Silver Crest LabsNever got puppy

L Review updated:

We TRIED to purchase a puppy from Silvercrestlabs.com and Patricia was horrible to work with. First, she was great, followed up right away and seemed very professional. That all changed once she got paid, she never returned our calls and when we finally got a hold of her she said "none of the litters had female dogs". Although unlikely, that might have been true but the story kept changing and now wont even answer her phone. I contacted PayPal but they do not cover animals...just my luck.

Long story short, STAY AWAY from silvercrestlabs.com

• La
    Labrador lover Sep 21, 2012

Lol, we did do our research. She was a certified AKC breeder, but thanks for the help! I was trying to warn others so it didn't happen to them, not get some stupid replay from some "know it all"

But, thanks for nothing.

• La
    Labrador lover Sep 26, 2012

LOL, okay Jon you win. For everyone else, watch out for silvercrestlabs.com

• Do
    Dog123 Oct 30, 2012

Was this issue resolved? Also, why does teh AKC matter if you just like the look? Mixing a new breed in is probably a good thing to prevent all the hip problems inbreeding can cause.

• Si
    Silver Crest Labs Dec 14, 2012

I am the owner of Silver Crest Labs. This young man never bought anything from me, it was his girlfriend. There were no females born in the litter they wanted. My deposit policy is that a deposit is non refundable and if we cannot provide a puppy in the litter, your deposit is then moved to the next litter or litter of your choice. I offered this to the them, and the young man started cussing me our and screaming at me. This couple knew exactly what the deposit said, so I don't feel that I was misrepresenting our business. Funny, I never once heard from the girlfriend who made the deposit with me. She may still use her deposit to purchase a puppy from us at anytime time.

Baby Dallas Oct 13, 2013

We got our dog from Silver Crest Labs- my husband and I live in South Carolina- and when we received out puppy we noticed he would always sit down and would do normal puppy things. His back legs looked like bunny feet, with a curve that made it almost boomerang like. And with his forearms bent like a bulldog. We called Patricia and she got all defensive saying her dogs are all tested for diseases. We took Dallas to a bone doctor and a ophthalmologist and he was born with a Cataracts which causes dwarfism in large breed dogs due to inbreeding and other issues. We brought this up to Patricia because over $1000 was spent on vet visits and medication which a year and a half later he is still replying on. Patricia wanted us to send him back but that wasn't the question!! He is attached to us and his blindness doesn't make him the friendliest. After a fight Hoe about she is such a "CHRISTIAN", we did receive our money back but that just went to more vet bills, we sent back our breeding papers cause we cannot breed him. I DO NOT RECOMMEND SILVER CREST LABS located in ARIZONA. I love our dog but she still, to this day, thinks her dogs do. It carry the gene. What he has is called Ocular Skeletal Dysplasia. Research it! It's a horrible disease. It leaves me wondering though- how many more families received a dog like ours from that litter?? I am so curious!

Baby Dallas Oct 13, 2013

Is Arkansas not Arizona**

• Sp
    Spaeths Nov 21, 2014

We love silver crest labs in AR and love Patricia and her family. And we love our dogs. It's a chance you take buying a dog. Get over it. Love from SD Patricia

• Wy
    Wyatt Couture Jan 15, 2016

I bought a charcoal lab from Patricia at Silver Crest Labs. My experience getting him was good. Shipped him across the country to Massachusetts and he was perfect. About 8 months after I got him I noticed he started getting skin soars on his joints and belly. He is now almost 4 and I have had nothing but vet bill after vet bill. Rounds of antibiotics & steroids to counteract the infections. He is extremely handsome and I wanted to breed him but can't because of his condition. I am about to have him tested for Color Dilution Alopecia (CDA). From reading online about other dilute lab owner's experiences, I am fairly certain that he has CDA. I have spent a couple grand already, and if he has CDA it will be even more money to buy special food, vitamins, etc for treatment. I am hoping that if he is diagnosed with this that Patricia will refund my purchase price for him, which would only go towards the cost of treating the disease.
    Patricia was nothing but kind throughout all of our communication; however, was unable to provide any information about other dogs she has bred experiencing these issues. I will keep you all posted regarding the results.
    Wyatt

Baxter the Lab Oct 08, 2018

@Wyatt Couture Hi Wyatt,
    I am glad you wrote this . I too purchased my Silver (Brown) Lab from Patricia. I have spent thousands on having Baxter tested. If you would like to speak you can email me at [protected]@gmail.com he has sores on his belly and I his joints, the poor guy is miserable, I am at my wits end trying to find out what is going on with him.
    Thanks, Kim

Baxter the Lab Aug 21, 2018

We purchased a so called Silver Lab Puppy, our Baxter will be two in June . We love. Gin dearly but he is NOT Silver he is brown. I was told he was silver as a puppy he was but as he aged his color turned brown . Don't be taken by the Silver description.

Comments

Baxter the Lab Oct 08, 2018

My lab I purchased from Silver Crest Labs has had nothing but skin issues since he was a puppy. We have spent thousands on his medical bills and he is only 2 years old. He has had multiple antibiotics and many rounds of injections. Be careful about purchasing a new breed like this.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices