Tribute Mastercardcancelled account

F

ive had my card for 3 years now.. i sent my payment in of feb 26 it was due mar 8th. so march the 12th they called my phone i kid u not 9 times in 2 hours. ok so i was looking at the cashed check they cashed. and still said they never received it.. so after speaking to 10 different people who u really cant understand, they said fax us the check so i did monday.. cant tuesday still said they couldnt find it... called wednesday still nothing.. now im really pissed so i faxed it 5 times on thursday... called friday still nothing.. so i told the supervisor after they said the account was closed to take me to court u bunch of crooks.. need i say ive had this card 3 years and not one late payment or missed payment ever

• Ju
    justnotfair Oct 29, 2009

ANYTHING WE CAN DO? ARE WE TO PAY THE $19.00 A MONTH MAINTENENCE FEE TO HAVE A WORTHLESS CREDIT CARD? MAINTENENCE FEE FOR WHAT? IS ANYONE PAYING THIS CREDIT CARD BANK?

chiketia ponder Oct 22, 2009

Please help me to understand, since all accounts were closed is it legal to still charge a monthly account maintenance fee?

JamieLynKali09 Oct 04, 2009

I am absolutely livid with this credit card company!!! I just recently recieved a letter notifing me that my account was going to be closing at the end of the month and was curious to find out more so I contacted customer service via email and was informed that they were closing the whole credit card program due to the "economy". The fact that they couldn't even inform their current customers as to why their accounts would be closing, or that the company was in trouble makes me very upset. I have had an account with this company for over a year, and am very dissapointed in the way they handled the closing of all their accounts. I wished I had never signed up for a card with them!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr

• Pt
    ptyler Sep 20, 2009

I have had my tribute card just over a year. I have paid all my payments on time and even made several payments in one month. Today I got a notice that my account was closed. I called the company and they told me that it was not a reflection on my credit they were closing everyone's account. somehow this doesn't make sense? can anyone explain what is going on here?
    Thanks,
    Patti

JAMES FISCHER Sep 15, 2009

TRIBUTE MASTERCARD MUST BE IN CAHOOTS WITH SALUTE VISA CARD. I HAD BOTH ACCOUNTS AND WAS IN EXCELLENT STANDING WITH BOTH CARDS-NEVER LATE AND ALWAYS PAID AT LEAST THE MINIMUM AND THEY JUST UP AND CLOSE THEM OUT. I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH PAYING THE BALANCE BUT THEY CHARGE THE MOST RIDICULOUS MONTHLY MAINTENANCE FEE ON TOP OF IT FOR AN ACCOUNT I CAN'T EVEN USE ANYMORE. TRIBUTE CHARGES ME $10 AND SALUTE CHARGES ME $6.50 A MONTH FOR MAINTENENCE FEES THAT ARE ON TOP OF THE INTEREST. THEY SAID THAT IT IS TO SEND ME A STATEMENT THROUGH THE MAIL. EXPENSIVE POSTAGE STAMP!!! I NOW HAVE TO PAY $16.50 A MONTH FOR MAINTENENCE FEES THAT ARE ON ACCOUNTS THAT I CAN NOT USE ANYMORE BECAUSE THEY CLOSED THEM AND I REPEAT I WAS IN EXCELLENT SHAPE WITH THEM BUT NOW I HAVE TO PAY THOSE FEES UNTIL I PAY THE BALANCES OFF PLUS THE INTEREST. I WISH I KNEW HOW TO GET AN ATTORNEY TO FILE CLASS ACTION SUITE AGAINST BOTH CARDS FOR THE INJUSTICE OF THESE FEES. THEY ARE REALLY A--HOLES-MAYBE THEY PAID TO MUCH IN BONUSES LAST YEAR AND NOW THEY ARE BROKE. I REALLY THINK THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE CROOKS AND NEED TO BE SUED!!

JIM-AKA--PISSED OFF!

sardonyx house Sep 14, 2009

I think this is the worst company I have dealt with. I also pay my payments on time, and first they increased APR, and also increased their monthly maintenance, so that I pay 30.00 alone on their fees. Now I received a letter that my card has been terminated.

I called the number on the letter and they said they were closing everyones accounts. They also stated it would not effect are credit ratings. I hope this is true.

PS I had already stopped using the card myself do to their hidden fees.

• Ke
    Kevin Aug 12, 2009

I had a Tribute credit card for a year. I always paid my bill on time and more than the minimum payment and was even given two credit limit increases for being a 'good customer'

Last week I accidentally charged $20 over my $500 dollar credit limit. I paid the overage off in a few days. Tribute responded by closing my account and raising my interest rate to 35%!

Basically they were just sitting around waiting for any infraction, however minor, to occur so they could change the card terms and milk as much cash out of me as possible. I have reported them to the Federal Trade Commission.

• Mo
    monica Apr 30, 2009

wow they just did the same thing to me, they closed my account becasuse of above credit limit and in 3 yrs I never had a problem always paid on time and paid aobve minium paymnet. I wish we could file a class action suit agains them

sam Apr 20, 2009

Did you ever get any resolution? They did almost the same thing to me. They called and said it was late, so I authorized a debit from my checking account. They never took it out. When I got the monthly bank statement I realized it never came out and called. They are cancelling my account and claim there is nothing I can do. My credit score is going to go down now right before I want to by a house. I'm not sure how to handle them?

• Br
    Bruce Dec 09, 2008

I've have been a loyal customer to Tribute for over a 1 year and ALWAYS paid on time. Due to bad times I've became late for the FIRST time. I've recvd several calls in 2 hrs I kid you not!. When i got the 8th call I've had it. So i asked to speak with a supervisor. He told me i am past due $20. I said what?? You're calling me 7 times in 2 hrs for $20??? Are you serious? I've requested my account to be closed and I don't want to deal with this company ever again and just deal with Capital One, which i am ALWAYS on time with and current on. Now he told me the company closed my account because i am 5 days late of $20... are you kidding me??... DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

• St
    Stephanie Eisentrout Nov 05, 2008

I got 2 offers from Tribute mastercard and Salute back in June. I never activated the cards/accounts and now it is November and i am getting bills from them saying i owe X amount of dollars at the end of november. RIP OFF! If this was serious i would have received statements on a monthly basis not every 4 months. I wonder how many people have fallen for this! Its infuriating!