SmartSmoker.comBeware of these scam artists!

SmartSmoker - www.smartsmoker.com

I placed an order on smartsmoker.com for three cartons of newports for only $99 and thought what a great deal but then my card was declined and there was a message on the screen that stated if you find this an error hit the back button and review info and try again, so that is what i did and it said card was declined again so i just logged off and said forget it. That is until two days later when i look online at my bank account and there is two charges for $99 from smartsmoker.com. I called them and they stated that they did not charge my card and it was declined. I explained to the girl that the money was being taken out of my account and i wanted to know if they were going to send me the newports. The girl put me on hold and came back to tell me that they would not be sending any products because the card was declined. I asked her if the card was declined why were they taking my money. She stated they didnt take my money they did not receive payment and that i could fax them a copy of my bank statement and they would see what they could do. I asked to speak to the supervisor and was put on hold again, only to be told that the supervisor didnt need to speak to me because she would just be telling the same thing this girl was telling me(which was i made a $200 donation to smartsmoker.com)and they could not do or tell me anything else until they received the bank statement. She also told me not to call until 72 hours after i faxed the statement. I am enraged these people have taken my money and are telling me they did not and i have to jump through hoops to get it back. Thank god i am not broke or i would have a load of bank charges for them charging me not only once but twice. If they say they do not have my money i wonder who does. I would not suggest doing business with these scam artists.

More SmartSmoker.com Complaints & Reviews

• Lo
    logikon Aug 17, 2011

I ordered Smart Smoker on November 17th 2009. It has taken over three weeks to get to me. The first few times I called they told me that I should get it any day. I ask them if there where going to be any extra charges and all they told me was they would extend my trial period. Which was by a couple of days; for a product that I haven't even recieved yet. Before my added trail time, I finally made up my mind that I should go ahead and cancel the order. Previous to attempting to cancel my order they told me that there wasn't anything they could do until I got my kit. The next person I talk to, Christopher, told me that the kit did not have to be post marked or back at the company; all I had to do was to call in and they would cancel my order. Well, I did call back and when I did the woman told me that there wasn't anything that she could do. My second trial time came on December the 7th and I have been trying for days now to just get in touch with someone, because an extra $99.99 has been charged to my account.
    If there is anybody that can do anything about this, please let me know. I just want my money back and I would like to help others avoid this particular company of crooks. I would love to see this company go down.

• Zu
    zubernoodle Aug 15, 2010

I wish I had done my homework about this so called "deal"... I JUST RECIEVED A DEPT. OF REVENUE SERVICES BILL FOR $600.00 ! [censor]! I SAY!

• Ho
    hoppy1680 Mar 21, 2010

Found the ad from smart smokers in all places, my American Legion magazine .. I would hope they would be ligit, but I questioned the issue of taxes in the state of Florida. I would have fell for it if I didn't check all the complaints, and how they don't mention ( they send a tax report to your state) for future collection..Nice try, and I intend to file a complaint with the magazine with all of the above complaints to have this company banned from screwing us vets...

• W11LXY Feb 11, 2010

I got a phone call from this company last week telling me my order was delayed because of they've had lots of orders and can't cope!

I thought it might be dodgy cus I signed up for the 10 day trial and was waiting for 2 week and thought I would have to pay $99.99 if I want to keep it.

But to say sorry for the delay they said I could have it for only $39.99 ... $60 DISCOUNT, it turned up today and they only charged me the $39.99 on my credit casrd

If your worried about your trial and byt he sounds of these comments I wouldn't be surprised if you are then ring them and tell them your not happy and they will give you the same discount - my girlfriend did and she even got $20 extra cartridges FREE!

There number is [protected]-SUPPORT)

• Ca
    cariechambers Feb 03, 2010

They are a total scam. They charged my credit card when the order was sent back to them after such a long wait. It was never signed for by me, returned via Canada Post. The number they provide tells you they are under construction and to visit their website. The website tells you to call the number, visious circle. Total scam company that needs to be removed from the internet. I filed a dispute with my cc company and received my money back, but they are still trying to get the money from them as I had a letter come from the cc company that I had to fill out converning SmartSmoker.com...what hell...I will never order a FREE TRIAL from any company ever again. Its just a scam way of getting at your money for products they KNOW we will not like otherwise they would sell them without a 'trial'. Something has to be done with all these SCAM companies on the internet. The owners need to go to jail!

• Bi
    Birdia A. Jan 25, 2010

I ordered my SMARTSMOKER kit on January 5, 2010. As of today January 25, 2010, I have not received my free kit. I have tried to track it. When I go to track it, all that it say it is that it is awaiting dispatch. I tried calling the customer service number and all I get is that they are going under maintenance. They deducted the $9.95 but I have not received my free trial smartsmoker kit yet. If they are not going to send it I would appreciate them crediting my money back to my credit card.

sal pavone Jan 25, 2010

I am within the time frame to return my smartsmoker kit and they say that I not eligible for returns. Now, they say that they will deduct about 80.00 from my account for the next year. They also say that an order to be returned needs an RAM# and they will not send it to me. without the #, they will not consider the kit returned

• Po
    pound Jan 14, 2010

I'm In the same boat.. No response from them, I closed my credit card...They now have a website.(new).www.smartsmokerhelp.com You get a ticket number and still no response

• Re
    recker Jan 08, 2010

First of all I would point out that there seems to be some confusion on this site. Some are complaining about e-cigs and some about actual cigarettes. The two companies are both different.

I'll comment on the e-cigs. I bought one on the 'trial' and it is just that... A TRIAL. At the end of the trial they charge you for the full $99.99 (I saw it on the credit card page!) They could give you longer to try it but you can't complain about something which you were shown before you bought it. Nobody held a gun to my head to buy it and I do like it. I'm down to 5 normal cigs a day and the Smart Smoker.

Simple way to protect yourself - Just Read!

• To
    T.O. Jan 06, 2010

They charged my card for 99.99 +2.99 before I ever received the 9.95 trial offer. Their phone # is a hoax and nobody responds to emails. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. Product is a piece of JUNK. Thieves, crooks. DO NOT GET MIXED UP WITH THESE THIEVES.

• Do
    DOC J Jan 04, 2010

After several weeks of E-mail battles between Smart Smoker and I they have agreed to return the Toy they sent me and refund the 99.99. Yes it is in there text Buried... You are not given enough time to truly evaluate this product and after testing it, it serves no purpose, and is useless. I have forwarded complaints to the BBB as well as my States Attorney General. Unless they change there way of conduct of doing business in this way, they are in for a long battle with unsatified customers.!

• Er
    Eric the Red Dec 31, 2009

Smart Smoker my ###!!! Thieves. Free trial, Bull Crap!!! Do your homework. its worth it.

• 1t
    1T-Bone Dec 29, 2009

We too have been scammed by them and are out our 99.99. We changed our bank account and have it frozen so they can't take anymore!! We got the starter pack for 9.99 which we didn't even receive until 3 weeks later and they charged our bank account . We had no idea they were even going to do that because we didn't authorize anything. That's why our account is frozen and getting a new account and cards. We found out too late to stop them by 2 hours. We are interested in filing a complaint too. We've been trying to contact them with no luck. Hopefully we will all win and that company will pay fines or go to jail!!!

• Be
    becky7184 Dec 22, 2009

I too was scammed they billed my account for 99.99 and they were suppose to charge only 9.99 if you cancel which we did.. The phone number that we had for them is now disconnected.. Our bank account is a mess with all kinds of insufficiant funds from this... DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!

• Bo
    Bonnie Kielas Dec 04, 2009

Smartsmoker changed my credit card 99.99 and i never ordered any thing from them. Just the free sample pack.

• Ba
    babydoll4164 Nov 26, 2009

Smartsmok.com and getsmartsmoker.com are to totally different companys. getsmartsmoker is a total scam as they offer the starter pack for electronic ciggs and then charge you even more later .. you need to read the fine print. Smart Smoke does report your sales to the state inwhich you live each month. It is the law and it states this on the web site and on the bottom of evey invoice you receive from ordering. It is a federal law. Now what a persons home state does with this information is up to the state. you can file with the tax department your self and pay the required taxes on a regular basis instead or waiting for your state to get around to sending you a bill. Most times the states wait a year or so before they send out the tax bills . Im am unsure as to why they do this. There ae taxes on every thing. It public knowledge that tobacco has taxes. the reporting of these taxes is a federal law called the jenkins act.

Gryph Nov 22, 2009

OMG here we go again! The adds are everywhere! They all lead back to the same thing. Some have "customer" comments with all these awsome accolades how fantastic it is, so I hit the bottom to leave my own comment (warning) and the comments are closed due to "spamming". Go figure right? Ok, no more comments here.

Gryph Nov 22, 2009

You know what is sad? On this very page are 3 ads for the saqme product we are all complaining about. I can't believe they are excepting add revenu from them. Now do I trust this site?

Gryph Nov 21, 2009

I too fell for their con. I ordered on the phone on November 13th. I have yet to receive my kit. I called the number they had given me, [protected], and reached the supervisors desk for a call center but they do not sell this brand. He told me to call on Monday from 9-5 and he thinks there is a side group or something that is running this operation. My 10 days expire tomorrow (it's 10 days from order not rcpt), I have not received anything from them yet, my card was charged the $9.95 and I've no doubt they will charge my card by Monday for the 99.95. I'm going to call my bank and prey they can stop the charge from happening. I don't know why I fell for this...I always tell them no or check the internet first. Plus if you look at the web site's terms and conditions, by filling out the web form and ordering, they authorize themselves to divulge ALL information you gave them: phone, address, e-mail and name. Web address is www.getsmartsmoker.com

madatSMARTSMOKER Nov 16, 2009

BEWARE SMARTSMOKERUSA.COM AND/OR SMARTSMOKER.COM is a SCAM. There are five pages of complaints, all the same you order the starter kit for 9.95 but the so-called company takes 99.99 minimum from your bank account. This time they cheated the wrong person! Having been in the legal field for 25 plus years, I'm going after them. I've filed a complaint with the Attorney General for my state, the BBB and am in the process of instituting a lawsuit, which probably should be a class action suit because NOWHERE ON THE SITE, NOWHERE IN ANY LITERATURE WHATSOEVER is there any indication that once you receive your starter kit, if you don't contact the company within 10 days, you're charged 99.99, there is no end agreement, no small print no where to find this information but you can get your money refunded by your bank once the 99.99 charge hard posts to your account. Keep your receipt for 9.95, take it to your bank once amount has been withdrawn and the bank will refund your money and contact smartsmoker to return the funds to the bank. If the bank can't find the physical process service address, I'll find it eventually and if you would like to join in my fight against this scam please contact me at [email protected] - I'll be happy to advise you on how to proceed to get your money back. THIS IS A SCAM, THIS IS FRAUD AND THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WILL NOT STAND FOR SUCH UNDERHANDED TACTICS - AT LEAST THIS CONSUMER WON'T!!! GOOD LUCK AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED HELP. MA ROBERTS

• P0
    p'oed Nov 10, 2009

I ordered smart smoker for the agreed amount of one payment of $9.99 when i received my credit card statement not only was i charged for 9.99 but also$ 111.08 i am furious and can not contact this company if anyone can give me a tell# would appreciate it
    DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!
    [email protected]

• Pe
    peg Apr 03, 2009

I have been smoking Sky Dancers and the filters didn't bother me until recently~they have a powdery inhaled taste that makes me cough instantly as if I am inhaling some sort of chemical residue which appears to be from the sky dancer light 100's filter as I have broken the filter off and they seem to not have the same residual taste alone.
    I dont buy mine, however, from Smart smoker.com ~ i buy elsewhere thru mail order. peg

• Su
    susan haskins Sep 26, 2008

i purchase the cigs sky dancer ultra lights 100 and when i smoke them they taste like glue please do not send me ant more this is the 3rd time.The glue is making me sick

Susan Haskins

• Pa
    paula Sep 17, 2008

The comment above, I copied and pasted from their website. I was not aware about the tax issues until I read your comments. I guess i need to look into it a little more.

• Pa
    paula Sep 16, 2008

SmartSmoker is currently not required to collect state sales tax for products sold on Native land. Nonetheless, we are required under federal law to report all sales and shipments of cigarettes to the state taxing authority within your home state. You should contact the taxing authority within your state to determine your tax obligation on the use of these products within your state. LINKS TO STATES TAX DEPARTMENTS

• Ju
    Julie R. Aug 18, 2008

I am a very heavy smoker. I usually smoke between two and half to three packs a day of Newport 100's. I live in Illinois where the smoking laws are the most dumbest laws around. You cant smoke inside anyplace, they enacted a law that requires cigarette makers to produce a FSC or fire safety cigarette, that are awful and the tax the hell out of you. So I drive to Indiana once a week and stock up with 3 cartons. I am glad I read this about this company, I was planning on trying them but now I wont.

• Ba
    barbara paula May 11, 2008

i just got a tax bill for $575.00 from the ohio department of taxation.why didnt smartsmoker tell us that they were reporting people to the department? if i had known, i would not have bought anything from them. and i sure wont again...

• Wo
    wormie Apr 26, 2008

I was planning to order cigarattes today from SmartSmoker. So glad I read the complaints first. I'll advise all my smoking friends not to use this web site. Thanks!

• Do
    Donna Cerullo Oct 09, 2007

Consumers beware ! Do not order from this company. Think your saving a lot of money, well you are wrong! This company will report you to your state for taxes, and not right away they must get a kick back from the state because they wait until two or more years have past then they send your invoices to the state and then the state tags you with a huge tax bill that you must pay. Also they tax you per pack! Notice when you go on line they say nothing about the tax only how cheap their prices are.

What I want to know is what's the difference if I go there and buy the cigarettes or if they come in the mail? I live in a state that is smoke free just about every where you go so if I can't smoke in my own state why should I buy the cigarettes here ?
    Whats to say about the people coming over to N.J. to buy the gas here because we have the cheapest? It is the same thing isn't it?
    The goverment is taking way too much money from the little people that are just trying to make a living and trying to save money where they can! They need to tell you about the taxes up front and not 3 years later!