Menu

P
Author of the complaint
11:47 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

When researching virtual physicians, Teledoc's website showed up with, "Our primary care physicians are licensed and experienced in family practice and internal medicine, and are specially trained to deliver high-quality virtual care. " as seen on their webpage: https://teladochealth.com/primary-care/ (which I did save a copy of this website)

However, when speaking with a doctor, he said we need to go local for care. Charged the $75 fee. This is NOT primary care, but substitute care... when calling, they give you a HUGE run around, "it depends on your plan". So I asked, "which plan do I need?" and she said, "oh uhm, well, you're safe pay. It would be in your insurance." So I opened a new browser to act as though as I as signing up, there's no request for insurance, nor is there a place which states you cannot get a primary care physician.

They speak in circles to try and confuse you, but I know double-talk. When I called her on it, all she could repeat was, "I apologize for the inconvenience", without ever directly answering my question.

BEWARE! DO NOT USE THEM! They also 'decide' if they will prescribe your meds. What are they good for? Well, taking money for sure. But not much else. Oh yes, the double-talk.

This website needs to be shut down for fraudulent advertising.

1 comments
S
Sep 06, 2021 3:49 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The Teladoc Registration Agreement that every Member agrees to when they register specifically states "Telemedicine can be used for diagnosing, treating, and prescribing medication, however cannot be used for emergency services or to replace your primary care physician and Teladoc does reserve the right to deny care for potential misuse of services." Teladoc Providers CANNOT be used as Primary Care Physicians. The Agreement nullifies anything the Member has received in the mail that says otherwise.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

102 complaints