Let me start by saying my husband and I are both contractors and are very familiar with the trades, scheduling, codes, and expectations. From the moment our buidling started it was poorly managed and full of flaws. The schedule was changed 3 times resulting in thounsands in flight changes but that was the least of our worries. The home was to be built with all the ammenities that we selected during our nearly 3 hour design selection meeting and $60, 000 in upgrades. From the initial pour of the foundation floor outlets were missed, drain pipes were placed incorrectly resulting in pushed out walls, storage closet was cut down by half without even a notification to us as buyers, copper wire was stolen from the home on 3 occasions resulting in splices between the walls where a homerun circuit should have been, the wrong tile placement was put in the bathroom that was an added expense, the triple slider door was installed inproperly and even the door installers could not figure out how the framers did it, our glass enclosure was installed backwards 3 times with the beveled edge going on the inside leaving sharp edges exposed, deco tile installed upside down in half of the bathroom, 7 windows were not operable and had to be cut out after we were moved in and replaced completely resulting in a safety hazard. Nothing beats the fact that a certificate of occupancy was issued by the Osceola County Buidling Department with the Assumption that the smoke detectors would be installed on the first floor after they left! Yes, I said after they left. The electrical contractor failed to install smoke detectors on the first floor of a 5, 037 sq ft home and the builder never caught it. So on the day before closing they were cutting into my ceiling every 3 feet to run power and smoke detectors in each room on the ground floor and back to the panel with no final inspection. Here is the big finale... last week my microwave catches on fire and the lights go out in my home that is less than 50 days old and the electrician comes out. MY NEUTRAL IS NOT HOOKED UP ON MY MAIN... HUGE FIRE HAZARD! I would not recommend this builder to put up a tent let alone another $400k home. They are not timely in responding to the needs of the client nor do they make their appointments. Less than accomodating for having put one family thru so much building frustration. We knew in advance what we were paying for our home and we were satisfied with the price but after the fact and all the changes in vision and modifications in our home with no notification, no sign off, and no addendums in our favor... my vision changed but my price sure didn't. I received a half built, hazardous home, at a premium, and life risking price!
The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.