The Coca-Cola Companydiet coke feisty cherry

M

Back in June I was curious about the new Diet Coke Feisty Cherry, but I was a little nervous because the label did not mention any ingredients that could be "feisty". I do not have any allergies, so I gave it a try. I feel stupid now that it never occurred to me that "feisty" could mean "spicy chili". But Coke would never put anything in it's products that could hurt people without labeling it properly, right? There's a warning to Phenylketonurics on the label, so... what happened? Why the purposeful withholding of ingredient information that could harm someone? Did they think no one in the world is allergic to chili? Really? 7 Billion and none of us are allergic. Right.

So no, I'm not allergic. But I do have some very painful dry mouth symptoms from medications that made that one sip excruciating for about 5 minutes. I finally drank some milk. Not enough, so I made it a full, tall glass. And then another one, which I stopped nursing after I had about half of it. I'm thinking a good 20 oz. of milk. And 5 minutes of pain. Way to go Coke.

So how exactly is this legal? Is no one enforcing the labeling requirements of edibles in the U.S. any more?