The Berry CompanyYellow Pages

J

We had paid for our year of outrageous service which did not benefit us. When they called to renew I indicated I did not want the same service as it was outrageously priced and we received no referrals from the yellow pages. I was to have bare minimum with option to cancel as we were not happy with service. If anyone listens to the recording, this should be stated, but it appears things conveniently disappear on their end. I contacted centurytel as this was our service provider. We changed services through them and they never stated the Berry company had to be contacted as I assumed I was done with them. Then I get a bill from Centurytel for the amount of 517.30 as we failed to complete our contract which is an extreme amount as we are a small business that had stated we did not need their services. I made multiple contacts with Berry and only spoke with one person who said it would be reviewed. All other contacts involved me leaving a message with no response. I contacted centurytel on numerous occasions and they actually had a supervisor or worker contact Berry and leave messages as well so I have documentation of that through centurytel. Finally, they gave me a number to call directly and I received a disgruntled employee who had left Berry due to their practices. She gave me te number directly to Kevin Albrecht who stated he had escalated my issue to John Gulas who was directly affiliated with Berry. I never received a response. I received in the mail a letter from the collection agency to collect a debt for the amount of $517.30 and was never contacted by John Gulas. I contacted Kevin Albrecht again who stated he would have John Gulas contact me. I gave him until 5:00 p.m. on 2/16/11. There was still no response. After reviewing the information here, I can see this has been an ongoing issue with them. I am truly frustrated by this entire process. They are horrible to deal with and I caution others in dealing with them.

• Me
    melissa norman Dec 30, 2015

After witnessing my employers stress and frustration with the complete ineptitude of the associates, marketing and management of The Berry Company, I will be sure to steer clear of doing business with them, and urge anyone else who is considering using this company for Marketing the rethink using them.

• De
    Derfo Mar 13, 2013

Terrible company! I wish they didn't exist!

• Gp
    G. P. Oct 24, 2011

We have had exactly the same experience. DSL service from CenturyLink/CenturyTel is nothing short of fraud. They don't have the capacity to provide the service they are selling -- and that is from their tech support people!

• At
    atomicclock Oct 21, 2011

I am in Columbia Missouri and we are having the same problems. The DSL is almost nonexistant. What I have learned after many many talks with tech support is that CenturyLink (Tel) have few servers and too many people using a certain bandwidth. Example: Our area has 22 gauge wires and they do not work well for internet, too small. The highest bandwidth we can get here is 3.0MBs, which does not work at all, so we went down to 1.5MBs. I am guessing that MOST of the people in our area are trying to use the 1.5 MBs. Basically that means that Centurytel has only a nominal amout of servers which are now overloaded with customers, subsequently no one gets good DSL speed.
    I was told that we are GUARNTEED 80% of the DSL speed promised. Im getting 0.11MBs. Thats a long way from 1.5. We are looking into another ISP.