Swift Transportationterrible experience!

[For all those company people, i.e. Current Drivers, little girls in the office or anyone else currently employed by Swift You may post as many rebuttals, explanations or statements of disagreement as you like, however I will not respond further to anyone from Swift. ALL relevant facts are stated herein]. This correspondence is written by a past employee in an effort to solicit participants to determine feasibility of a possible class action lawsuit against Swift Transportation for violation of Federal Labor Laws and/or the FLSA. Lets start with Swift Driving School: A prospective Driver enrolls in the School, fills out all the paperwork, continues through School and graduates, is assigned a mentor then graduates and is assigned his/her own truck.

Part of the required paperwork to be signed prior to starting School is a Tuition Reimbursement Agreement to be payroll deducted -- {paraphrased clause} In the event the Driver's employment ends, Swift may withhold the employees last payroll check to be applied toward any remaining unpaid balance due on Tuition.

(A)Swift policy states that Drivers who are on duty, not driving will receive breakdown pay and/or reimbursements for overnight motel bills, or both.

(B)Federal Law states: a Driver is on duty, not driving, waiting on a dispatch during a 7 day period, the Driver drives a total of 800 miles for a week @ .34 per mile = $272.00. On duty time = 56 hrs. Average hourly rate = $4.85 per hr. The Driver must be paid equivalent to $5.85 per hr. Federal Minimum Wage.

(C)Federal Law requires ALL Swift Drivers who are on duty between Monday thru Sunday of ANY week, to average $5.85 per hour for all on duty hours, it DOES NOT matter how many miles are driven. (this includes time waiting on a load or any other on duty time)

(D)Example: After your home time ends (on Sunday) and you receive your first dispatch to begin your next 14 day work period (on Monday), your payroll check for week 1 should not be less than $409.50 and, your payroll check for week 2 should not be less than $409.50, it does not matter how many miles are driven.

(E)You are a past employee Driver and have received phone calls or a correspondence from Collect America Commercial Services, Inc. 16011 College Blvd. Suite 101, Lenexa, KS 66219 regarding a debt owed for Swift Driving School and you did not receive your last payroll check or your last payroll check did not include pay for which you submitted BOLs or receipts.

Once a Driver's employment ends with Swift, the unpaid tuition balance is turned over for collection. The Driver's last check is withheld by Swift. The amount of unpaid wages and any other money owed to the Driver IS NOT deducted from the outstanding tuition balance that Swift attempts to collect. Federal Law requires ALL earned wages to be paid.

Current and past employee's who are interested in the possibility of recovering back pay and wages due, please respond to this complaint. Current employees please do not disrupt the work place or solicit participants on company time or on Swift premises.

Respondent's, please understand we will need 10-15 willing participants who will be directed to a website for screening at a later date. This will prevent company management from posing as a participant or interfering with the effort. The website and additional information will be posted here, please check back every week or two for the next several months.

• In
    internalvoice Aug 01, 2008

Please email me the laws in which you cited. I am currently researching this company as one of its former drivers, and I would greatly appreciate these references. I could really use them. Thank you

• Er
    erik Oct 22, 2008

swift is a horrible company and need to get a law suit .swift is nothing but full of hot air and enjoy taking money off there drivers i hop that this company go under because they do not care as long as they are getting there money they need to be taken down and treated as they treat there employers like crap and just mile monsters they are nothing but users and abusers but this will not happen because there are plenty of idiots they can higher to take the drivers place biggest best company for who themselves

• Wa
    Walter Bott Jan 21, 2009

I just got a letter from the Secretary of State in my home state of Michigan saying that the state of Tennessee sent them a letter saying that the CDL testing that I was given at the Swift driving school was not done in accordance with Tennessee state law and was therefore invalid. I worked for Swift for almost 2 years and therefore paid in full for my training. If you know of anyone who is filing a class action lawsuit against them for this please contact me at ([email protected])

• Mr
    mrooker Jan 22, 2009

My husband also worked for swift. We are stilling paying for the schooling and we also received the same letter from the secretary of state yesterday. We are interested in filling a lawsuit but don't know how to go about it. Please contact us with any info ([email protected])

jamie Jan 24, 2009

I also worked with swift and found out just how bad a company they are. there has to be something the drivers can do, but yeah with all the other drivers that are recruited into their little circus do not know better so its hard to fight. When i was out last i drove 3300 miles and i only brought home 348.oo . They had ways of taking money from drivers and covering it up in a good way. I love to drive and do not mind to stay out but, when you dont make money like u should and you dont eat some nights because you are broke. Yeah that puts a bad taste in your mouth. i was sitting alot also because of poor planning. My DM didnt want us drivers to call . If we wanted to talk we had to use Qauilcom. Wheres the team work? Drivers are the ones that the company depends on and make the company stand out. Swift treats drivers like dirt and dont care for them or their families. swift uses drivers and abuse them to make money off them so they benifit themselves insted the company and drivers (all employees) as a team.

• Te
    terry Feb 16, 2009

i need info on lawsuit if any i want thought the school and now liveing in ca i work for another company but got sent a latter saying my cdls ere no good and i needed to retake the writen and the driving test over i would love to beablw to get my money back from the school they have mesed my life up tnks

chad Feb 28, 2009

i just nearly lost my job due to the fact that apparently, i was driving for swift and my training was not valid in state of tennessee. i had to go through all the test for kentucky and surrender my liscense. on top of that, i had to pay for someone to ride with me untill i passed the tests again. i have been embarrassed and upset about this. so what i am saying is that i have been driving illegally all this time. all the time i drove for them was a lie. something should be done about this. now it shows on my mvr that my liscense has been surrendered at one time and this will affect my future jobs. they are looking at everything these days and this economy where it is now this will keep me from getting the job i deserve. i want to be reimbursed for all my time and driving of my life. that was spent with swift. i was driving illegal period. i can be contacted at [email protected]

• Mo
    Mona H. Mar 09, 2009

My husband and I are former employee's who drove for Swift Transportation, and was also under paid as team drivers. To add insult to injury, we recieved a letter from within our state's DMV stating that our Class A CDL are being revoked by March 25, 2009 due to fraudulent activities Swift Transportation, in Millington, TN was investigated for. I am so furious with Swift. At this point, we have to take EVERYTHING over again. We now have to find a certified trucking school to do all the skills tests over which is causing additional payment of $2400.00, which for the both of us would be $4800.00, which we don't have. My husband was laid off in December, and I am the only source of income, and we're barely making now. In the meantime Swift has taking advantage of so many people in this hard economic times. Please sent whatever additional information your able to supply. Thank you
    [email protected]

• Fa
    fatcat1031 Mar 24, 2009

swift is a terrible co.-i have never worked there-was a o/o for 25 yrs just recenntly retired. met many swift drivers @ various paper mills, etc. what u all should do is join OOIDA-cost just 45 $$$ yr-get enough of u together-in fact-i think they already have a suit against swift-join in. u can call OOIDA @ 1-800-444-5791. tell them member 537 sent you and u might get a discount.trucking can be a good career if you are with the right co, but a nightmare if u r with a co. like swift. schneider, interstate dist and roehl are the best 3 with roehl being top dog.
    dont give up driving or your pursuits against swift.

• Sh
    shrek580 Apr 13, 2009

add me to the list [email protected]

• Tr
    trucker 13 Apr 23, 2009

i just got a letter from georgia drivers services saying i have to take all my testing over too. i am still driving for them but about to leave because my lease will be up on my truck and i can't get the ither job til i get my cdl fixed. there is a lawer in tennesse call him if you got the letter too...his name is Bill Burns his number is 901-578-3528 choose option 2 and then option 1 for his extension. leave him a message. they are working on a class action lawsuit.

• Pa
    Paul Apr 25, 2009

Mr. Burns at Watson & Burns is representing a driver Class
    Action lawsuit against Swift for Millington, TN C.D.L. School testing "irregularities". phone number 901-578-3528.
    email: [email protected]
    I just signed up as GA DDS replaced my CDL"A" with a
    regular "C" license, after I got the letter saying I have to retest by June 12, 2009. I paid $3000. in 2005-2006 to Swift and have driven
    OTR for over 3 years. To me Swift's actions represent a grave
    threat to drivers ability to make a living, and they should pay for their unethical, immoral, and illegal conduct.

• Be
    Beverly M May 11, 2009

I feel the same way that Paul does I went through the training with Swift and three years later find out that all the hardwork and the time spent learning how to drive trucks was all in vein. i received the same letter saying that I have to retake everything over, because I was not properly trained threw these people. I want to be apart of this lawsuit agiainst them. It is not fair to us as drivers to have to endure such mess as this we earned our CDL and they should pay. Add me to the list [email protected]

Beverly M
    Georgia

• Je
    Jess Jun 12, 2009

all this [censor]in and moaning, i cant find a real lawsuit, I want my $$$ back from swift and $$ lost because of their greed . please contact on action at [email protected] Thanx Driver

• Ti
    Tinda Jun 22, 2009

I agree with the complaint but i have an addition as well I went to thier driving school in Millington, TN in June of 2007 i was also forced to sign the agreement or not continue with the schooling. I was sure I failed the tests for backing. I was told I passed. I then went on to a mentors truck and was gone with him 2 hours before he told me what happens in the truck stays in the truck. Then he would get angrier and angrier.as the week went on cause i sucked at backing and he said his job wasnt to teach me but to help refine my skills i should already have. the third day he let me drive and then said he was gonna go to memphis and slap my instructors cause a trianed monkee could do better than me at driving then he was telling me about sleeping with his last students sister and the prostitutes he bought himself and his student while they were in nevada he kept saying how he was gonna put me of his truck he scared me goin g over donner cause he kept smoking the brakes and i thought once they were actually on fire but he said no and finnaly we made it when we finnaly got to a shipper in pheonix he wasnt allowed to deliver there yet so they sent him out the gate saying that he could deliver the next day so he parked on the street there and proceeded to drink untill he passed out after he passed out i went to sleep I woke up 3 hours later to the truck moving backword with him behind the wheel. we pulled into the terminal in pheonix and I told some one there and security had me escorted off his truck after he came back from leaving me at the terminal alone with all my stuff in his truck. that was one week my next three weeks i was put in a truck with a man who was actually seriusly in an anger managment program and seemed to be failing he was always screaming and threatening me and then he went into this trip where he wouldnt let me shower for 4 days cause he didnt want the truck to stop everytime i stopped the truck hed come flying out the sleeper screaming and he consistantly kept me away from the qualcomm going so far as to sleep with it hed make me hide in the back behind the curtain so he could pee in a bottle while still driving down the road and then he made me wet my pants cause he refused to stop the truck so I could use the rest room. when my driver manager finnaly gave me permission to get off his truck she told me to pack up cause he was headed to a terminal and to get off there. I was packing and he caught me and he put me out at the flying J on I-10 at the california arizona state line when I called swift and told them that i was gonna need a ride back to a terminal or bus station they asked me what i did to him like it was my fault I was told he had a good track record for students and it must have been me (I was his third student). so they sent him back and told me if i wanted to get a ride I HAD to get back on his truck or i was on my own. so i did he took me to the wron terminal he left me there no one at the terminal would take me to the bus stop and then swift made him come in on his day off and drive me to the bus stop and he did and threatened me the whole time on my way there he started making ### up that he said he was gonna tell my dm i did and saying I was gonna be sorry I didnt let him finish my training. my third mentor was given two weeks to teach me what the other two didnt and he gave up time and money to teach me. (no complaints with him) Well i got off the last mentors truck in early sept and i worked till the rest of my contract was up. I got svc failures assigned to me due to weather conditions and shut down roads I took late loads they swore there wouldnt be any svc failures on then recieved them anyway. I worked as much as possible when I needed clean clothes I was told to take that time out of my sleeping time and i wasnt allowed to take time off for that. I wasnt paid for weeks sometimes up to a month at a time and I never got pay check stubs from june on they just quit sending them too me. so I had nothing to show where my money was going without going to the kiosk and checking they had me on the perdiam even after i opted out 3 times and I finally quit when they hadnt paid me and turned off my advance for that week even though i told them I needed it cause i had no food and i was diabetic. they kept me away from a terminal and they didnt get me home till id gone hungry 3 days chewing sugared chewing gum i bummed off some one so i wouldnt have the shakes soo bad. when I got to the terminal i had already informed them i was quitting and they had some one there waiting on my truck when I pulled up. I hope you guys win a ### load of money and put them under. my last job I just lost in febuary cause of swift as well cause i lost my CDL thanks to the shady practices of thier academys. Working for swift is like going to hell.

• Qu
    "CURLYTHEWISEGUY" Jun 27, 2009

Hope you all take them to the CLEANERS, an they put them in jail. The same with Central Ref. out of West Valley Utah..

• Dp
    dpacechapman Jul 22, 2009

Ms. Monti (HR Director):

I thank you for taking the time to look into my situation. Although I still feel that I have been retaliated against for my complaint lodge against my mentor back in 2007, what can I say ... you can't fight city hall.

After acquiring the experience I needed to become a better driver for Swift, I thought that things could have worked out this time with Swift.

Moreover, I figured that once my personal legal child custody issues and the problem of dealing with a difficult mentor was alternatively managed, I would be able to return to Swift with greater success.

However, after speaking with your representative yesterday, whoever he was--according to him, that would not be possible: which is unfortunate.

You see, the actual truth is, I never decided to really quit, the Swift representatives decided to quit me themselves and I went along with their decisions and simply moved on. After my complaint[s], that was the way things were actually handled. I am just a driver. What was I going to do?

In the beginning, the Swift representatives said that they would, once I began to work for Swift, install an inverter for my c-pap machine: Swift reneged on that [an ADA violation].

Then, while I was in Montana on a run, my ex-wife called me and told me that she had put our son on a bus back to Eureka: what was I going to do?

Finally, my mentor wanted me to drink highly caffeinated drinks and, later, drink alcohol to help me to sleep while in route. I refused. My mentor was not happy with my refusal to drink alcohol. At that time, I was sick with diarrhea and because I had to make several stops to relieve myself, my mentor physically threatened to throw me off the truck [in the middle of nowhere in the heat and snakes]. He yelled and screamed at me and I told him to shut up and help me find a bathroom. That was when he threatened me.

After all that and adding insult to injury, Swift decided not to have anything more to do with me.

What a business ... what a business. Whatever.

I want to thank you for looking into this matter. I am glad that somebody has a job. Good day ... madam.

• Pi
    pitbullsandfords Aug 08, 2009

I read all the stuff that was said on here..and figured it was just people that messed up while driving for swift and got fired..well now i know..i went through the swift school in millington..got my cdl, went on the truck with a mentor..wasnt too bad with mentor he tried to get pissy sometimes but i wouldnt take that ### so he chilled out..got done with that..got my own truck..and its been hell every since i scan bols and dont get paid for them..call payroll and ask them whats the deal..they dont know.. swift is a great company for A FEW drivers..i know a few that are doing good here but the rest are treated like ###.i have only been solo for 2 months and this has been the worst 2 months of my life. SO ANYONE READING THIS..THINKING OF GOING TO SWIFT..DONT DO IT...TAKE IT FROM MY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. i know i researched alot before i went to school and i was hoping it was going to be diffrent. so now i owe money for that school that has made me no money.im going home in less than 2 weeks and im turning my truck in..i cant pay bills on 130 dollars a week and running the miles for descent checks..so hope this helps any future driver thats looking to going to swift.

• untaimedspirit Sep 18, 2009

I have to agree with all the disagreement with everyone on this page. I feel your anger and frustration. I am going through the same thing, over at least 400, 000 miles safe on time del and p/u knock on wood no accidents.

Now I’m being told that my CDL is not valid and that I have to re-do everything. My fiance and I team drive for another company, and now everything is on him now, and it takes both of our incomes to make our home work and run smoothly. When I got recruited for truck driving school I was assured by the head hunter that I would receive bonuses for safety, well that was a lie.. I got through the classroom, yard, and then the road and then onto the 1st mentors truck..

What a nightmare, my first mentor was a whack job. I was his first female student, and ladies you can agree with me on this, he had no clue that we females have that famous time of the month. Well you guessed it right.. Made me wait til HE was ready to stop at a truck stop for bathroom break.. And pee bottles!! OMG!! It was disgusting!! Then he wouldn’t let me drive, back or do nothing.. I couldn’t smoke, talk to my man, mind you I had a hands free on my phone.. How was I to learn how to drive the right way if I couldn’t drive on this mentors truck?? While we were at the truckstop and he was in the showerwer I called my fm and told her what was going on, she conqurered that he’s not doing his job as a trainer.. It was time for him to go home and thought that he was going to leave me on the truck for five (5) days with no means of food, bathroom, a place to take a shower, or drink.. He took me to the terminal told me to get my things, (which I had already planned, think I’m going to leave my stuff on a strangers truck!?!?).. I was given a hotel thank god, and the next day I was assigned a new trainer.. I did learn a lot from him..

Starting on my own, well lets see.. They ran me all over Chicago looking for a empty trailer, finally found one after about the 6th stop, picked up my load.. I got to a terminal, sent a message in saying I was out of hours for the day.. Can you believe these ppl got mad at me??!! Sending ppl out to my truck beating on my door asking me why I was there, calling sending me messages on the qualcom.. I mean wtf ppl look at the message that I sent to you early this morning!! So I left the terminal did my del and went home to pack my truck.. One day into my home time, mind you this is the first time I had been home since June 07 and its now Sept 07 they call me asking me why I’m home!!! I’m suppose to be home Is what I told them.. Look at the note on the truck!! Then another incident, I got food poisoning, I didn’t feel safe enough to operate that 80, 000lb vehicle, sent in a message on the qualcom, called dispatch.. You know what my dm did?? Gave me a service failure for shutting down because I was sick.. Now if memory serves me right, didn’t they at Millington, TN say that if you did not feel well and did not feel that you were safe to operate that vehicle to shut down??? Having to sit at a shipper for 18hrs waiting on a load, no pay for that, then they told me to go to another place to load, guess what I sat there to for another 5 hours, and yes you guessed it right I didn’t get paid for that either. And I was to be home that weekend and didn’t make it home. Breakdown a big joke, blew two trailer tires, sat on hold with breakdown line for 2hours didn’t even talk to anyone. Five hours later they finally got the message and sent out someone to replace the tires. Towards the end, I wasn’t getting enough miles, some weeks I didn’t even get a pay check..

I am still paying on my loan through swift but through there collection agency. And now I got that very same letter stating that my CDL is not valid!!! And my fiance and I just got back to work 4 months ago after being laid off.. Now im just flat out furious that I have to go through all of this again.. So why should I have to pay for a loan on a CDL that’s not worth nothing?? I wouldn’t recommend Swift for nothing, not even my worst enemy go check out other truck driving schools..

• Ow
    owner op driver Sep 20, 2009

they got me with that license stuff and i already have mine repaid but as a owner operator. i wish i could get my money back but talking to them is a lost cause. sign me up for the suit. [email protected]

• Sw
    swift driver 2006 Sep 25, 2009

I'm in the same boat, i went thru the swift school in oct of 2006 in millington, tn and been driving for swift for 3 yrs now, was told to come to the terminal in richmond, va and cleaned out my truck and put my stuff in the storage there and then had to take a greyhound bus home to ashtabula, oh. Now i have to start all over and pay $30 to reistate then get a regular permit to drive an auto and then take a test then a driving test, then get a permit for cdl then take the test and a road test. i want to get in on the law suit and also if there is a law suit on not getting paid for the full miles that we should get paid for on a trip. my email is [email protected] and my wife is samantha724752yahoo.com Please email both of us thanks.

• Br
    bromo Feb 18, 2010

I too have been short changed by hundreds of miles on many trips working for Swift Transportation (every mile documented on logs). When I had brought this up with my driver manager "Jenn" out of the Fontana, CA terminal she refused to look into it and furthermore started to "pick" and "dig" trying to find anything to use against me since I had complained that the miles being "shaved" each trip was "extensive". Upon arriving home in California and examining my log book to the pay check stubs I found several trips had a discrepancy of sometimes up to 359 miles missing from my pay! I found local trips which I should have been getting hourly pay, paid by miles!
    ( example: for a nine mile local trip I was paid approximately $2.50 another trip for 30 miles I was paid $9.00) and a few trips I found not to be paid at all.

I had called Jenn the driver manager and the statement she said to me astounded and sickened me, "Nothing she can do" was her statement to me. I have been told three different ways of how Swift pays miles since I had started with Swift in May of 2009. First was "interstate miles" told in orientation. The next way I was told miles were paid (several months later) was a thing called "zip code miles" then finally at the end of my employment with Swift, (bring it up again to driver manager "Jenn") I was told "it's the miles that they send on the qual-comm acconpanying the preplan which the driver should check carefully before accepting the plan"...

I've read all the material issued to me by Swift Transportation and I haven't found it written anywhere which type of miles they really do pay and it seems to me Swift shaves miles with such confidence they must have been doing it for years and getting away with it.

I was ultimately forced to quit. The harrassment was extreme...

On February 3rd, 2010 I had to have the trailer inspected before delivery at the Laredo, Texas terminal. Upon initial inspection the Swift mechanic noticed I had a bad air leak in the red service line. I went into the dispatch office to hand over the bill of lading and explain my truck needed service and to please "re-power" the load. The dispatcher handed me back the BOL stating to me the truck will not be entered into "shop status" until I completed delivery of the load. I explained again that the truck has a bad air leak and is unsafe to drive, and you will be putting myself and the general public at risk of an accident. He said deliver the load then we can put the truck on "shop status". I then stated to the dispatcher if he meant I would be forced to sit unless I delivered this load? The dispatcher just turned away and ignored me busying hisself with the telephone.

I was forced to deliver the load driving with a really bad air leak with the threat of retailation by way of making me sit for days. I then returned to the mechanic area in the Swift terminal in Laredo texas to await repair.

After sitting in the mechanic area parking lot for approximately three days (2/5/2010) I decided enough was enough, not only did they put me down for a phony B-service during that time to further hold me there in Laredo Texas, ( I had just had a B-service done in November and did not need one) Swift refused to fix the air leak forcing me to drive an unsafe vehicle with the threat of making me sit for days on end.. and to add insult to injury shaved off hundreds of miles therefore "cheating" me out of my pay! Since Swift does this with such confidence, I wonder how many other former drivers of Swift had experienced the same or similar situation? During my time over the road working for Swift I had been hearing quite a bit bad remarks from other drivers of other companies that were former Swift employees. One driver actually got mad at me when I said I drove for Swift and then warning me I should get out of there before they rip me off.

I need some legal help, it is clear. I need to know where to begin. Talking to Swift Transportation Payroll, Driver managers etc, doesn't get anywhere and they owe me not only for the pay I worked for, but I feel they owe me for the expense it cost me to get home on my own from Laredo Texas. I literally had to rent a vehicle to transport all my belongings and myself back to Fullerton, California from Laredo Texas and I do not think it's fair. The treatment I received was quite obnoxious and boarders on discrimination to female drivers being taken advantage of by Swift Transportation.
    Brenda E. Romo

• Wi
    Willhar May 31, 2010

I went out went a mentor or that's what they called him. I will call him the mentor from hell. On the very first trip we was driving on route 95 south and I noticed a strange odor which made me sick to my stomach. Well upon further investigating, the odor to my surprise was my so called mentor was in the process of taking a big dump right in the middle of the sleeper. At least he was paper trained because he had a unfolded newspaper under him. When I asked him if he wanted me to pull over to throw the newspaper out he yelled at me because he had not yet read the sports section, which also happen to be the section he was taking a big dump on. He did finally threw it out 4 days and 3 dumps later. Next trip on our fun way to Ohio I was in the back sleeping when I awoke because of the sudden move of the truck. I looked at the driver to see what happened and to my surprise again he was driving, eating and taking a pee all at the same time. During one of the bumps we hit his pee bottle spilled over onto his sandwich which he proceeded to eat it anyways, and even had the nerve to ask me if I would like a bite. After I declined the sandwich he yelled at me all the way to Ohio saying that I had an attitude problem because I declined his sandwich. Still in Ohio, we was at the TA in Lodi Ohio, when I came out of the truck stop I opened the door of the truck and a turd rolled out and fell right on my shoe. I called up Swift and told them about all this and the DM told me to shut-up and just wipe off my shoe and continue to drive. The last straw was I was driving to New York and I did not see my Mentor for hours. Anyways when I pulled over in Buffalo I went back into the sleeper and to my surprise the third time, my so called Mentor was in MY bunk with another guy, do I need say more. When I asked him why he had to use MY bunk they both yelled at me and said that I needed a good spanking. This was the worst several days of my life. My mentor and his new found friend sent me into the truck stop for some Vasaline for their pleasure. Upon my return to the truck my Mentor and his new found friend was long gone. I called Swift again to let them know what happened and my DM screamed at me at the top of his lungs because I did not want to participate with my mentor and his new friend. I asked my DM what should I do now, again he screamed at me calling me a slim, a idiot and many things I will not repeat here. I finally called a friend and he came and picked me up, but after all that I will say I did get a paycheck from Swift. For the week from hell I got a whopping $3.12, and my Mentor got a new co-driver. That, s right his new found friend that I caught him with in my bunk .

• Fc
    fckSwift Jul 10, 2010

Swift is TERRIBLE... I was told that if we had problems with our mentor we were to call and jump off the truck. My mentor was a total dick with anger problems. He would get mad at me if I wouldn't trick the trucks computer with the cruise and drive 70mph. He also cheated both of our logbooks on several occasions and I never once saw him do a vehicle inspection. Long story short... got into a huge fight with the mentor (over not pulling over for a police car) and felt like he was gonna hit me so I left the truck and called Swift... big surprise... no answer. I called 4 times a day for over a month and no one ever picked up or returned my calls. I called safety and some other driver managers and they all told me it wasn't their problem and that I had to talk to the one guy who wouldn't call me back. 3 months later... still haven't heard a word from Swift. Terrible company... they are too big for their own good and treat employees like trash. Thanks for abandoning me Swift!

• Da
    davidepreston78 Aug 01, 2010

I also went thru the school in Millington, TN now I am being told that I don't have a valid CDL. I had to surrender my CDL in the state of West Virginia unless I wanted to take all of the written and skills test over again. And I am still being told that I own the money from the school because I quit Swift right after graduation. I also want to be included in the Law Suit contact me @ [email protected]

• Te
    tepa Sep 11, 2010

DONT EVER WORK FOR SWIFT THEYLL TAKE YOUR MONEY AN YOUR LIFE AWAY!!.
    ive worked for swift 2 months an ive already experienced terrible shyt!i constantly get loads that are in a rush an expect me to be there tha next day.they send you on routes made for a volks wagon in a fukkin truckk!.like seriously, BULLSHYTT!.dont ask for advances cause they offer an offer an they juss take your money away. and you lose tyme with your family jeesz!. im guesssing they dont have a family cause they obviously dont knoe wuh family time is!. i thought having thisz job would make me more money buh shyt i stand corrected!. instead of earning more i lose more lyke wuh tha fukk isz that?.i have a wife and kids an yett i have to leave my wife an let her raise the kidz on her own i cant even see em grow up!.isz like they are juss passing me by!isz fukkinq Up my lyfe!!!DONT EVER WORK FOR SWIFT I REPEAT DONT EVER WORK FOR SWIFT!!!if you wanna keep your money and keep you family take my advice!!!

• Pr
    prodriver Sep 30, 2010

My complaint is different than the licensing issue. I am concerned with lawsuits where Swift has been or is being sued for 'cooking' their drivers. Swift drivers will know about a little something called DCI%. That's the amount of time you, the driver can control your idle. I have received two(2) PCRs this year for it and the last resulted in a three(3) day suspension. Another, and its a five(5) day suspension. It gets hot in those trucks when its time for your break or waiting on a load and I am not the kind to sit in a truck stop all day telling 'trucker stories.' I have a plan for a case using data from studies done about leaving kids in a car, even with the windows down. The car turns into an oven. Trucks are the same way, sure you can buy a fan, but now you're just blowing hot air around, kind of like a convection oven. And the DCI% is ridiculously low, even in the summer it rarely gets above an acceptable 23%, in the winter I have seen it as low as 8%. Plz email me with in relevant litigation information at [email protected] Thx 4 your help

• Kw
    kw_ghost Oct 26, 2010

I am one of the drivers that had their CDL revoked, after driving for Swift for a year. I paid over $5000, not including expenses to attend the Academy in Millington, Tn. I was there for three weeks, and went straight to work for Swift, immediately upon graduation. A year later, I went to transfer my CDL, from S.C., to Fl. and was informed that my CDL was invalid. I was offered a re-test, but who has a tractor just lying around to test in? I think Swift should pay me back every dime that I paid for their bogus school, and pay me for money I should have been making driving a truck since my CDL was revoked. It does not seem that anyone is doing anything about this, and it is EXTREMELY frustrating. If I was barred in the state of TN, I would sue them myself. I at least want my $5000 back, since I ended up with nothing for it. Anyone with info, please e-mail me @ [email protected]

• Al
    alex2093 Dec 30, 2010

I worked for Swift long time ago. Thanks God, I have nevered had any problem with my CDL. Buttttt they have the most lowest people working in Swift, starting with Jerry Moise. These people have no spirit at'll. I use to get pay like 50 to 100 a week driving CA all the time. Now I driving for a Gas company and i making good money, there is allways something good to do with the CDL, dont give up keed your license clean with no tickets and you will be fine. There are a lot of good companies to go for. God bless you all and i wich the best for all American drivers.

• Cr
    CRAZYINDN79 Feb 18, 2011

Well i agree with all of you! I went to school in San Antonio, Tx. and the school was [censor]! When i went out with my trainer he was smoking weed in the truck and refused to let me drive during the day. He also refused to go to any place with snow or rain to let me get any experience with that type of driving. When i went on my own my wife and I stayed out for 2 mo. strait with no home time. We barely ate in the first 6 mo. The loads were [censor]! The pay was [censor]! I had a annual DOT inspection done at the memphis terminal and was dispatched to new york directly after. When i got to new york i ran into a random inspection station in Pavilion, NY. When they inspected my truck they found that the front wheel seals were blown and shut me down. I was towed to Buffalo and lost the rest of my miles on the load. After they fixed my truck I was written up and was told that it was my fault the wheel seals were blown. After that I was written up for idling when it was 12 degrees outside in South Dakota and written up a few mos. later for idling when it was 98 degrees in Atlanta, Ga. The other drivers are rude and refuse to drive. At the Lancaster terminal its always the same drivers sitting there [censor]ing about no miles and wont leave the terminal. Most of the driver managers are full of [censor]. They give the miles to their favorite drivers and leave the [censor] loads for everyone else. They talked me into going O/O after 8 mo. with the company and promised me it would be better. For the next two months I didn't receive a paycheck and was only dispatched on 1500 to 1800 miles a week! Barely enough to cover my truck pmt., my insurance, and my fuel. Also the truck broke down on me 4 times in 2 mos. They gave me a 60 day warranty on the truck then took the money to fix the truck out of my already low paycheck. My D.M. told me it was my fault i wasn't making any money. He refused to give me any miles and kept me sitting for days on end. I turned my truck in on July 9th, 2010. I refused to drive for a company that treats you that badly. I have more stories than that but you get the point. DO NOT DRIVE FOR THIS COMPANY! YOU WILL BE SCREWED OVER IN EVERY WAY! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

• Ap
    apilla78 Nov 16, 2014

i went to swift training school received my class a cdl and swift disqualified me from employment. Karl Bond said I never signed my application is the reason I was disqualified and I asked him to send me all documents that I signed and he denied to do so but not only that he denied to send our phone conversation to my email. Rachel Molina said I was disqualified because of my background...can you see the lies because if my background was so bad why would swift let me continue on with the training course and now I'm doing the best I can to fight this loan cause its on my credit report. email me at [email protected] if you know anything about a lawsuit...I WANT IN!!! oh yeah I just received a settlement from swift regarding background so why should I pay...

• Ck
    Ckimberly Nov 19, 2014

does this also apply to roehl?? my husbands last check was supposed to be $1200 after tax. when he got his statement they deducted all earnings and so his check is nothing. on top of that i talked to a supervisor who stated that we could not get our money back nor will they do a payment plan and that the rest of what we owe is going to collections, i asked her if its going to collections where we are going to do a payment plan then why did you take his whole check. after this she became rude and told me she was no longer going to talk about this with me and if i hand any other questions that i needed answered, i said yes i do, id like the number to the owner or hire ranking person to discuss this matter. she said no and hung up on me. i want to know if this federal law applies to use so that we can get his check back, its winter here in Wisconsin and i have bills to pay.

• Ms
    msteel9009 Mar 08, 2015

I've been treated terribly and no longer want to pursue a career in the trucking world. I have no interest in paying the $4, 400.00 that I will soon be hassled for from their collection agency they use.

• Ti
    Timothy laporte Aug 02, 2016

Swift transport really made me so piss of because they don't listen to lawsuits swift is really so bad hurt people get lousey made little money it bull ### swift have no excuse enough money who people hard work it for delivery I'm just suspire it I got paid roll just 134 for this week I 739 mile same this week other 710 mile this week for together need be like 600 get they give me just 134 that I think need lost swift business it not good job great need be to fix not made sense budage money need more money for only driver must made 500-2000 is good eough staff work made week 800 too shop made a 700-800

Chuck Somers Nov 01, 2018

Driver pulled into an intersection at New Snapfinger and Wesley Chapel Rd in Decatur, Ga at 8:00am 5/16/17, blocking traffic for 2 light cycles. I would think someone with a CDL license would know to not block the grid, whether I-20 is backed up or not!

• Co
    Cowboy Liam Nov 12, 2018

Last week I was on 81 headed North & this Swift Trucker nearly ran me off the road. I thought I was going to die! I didn't get the tag number from the back of the trailer, but it read Indiana. But, the number on the back top area was #170873

• Sh
    [email protected] Jun 09, 2019

One of your drivers deliberately pulled out in front of me causing me to slam on my brakes to keep from hitting him. He clearly failed to STOP. Your company has the worst drivers!! The trailer # is SWFZ131017.

James 93 Dec 14, 2019

A swift driver was standing out side my complex outside his truck smoking weed his name is Kemaree Harris, I thought you guys do drunk text on a regular and he also has someone that doesn't drive truck going to loads with him to help him unload trucks!!!

• Cr
    crystal83 Jan 20, 2020

At around 6:45 am, 1-13-2019, on westbound I-70 in North St Louis (near the Goodfellow exit), the driver with trailer number 135091 ran me off the road. I drive a blue, Chrysler Town and Country and am 7 months pregnant! Luckily for this driver, there was enough shoulder for me to move on to without getting hit or running completely off the road!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices