The Great American Photo ContestUnauthorized charges

I sent them $20 so my baby could be entered in a contest and never heard anything else. They just kept sending me the same thing 'your photo has already been selected just send $20 for entry fee' after i already sent the money.

I e-mailed them over and over again and no response i really don't care if i get the money back because i probably want i just want to see them stopped and punished for it.

• Bu
    BummedOutMom Aug 23, 2010

I didn't have to pay to enter the contest, but to get through and actually vote there are several spam ads. Yes, you can skip MOST of them, but I got to a point where they wanted my cell number so they could send me text messages and charge something like $8.95 a month just to move on in the voting process. I had seen "skip" on all the other ads, but there was no skip button on that one, so I was not able to complete the voting process and had to then warn all of my family and friends that this contest was probably just a scam. :( What a bummer.

• Ln
    LNB76 Mar 05, 2010

Well Sh'Ronda,
    You're the first person I've ever heard of being able to participate in a contest with the company they work with. Usually television and radio state that you cannot be employed or affiliated in any way with the company, so I don't really believe you! I also think you & everyone needs to Proofread!!!
    Ellen

• Sh
    Sh'Ronda B. Dec 12, 2009

WOW! I just can "NOT" believe all the negitive comments about "GREAT AMEICAN PHOTO! I really must say i don't know what website some of you logged into, however their is no money requierd to enter this contest. Secondly the ads you see do not mean you have to accept them that's why u have the option to skip it! I's just like going to the movies and seeing all the up coming attraction or getting junkmail ect... and all the ads you see are all the companies who "SPONSOR" G.A.P so that they are able to give the prize of $2, 500 each month. I do not work for this company however i will say they are 100% LEGIT! Not only did i enter my son but he is (September's Winner!) Tommy now has $2, 500.00 extra dollars to ad to his savings account! So before you TRY to slander or keep trash talking this company do your homework! Last but sertainly not least Thank You Great American Photo! For all who enter just know that the votes just don't appear you have to get your family and friends to vote as well.Who knows you just might recieve a phone call from the CEO of this wonderful and honest company like i did telling you that your beutiful child is the winner! GREAT AMERICAN PHOTO is NOT a SCAM so give it a try your child mahy be the next WINNER! Sh'Ronda B.

• Au
    Audra Smith Jul 01, 2009

Hi there! While I would LOVE to be able to jump on the naysayer bandwagon... I feel compelled to clear the air for all those parents out there who want to show off their beautiful babies. In November(I think) of 2007, I submitted a photo of my daughter, along with $20 to the "Fame & Fortune Contest" - please note, the Fame & Fortune Contest IS a part of the Great American Photo Contest... however, it's the alternate contest where you actually pay an entry fee...and I believe it's a bi-annual contest. They also have the free entry contest that occurs monthly, and yes, you DO have to deal with the spam of ads and offers... how do you think they keep the contest free? But I digress... the point here is to tell you... IT'S LEGIT! How cool it was to find out last Thanksgiving (November 2008) that we had won the Grand Prize!!! As it states on the rules you get a U.S. Treasury Bond... which means, yes, it's valued @ $25, 000... but you gotta wait until it matures... but hey, it's a VALID, US TREASURY BOND... and wow! You WON! Additionally, we were so excited to have had the opportunity to meet Mr. Gillon (CEO) and his family when they came down to personally deliver the prize. They also brought my daughter a trophy so that she had a tangible memory! Not only that, but we got our 15 minutes of fame...we were published in the local paper, The Orland Sentinel...and then... just this past month... we were proud to see our picture in none other than People Magazine!

Moral to this story: think of ALL the people who enter these contests and the hundred or so who may have had an issue with them... think of other large companies that suffer similar statistics. I'm not negating other people's complaints... what I AM saying is that the contest IS a valid contest. People DO win... and if my daughter hadn't exceeded the age group limit... I'd be entering her again! I think she's JUST...THAT...CUTE. So for all you parents who want to show off your kids, this is a contest worthy enough to give it a shot!

• Ns
    Nsmiller1 May 22, 2009

I submitted my daughters picture, and they are asking for 20$ but it was never on the original site that there would be any fee's to enter... HaHa! "better luck next time".. Im glad i found the complaint board, or i probably would've considered it. What parent doesn't mind throwing 20$ on thier child on any contest.. It also makes you think its legit with the photo of your kid and a seal they send back, 25, 000 is a great amount to help with college... GREAT AMERICAN PHOTO IS A BUNCH OF BullHOcKey!!!
    IT never hurts to check things out before you purchase online... And it wont bother your child if you do either... THANKS AGAIN COMPLAINT BOARD
    n.S.

• Bo
    Bob May 06, 2009

duuuuu! i mean my gosh, how stupid are people today!!!