Silverleaf Resortscharges for bonus time

P Jan 17, 2019 Review updated:

I purchased back in 2017 didn't even get to use it that year but I did use it in 2018 had to pay to use points and was able to use my bonus time but came home to a letter stating that when using bonus time will be 25.00 sun thurs and sat and friday is 75.00 its sad because that is the only reason why we purchased it now I am trying to get out of it I purchased at the flint resort we had a meeting and they did not even tell us about the change instead they wanted us to buy more points which I wasn't going to do that I have not paid my maintenance fee for this mon of january and I am not going to pay the mortgage because I cant afford it at all I am wasting my money does anyone have any suggestions about do yall think that they would let me sign it back over to silverleaf?

• Cr
    Crystal Hogue-Garcia Mar 19, 2019

Has anyone noticed the bonus time search has not been working in the last 2 weeks.
    Am I missing something? Im thinking how convenient this is for Holiday Inn Vacations.

• Ri
    Rich 1961 Mar 04, 2019

Richard Franko: We have been owners since 1992. What we bought into is not what we are receiving now.
    1. We have contracts that we could ues the endless escape on a space available basis for 6 days then again after out for one day, there was no charge. We joined because of the Endless Escape that was offered to us with no nightly charge now they are breaking that contract and we have to pay to use it.
    2. We were able to bring our small dogs to their resorts at no charge, then they had a refundable deposit, then it became a non-refundable charge.
    3. The Villages owned and operated the Marina on Lake Palestine, TX but was sold or leased out to become a private marina. At first we were able to launch for free and store our boat in a covered slip and only had to pay a $25 refundable key fee for our entire stay at the Resort. Now we are charged to launch and is $25 per day to keep our boat in slip.
    4. The Water Park was built with the money the owners invested, then turned into a public facility and the only benefit the owners get is a small discount on the tickets, last i checked was $3-5.

I hope that everyone shares their experiences with Silverleaf/Holiday Inn resorts and talks to people that have them and are trying to get rid of them which may cost more than the original purchase price!!