The Great American Photo Contest Logo

The Great American Photo Contest

Having problems with The Great American Photo Contest?

The Great American Photo Contest reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 18, 2008. The latest review Not a scam was posted on Feb 24, 2014. The latest complaint Not a scam was resolved on Feb 24, 2014. The Great American Photo Contest has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 10 reviews. The Great American Photo Contest has resolved 7 complaints.

The Great American Photo Contest Customer Service Contacts

24 W. Railroad Ave., № 139
Tenafly, New Jersey

The Great American Photo Contest Complaints & Reviews

The Great American Photo Contest — Not a scam

Hey guys !!! I just want to give some feed back on the great American photo contest !!! First off my daughter...

Great American Photo ContestNo Complaint - Not A Scam

I too was a bit concerned with this contest, especially after reading so many posts from everyone. However, I entered my dog in this contest, yes you must register a cell phone number because the advertisers will use it to try to sell you stuff. Just unsubscribe after you receive your Great American Photo Contest confirmation e-mail (wait for the confirmation because you need it to be able to vote). Remember to vote for your photo and have friends vote too. And yes, I got some e-mails stating my dog was the judges pick, and I could buy a photo book, etc., BUT I NEVER PURCHASED ONE ITEM, EVER. So, guess what? I AM THE WINNER FOR APRIL 2012. Yes, my beautiful dog Lacy won this contest. Even after I received the phone call saying I won, I was still a bit unsure of the legitimacy of this contest. Well, today I received my $1, 000 check - So, YES this is a real contest. Keep in mind that over 100, 000 people enter each month, so the odds of winning can be slim. Just keep voting for your photo, don't give up. You can go to their site and look at the April 2012 winner - it's my beloved little girl.

No Complaint - Not A Scam

Great American Photo ContestScam

I entered my son into this contest, they emailed me and said that he had made it into the cutest babies of 2011 book! I was excited and wanted a keepsake. I ordered the book March of 2011. I have a purchase receipt and everything, but no book and no contact from them. I have emailed them over 10 times for my money back. I have now taken it as a lesson learned and as a loss of almost a hundred dollars. Can anyone say SCAM!

• Ob
        Obwana May 12, 2012

I too was a bit concerned with this contest, especially after reading so many posts from everyone. However, I entered my dog in this contest, yes you must register a cell phone number because the advertisers will use it to try to sell you stuff. Just unsubscribe after you receive your Great American Photo Contest confirmation e-mail (wait for the confirmation because you need it to be able to vote). Remember to vote for your photo and have friends vote too. And yes, I got some e-mails stating my dog was the judges pick, and I could buy a photo book, etc., but I never purchased one item, ever. So, guess what? I AM THE WINNER FOR APRIL 2012. Yes, my beautiful dog Lacy won this contest. Even after I received the phone call saying I won, I was still a bit unsure of the legitimacy of this contest. Well, today I received my $1, 000 check - So, YES this is a real contest. Keep in mind that over 100, 000 people enter each month, so the odds of winning can be slim. Just keep voting for your photo, don't give up. You can go to their site and look at the April 2012 winner - it's my beloved little girl.

• Cr
        crystal lewis Apr 27, 2011

i got emailed saying my dogs pic was chosen for the Most Adorable Pets in America 2011.i dont like giving my credit card number out over the phone for something like that.im glad i saw your comment though.i will just wait till it comes out on book store shelves if its legit.

• Tl
        Tlawless67 Feb 25, 2011

Yeah,
        What can I say, I submitted a piece of dog poop and they told me I won.
        same rundown, They want $70 and your credit card# and they're off and running.
        Hey, I grew up in Somerville, Mass.
        You didn't get me, but If I ever get a hold of you...
        Tommy Lawless

• Bl
        BLKJCSEJS Jun 29, 2010

I submitted my son's photo into the 'Great American Photo Contest'. About 10 minutes later I already got an email saying my son's photo was reviewed by the judges and he would be in "The Cutest Babies In The World" (or something like that) hardback book for 2010. Also the email told me to verify his photo and to follow a link so his photo would be published. Well I went to the link and it had all the information about the book. But in order for my son't photo to be in this book I had to buy a copy ahead of time. It sounded to me like a scam so I didn't give the site any of my information after that.

Also, one of my emails told me to send a link to all my friends so they could vote for my son's photo. Well my mother told me when she went to the link she had to give out her email and phone number to these people in order for her to vote. Sounds legit enough for me so I told her just to go ahead and do it. So she did and it took her to a site saying she won a free Apple ipad and wanted her address and credit card number for shipping.

And finally about an hour ago I received another email saying my son has been entered in a $25, 000 photo contest and he was one of the finalists. So I go to the link they sent me again and it was the same nonsense as before.

So if you see this contest I advise you not to enter. Otherwise you will have about 100 spam email's and a lot of hassle.

Christy Dec 01, 2008

This site is a scam. They have you submit a pic and take you to online surveys in order to vote. My inbox has been packed with junkmail since going to this website.

Great American Photo Contestscammm

I have looked and read about this company being a farce but gave benefit of the doubt after contacting about my pix not being there, i was told they are there, so i kept voting and voting... now i wrote them again! >>>, below is correspondence that will explain...I cannot afford to buy thier book so my dogs pix had been removed and they say inactive, not true, thee are many bad write ups about this company and something needs to be done please, it hurts..and if you look at these pic on site. no one votes except like me the owners, i kept my eye on certain ones no changes, we know its a scam, but how and what they do picking a winner..lol joke!

my email..
      Hi, I have e mailed before and recieved a quick note.. pictures are there.. I click on after searching for my doggie, and only the sample shows, says file does not exsist or something like that, Please I dont want you to think I am a pain I don't want to be annoying, believe me, can u check these out for me please? also how long do I keep Mysties pictures in? I feel i should remove, but I don't know, how long we should leave on, ? i sorry babbling...lol Thanks Lori Pets Photo Contestant Information - No. 217770 Pets Photo Contestant Information - No. 217758
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      thier response
      Your other two photos have been inactive for too long, and subsequently archived. If a photo goes more than 45 days without a vote or click, we remove it from the contest to clear up room for more photos on our server.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      My last e mail back.. I am mad.
      you know that is bull, If you look...i e mailed awhile back about this problem of no pix. and recieved a answer pic are there, also not one day has gone by w/ out me voting on all three, when i recieved that reply awhile back I explained that i chked websites about your photo contest and and listened to what your cust. serv person had said and gave a chance and still stayed on voting EVERYDAY never evr missing, why did you say that? when it is not true, I am disabled for 20 yrs and Mystie is my life, and tried to do my best for her/me and enjoy this contest believing what your cust. serv person said to me, about not paying attention to blogs etc. its pityful, how in god name can you live with yourselves knowing the hurt you are causing people who have hopes up high and proud of thier pets, and its a frarce to buy the book, I wanted the book so so bad, but i am in a bad, and I mean bad financial situation since my hubby passed away, losing my home every damn thing we worked so so hard for. we always helped others all our lives and believe in "KARMA", its unfornate I have to write this, and i its because I am in so much physical pain (spine) right now, and its worse due to my nerves right now.
      I really dont know what to say that you already don't know and continue. to lie and hurt. I hope that is not the case and you just did not check my /our votes since i started, as I said Not 1 day went by w/ out a vote, even when I was in hospital, my caregiver put it in.
      Lori

• msloco Sep 21, 2011

Can someone tell me how in Gods name they are still operating? and hurting people?
          Now my bay should have won the great american photo contest..lol

Comments

Great American Photo ContestPet Photo Entered

Update on the Great American Photo Contest emails to enter a contest by submitting a photo are still making big bucks off of people that are submitting them. The price of their book to see your picture in is now at $69.99. Others have purchased this book and have said it was a low rated quality and being very flimsey for the price. On top of that they said that their picture was very small and when they had paid the extra $10 to put a comment along side of their photo they had submitted it was never printed. Also don't forget the $20 they ask you for to enter the contest. Whether the photo is of a baby or pet, the emails are all the same to hook you in on their scam. In this case you don't get what you paid for as far as quality. That puts a red flag up on their contest also. As I put this information on they are running a contest for America's Most Adorable Pets $10, 000 cash prize for the winner. Your choice! Your money! God Bless Everyone and save your money times are hard now so don't get hooked.

• La
            lastorm2 Mar 25, 2012

This contest is in fact a scam. There's no way for anyone to even vote for your pets pic w/o giving up a phone number (cellphone) that states in the fine print you will be charged $9.99/mo. You can input a landline no. then a popup tells you to put in a legitimate cell no. but there's a pass link you can click on. You then have to go through two more marketing screens which you can alao click pass on. When you get to the pic you want to vote on, click on it..your vote does not get counted. You'll notice if you check on all the photos entered, they all have only one or two votes. My email is flooded everyday with junk from GAPC about how my pet has been picked by the publishers as one of the most adorable. They are nothing more than a marketing scam! Boston Terrier owner

• Il
            I Love My CHI Sep 28, 2011

I also received emails saying that my Dog's photo had been selected to be published in the book. I look at it this way, if they really think my dog is as adorable as I think he is they will put him in the book regardless of me sending them money! I am waiting it out, when I see the book for sale I will look through it & IF I see my handsome boy in the book, I will send them some money, I will order the book from them!! Then & only then will I send them money! I have heard of this contest being a scam over & over. I have been conned before & I am not sending anyone any of my hard earned money until I have proof that they held up their end of the deal :) I would love to see my dog in a book, I think he deserves it...then again, I am partial to him!!! Anyway, my opinion is that it is a scam of some sort...We shall see!!!

• Ad
            ADogOwner14 Jun 14, 2011

As A Dog Owner When I Saw This Contest Application Ad & Form. I'm Hoping This [Isn't A Con Test], Is A Legite One. The Reason Is That I Have Some Good Fun Looking Pictures Of My Dog For Everyone Else To See[As I See Thiers ]And To Win Some Money.
            Kindly Let Me Know If I Or My Wife Should Enter This One. Thank You.

Great American Photo Contest — Total Ripoff

These guys want you to submit a photo of your child or pet for the supposed "Great American Photo Contest"...

The Great American Photo Contest — Scam

I am a new proud parent of a now 7 month old baby girl! in October of 2009 i was contacted by a company...

The Great American Photo Contest — Unauthorized charges

I sent them $20 so my baby could be entered in a contest and never heard anything else. They just kept...

Great American Photo Contest — Scam and cheating

I got a letter in the mail back in August telling me that my son was eligible to published in a book entitled...

The Great American Photo Contest — Bait and switch

This website (http://www.greatamericanphotocontest.com) is a scam. I, being a new parent, thought it would be...