return everybody there money back, i know i'm a loyal customer. and i would think if they plan on keeping there loyal customers they would see to this company refunding people there money. i very unhappy i just saw charges again on my account, can't find out no one i can talk to about this situation, thanks for the number i will try it if no progress i will go to stien mart and have them do something about these wrong charges. i upset that they was given my personal information without my approval.

• Be
    BETTY PETRSEN Mar 15, 2011

oN MY AIRTRAN CREDIT CARD, I WAS CHARGED $24.95 FOR THE TWX ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY ON fEB 08. I DID NOT MAKE THIS PURCHASE. I HAVE CANCELLED THE CREDIT CARD, I HAVE AND NEVER WILL USE IT. I SENT A CHECK FOR THAT AMOUNT TO AIRTRAN IN ORDER TO KEEP INTEREST FROM ACCURING WHILE THE MATTER IS TAKEN CARE OF. PLEASE REFUND THE $24.95 TO ME AS SOON AS
    POSSIBLE AND CANCEL ANY ORDER IN MY NAME FOR THIS WEEKLY. THANK YOU. MAY I HEAR FROM YOU CONCERNING THIS ISSUE. BETTY J. PETERSEN [email protected] GMAIL.COM

• Em
    Emilyanne Nov 28, 2010

Thank you so much for including the phone number - I was able to contact the company and get the charges reversed. Well, she SAYS they'll be reversed. :) I guess we'll see! Anyway, thanks for the helpful post!

• Pe
    People S Nov 04, 2010

Don't go through FYE to subscribe a magazine, they are not free!! First I was being charged 11.99 a month. Now I'm being charged 58.50 through TWX. Thanks TWX now I owe the bank money and have to close my account.

• Fa
    fallflashback Sep 02, 2010

Bought books at Books A Million and was told I could have magazines for free and that I was "STUPID" to not take them up on the offer. ..now I am being charged 25$ every other month for magazines that I didn't want in the first place. I've now cancelled the magazines TWICE!! How crappy of BAM to push this scam!

• Ra
    Rachel Lopez Aug 02, 2010

I was charged for magazines I did not renew a subcription for. It was an automatic unauthorized debit out of my checking acount. One for $45.00 and another for $65.00. I would like this money refunded back to me ASAP!

• Sc
    scammedj May 11, 2010

I did not give this company my credit card information. I was offered a free magazine subscription from this company with the promise that while they would automatically renew my subscription the following year, they would send a notice in the mail detailing the charge and presumably a bill. Instead they charged my credit card, which I honestly don't know how they accessed. I called and canceled. They refunded $44.36 of the $46.00 charge and then about a month later charged me $5.97. This was apparently for an offer for a shorter term subscription to the magazine, to which I never agreed. I called again and canceled this charge. I was then re-billed the $44.36. Currently, they claim to have no record of this charge. I finally found a way to contact the company and speak to a person [protected]) and my account is now being reviewed by a 'specialist.' Although it was entirely my fault for falling for the "free subscription" scam in the first place, this company has accessed my credit card account without my permission and made it very difficult to completely cancel the subscription.

• A few months ago I purchased product for Ulta. The sales clerk ask if I wanted to sign up 2 free issues then I will be charged and I could cancel.
    I told her " NO I will not remember to do that, I know my self too well, I DONT WANT TO SIGN UP! ".
    A few months later I was charged $24.95. I will called the store the Manager, she insisted that I would have had to agreed for them to get my information. I advised her I had open a Ulta Club card that same day. Thats how the clerk got my mailing info etc. I called instyle mag. and advised them of the issue. They agreed this was a common issue and refunded my money. I should be receiving it back in 5 days.
    This should have never happend. Ulta needs to retrain all their staff managers included.
    Their Integrity is shot now. Shame on ULTRA for sharing their customer's credit card information!!!

ReRe20 Mar 31, 2010

Then don't keep excepting free offers for three months because then u get charged...it's very simple

ReRe20 Mar 31, 2010

Everone takes free offers but doesn't take the time to actually read what it says. FREE Americas favorite word nothing is free

ReRe20 Mar 31, 2010

Thats because you never read what you sign. Those charges are your own fault the system is very basic and simple listen and pay attention.

• Ca
    carolshaffer Feb 27, 2010

This company charged my VISA an unauthorized $30.00 for Entrepreneur Magazine that I did NOT authorize. I can only be connected to an automated telephone number that I found on my VISA statement. There is no live person to talk to in order to get a credit for this magazine that I did not order.

• Wh
    White Elephant Jan 28, 2010

Maybe I can help you some. Answer these three questions please.

1. Are these charges recurring each month?

2. Do you have your credit card through Bank of America?

3. Have you called that company's 800# to cancel those charges?

Reason for me asking, my friend, is that I used to work at Bank of America's credit card disputes department and we get a lot of complaints from this TWX company for many facets of business, from magazine subscriptions to credit montoring services. I am surprised and appalled they (TWX) are still charging people's credit cards without authorization.

I am here to help you get this resolved. Just call me Elephant. I will get you the right person to talk to in order to get these charges reversed.

Elephant

• Jc
    Jchen Jan 27, 2010

Someone charged my credit card without my authorization! I don't know who they are but the name appeared on my bank record is TWX * /[protected]. They have stolen my money!

• Rd
    rdickerson Jan 06, 2010

2 months ago we recieved three free months of magazines through fye music all of a sudden today 1/6/2010 we recieved a debit for the amount of 19.50 out of our bank account. these people are scams do not use them at all

Joey m Dec 30, 2009

My credit card company gave me a number for this company. Try calling [protected].

Rather than selecting the option to cancel "your subscription, " try talking to the agent and tell them it was wrongly charged in the first place. They should issue a credit for the charges showing up on your card account.

• Tw
    twzscamvictim Dec 28, 2009

I just found out last night that they did the same to me three weeks ago. I can't get contact with anyone to fix it. I don't even know what the magazine is! Any ideas for what I can do? I've left email after email but, still haven't heard any response yet.

chasityl Dec 28, 2009

I have asked for all these charges to stop and they still keep coming out of my account. $21.00 to be exact I just want this to stop. Thanks

• Ka
    Kathyhoch Dec 10, 2009

Same is happening to me. I cannot find a number to call. They have taken hundreds from me over the past 3 months!

• Pw
    Pwood Nov 03, 2009

Charged my checking account $37.00 for magazines I did not order. I did not receive a notice of any kind this would be happening. i contacted the company and they gave me credit and canceled the magazines. I told them to never charge my account for anything again and read some of the complaints I found on them the rep i was talking to. She seen not to care. They must be use to it by now.

• Cm
    cmetzm2 Oct 23, 2009

They have repeatedly charged my card for a magazine I never ordered. I just want it to stop...not stop for three months and be charged all over again!! Here is their number: [protected]

• Pl
    PlatiumSilver Oct 20, 2009

I am unaware of how they got my credit card information, but because of this magazine's unathourized credit charge, I suffered an overdraft fee, which caused 2 more overdraft fees in my Woodforrest banking account sending it to a negative $116.

SusanAL Oct 13, 2009

This company got my card number and sent magazines to a faudulent address.
    The subscriptions can be cancelled online at https://www.magcustomerservice.com/wss/home.do#anchor_bullet_1
    or you can call to get your money back-but it takes a lone time to bet a person-[protected]

Thanks complaint board as I would have never found out what this was if I hadn't Googled the charge and been referred to your website.

SusanAL Oct 13, 2009

This happened to me as well and I'm not even living in the US. You can complain or request a refund on their website at https://www.magcustomerservice.com/wss/home.do#anchor_bullet_1
    as I cannot reach them by phone [protected]

JoshualeeDupree Oct 10, 2009

TWX Magazine withdrew $22.50 from my account and i want them to stop withdrawing money from my account.

• Ka
    katwoman2002us Oct 06, 2009

Have them give you a new debit card its the only way it will stop. as for getting your money back you need to call the 800 and good luck. Make sure you make a police report and give them full deatils of what happened and any numbers you have for twx. keep working at it you might get your money back. i am still trying to get my money back too.

• Tu
    tulsaukbc Sep 30, 2009

They did that because you're a stupid ###. There is no such thing as free lunch you ###ing ###

• Ga
    Gary H. Dunham Sep 09, 2009

On 9-9-2009 I was charged 22.00 for TWX magazine order which no one in my household knows anything about. This unauthorized charge from them needs to be reimbursed and not repeated.

susan_friend Aug 22, 2009

I was charged $31.00 to my checking account for a magazine I never ordered. please be aware of these people, and here is the number to talk to an actual person...[protected]

• Je
    jennifermoore1964 Aug 19, 2009

I answerd an add for one dollar for entertainment weekly and twx charged my credit card 40. 00 without my permission. This caused them to block my card. I need that money back,

• Cc
    ccjwbstr1 Jun 17, 2009

I started checking my debit card transactions and noticed that TWX Magazine was on the transactions. I had never heard of these people, nor have I subscribed to their magazines. They began taking from my debit card on May 05, 2009. A total of $74.85 has been taken. I want my money returned!!!

• Go
    GORIS Jun 13, 2009

CALL [protected] YOU CAN SPEAK TO A REP

• Zi
    zippitydoodah Jun 13, 2009

took 27.50 out of our account for no reason, no one even ordered any magazines or anything magazine related.

• Am
    Amaraltx May 27, 2009

Same thing just happened to me... the only thing I left the house for this last Saturday was to buy canvases at Texas Art Supply... and I show the Texas Art charge and a $29.95 charge for TIME MAGAZINE both on that same day... and I did not LEAVE THE HOUSE FOR ANYTHING ELSE... I was never OFFERED TIME MAGAZINE, have NEVER subscribed to it... and surely have no intention of subscribing now...

Tomorrow I will be calling my CC and paying Texas Art a visit to talk to the manager..

• Pa
    Patrick May 20, 2009

I have been receiving charges to my credit card of amounts around $30. I did not authorize to purchase nor did I receive any magazines.

sugarbabe061 Apr 27, 2009

I looked at my credit card statement online and noticed they charged me for 49.00 for a magazine i didn t order and when i contacted them i told them that i didnt order it. when and where do i get my money back.

• On
    oncebeguhn Apr 08, 2009

I found 3 charges on my Credit card made by this company not authorized by me totaling $90 from them; I never ordered anything from them so they got my card by stealing the number.