Menu

E
Author of the complaint
8:13 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had to replace rear passenger-side tire that was damaged due to pothole. Upon inspection, a gentleman whom I suspect to be a service manager suggested new tire to replace the damaged one and provided an exact quote of for the tire and installation. I authorized the installation of new tire, and the associate installed Fuzion 245/45/R17 tire to replace the damaged one. After I making of a payment, the associate told me that since he omitted the labor charge for my convenience, I must pay him some “tip”. I had to pay additional $ 10 in cash as I knew he would not let me and my car leave otherwise.

I strongly think this is not a right practice to force the customer to make such contribution after installation and payment, which mean the sale is completed. Not only it is not right, but also I am sure this is illegal as such cash transaction is not traceable, what definitely IRS does not want to see.

The amount is small and I care less about it, but it is really disappointing to see such practice at one of Sunoco service location, especially at the one on the major interstate highway of New Jersey. Such practice must be eliminated immediately, and prevented not to ever happen to any customer.

Helpful? 0 0
4 comments
G
Nov 30, 2019 8:13 pm

I would like Marissa fired she was very rude to me because her daughter's fixing to work there and we used to date so she rudely ban me from a store when I've done nothing wrong if she is not fired then I will go to the police take legal action if necessary sue the company

B
Nov 24, 2019 8:13 pm

On November 18, 2019 I purchased REGULAR gas and was charged for PREMIUM. I've owned four sedan-style cars and have ALWAYS buy regular. gas. The attendant was very rude, he insisted it's impossible. The first thing I did was google and see that this DOES HAPPEN.
Now my bank account shows I've been charged more than twice what's on the receipt.

View 0 more photos
A
May 26, 2019 8:13 pm

Refuses to tale credit cards. Will only take cash. Will not even tske Sunoco credit card. Also not posted on the machine. This is unacceptable. I expect something to be done as very few people travel with cash. Person inside of store was obnoxious and rude. I had cash but needed to put on an expense report. No receipt either so no reimbursement.

M
May 26, 2019 8:13 pm

Sunoco overcharged my debit card I got $7.70 in gas n they charged my card $75.00

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

198 complaints