Menu
Home Photo Services The Blue Rooms Photographic Studios Scam
J
Author of the complaint
9:48 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 28th August 2018 I took my daughter for a photo shoot at The Old Street Studio who are used by a Company called The Blue Rooms Photographic Studio. This company kept popping up on my Facebook page and I thought I could give my daughter a treat for doing well in her exams. I sent a picture of her and was called back by a lady who informed me of my appointment date and time and asked or £50 deposit to be refunded when. I received a brochure in the post from them prior to my appointment and I was under the impression that I could buy individual photos which was stated in the brochure. After the photos were taken we was ushered into a room and a lady showed us on her computers the photos, which she clicked through quickly. She then rushed her way through a speech and showed me a document of buying a portfolio for my daughter to become a model. I said I couldn't afford it and she said we will give you a discount and started working out some sums on a calculator. She used pressurised sales tactics and falsely led me to believe that I needed a portfolio package which cost £2000. I was coerced into paying £350 and was told that I will need to pay an additional £266.67 over 6 months before I receive this portfolio. I came home with nothing. When I got home I read reviews on this company and saw that they have scammed several people who have lost money. I contacted my bank, put in a dispute to get my money back and cancelled my debit card. I also wrote the Company a letter stating that I wanted my money back as I was pressurised into buying a portolio package which I did not want, They replied saying that I signed a contract with them and they will not be refunding me. The dispute with the bank was also unsuccessful as this Company refuses to refund me. Since then I have received numerous telephone calls and emails from them demanding the rest of the money. I recently received a letter from them stating that I have breached their credit agreement and they will be referring the matter to a collection agency. I do not know what to do as I do not want bailiffs turning up at my house to repay something I have not received.

Helpful? 13 0
6 comments
T
May 07, 2022 9:48 am

I am taking my daughter to blue rooms for a photo shoot after reading these reviews I really don't want to take her but don't want to let her down at the same time as she's so looking forward to having a photo shoot what am I letting my self in for ?

J
May 07, 2022 9:48 am

Did they ever send the debt collectors?

W
Mar 24, 2022 9:48 am

Same thing happening to me now with phone calls. I am going to see citizens advice for more advice on this matter. Scammers .please stay away and avoid .

A
Aug 12, 2021 9:48 am

I'd really like to know whether you got your money back or if they did go as far as sending round debt collectors. I am considering taking the same course of action but don't know if it'll be worth it.

4 2
N
May 16, 2022 9:48 am

Thank you.. I was scared they would send the debt collector as they are sending me many threatening letters.

S
Oct 20, 2021 9:48 am

I am now beginning the process of taking this matter all the way through small claims. It would be worth the money to stop them, rather than them get the money illegally and immorally.

3 0
ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

11 complaints