Tanzanite internationalrude pushy dishonest sales

I went to tanzanite international to buy a piece of jewelry from the trunk show. I had a vip card and a 'same as cash' check issued by the shopping expert on the cruise line. Marie, the sales lady, said that they would not take the 'same as cash' check because my discount was already so great. She had to call issaiah, the manager (?) over. Issaiah disappeared for awhile to 'check' to see if they could take the check. Meanwhile, marie took the opportunity to berate me for not disclosing my discounts up front. When issaiah returned, he told me that they could only discount the piece $25 more (even though the check was for $50). When I said, 'no', issaiah then disappeared for a while longer (he allegedly had to go across the street to diamonds international to ask that manager). Marie then started lecturing me again about disclosing my discounts up front. Issaiah finally returned and gave me the full discount. The ammolite pendant was originally marked over $1000, and I got it for under $300 after all the discounts. Marie apparently was pretty mad about the entire transaction, so she took the opportunity (for a final time) to berate me in front of the manager about showing my discounts up front. She also belittled me by acting like the common jewelry box and paper bag would be special to me (like I have not ever shopped at a fancy jewelry store before I guess??)
At any rate, I would not shop at di or ti ever again. I certainly believe all the stories online about people getting scammed regarding the quality of stones and falsified appraisals.
The sales people are rude, disrespectful, and pushy.
The shopping experts on cruise ships are provided with the jewelry that they wear (aka display so you will want to buy it) for free from the stores. The stores pay a promotional fee to be included in the shopping experts sales talks. Because they pay the cruise lines, you will not get any support from the cruises in reference to rude behavior or dishonest tactics.

• Da
    Davidheran Sep 14, 2010

I don't really understand the complaint if at the end the customer got over 70% discount and the people at the store agreed to honor the card. The salesperson may have acted wrong but it sounds like the manager accepted the customer's request...