The History Channelprogramming

H Review updated:

The history channel should change its name to "crappy reality tv show channel" - they've definitely taken the emphasis away from history. Its primary viewers don't care about ice road truckers, axmen and celebrity biographies. People who do watch zone reality and e! Entertainment for that stuff. This channel is going down the toilet and its very sad because there is so little educational programming on offer these days.

• Mo
    molliewollie Jun 06, 2011

Agree, used to love the history channel, nothing but reality tv now.

• Da
    Datt.1234 Feb 26, 2019

@molliewollie Curse of Oak Island is the worst piece of shit tv I think I’ve ever seen on tv!! Two fucking
    morons running around in circles, digging up a bunch of holes and discovering basically nothing!!! Why are you still running this shitshow!!?? A show looking for where my dog buried her bones in my backyard would be more enjoyable!! Enough with this crappy series and these two guys that make paint drying much more entertaining then a 100 of those fucking idiots!!!

Furman King 9999999 Mar 13, 2019

@Datt.1234 I agree that's why when it comes on I'll make sure I turn the channel

• Dr
    drayl Jun 16, 2011

Yes if I wanted to drive a truck which I did I would, I sure as hell don't want to watch somebody do it especially a bunch of want to be 3rd class actors.Pickers, two bung wholes going around the country paying those pour people 10 percent of what those things are worth and bragging about it .Typical example of America in the 21st century. Yep pretty low grade crap and a commercial every 8Min. try to sell me Crap, nobody really needs.

• Ri
    Richard Jacobs Dec 30, 2017

@drayl I totally agree. I see nothing educational or entertaining about 2 half wit actors driving around he country and paying people pennies for their possessions while the pickers make a monetary killing. These "Picker" shows can go on non stop for hours. enough already...ENOUGH

Furman King 9999999 Mar 13, 2019

@Richard Jacobs so that's fine if you don't find it entertaining but I I enjoy American pickers and find it very entertaining and it's not true about the price they give they give too much for the crap they find call in my opinion you're just jealous because you can't go around to do because you didn't come up with the idea to go around and make money from what you find in people's Barnd and also get paid by Network over half a million dollars a year

• Ra
    Ray Sly Jun 19, 2011

I tried to watch 'battle of the Bismark Sea' and the music and sound effects were so loud I could not here the comentator. It was bad before, but this time I had to change channels; the quiet was a welcome relief. P.S. I agree with the previous complaints about programming, it is not rewarding anymore!

• Ok
    Okra White Oct 31, 2011

I channel-surfed into a History Channel program today. The few minutes that I could stomach indicated that (1) the entire American Revolution was a conspiracy of the Masonic Order, (2) the Founding Fathers were constantly drunk while doing the work of declaring independence (because all of the water in those days was contaminated and unfit to drink), (3) not only were they drunk, they were stoned (because hemp was a major crop of the colonies), and (4) the decision to declare independence was the result of the influence of an extraterrestrial or possibly time-traveling figure who has come to be known as the Professor. And this took only about five minutes to present. I wonder what other gems of history I missed.

Furman King 9999999 Mar 13, 2019

@Okra White And you are about one step away from a straight jacket

• Su
    successones Oct 31, 2011

The History Channel should be renamed the BS Channel. I advise a boycott. It has been a long time since I even tuned in or switched that absurd channel on.

Furman King 9999999 Mar 13, 2019

@successones No more absurd than some of the other shows and Networks on TV .it's possible when they first came out with the history channel they had just the real history but maybe they ran out of stuff to put on there that was true what are the supposed to do change their name.

mannmk7 Dec 21, 2011

There is something far more devious going on with the History Channel, (H C) than meets the eye. The H C use to give us the history of Western Civilization. During the 1990's they use to run the history of everything meaningful to American Citizens. Unlike the crap we see now IT COULD BE WATCHED OVER & OVER and it was still good and most importantly it was ENRICHING. About a couple of weeks to a month before an American holiday the H C would run everything they could about the holiday. I loved it. For a whole month we would get the different stories about Christmas, Easter, Presidents Day, and movies/programs on the holidays. This immersed us in our history. It fully reminded us of the purpose of our history, and our holidays. This immersion mysteriously disappeared around the early 2000's. I believe that the History Channel INTENTIONALLY alimented History from the HC as a way to separate Americans from their history. The H C provided support to Americans. I believe that there is a connection between the Multi-culturalist Invasion of our country & the elimination of REAL AMERICAN HISTORY that made the illegal and legal aliens feel UNCOMFORTABLE. I have written the H C but they ignore the issues; there new ridiculous, programming that's remotely connected to history.

@mannmk7 And I believe you're reading too deep into it

chabes9 Jan 13, 2012

whoever is in charge there please quit. Swamp people? American pickers? Top shot? That new shrimp thing? Come on, I really used to enjoy watching things about history on the history channel. It's truly embarassing what you put on there now.

• Pi
    Pianist702 Jan 24, 2012

Sadly, I agree. Years ago, this was my favorite channel on cable. For about 5 years I got rid of my cable tv due to financial constraints. About three months ago, I started subscribing again . . . very anxious to start watching the History Channel. Unfortunately, I have found NOTHING on it that interests me. It's always movies or "how to" reality shows that have nothing to do with history. The "military" history channel has some good things on it, but it's not my primary focus. It is so sad that the History Channel is reduced to the same JUNK that you can find on every other channel. I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED in the History Channel.

• Ji
    jimlu Feb 06, 2012

The show swamp people is disgusting and embarrassing to see! Reptiles on this earth long before us and have toothless ignorant hillbillies killing them! I will NEVER watch the so called history channel again till I know this program is cancelled! I have spread the word as well for others to boycott! who's great idea was it to put this crap on tv?

• Un
    unclebuck70 Mar 05, 2012

Yes the history channel should not be allowed to call itself the history channel...this is what is wrong with america today. people watching canned "reality tv" lousey actors and lousy plot lines...its not history! i dont get it. those ###s then behave like the tards on those shows in real life...and my god we live in a society of ###s. Reality tv sucks! it offers no value. The executives running the channel need to be fired...you suck! money gruber nut###s.

• Te
    Teresa Ward Apr 07, 2012

The History Ch. has become just another perverted, one way, slanted view, totally against the God of Israel, junk show !
    I watched a show this morning called Bible Battles, that had a prejudiced author called Richard A. Gabriel, (Military History of Ancient Israel). He was disgusting & clearly prejudiced against Israel. The History Ch. showed horrible battle scenes that made the Israelites look like barbarians, instead of portraying them as people being lead by God & killing people mercifully wiping evil from the land, that He gave them ! They barely showed any scripture !!! The title was "Bible Battles" !!! This isn't the first time I saw this slighted view of God's people on this channel. They are clearly, anti-God & anti-Semitic & their shows are full of hate against God's people & misleading a multitude of people.
    Filing complaints against them w/the FCC, is probably the best way to go. Hate crime ? You bet ! Against God & His people. Pray that the deception is revealed. Also, write & call their public address of record (I have yet to find this). Take a stand against evil, like God says to.

Furman King 9999999 Mar 13, 2019

@Teresa Ward So I guess you have not figured out that the media which is television is all about a slant away from being conservative you should know that when you turn the TV on

• Pl
    plumr60 Apr 13, 2012

I cancelled cable years ago because of the mindless crap on TV. Used to be history channel and discovery channel had informative fact filled shows on . Now all you get is braindead tabloid crap that 's an insult to an idiots intelligence. Who cares about swamp people and truckers and fishcatchers and bigfoot idiots. The background music on these shows sound like doom is approaching any second and you can't even hear anyone talk it's so loud. They repeat everything so much the shows wouldn't be 15 minutes long . Even the true crime shows are so over dramatic and dragged out that after 2 minutes who even cares anymore. All the ignorant pawn shows and storage shows and mythbuster crap has made everybody think they are a movie star and that we care about what they have to say. I only see these shows when I stop by my brothers house and they happen to be on. All it does is make me glad I haven't wasted my money on cable or satellite. If the mentality of this country has stooped to this kind of ignorance God help us all. By the way network tv isn't one bit better. Thank God for music

Furman King 9999999 Mar 13, 2019

@plumr60 Not all music is good some lyrics in some heavy metal such as Judas priest etc. is questionable

• Tr
    travid1234 Apr 13, 2012

I have to agree with all that I have read so far. It seems these shows have become directed toward kids. I probably get 100 channels and honestly switch between maybe 10 fav channels and they show repeats all day long.The repeats are dated 2012. Kinda tells you the variety they have to work with.they obviously generate alot of $. Probably not only in advertising but the vision and hearing doctors stay busy. ADHD is also on the rise. Could they be connected?The way the camera jerks around epileptic seizures may also increase.We watched an old 1938 John Wayne movie The Chisum Trail about a month ago and it honestly relaxed me and I found myself enjoying a movie. Real simple. Then again I am 57 and we watched TV for free(no not a black box)

• Anti-Alien-Death-Squad Apr 15, 2012

that would be repression, which is unhealthy. technically your complaint about the posters' complaints is the same scenario. if you don't want to read their collective complaints, don't click on the thread.

Furman King 9999999 Mar 13, 2019

@Anti-Alien-Death-Squad It's hard not to look at the complaints someone are so ridiculous and ludicrous it's more entertaining than television

ChikaRG Apr 15, 2012

I'm trying to watch Titanic 100 years: Mystery solved. Most of the program has been cutting off. It'd very annoying. I know for sure it's not my cable suppliers because all my other channels are working perfectly fine. I haven't been able to watch half cause all of a sudden the channel goes black. Are they gonna replay the show so I can watch the whole thing and not just pieces??

• Al
    aliwithani84 Apr 16, 2012

Questions:
    -Is this Really Important to Life? absolutely

-Will the world end if the History Channel changes its programming? very much indeed

-Has one ever heard about changing the channel if they don't like what's on? Maybe the remote is jammed

JUST SOME THOUGHTS TO THINK ABOUT

Furman King 9999999 Mar 13, 2019

@aliwithani84 Finally somebody that's got good sense one of the few people that had a response that actually hasn't lost her mind

• Ha
    Hankyspanky Apr 16, 2012

You are the ones paying for the cable/sat bs. There are just a couple of conglomerates that own all these channels and they are ripping you off blind! Here is a little something for you to ponder...
    Let's say the AVERAGE cable/sat bill is $60.00.
    Now estimate the number of homes in your neighborhood and multiply by 60.
    Now estimate the number of homes in your town and multiply by 60.
    Now do the same to your nearest city, then to your county, then to your state, then to the entire US, then to about 1/3 of the world.
    That is a lot of bucks, folks. And then, they rerun more than half the programs over and over so they don't have to spend any money.
    They will never allow ala-carte programming as I'm quite sure their lobbyists own a big chunk of Washington.
    So what is the solution? - Over The Air TV is starting to make a comeback with the new digital channels, and I am not talking about the network stations like CBS, NBC, ABC. There are some pretty good programs that are starting to pop up on the higher channels - and its free - all you need is a set of rabbit ears or a roof top antenna. Check it out and then tell cable/sat to stick it! Another option is HULU, Netflix, and others that charge about $10.00 a month.
    It's time for the GREEDY corporate mongers to go bye-bye. We're sick of it!

Furman King 9999999 Mar 13, 2019

@Hankyspanky But who owns the internet when you pay the cable bill for the internet doesn't that go to the same people that own the networks ?

• Hi
    historygeek Jun 10, 2012

Once upon a time there was a channel. It was a channel that provided knowledge and insight into world history. This channel was called "The History Channel". Then, for reasons known to none, something happened to the History Channel and it morphed into "The Pointless Channel". Many have risen in protest but their pleas go unheard. We can but live in hope that one day, ONE DAY!!! our pleas will be answered by those that control the Pointless Channel and the History Channel will be worth paying for once again.

• Xe
    XenoMiang Jun 15, 2012

At least The National Geographic channel still plays some interesting informative things, I agree about the History Channel ... and now they have and H2 channel. Both the channels tend to play crap, it sucks because I love educational programming but the History Channel just doesn't have much anymore.

• Mi
    Mickey Warner Jun 29, 2012

I have gotten to the point of not watching the History channel -- was one of my favorite programs on TV for many years. However, watching the same junk day after day has left me with no other choice but to go elsewhere. Example - Pawn Stars, Ice Road Truckers, Swamp People, Top Shot, and all the other crap has led me to believe someone at the History Channel in charge of programming has completely lost the real purpose of calling itself a quality show dedicated to History -- If I had authority of that show I would go back to the original programming or quit the job, or be fired and become a trash collector -- which is more befitting to his/hers talent.

• Do
    Douggle Jul 12, 2012

The History Channel used to be wonderful now it has declined into a reality tv show channel

JoseTexas Jul 19, 2012

Another reason I have cut the cord. I have been without cable for 3 years, and to be honest with you, I don't miss it. The internet has whatever I want, so cable don't let the door kick you in the ###! I am talking to you too, ComCrap Cable!!!

• Ca
    cat c catherine Jul 23, 2012

Have seen this "Swamp People" show being advertised and shown on TV here in Australia. I reckon it should be banned and discontinued, as it's nothing but a bunch of half-wit, "Rednecks" being CRUEL to Alligators. It's horrible and not worth watching.

IF I had to kill a big Croc when I was up North in Australia, I would have and wouldn't think twice, but I would shoot it. One shot and that would be it. NO SUFFERING. NOT "fishing" for them with bait, seeking them out, catching them on a hook and... well, I won't go into it as it's disgusting and CRUEL.

Shame on you for showing CRUELTY to an animal for the entertainment of people to watch on TV.

• Ci
    Civil war Aug 14, 2012

Please take the counting cars off the air. That guy is a jerk. Knew it was only a matter of time before he got a show. Will never watch.

• Ir
    ironmike1 Oct 20, 2012

When the History Channel was first introduced, i was very excited, but now including the National Geographic Channel must be owned by the shoppers network for the people who watch that channel should enjoy themselves...Mike Alberta

Nomad99 Nov 22, 2012

History Channel must be hard up for content because their current line up of shows is pathetic. Makes me think they will green light about anything these days. Sad

• Jd
    jd81 Nov 26, 2012

A+E Moved anything worth while off History to H2. I would assume most, if not all providers charge more for H2. So, if you want to watch anything other than Pawn Stars and such, other than the once in a while real history related program, you have to shell out more loot. I'm sure you will have the same commercials, and timing, for the parent co. it is all about the bottom line anymore.

• He
    hell no not on here Dec 10, 2012

whats with the history channel? everything gloom of doom. is this what you call history? i call it crap pointless. who is in charge of the programming. and does any one care what people say here. when i went overseas and seen the history channel, its nothing like what it is shown here in the usa. what gives? what a waist of air space. and this goes for the discovery channel, being its under one roof

• Tr
    triumph Jan 14, 2013

I agree with all of the above complaints. It's just a shame that the purveyor of these shows -- such as Comcast, does not have an influence on running this kind of crap. It's obvious that they do not care about the actual viewers.

• De
    depressedinva Jan 22, 2013

SHOULD CHANGE THEIR NAME TO "THE PAWN SHOP CHANNEL"-STUPID SHOWS WITH STUPID PEOPLE----NOTHING TO DO WITH HISTORY. WHAT THE "H" HAPPENED????????????????????

• 2w
    2%WM Feb 04, 2013

Used to be my favorite channel, nothing but crap now, like most of the channels. How many do I have with Direct TV? Dish is no better. Can't find anything worth watching. I think I was happier when I had no TV for about a year.

• Ro
    Robert712 Feb 09, 2013

I agree with all of this, sadly disappointing... Has any one watched the new H2 channel free preview. More of the same crap...out dated shows and if I am going to pay for a premium channel, why if there and onslaught of commercials every 10 Min's...I don't get it who is paying for this, the public or the advertising company...right now it looks like both...I have activated my old C-Band with the new 4D receiver and will pay for what "I want to watch" not the crap that is being shoved down my throat.

• Da
    Dan Short Feb 18, 2013

If the objective is to show history, should not they show history?
    Watching a show about the presidents, they projected the worst president in American history, Abraham Lincoln as a wonder!
    A wonder, wonder what? One who disregarded the constitution, who was as Booth identified nothing but a dictator. Then to go on and say the War of Northern Aggression—the Civil War; which was neither civil or as a war—or had the objective of a civil war—was about slavery—was beyond my limited capacity to even comprehend.
    Perhaps if we would have a history channel tell history as it really was; then and only then does it qualify as history, not some illusion of perhaps a dope smoking revisionist propagandizing some ideology that wasn’t just not true, but is total fiction.

• Be
    Belita Jordan Feb 22, 2013

I am complaining about one of the episodes on Big Rigs Bounty Hunters which aired 2/21/13.
    One character from Colorado, the old gray, bearded nearly toothless fellow that called the President "a fool"
    is UNGODLY and deplorable. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but in America, humanity is becoming rare.. I am African American and I don't agree with our president about everything but I would never call anyone especially a leader with the highest office in the land a fool. God is the Creator of Heaven & earth. He created us and even scripture reveals calling someone a fool can place you in danger of hell. That's the problem today, disrespecting one another with malice. We are all human beings with feelings, ugly words hurt. I really feel that the History Channel should have edited that statement. Other countries are watching us and yet America is always the first to try to demonstrate peace in other countries when our own degrade & debase someone simply due to dislike. Jesus died for all due to LOVE. SHAME ON HISTORY CHANNEL!!!

• Al
    alimov Feb 25, 2013

Its nothing about a history channnel, there are a lot of junks, the channel must get back to its old programmes, i reaaly miss them, I hate american retorations or store wars!!!

• Lr
    L. Richter Mar 02, 2013

Can someone STOP THE STUPID ADS posted across the already "too small screen"?
    As it is, History channel usually airs in letterbox format...SOMETHING I HATE to begin with because 1/3 of the screen is GONE :/ No, they are using what is left of the screen as thier personal bulletin board. It is bad enough all fo the stations feel they have to have their logo on bottom of the screen. Then, there are the "scenes of coming shows" with people walking around that have NOTHING TO DO with what we are currently watching. And, of course, we have to read the tweets that "Joe Blow and Jane Doe send in when American Pickers is on. NOW the newest and most annoying yet...THE STUPID COUNTDOWN FOR 30 PLUS HOURS that I have permenantly pasted infront of me on the top right portion of the already too small screen for a Viking show that I may or may not want to watch. I PAY FOR TV...not for ad during the shows. I am sick of it. I think it is time we let the stations involved know that this is unacceptable before they split the screen in half and run commercials non stop in the future.

• Su
    Susan Durnford Mar 09, 2013

I turned on History Channel on Friday March 8, 2013 to watch the show "The Bible" and within 5 minutes of watching this garbage I turned it off. I was under the impression History was history not fiction. When you air programs that do not follow the facts, things become blurred and you can never be sure what is fact and what is fiction. The Bible has been around for centuries and the facts within it should NOT be changed just to make a more saleable product. Leave that to fiction writers. Just like the Holocaust is fact, people want to change it to suit their likes, buy the horror is still history and cannot be changed to suit some tastes. The Bible and its stories should not be changed or embellished as is so often done. The History Channel should stick to its ideal - to report historically. Some of the garbage you do show is down right offensive and the meaningful things you change to suit your tastes. You are loosing your viewers who want to see facts as facts - not fiction. Please rethink your priorities.

• Bo
    bob butta Mar 10, 2013

paying a tab ever month for vios tv should not provide us with 14 commercials for every 5 minutes of television programming. This is absurd and ridiculous...my family and a few oters so far as agreed never to purchase products advertised during any shows on this channell. These advertisements need to be cut in half...its horrible to have to experience this crap ever 5 minutes!!!

• Pe
    perseids72 Mar 18, 2013

Agreed. Also portraying a political leader as Satan shows you are biased.

manisha yadav Mar 26, 2013

Ancient aliens show on history channel which is scheduled to br telecast on 1st April, using alien word for Hindu gods is offensive to people of Hindu religion .Hindu people worship people worship their gods, name of the program should be changed