StateRegistration.orgrenew registration

When I did a google a search for renewing my registration online, I got stateregistration.org. I n my rush to renew, I didn't realize they were a third party company who charged me a fee for registering my car. I would never have paid an additional fee for a service my local dmv offers for free. Its a scam and they should not be allowed to charge people for a service that is offered fe by the official dmv in my state.

• SusanLilly1's Response, Oct 07, 2019

This site is such a SCAM. I have requested my money back as I have gone to the official DMV webpage & submitted my registration renewal. Shame on these people

• StateRegistration.org Customer Care's Response, Oct 07, 2019

Jules,

The following response was emailed to you on October 1:

1. Our service is not a scam. As stated in bold, prominent places throughout our site, we are a privately owned, third-party agency. We explain that you may either renew directly through your state's DMV portal, or you may appoint us as your agent to renew your registration on your behalf for an additional fee that covers several benefits exclusive to our site, including Night/Weekend Support, Ticket Protection, enrollment in our One-Click Renewal Program, and more. Furthermore, before we accept any funds, we require that each person check a box consenting to our terms and the fact that we are a third-party agency that charges a fee. It is not possible to submit a transaction on our site without first checking that box and signing your full legal name, explicitly acknowledging our third-party status and authorizing us to process your renewal. These disclaimers and disclosures are in place to prevent confusion, not cause it.

2. Your renewal has already been processed with the DMV; it cannot be cancelled at this stage. A confirmation email has already been sent to you.

3. However, since you did not intend to use our site, we've credited our third party agency fee back to your card as a courtesy. A refund credit is on the way back to your account.

It has been our pleasure to resolve this matter for you promptly.

• Updated by Jules Bellamy, Oct 07, 2019

This was resolved to my satisfaction. My account was credited back $20.
    Jules

Ju
Sep 30, 2019

Comments

• Su
      Oct 14, 2019
    StateRegistration.org - website mimics state site for registration renewals and charges unnecessary fees
    [protected]@stateregistration.org

website mimics state site for registration renewals and charges unnecessary fees. I am requesting my money back.

Susan Lilly