Shopperdiscounts.co.ukTheft of my money

I have no awareness of ever signing up for this hookum but they have stolen £10.00 from my bank account.

D A Smith

• Bi
    Bill Schardt Sep 11, 2011

These people took £200 from my Visa credit card over a period of 20 months from November 2009. This resulted from my purchase of a rail ticket from theTrainline.com . I have managed to recover all the money by phoning Shopper Discounts and Rewards and telling them very firmly that I wanted all my money back and would never give up until I got it. I had to sign an "additional refund request" from them to get it. I faxed this document and also sent it by recorded delivery.

• Fa
    Farhan - London Jul 06, 2011

I have just seen my account & saw £10 deduction from shoppersdiscount.com, searched them on google & found out they are thieves, I am 100% sure that I have never given my card details to them, recently I bought something first time from amazon.com & this is what has happened to me. I am sure I will get the refunds from my bank & they are the one who will chase them up. please do spread about them & make aware as many people as you can about this scam.
    Farhan (London)

• Na
    nattynat May 24, 2011

I know i didn't subscribe to them, despite what they may say, they access your card number from the purchase information you use to pay for whatever it is you are buying online.
    I would never subscribe to this, and i would never do it from my savings account, which is where they have been stealing my money from.
    However they may dress this up it is theft. Dont be fobbed up with them trying to persuade you that you did somehow knowingly subscribe, that is total crap and i will not be happy until all my money is refunded and when they are stopped from doing this to unsuspecting people.

• Je
    jennymg May 24, 2011

I have just realised that I too have been conned. £20 has been deducted from my account without me ever knowing about this firm. I rang them, and they easily agreed to cancel my membership (what membership? I never joined them!) and refund one of the payments. I then had to fight to get the other one back as well, but the girl eventually promised to refund both payments "within the next 10 days." We shall see. Apparently I "joined" at the end of making a booking with Ryanair. Booking with Ryanair is NOT the most pleasant of tasks, but I certainly never knowingly joined anything, and they must have got my details from the Ryanair site. Nasty.

• Na
    nattynat May 24, 2011

This is happening to loads of us, i have just realised they have been accessing £10 per month for months from my savings account.
    I have reported them, and i have contacted Watchdog BBC.

• St
    Steve Barber-boy Apr 12, 2011

I have also just noticed 10 pound taken out of my account for the last 3 months and i dont know who these people are . Can anybody tell me the number to call and put a stop to this

• Th
    Theft by deception Apr 09, 2011

Yes beware I was taken for £10 by this company in April 2011. I purchase from a Firm J.D.Williams (Premiereman, a reputable firm. However when paying your accopunt a red message comes up, "Click here to receive £10 discount" It does not say that Shooperdiscounts will charge you £10 per month to do so irrespective of whether you have made any purchase or not. Just beware. You can cancell the unwanted membership but it is not easy to do so.

Victim of theft by deception

• Ej
    Ejaz Latib Mar 31, 2011

If you are looking for shopping discounts you can use this FREE application goto
    and download your free application that allows you to compare prices on anything and you will find all the best deals guaranteed.
    Oh btw when you use it I make money from the pay-per-click revune so I can give the app for free.
    If you want to know more how im doing it go to http://www.mymarketinggenie.com/makeyourlife
    or call me on +[protected]

SARAHOKEEFE Mar 31, 2011

i have also been conned into paying £10 a month i just thaught i was been careful with my money and saving as much as i could as i was buying christmas presents for my kids. i bought clothes from m&m direct and can remember signing up to claim my rewards if i spent so much at certian shops online.
    i never gave them any bank details what so ever only just found out they have been taking £10 since september 2010, if i ring and demand a full refund will i get it back?
    this is not acceptable and how can these get away with it, its day light robbery and yes this should be stopped.
    they sound so convinsing that your saving money but really they are stealng it.
    i can believe how many people have fallen for this money trap including myself, im really annoyed with myself now because how stupid have i been but you know the well known saying "IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE THEN IT GENRALLY IS!!!"
    THIS SHOLD BE STOPPED BEFORE SOMEONE IS REALLY RIPPED OFF JUST THINK OF ALL THOSE SINGLE PARENTS AND OLD AGE PENTIONERS OUT THERE WHO THINKS THEY ARE SAVING MONEY WHEN REALLY SOMEONE IS RIPPING THERE EYES OUT

• To
    tomwpearson Mar 22, 2011

I phoned "shopper discounts and rewards" up on [protected]; as I hadn't realised that £50 had been taken from my account. I simply asked for the account to be cancelled, and all money be returned. No fuss.
    No need to get aggressive, they seemed quite happy to refund. At the end of the day I didn't read the small print, so essentially it was my fault. Not theirs.

Maryo Mar 15, 2011

Hello tinkerbell08:

I just read your post and I would very much like to provide you with information on Shopper Discounts & Rewards and to be able to address the concerns you have raised. I strongly recommend that you visit our online member forum, http://bit.ly/gy87cg where you can ask a question directly to our Community Manager. They will be able to provide you with further information and I hope be able to resolve your issue. Alternatively, if you have a specific question regarding your credit card and membership I strongly recommend you contact me directly at [email protected] If you do contact me directly please reference this forum.

Maryo

• Ti
    tinkerbell08 Mar 14, 2011

i have recently seen that shopperdiscount has taken £20 from my account without my permission. i booked ryanair flights and clicked to recieve £15 off my next flights and now they are taking this on a monthly basis. i have contacted my bank and cancelled my card, ihave also sent shopper discounts an email demanding my money to be refunded. i think this is disgusting and if i do not hear from shopper discounts in the next 7 days i will be contacting trading standards and watchdog. i work along side trading standards and the financial ombudsman service and also with a team of solicitors so i will get this sorted either the easy way or the hard way!!!

• Ki
    Kirstyj Jan 26, 2011

I have checked my bank balance today and have found that I have been paying £10 a month since Febuary 2010 in total I have paid £110 to them. I called my bank and they have cancelled my bank card and are sending me out a new one. Thry have raised a report on this and hopefully I should get my money back as I never authorised them to take any payments. If anybody else has had money taken out I suggest you phone your bank now as they will continue to take the money out your bank until something is done about it. It appears when I bought Nail Polish on lookfantastic.com this happened. They should not be able to do this without your bank details at least being confirmed and told what IS actually going to happen instead of saying you will get money back... If that was the case I wouldnt be £110 down!!!

chipsy Jan 20, 2011

this shopperdiscount [censor] should be banned coz they are taking people's personal bank details without any approval and jst takin mney away from us...THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FOR DOING THEIR E-BUSINESS...kmt!!!

• Ni
    nicolas9 Jan 12, 2011

have just noticed that shopper discounts have beeen debitiing my account with £10 for some time now. I have been on several sites including wizzair, ticketmaster, and trainline so it could have been any of them this is a phishing scam and should be stopped

Maryo Jan 04, 2011

Hello Essexforever:

I just read your post and it's important to me that your concerns are addressed and your issue is resolved. I'm sorry you have had trouble reaching us for assistance. Please try contacting us again so that we can take care of your issue for you. Our email address is [email protected] and our telephone number is [protected]. Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-4pm. Alertnatively, you could contact me directly at [email protected] If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

• Es
    Essexforever Jan 02, 2011

I have recently checked my bank statement and have noticed that £30 has been taken from my account. The only thing i have brought online is from ebay and i thought that paypal was a secure way of paying. Can someone tell me the best way to solve this problem and try to get my money back. I have tried emailing shopperdiscount but have had no reply.

• Ev
    Eva Celaya Dec 31, 2010

Same case here, I remember having bought a train ticket around the time it started but never really checked my credit card state. Now, I have realised £70 have been taken from it. I had never, ever signed anything to have £ 10 monthly taking from me!

• El
    ElizabethAnn Dec 12, 2010

I have just noticed that £10 has been taken from my Halifax credit card. I have recently bought tickets through See Tickets and also for my local theatre online. I am emailing Mary at Shoppers Discounts today and will also be ringing my bank tomorrow. What use is Halifax 'Secure' if it's not secure?! I will let you know the outcome. I am also going to look back at the credit card statements to check that this is the only amount they have taken and will be warning all my friends and family of this scam. Liz

banjocat Nov 15, 2010

All the money has been returned to our Bank Account, so the Email worked . Thank You...

jonathanmanashe Nov 15, 2010

i booked a hotel on my card and when i was looking at my bank statement i noticed that shoppers-discount.co. UK also was taking money out of my account without me knowing i was so angry about this so u guys have to be so careful with what u do when paying buy card online.shoppers-discount said to me that they would refund all the money back great but why in the first place .

Maryo Nov 12, 2010

Hello Lisamarie:

Please contact our customer service team at [protected] (this is a free phone) or you can contact me directly at [email protected] If you contact me directly, please reference this forum.

• Li
    lisamarie2880 Nov 12, 2010

can someone please help me as they are still taking £10 a month from my account and i dont know how!!!im a single mother and cant afford to loose £10 every month!!!

banjocat Nov 10, 2010

I have emailed these people and they say they are going to return our money to us I'm wating for my visa bill to confirm that keep you all posted...

Maryo Nov 09, 2010

Hello All:

We want you to know that we’re here to help you. However, it’s difficult to do that in a public forum when we don’t know who each person is or the details of their membership. We can help you better and resolve your specific queries or concerns if you contact us directly. You can do so by calling our customer service team at [protected] (this is a free phone) or you can contact me directly at [email protected] If you contact me directly, please reference this forum.

• So
    sogesu Oct 31, 2010

Who can tell me how to disable this Scam. They even have not sent me email alerts about this. I want to stop it right away. They are [censor].

• Sh
    shamanas Oct 21, 2010

maybe it will help you
    check question 4.

banjocat Oct 13, 2010

After buying Ryanair tickets we too got scammed by these SODS they shouldnt be allowed to get away with this...

• He
    heffy66 Oct 01, 2010

had the same done to me, found out that it was done via a link off mandm direct offering you a £15 discount, not obvious it was them and not fully told that it would be done after your next transaction, phoned, complained and got some money back

• Tr
    trevor roberts Oct 01, 2010

yes they have stolen £10 from my bank account with out my permission, i have never signed or agreed a membership with them.it is about time the police fraud sqaud got involved. T.a.roerts.

• Xt
    xTheButterflyx Sep 30, 2010

yep they did it to me and I only just noticed. I rang them up and they said all they could do was cancel my membership with them and refund me the lsat £10 charge but they have been taking it from me since December so I wrote them a very nice email telling them kindly that I expected a refund otherwise I would find a way to take it higher and get my money back. I am fuming. Im a student living on £30 a week as it is, having £10 taken from me every month is not what I need

• Sw
    sweet4 Sep 03, 2010

Yep they just got me for £10 as well.

• Gr
    graham annoyed Aug 16, 2010

graham I have just receiced my cedit card bill and another £10 has been deducted by shopperdiscount which
    I had no knowlege of signing up to . Thanks to this web site which I have just found I to have been scammed .How are they allowed to get away with it..

• Su
    superevelyn Apr 21, 2010

I got 10 pounds lost the same way on 15th April, 2010. I received a message from my bank which informed that the money had been used to make an overseas payment online. I neither bought anything or give any debit card information to them. I think we need to do something to prevent this nasty theft!

• Yv
    YveSmith Mar 31, 2010

I just noticed that they deducted £10 from my bank account (after ordering a Pizza Hut delivery online). I never even logged on to their website or responded to any of their emails!!! I just phoned them [protected]) and asked them to stop the deductions and asked for a refund of the £10. The bird on the phone said that would be OK and I then got an email confirming this. We'll wait and see! Robbing b*stards!!!

• El
    Ells0 Mar 30, 2010

So glad i have found this site. have just checked my account and found 30 pounds gone. I gave no bank details to these people just bought some tickets from ticketmaster. I dont know how to stop them taking the money from my account cause it comes up point of sale and not a direct debit. Can any one help?

chosmith Mar 26, 2010

Hi, Im glad to report that after sending them a very very strongly worded and angry email they promptly paid all of the £152 back in to my account and apologised. I basically threatened to report them to the Trading standards office and BBCs watchdog. I did end up reporting them to the Trading Standards... Crooks. Anyhow, it worked. So i whole heartedly recommend you all do the same. Then maybe either Trading standard shut them down or they wake up to consumers anger and change the way they do business. What makes me even more angry is the fact that many brands i 'trusted' are using their service. From my understanding these 'trusted' brands even take a cut of the money!!! Crazy. Good luck all.

• Lo
    louis2010 Mar 26, 2010

I'm from the Netherlands, I did a student placement in 2008 for which I had to open a UK Bank account. One day I bought a train ticket and now, in 2010, I thought i'd check my UK account, as I had still some money left on it. Well I just discovered they have stolen 170 GBP from me thus far! I don't know what to do about it - what I'll do asap is transfer all my money to my Dutch bank account, but I'd really like that stolen money back! Could anyone please advice me?

• Fg
    F>sanchez Mar 26, 2010

I've booked a flight with ryanair and shopper discount offers me 15% discount, when I took it, they told me I need to buy another flight ticket in 15 days time to make effect the discount...WHAT?... if not the voucher won't take effect and you will lost the chance...2 weeks later they scammed me £10 on my account ...W---k---rs!!!

F. sanchez

• Bi
    Big Mac Mar 25, 2010

Big Mac. - I noticed last month a £10 payment to shopperdiscounts.co.uk on my credit card account and another this month.I thought my daughter had set it up but no dad.