Total Swimming Pool ManagementFired Unfairly

I was fired VERY unfairly from Total Swimming Pool Management... I worked crazy hours to cover, my "owner", Norman Kay's ###, but instead I get the boot...
I am thinking about going to the Department of Labor, but I'll see how I feel in a couple days =]

Anonomous911 Oct 12, 2012

That was directed at my owner, I am extremely pissed off for the way I have been treated there.Its more of an ultimatum

anonymous303 Feb 01, 2013

As I work for total pool management as well, it's very hard to get fired from this company, if you're a lifeguard, you sit, watch the pool, make sure everything is okay, make sure the chlorine and pH are where they should be, and have your certs, show up to work on time. Pretty fair job for someone if you ask me. You probably weren't doing what you should have been to get yourself fired. The hours are flexible and you could always say no to working a shift you're unassigned if you can't do it, you won't get fired for it if you can't work a shift that you aren't normally assigned. Grow up.

anonymous303 Feb 01, 2013

As I worked for total pool management as well on and off through the past few years through high school and college, it's very hard to get fired from this company, if you're a lifeguard, you sit, watch the pool, make sure everything is okay, make sure the chlorine and pH are where they should be, and have your certs, show up to work on time. Pretty fair job for someone if you ask me. You probably weren't doing what you should have been to get yourself fired. The hours are flexible and you could always say no to working a shift you're unassigned if you can't do it, you won't get fired for it if you can't work a shift that you aren't normally assigned. Yes, the hours are funky but it's an easy and chill job, you probably got fired because you were doing something stupid. All my experiences with Norman in my presence have been positive, he just doesn't want to get busted by board of health or hear civilian complaints.

• Ri
    Rickroll2k Aug 23, 2013

Norman kay has been sued mutiple times succesfully for pay fraud and not paying overtime. He has no oversight for his company, he will be happy and cheery if everything is staffed, but if things go sideward he will screw you to the wall then threaten you with false accusation's in order to try and scare you from taking legal action against him, He has very poor ability to mange anything and can never get anything done quickly. Furthermore he fails to provide written job agreement's changes pay will demands you work outside your scope of your title.

• Ef
    efasdf Dec 11, 2014

Has one supervisor who manages pools within a 200 mile radius. He's banned from a few of the locations for assaulting a member a few years back. Occasionally he'll meet you in the parking lot to drop off chemicals but outside that, you're on your own. Company only employs one lifeguard so no bathroom breaks. They don't allow you to close the pool to enter the pump room, take a leak, or even eat your lunch so you'll have to leave the pool unattended frequently. They had two pool technicians for all of Long Island but one of them recently had a stroke, so now there is only one. Response time to fix broken equipment can take weeks to months. I'd honestly be afraid to enter the water of one their pools they so called"manage" if I hadn't been working there for quite some time to monitor the water quality(I only swim at the location I work at). They won't fire you for closing the hot tub/pool for mechanical failure so just do it. If they tell you to hand feed chemicals or do anything outside the scope of your title-call the health department anonymously. I really don't know how the members of La Fitness put up with this company. They also don't provide uniforms or ###ing whistles. They can't even keep band aids stocked in the med kit.