Tarps PlusFraud

After checking out many tarps online I ordered a 24'x30' Tarp from Tarps Plus 38940 Trade Center Dr. Palmdale, CA 93551 based on the description found on their web site<br />
http://www.tarpsplus.com/poly-tarps-single-tarps-silver--black-tarps.html<br />
It was described as a "SUPER HEAVY DUTY BLACK OUT TARPS. The most durable and shields the best against the sun.Silver/Black Poly Tarp - Super Heavy Duty Poly Tarpaulin <br />
7.0 oz. Per Square Yrd. - 1200 Denier - 14x16 Weave Count" <br />
The 7.0 oz per square yard was a little heavier than some of the competitors tarps so I decided on the Purchase from Tarps Plus.<br />
I received the tarp and began to put it up on my tent frame, the first thing I noticed was it seemed a bit light duty for what I was expecting, and the grommets were about pulling out when installed, one corner actually ripped of and I had to use another means to hold it to the frame. I figured something had to be wrong so began checking into what I received. First off the shipping weight was only 22 lbs, that did not add up as the square footage at 7 oz per square yard would mean the tarp should of weighed in at around 34 lbs. I sent an email out to Tarps plus at that time letting them know what I had discovered, but because of the time involved in getting a new one in from another company I was forced to use what I had ordered from them.<br />
2 weeks went by with no response, my lawyer who is a friend of mine suggested I re contact them and try to return the tarp as they had falsely advertised the product.<br />
I received an email back from them after I had told them I would report them to the authorities.<br />
They wanted me to send in pictures of what I claimed seemed to be the problem showing all the damage. I got back to them again explaining the overall weight of the tarp which explains all that needs to be explained. In other words I purchased a 7.0 oz per square yard Tarp and received a 4.5 oz per square yard tarp from them, what more need to be said, I cannot take a picture of the lack in material, they need only to check the shipping bill and do the math. Other companies that sell tarps of the same heavy duty 6 oz and 7 oz material tell me that size tarp 24x30 that they sell weigh between 30 and 36 pounds depending on 6 oz or 7 oz<br />
I seem to be getting know where with tarps plus.

• Bo
    bowfishn Aug 03, 2009

They have since this complaint and my filing with the BBB refunded the full amount to my account.

Johnybegood50 Jan 07, 2010

Billboard Tarps from my seller. I assume all tarps are this way but for sure mine was from one dealer so beware of all the tarps!
    I just bought two tarps. The first was really nice looking and I felt it was exactly what I needed for protecting my house I am building. I was wrong. It started coming apart and is leaking very much.20x60 feet. I got me another one and after I unfolded it and very sticky folds it looked like someone shot it with a shotgun. These tarps are hyped up to be something they are not. The material used is not strong enough to hold in a wind or heavy rain downpour. They need to make a tarp with a rubber coating, not vinyl. Rubber will give a lifelong use if embedded over webbing. So far I have not seen a tarp made to hold up within a cost I can afford for small uses. These tarps develop splits. They must be taped over in order to hold out. I recommend to buy some strong duct tape that will adhere to these tarps. These tarps are called "billboard tarps." They do leak. They do tear, They are not waterproof, only in a few sections as the other sections let go. I was told I could be given a refund and that I was the only one that complained!