The New York Times Companypalmer's raw shea body lotion

D Aug 13, 2018

I reside in New Delhi, India.This product is manufactured by E T Browne Drug Co Inc, Englewood Cliffs, NJ07632 USA.I purchased the lotion in Muscat, Oman.It is distributed there By E T Browne In Dubai.
I applied this lotion on my face and neck on May 05 this year and overnight I broke out in a severe, ugly and painful rash.This was in May, 2018. I wrote to the Company immediately and they sent their distributor to verify my complaint..I sent them photographs of the areas affected and my Doctor's prescription and observation.The distributor took a photo of the package and batch number and the Company replied that they would ascertain what could have caused the allergy.I have used Shea Butter products manufactured by another Company In USA for over 6 to 7 years and have never had an averse reaction.
I have been to several Websites on allergies that could be caused by Shea butte products and found that my allergy followed the pattern face, neck hands scalp and the top of the feet.
I am 74 years old and I feel the Company has been quite careless in their reaction.My Last mail to the Company is pasted below:
"Dear Antonia,
Thank you for your mail.I am sorry I missed your cal, but I have been away.
My skin has healed somewhat.But the skin on my hands is still not normal.
I stopped applying the lotion as soon as the rashes broke out. .
I suffered immensely. It was a painful and severely itchy rash . I stopped using your lotion immediately on the outbreak of the rash.

"My first mail to you was on May 06/05/2018.I sent you photographs of the effected areas.The rash followed a predicted
pattern :Face, Hands, Scalp and then the top of my feet.I am sending you the photos again, by separate email, so you may sense at least some of the anguish I have suffered.
Having received no comfort or relief from your Company, I have taken steps to lodge my complaint with the proper authority in USA along with photographs and documented reports on allergies caused by raw Shea butter.I am awaiting legal advice on posting the details of the product and the severe trauma I have suffered with the photographs on Social Media.I will also advise E-Retailers, like Amazon who carry your product on their sites, to remove them."
You may be meaning well to offer to pay my Doctors bills, but that is a extremely condescending gesture comparing it to my suffering and just adds salt to my wounds.
I am a senior citizen and I have suffered.Your Company has not cared enough.They might have if I was US citizen and taken legal action in the US and were sue them for damages.
Your product should be recalled from all retailers.You should add a warning that it may cause allergies and should be used with care"

Reply from The FDA in response to my complaint filed with them:
"The Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Food and Cosmetic Information Center (FCIC)/Technical Assistance Network (TAN) has prepared a response for case number [protected].

Response: I'm sorry to hear that you experienced a problem with Shea Butter.

Because the law does not require that problems with cosmetics be reported to FDA, we may be unaware of problems. That's why FDA is trying to increase consumer awareness about the importance of reporting cosmetic-related problems. If you have a complaint or experience a bad reaction to a cosmetic, please contact FDA's problem-reporting program, MedWatch at [protected]; or contact the consumer complaint coordinator in your area. A list of the coordinators can be found on the FDA website."

Thank you for contacting FDA's FCIC/TAN.

Since I could do nothing more from India, I am sending you these details of my plight and hope your paper can provoke some positive reaction.A warning label on the product and a meaningful compensation for my suffering