TexanPlusPatient care and family care

A

Texan plus sucks!!!
If you can at all afford anything else, do so. My mother had surgery on her hand. She was sent home to recuperate. She lives with me, my husband and 2 sons. She had a reaction to the pain meds and was hallucinating. We called dr and we're told to go to er. She was admitted. We requested that she be discharged to a skilled nursing facility temporarily. She is a fall risk, cannot dress herself, she cannot get herself to the bathroom or "tend to her needs" once there. So I have to stay up at night to take care of all these things.In the nights after surgery I was up until 4 every night. My husband would wait to go into work so I could nap. I was barely functional for my family. That was why we asked for her to be discharged to skilled nursing until she could do these things better. They have an appeal process.
They send me a form. I fill it out and send it back.In 30 days we will have an answer!!! So, she will be discharged to home and I will get to be a zombie for my family. Thank you for nothing!!!