The Bureau of Immigrationimmigration officer behaviour

S Dec 14, 2019

Date - 8th Dec
Terminal 4
Timing - Approx 2.30pm

I was travelling with my wife and her parents from Hanoi with connecting flights back to India. As the terminals were different and we had to collect our luggage before boarding our connecting flights back to India we weren't sure if we needed to fill in the landing forms.

Before the immigration clearance we went to the help desk and we were told that we need to fill in the landing form, but as we were in transit we could leave the 'address in Singapore' section blank.

We stood in our respective queues and while I was going through my immigration I noticed an immigration lady officer screaming at my 69 year old mother in law as her landing form was incomplete. She had not filled in her Singapore address, contact number and final destination. She embarrassed the senior citizen to a level that she was almost in tears.

An error can be made by anyone, but screaming at the passenger is not the solution and that too a senior citizen. I am sure you have this on camera and hope you take corrective action. A notional position of power was being misused for self ego. I am sure Singapore has respect towards senior citizens.