TomTopScam, burglar

A Review updated:

I bought 2 cell phones from them for about 300$ :

1- they sent it to me after 25days,
2- both of them have problems and was not as descried on their web siteh
3- I contacted them and after 3 weeks they told me to send them back for a refund
4- I sent them back via registered post and still after 2 months they say they haven't received them
5- they don't answer my emails any more
6- they stole my money

• Updated by little willy · Dec 20, 2016

tomtop please reply to my emails, thanks

• Updated by nicmo_6 · Jan 17, 2017

what is going on with my order? My bank account has been charged for the tomtop device but it still says payment processing and i haven't received a confirmation. My order number is BN17A13P5154-RAXU2A

• Updated by Jacklim · May 07, 2017

My FQ777 is spoilt, where can I repair? I just bought few days.

• Updated by jawakhan · Nov 28, 2019

my payment plz radund

• Updated by jawakhan · Nov 28, 2019

Cancell my oder and oder number BA19K23F2333-997108

Noel s Sep 07, 2009

I had the same problem. I hope this ### (tomtop) choke. How can they be allowed to steal. Noel Australia

• Sc
    scottus Sep 25, 2009

The website is listed as a Scam at http://www.firetrust.com/en/blog/chr...-chinese-scams

Scott

• Ka
    kara2816 Oct 12, 2009

ok, so im in the same situation, they send me a camera, its no good, i send it back and now they wont refund

• Br
    Brandedgoods Mar 04, 2010

but i had nice cooperation with them before, they have power ebay shops.most of them have 99% or above positive feedback.

• Ai
    airfree May 25, 2010

I purchased some keyboards and they sent me empty product boxes. Because the shippment arrived, they claim that it was recieved. Rip off. Stopped answering emails. Out $130. DONT PURCHASE FROM THEM!

• To
    Tonie Price Dec 15, 2010

i would like to recommend ordering in Chinabuye. they ship your products fast and you can get it on time. all products are high quality and always in good condition.

• Au
    AustralianKnifeSupplies Dec 22, 2010

TomTop rip off scam.
    I am still waiting for confirmation my 2 phones were shippped by TomTop 20 days after paying them $142.00 and they do not reply to my emails..
    AustralianKnifeSupplies

• Au
    AustralianKnifeSupplies Jan 22, 2011

TOMTOP SCAM UPDATE AustralianKnifeSupplies .. Paid for 2 I phones on 09th Dec 2010 and today is 21st Jan 2011 and still waiting for my phones to arrived, the tracking number they gave me 5 weeks after I paid shows they are still in China. On the 22nd Dec 2010 I started a paypal claim and they had the nerve to phone me on my mobile and ask me to cancel my paypal claim and wait for the phones to arrive, Ada promised they would arrive very soon. ?? Finally I got my money back today through paypal, I think I may be one of the lucky ones and won't be shopping there again..
    Here is their email...
    Dear Murray

Good day to you.

Thanks for your orders.

I have called you just now, and feel very happy to talk with you.

Actually the phones have been sent to you for a long time, and
    the phones will arrive at you soon.

For the post don't update the delivery information soon, so till
    you recieve the package, your local post will update the informtion.

You also know that for the stormying whether and the festoval days,
    we could not contral the delivery time.

Look forward to your understanding and please do me a help to
    close the paypal.

If you don't recieve the phones for 45 days, we will send you new ones.

What's more, if you don't recieve the phones, you could open the paypal
    again.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours best,
    Ada
    from tomtop.com--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Ka
    kawi Jul 29, 2011

I had a similar experience with them. I ordered a wireless keyboard which never arrived. After 3 weeks, I advised them it still hadn't arrived and they asked me to wait a little longer because it was storm season and the weather delays shipping. I waited another 2 weeks and nothing, so I informed them yet again... they asked me to continue waiting since it was now November and "Holiday Season". I waited another 10 days and threatened to file an e-bay claim, to which they said they would hand my complaint over to a manager. By the time I tried to submit a claim with e-bay 45 days had passed and e-bay could no longer help me with my problem.

Tomtop continued to ask me to wait wait wait and not to submit a claim yet, but they offered to send me another one... which never came. But this time, they stopped responding to my e-mails. I eventually tried to BUY a replacement because I REALLY wanted this keyboard, and they blocked me from buying another one! They never did reply to my enquiries as to why I cannot BUY another one. TERRIBLE COMPANY!

Oh yeah, they also used the excuse that it was Chinese New Year and to wait just wait longer! d'oh!

• Ho
    HomeSweetHome Nov 23, 2011

Ordered a back-up radar from TomTop. received it not working. Said he had sent me a replacement. Which I have never received. No longer answers anything. TOMTOP is a SCAM! Avoid doing business with this company at any time!

• Eb
    EBAY'S Shame with TOMTOP Mar 02, 2012

Please read the reviews before you make a purchase. My PC Tablet never did work and yes it was their New Year as they ran the 30 days down for a refund. Claim they never received it. Pay a extra few bucks for a better product and service that's not half way around the world where they don't recognize US patients and produce inferior products with bootlegged android OS. SHAME SHAME SHAME on EBAY for doing business with TOMTOP.
    I wish I had checked out these reviews before I made my purchase which left me with no PC Tablet nor money.
    Silver Wolf>

• La
    Larsmf Jan 18, 2013

I can also confirm the more quality of their products, high costs to return items (that makes prices comparable to using more local Sellers). service desk is little supportive and I have not heard back from them after returning a tablet several weeks ago. wasted time and money

• Ke
    kenphoenix Apr 24, 2014

I purchased some Corn lights which were defectiv
    e, almost caught fire, sent pictures of burnt housings, seem to think it was my fault for turning the lights on ! They keep asking for further explanations until you give up. Interesting scam used extensively on Ebay, whom don't seem to care either, as long as they get their selling fees.

Anna Woods Jan 26, 2016

Hi,
    On Nov 16 I ordered thru eBay (User ID: ukann-vc7cjsrj) an anti bark collar. When the last day of delivery was passed, I contacted tomtopwholesaler, who assured me the order was on its way. I believed him - big mistake!! Many mails later I still haven´t received a refund or the order, so I realize this company is in the con artist game.

• St
    Steven Parobek Mar 02, 2016

SCAMMERS Wanted more money after checkout. Said No wanted refund. Had to go thru Paypal dispute for refund. Took 1 month but glad I had purchase thru paypal

• St
    Stelios Alexakis Mar 18, 2016

I placed an order, the shipping cost was calculated and I paid 40 USD using PayPal.
    Five days later they contacted me to ask almost an 30 USD more in shipping cost because they later discovered that my address is a "remote destination". I opted for cancelling my order and having a refund which they accepted. After a couple of weeks and a few emails sent, there was still no refund and no reply from them. Had to open a dispute in PalPal in order to get my money back almost a month after they received my payment. In business term this is called "Free Financing". Shame on them :-(

• Sh
    shappix May 17, 2016

I purchased ZUK Z1 Smartphone from Tomtop ebay store (tomtop.usa). The description said that the smartphone has 2 years warranty.

After 4 months of use the fingerprint scanner of the phone stopped working. I contacted the manufacturer and he told me to contact the reseller.

So I contacted Tomtop. They apologized about that and told me to send it back to them and they will replace it with a new one or they will refund me.

I sent the smartphone to the address they gave me and they received it. Here is the tracking number: RE541532254GR

From that day I sent them 7 messages to inform me about the current status of the replacement / refund but they did not answer me. Then I contacted ebay support. They told me that they will try to contact them.

After that I received a message from Tomtop claiming they didn't receive the smartphone. I sent them the tracking number to prove that they have receive it but I never get a reply. It seems that they have blocked me.

When I try to buy anything from Toptom I received the following message: “The seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you.”

After that I did a google search tomtop.com scam and there was a lot of people complaining about them.

Now I understand that I have lost my phone and I am really sad about that. That is why I share my experience with you. I want to protect other people from facing the same situation. Please stay away from Tomtop.

• Nl
    NL Buyer Jun 02, 2016

Tomtop uses a lot of EBay alias such as Lalayes. Tomtop is DISHONEST and LIAR. Tomtop CANNOT be TRUSTED. Tomtop is a SCAM. You will REGRET if you buy from Tomtop. Tomtop sold me FAULTY product. Lied about sending replacement and postage delays. Until now waited 3 months..still no delivery. Send emails..no reply from their so called Ebay customer service, Lalayes.

Benjamin Kovach Jun 03, 2016

Iv paid 233.16 for a cell phone cancelled my order and still waiting for my refund im not very happy with there customer service at all i will be taking legal actions against themMay 30, 2016Point of Sale - Visa Debit INTL VISA DEB RETAIL PURCHASE TOMTOP 615105882969 233.16 AUD @ 9.659890$225.23 order number AN16E29U0506-DFGVW6 and there asking me for an invoice number that i did not receive cause i had cancelled it within 8 hours

• Nl
    NL Buyer Jun 04, 2016

Tomtop uses a lot of EBay alias such as Lalayes. Tomtop is DISHONEST and LIAR. Tomtop CANNOT be TRUSTED. Tomtop is a SCAM. You will REGRET if you buy from Tomtop. Tomtop sold me FAULTY product. BEWARE They also sell in Lazada website.

• Ab
    Abdul Khalek Jul 25, 2016

Very Baaaaaad experience with TOMTOP i hope they will close this Thieves company

• Av
    Avid Ebay Buyer Aug 01, 2016

Scam seller, bought a phone that NEVER ARRIVED. Raised a case to ebay. Please raise a case in EBAY for TOMTOP SCAM FRAUD SELLER, they need to stop!

• Ed
    Edsta Aug 07, 2016

My daughter purchased a make up set (palette), I have sent numerous emails and only got one back saying that we have sent it to you by standard post, I asked for a tracking number or connote number but they couldn't provide that and told me I should wait for the package to arrive which to date has not come via the standard post, perhaps it is on the "slow boat from china" coming via every country in the world. These guys are ###, don't deal with them.. Eddy Australia

Benno2000 Sep 07, 2016

A smartphone (elephone 9000) bought from tomtop stopped working after 4 weeks only. Tomtop repeated to ask for a video of the failure (I sent it twice) and the invoice ID (I sent it three times), now they stopped answering emails. TomTop seems to be a fraudelent company. They promised 1 year guarantee for this product but refrain from taking it back or repairing it.

• Na
    Nastia2 Sep 13, 2016

Same problem!

They do not answer my email and stole my money!

• Da
    David R W Nov 02, 2016

It amazes me how in this day and age, we can have scams operating like this. I ordered 6 brushless motors from TomTop paid $151.68 AUD by Credit Card and after one month no motors. When I email the Company as to when can I receive my order, they do not respond. From all other complaints about this Company I now know I will never get the motors. I believe the Company (or so called Company) is owned by a Chinese Con Man in China, so everyone avoid ordering from this criminal, and I hope the Chinese Authorities catch up with him real soon. Makes me very wary about dealing with Chinese Companies. David - Australia.

• Da
    David R W Nov 09, 2016

Previously I warned about this company TomTop as being a Scam. I now have to take back my words about this Company, as I received the 6 brushless motors today by Courier and they are the genuine motors I require. I therefore apologise for giving a bad report about this Company and hope it has not tarnished the reputation of this Company. David - Australia.

• Ly
    LynnLola Dec 01, 2016

Thank you to everyone who took the time to post their experiences. My husband and I were looking at purchasing a Swagway for our 13 year old son and found the Tomtop Ebay store site. Nearly ordered their $229 model. Good price (like everything they sell) and is all we want to spend on a 13 year old's toy for Christmas. I won't be ordering from them after reading all the bad press about them here and other sites. Too risky. Thanks again.

• Av
    avoid at all costs Aug 09, 2017

Volantex TUMBLER V796-1 25KM/H 2.4GHz …

Volantex TUMBLER V796-1 25KM/H 2.4GHz RC Racing Boat - Yellow
    Beware that this company dropships items with no contact name or proper return address on the packaging. In my case they sent a used Volantex Tumbler with damaged and open packaging. The Volantex Tumbler had numerous marks and scratches on it too. Clearly a used and damaged item. I sent Tomtop a detailed video and numerous photos of the Volantex Tumbler as they requested and after much prevaricating on their part, I suggested that they refund half the purchase price due to the condition of the Volantex Tumbler and the fact that it was a gift for my grandchildren who were itching to use it. Tomtop refused and asked me to request a RMA and return the Volantex Tumbler at my own expense.. I naturally refused as it was not not my mistake. Paypal kindly and professionally stepped in and refunded my purchase price at 'NO COST TO THE SELLER'...At the time of writing this review, Tomtop are still making unnecessary demands and in complete denial about the whole affair. They have not come back to me with any counter offer either. Tomtop may be the cheapest supplier of the Volantex Tumbler but in my opinion you would be better served by paying a little bit more and using a company that not only cares about its own brand but more importantly cares about its customers. I certainly won't be using Tomtop again, not because they made a mistake, but because of its unreasonable and unprofessional behaviour and a complete lack of any proper customer service. Tomtop know the UK law when it comes to returns and they take full advantage of it to try and wear you down. If you have a problem with an item I am sure you will experience the same issues that I have done. If you don't then it will have been a seamless and good value transaction. Anyone can dropship an item. It's customer care that counts when things do not go according to plan...

• Vi
    Vinnainé Vin Aug 15, 2017

TomTop review. TomTop vélemény
    (Eu warehouse)
    TomTop Online Store 2017. jun. The story:
    The product has not arrived, it is impossible to get in touch with TomTop, no customer service available to solve problem.

• Cr
    Crapcbm Sep 18, 2017

Ordered drone AOSENMA CG035 on 2017-08-26 14:11:47
    order No.AN17H26N1147-7TISNH
    Arrived after about 1 week.
    Gimbal Cam was not working.
    Contacted Tomtop, no reply.
    Opened a Paypal case. Then, I have to send back on my costs to the warehouse germany, from where it came (good luck, not to CN!)
    But didn't getg back the shipping cost, thanks paypal I gat them back.
    But drone was back on Friday 08 Sept 2017 (DHL 129959347278)
    But until today, I don't have back my money.
    I get newsletters, and the wish, to leave my review. So here we go.
    Have to wait, till paypal has end its sleep and I get back my money.
    That sucks, will never buy on Tomtop again.
    I didn't believe other reviews and comments in the internet. A lesson learned.

• Yu
    Yusufp Oct 07, 2017

they are scamsters

• De
    Deb Kennedy Mar 02, 2018

I bought 3 hand held video games from them. Never received because they put the wrong address on it. It was sent back to them. They claim the postal did not send them back. It has been two months now. Still have not received a refund. Wish I could share my emails from them. Just to many of them.
    They are a rip off.

• Gr
    Graham Homan Mar 05, 2018

Good prices, but beware of their false promises of discount coupons. Their sign up page promises a $50 coupon if you agree to receive their newsletter. What you get is one coupon for $20 and several small ones, none of which you can use against promotions. I was given a 5% off voucher which did not work either. Customer service was useless. Their live chat service cut me off!!

Beth Jaixen-Sauerland Mar 20, 2018

Ordered 4 LOL dolls for my daughter, opened them to immediately notice they were fake, didn't even try hiding it with stuff out of wrappers, dolls no where close to resembling LOL Dolls, etc. Contacted last night with no response, contacted again today, will dispute with paypal if nothing is done.

• Pa
    Patrick Gibson Jul 13, 2018

Ordered product in May - tracked all the way to South Africa via DHL - once it reached SA it disappeared. DHL have no idea where it went and keep changing their story. Tried to contact Tomtop but they ignore my emails and requests for help. Bottom line don't use Tomtop if you live in SA as the chances of getting ordered products is very, very low.

• Me

WISH I WOULD HAVE SEEN COMMENTS FIRST
    TRY GETTING REFUND, THIS COMPANY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO OPERATE IN THE U.S

• Sw
    swan1 Oct 30, 2018

Every one should write to Googleand like portals and paypal to make a complaint against these site, to ban so that they cann't cheat

• De
    Debajyoti Mondal Oct 31, 2018

I have not received my order till date... It has been 20 days since I placed the order

• Ro
    Roger Bassett Oct 31, 2018

Order No BN17C23G4536XAHZSU

Ordered and paid for 23-3-2017.
    Still not delivered now 6-5-2017 .
    Listed as Dispatched.
    Sent several emails, contacts, to support.tomtop.com. No responses.
    Please tell me if this item is actually going to be delivered.
    Somewhat concerned I will not receive what I paid for in good faith.
    Roger Bassett

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices