The Blue Roomsscam

J Nov 17, 2018

On 28th August 2018 I took my daughter for a photo shoot at The Old Street Studio who are used by a Company called The Blue Rooms Photographic Studio. This company kept popping up on my Facebook page and I thought I could give my daughter a treat for doing well in her exams. I sent a picture of her and was called back by a lady who informed me of my appointment date and time and asked or £50 deposit to be refunded when. I received a brochure in the post from them prior to my appointment and I was under the impression that I could buy individual photos which was stated in the brochure. After the photos were taken we was ushered into a room and a lady showed us on her computers the photos, which she clicked through quickly. She then rushed her way through a speech and showed me a document of buying a portfolio for my daughter to become a model. I said I couldn't afford it and she said we will give you a discount and started working out some sums on a calculator. She used pressurised sales tactics and falsely led me to believe that I needed a portfolio package which cost £2000. I was coerced into paying £350 and was told that I will need to pay an additional £266.67 over 6 months before I receive this portfolio. I came home with nothing. When I got home I read reviews on this company and saw that they have scammed several people who have lost money. I contacted my bank, put in a dispute to get my money back and cancelled my debit card. I also wrote the Company a letter stating that I wanted my money back as I was pressurised into buying a portolio package which I did not want, They replied saying that I signed a contract with them and they will not be refunding me. The dispute with the bank was also unsuccessful as this Company refuses to refund me. Since then I have received numerous telephone calls and emails from them demanding the rest of the money. I recently received a letter from them stating that I have breached their credit agreement and they will be referring the matter to a collection agency. I do not know what to do as I do not want bailiffs turning up at my house to repay something I have not received.