Menu

complaints

ServicePlus Home Warranty Complaints Summary

13 Resolved
8 Unresolved
Our verdict: With a good resolution rate, ServicePlus Home Warranty generally handles customer issues well. However, it’s important to be proactive. Familiarize yourself with their processes and services. Reading through various customer experiences will provide valuable insights into how they handle complex issues.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for ServicePlus Home Warranty has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of ServicePlus Home Warranty. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

ServicePlus Home Warranty complaints 21

Sort by:

Newest ServicePlus Home Warranty complaints

10:11 am EST

ServicePlus Home Warranty Lack of resolving my claims

After numerous tries on filing a claim both by computer and calling (the phone always disconnects) I made a BBB complaint. They then finally called me and I was able to make my complaint. It has now been 6 days and I still do not have a contractor assigned or my 2 items fixed. They keep offering me $200 to get it done myself. I did this back in July and it took 4 months to be paid back. I do not want to waste my time trying to find two contractors to fix my items and I know it will be over $200. They are yet to connect me to someone who will fix my items. I’ve called and left numerous messages.

Claimed loss: $500 total cost for the annual plan.

Desired outcome: To fix my refrigerator and my pool pump issues.

5:44 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, Before I contact BBB and Hawaii’s attorney general (you won’t be able to include Hawaii in your business). I did everything Service Plus asked me, I paid for a 5 year contract over a thousand dollars and was told I could cancel anytime if a problem arose and I would be refunded my remaining balance. They also told me if an appliance was not reparable...

9:25 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ServicePlus Home Warranty Our heating system hasn't functioned since 10-12-2023. Today is 10-17-2023. Our account #[protected], and claim # 784404

We've made numerous calls about this issue, but still get told they're still getting in touch with a technician!

George Rathke

6631 Abbotswood Dr

Toledo, OH 43615

[protected]

[protected]@gmail.com

OR

[protected]@yahoo.com

After waiting 48 hours for the company to contact a technician to service our heating system that hasn't functioned since 10-12-2023. Today is 10-17-2023. We've made numerous phone calls for this issue! The overnight temperatures outside have been in the low 40s! And since then, we're using space heaters during the day but not overnight for safety reasons! Our account #[protected], and claim # 784404

Desired outcome: Fix the heating system ASAPWe've made 4 payments of $525.00 from [protected] to [protected] for coverage from [protected] to [protected]

3:15 pm EDT

ServicePlus Home Warranty Service Plus Home Warranty

We have had terrible service from this company for the last 3 months. We were trying to get our air conditioning service fixed for a month and a half. They kept stringing us along and finally said that they would not cover any of the repair. We are wanting to cancel our account with them and I've already signed up with another home warranty company. Service Plus says we are obligated to keep paying until November because it's a year contract. We have paid month to month and we feel that they should just end our contract since we are not satisfied with the service. Here is the paragraph in the contract. We don't require any refund. We just want termination of this so called "service".

Desired outcome: Cancellation without having to pay any other months.

View 0 more photos
1:55 pm EDT

ServicePlus Home Warranty Denied claim

Central air conditioner broke down. Service Plus sent a service contractor out who I paid $45 (I have platinum plan). He took pics, explained everything to me, system is non repairable.

I called Service Plus a few days later to see what is happening with my claim. They said service contractor never sent anything, I called them, they said they did. Today, I called again, 45 min on hold to be told denied. Total scam. Offered me a free $45 service call fee for next time something breaks. And that was only after I made it clear I was contacting BBB and anyone else I can complain to.

Desired outcome: I would like my air replaced or minimum my premiums I've paid for 7 year warranty

2:44 pm EDT

ServicePlus Home Warranty Insurance claim not being paid!

I have a claim# 770614 with Service Plus Home Warranty. They are refusing to pay my claim. It is for an air conditioner that had to have coil replaced due to ordinary wear and tear. At no place in the policy does it state that it will not pay for ordinary wear and tear. Just of it is rusted .It was not rusted as it is copper!

Copper does not rust! So then they said i needed pictures, At no place in the policy dos it say we needed pictures. I followed, all their rules I called first got authorization to have it fixed by a local contractor who put it in. I got authorization then the contractor called them. They did NOT tell him to take pictures! He ordered the part needed and fixed it , Now they refuse to pay for it! They offered me 3 months free insurance at $40.00 and & 75.00 fee .My bill was for $1231.47. and they wont send a check for that. I would have to keep that insurance for 3 months plus the fee! I so ok if you wont cover it, then send me a check. They will not do it. They have lied and said I did not follow rules , then changed it to not covered part. I read every line , it does not say that! PLEASE help me! They keep changing the story. They said i di not submit the picture which they never ask for in the beginning and now the part is gone. so I have nothing. I cannot afford to just pay that kind of money and i got the insurance and was told how easy it is to file a claim I have been at this for 3 weeks!This is a scam ! I am 81.I lost my husband and thought that this policy could help me with expenses, so far all i do is cry every time I call them. They do not know their policy! It states that coil not covered if rusty!

i have called my tech 3 times at his work place. This cannot keep going on!

I need to be paid at One point they offered me $200.00 ? but i guess that would just be in insurance premiums I will cancel this policy i have been lied to so much and they change their stories! Refuse to give me phone numbers etc!

Desired outcome: Pay my bill or at least part of it. 200 dollars wont get it. I need a check not just more insurance! I have tried to upload the bill so you could see it but cannot.

View 0 more photos
2:57 pm EDT

ServicePlus Home Warranty A/C

I submitted a claim on 05/09/2023 at around 8:30pm. I was not informed at that point on the online site that it would take 24-48 hours for a response/or technician to be assigned. We did not receive any email with that information until Friday the 12th, which by this point i had already called about 3 times. The urgency for certain claims should have priority. Especially when its in a severe hot state and there are people with disabilities in the home and children. After i received the technician information we had to wait another 2 days making it so far 7 days to just get a technician to say they have checked everything, and it needs a new compressor. Really, now it is May 17th, and we are still suffering with the heat, and the technician said it would take another 24/48 hours from that Monday. Its passed the 48 hours and i just called the company to have them say that it is being reviewed and that they just received the technician report Tuesday therefore another 24/48 hours. What are we paying for? Regarding the issue that a claim is being submitted should be prioritize due to its severity, especially involving people with health issues in the home and small children. This is unacceptable, and now we have to wait another 24/48 hours for the results. Seriously I should have done my due diligence and researched a lot more than take a friend's word for it. I am a very unsatisfied customer.

Desired outcome: For our claim to be taken seriously for its urgency. This should not be happening with claims dealing with A/C, Heater, Plumbing and Electrical. These should be high priority claims. I need this taken care of immediately.

ServicePlus Home Warranty has left an official reply on this complaint.

ServicePlus Home Warranty Total Home Protection (THP) refuses to reimburse me for the replacement of my Air Condition

Total Home Protection (THP) refuses to reimburse me for the replacement of my Air Condition. According to the contract THP should reimburse me at least $1500 towards the cost of my new air conditioner which was $3200. THP has denied this claim stating the AC was not Maintained. This is not true as I am part of the maintenance Discount Comfort Club for ***. The Air Conditioner & Furnace were properly checked, maintained and cleaned by ***. The AC was in good condition as noted on 5/13. The next AC check was due in 2020. Sean, Resolutions Manager at THP gave the approval for me to use *** for the AC repair/replacement with the claim number of ***. On 7/23 *** diagnosed the Air Condition as needing a new condenser & coil & recommended a new AC. I called THP with the Diagnosis.THP refused my word and the written form. *** provided THP with the Diagnosis. AC was replaced on 7/27.THP ultimately denied my claim for the AC Replacement. Saying the AC broke because it was dirty. I reexplained that I have *** for Maintenance so that was incorrect. THP refused to listen to me.Several times I requested the denial in writing & the information for an appeal. I spoke to several customer representatives, billing, & Sean from THP numerous times regarding AC & denial letter & appeals info. I asked for the phone number, email & names of the CEO, president, executive offices & was refused this information. After several conversations,Sean offered me $400 as a resolution. I requested the $1500 dollars as per the contract & Sean said he could not do this. He said I would need to dispute the decision. Sean said that no matter what the outcome I was guaranteed $400.Despite several calls I did not receive the written denial & appeal info until 11/23. The appeal form & several emails with supporting documents were sent to Jason in THP Mediation. Jason denied the appeal stating AC Requires 2 not 1 check per yr. I said not standard. sent to DOI & AG.

A. Wiza
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The company tells you for any reason you can cancel the policy. They lied. They also don't provide service as promised. Been waiting 3 months for a service call to be completed. Managers argue with you when your trying to cancel the policy.

D. Swaniawski
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have a home owners warranty with *** Warranty. I filed a claim with them on 11/25/22 because my heat is not working. I have spoken with them every business day and they keep telling me they cannot find any technicians and that its best for me to pay out of pocket. I spoke with a manager named Bre- ID# *** on 11/29. I received an email shortly after with technician name and phone number. They advised me today that they are not under contract with this warranty company nor do they service the Petersburg area. My issue is still unresolved and I have pre existing ill illnesses and the cold environment is making it worse. Please help me in getting this resolved!

C. Wisozk
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

In August 2022 I filed a claim with Service Plus (SP) about my *** Dryer. The technician sent by SP informed them that the cost to repair the dryer would exceed it's value. Service Plus agreed to reimburse me $250, which was approved in September 2022. I have not yet received the reimbursement check, and it has been nearly three months now. When I call, I am told that the request for reimbursement has been sent to "billing", but no one can tell me if, or when the check will be mailed.

E. Bernhard
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I purchased a home warranty from Total Home Protection on August 24, in the amount of *** to cover my home from 8/24-2/24/2024. What a rip off. I have filed several claims, and nothing has been resolved. Recently on 6/30/2022 I had a problem with my washing machine and was told by this warranty company that the part to repair my washing machine is no longer available, therefore I was informed by total home that they would provide me *** dollars toward the purchase of a new washing machine. I have been very patient with waiting for them to send me *** dollars but to no avail. I placed a call to them on October 26, 2022 and was switched around to several different departments before I was finally told that my payment is being set up to pay and If I called back the following week, they would be able to tell me when it was mailed. I called back on 11/2/2022 and was told that they could not give me a date the 300 dollars would be mailed and that they would get around to it. I called again on 11/8/2022 and was given the same information they don't know when the check will be mailed. I am requesting that I receive the total amount I paid *** instead of the 300 dollars.

ServicePlus Home Warranty has left an official reply on this complaint.

ServicePlus Home Warranty The sales agent of Total Home protection Co sold me two Platinum warranties for both of our properties ,they completely misrepresent the product

The sales agent of Total Home protection Co sold me two Platinum warranties for both of our properties ,they completely misrepresent the product they sold us, they said anything goes wrong in your home, it will be covered from roof top to floor including any item AC, fridge and the list went on , every time we filed a claim they appoint a vendor, who only goes to the property, demands his service fees upfront and never comes back to do the work, afterwards we receive the same preprepared email subject :Claim Update, in which they say the item is not covered due to wear and tear and non maintenance, in this case they claim that their vendor found condenser coil inside fridge is clogged and caused component ( compressor) failure, and here is their usual trick cliche " As per Section & letter D Para ,,, Total Home protection is not responsible, this is everytime letter ready to be emailed to clients, my other friends are facing similar scenario with Total Home protection, some of the Vendors they say to us that do not expect Total Home to do any repairs, they use them to cover their side that they sent out a vendor, whom by the way gets paid by the client for the service call prior doing anything, from my vast experience with total home protection, their vendors come to houses not to repair or fix the problem , but they come to show up and just to report to Total Home so they have done their part by sending client some one ... but no action, after the vendor gets paid they disappear, then the vendor waits to get the job paid by the client as total home has exited their obligation by writing lengthy email under clause D para & section Z line 80 etc.. the normal tactic the game goes on, I would like to get my money back and return to the American Home shield who never played any tricks which Total Home Protection is doing , they are simply stealing peoples money by selling them a fake warranty, Please note I have other customer of Total Home protection ready to testify

D. Crona
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We have filed 3 legitimate claims over the past 2 years. All were denied. Repair/Replacement determinations through 3 different repair companies/technicians (of service plus choice) evaluated the repairs and determined they should be covered by warranty.

R. Stark
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I called a claim in for my range to be repaired on 11/21/22, on 11/23 a serviceman representing Total *** Services evaluated my range. On 11/23 I was sent a email to contact Total *** services and ask for the resolution department. I did so on Thursday 11/24/22 and was told because it was Thanksgiving there was no one there and to call back Friday. On Friday I called Total home Services and spoke with a Manager Who told me they would give me $200. for my range to help me replace it. I told him no I wanted the price it would cost to replace my range like I was told from the representative who sold it to me and it says right in the beginning of the warranty. He kept telling me he could only give me $200 dollars and I kept telling him no I'm not taking anything less than what it would take to replace my Range, he eventually said well I can go up to $250 and I said no again I'm not taking anything less then it takes to replace it. He kept telling me they have the right to give me what they want to assist me with buying a new range.I asked for the *** info and it took him a while to find his name, but he said he had no telephone number or way to contact him. I called back later to speak to the manager of the facility but they acted like they were getting him and then they put the same person on with the same story and he told me repeatedly he could give me $250, I repeatedly told him no. He said I would have to call back again if I wanted more. The range that I have is a Kenmore with warmer draw, self cleaning, broiler and broiler pan and digital readout.

H. Schneider
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This is regarding my *** Warranty Claim No# ***. Since they could not fix the dishwasher, They suppose to replace the item but they convinced me to compensate by a check of $250 to purchase a new one. Although the amount is very nominal in comparison to cost of a new dishwasher. I am waiting for the check for more than one year. I am calling them on regular intervals (my last three calls was on July 11, 2022, Sep 29, 2022, and Nov 28, 2022) and every time I have been told they are expediting the process and the check will be mailed soon. Whereas there is no action from their end yet. Appreciate your intervention on receiving the resolution to my claim.

H. Smith
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

they never said i had a contract and would not allow me to cancel they never helped me with ne claim submitted and i just paying for no reason. i never agreed to a contract

ServicePlus Home Warranty has left an official reply on this complaint.

ServicePlus Home Warranty I signed up with Total Home Protection a couple years ago, even paying extra for their "green" program, which I think they now call "Platinum",

I signed up with Total Home Protection a couple years ago, even paying extra for their "green" program, which I think they now call "Platinum", so that they would not only repair or replace, but also upgrade. I knew I wouldn't need heating and AC, as I'd just replaced those out of pocket, plus a new microwave, washer and dryer. With all that hassle and expense, and knowing my failing health and only having disability payments as income with a monthly mortgage over $2000, I thought this would be smart, but was wary. I really investigated them, including their Complaintsboard.com rating, joined, and within 24 hours backed out. They called back and convinced me. I paid almost $2000 for 6 years of coverage. Last year our sink disposal broke. With much more time and trouble than I'd been promised, it was replaced, was done wrong, and the guy came out and redid it, but left a dent in the stainless steel sink. Then I had a garage door issue, but didn't want to deal with THP, then a problem with a gutter, but again didn't want the struggle. In Oct 2020 our dishwasher broke, and our double oven went out - it will work for a few minutes, and then shows PF (power fail). It took several days for them to get a repair person here to assess, and it was the SAME GUY who didn't know how to put in a disposal correctly the previous year! He looked at both, and after about 5 minutes had us sign that both appliances weren't fixable and needed replacing. EVERYTHING WENT WRONG FROM THIS POINT! THP was rude, sent me their new paperwork showing they had the option to send a check for a total of $550 for both, and it would be my job to find, buy, measure, haulaway, install, hookup, repair damage (double oven is built into kitchen wall), etc. I am livid. I'm 63, disabled & have been robbed. Even the $550 has never been sent to me! All I do is cry about it. It's too complicated for me, and that's why I bought protection! #*** Status: Closed Claim item: Oven & #***Status: Closed Claim item: Dishwasher

T. Batz
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have file claim regarding my dripping pipe under my sink and AC heater won't work. and also many other claim. and surprise enough none of it gets fix. first they close out my claim for no reason and second the tech came out here to do diagnoise and after sending info back to them. they simply denied all the repair job. I just need my refund back to my account so I can find a different company!

I
I
I. Bruen
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We bought appliance insurance verage on 8/20 from Serviceplus. On February 12, 2022 our heating system went out. We are in *** and the outside temp was -20 degrees. I called the ins *** and asked if they uld get us a repairman and they said they uld not promise when he would me. I asked if I uld call a local one that uld fix it immediately and they approved it. The st was over $1000 and was sent in. *** approved the bill but said we would only get reimbursed for $500 since their service people are paid less. We asked when we would get paid and she said that we needed to pay and send the invoice to her. She approved it. We have not gotten paid as of 11-20-22. Every time I call they have a different excuse. It was because of vid, then they had a backlog, then the person that answered blamed their billing *** Today they told me they paid in the order received and they uld do nothing about it to accelerate the process. I have documented each phone call and I have the name of the person I spoke to and the date. I hadn't started documenting immediately, but after ***, I have documented nine calls. Are they hoping that I will give up and forget the repayment? I have tried to send the invoice that shows I have paid and I can't seem to send it. I uld email it if given your email address. The *** is $1075 paid on March 8th of 2022 by *** credit card.

J. Marvin
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They took out unauthorized $45 from my bank account. Called them several times and just gave me the runaround. Tried to cancel and they refused. They kept me on the phone for 20 minutes before they refused my request.This is a scam.

K
K
K. Feest
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had a claim with them (Claim #***, policy #***) that they told me they'd pay $130 for, for a dishwasher replacement. I was told I would receive this check within 6-8 weeks. After 8 weeks i called and asked where the check was, i was told they would expedite the approved check i should get it. A week later i called and asked for an update, they told me the same thing. Well i has been over *** for and i was told i would be receiving.

ServicePlus Home Warranty has left an official reply on this complaint.

ServicePlus Home Warranty I contacted the warranty company in February a technician came out to fix my heating system

I contacted the warranty company in February a technician came out to fix my heating system. The tech told me it was fixed and the season was over so I had no reason to turn the system on. I called in 9/17, I was made to pay another service fee even though I was advised if it could wait, to wait and it was the same issue. The technician that came out on 9/23 had no tools and an Ipad, I told them that I had already paid the service fee but he had no tools to diagnose the system. He told me that the warranty company does not pay and until they approve it he was not doing anything. I called the company and asked that they send someone else out which they told me they would and no one ever showed up this happened three additional times. They told the warranty company they were waiting on a part and would be back out. During this time I had called the warranty company several times asking how they ordered a part and did no diagnostics, and asked that they transfer the claim, to which they refused. When the part supposedly came they told me that they were not coming out until they were paid. When the company would not return until they were paid, the warranty company finally sent another technician out on 10/9. The new technician charged me $175 for maintenance and said that fixed the issue. When the heating system wouldn't turn back on I advised him and he said it needed another part and he would be back the following day, he also had no problem telling me that he also sold marijuana. When I called him he advised that he would be back that Monday 10/12 then his phone was disconnected. I called the warranty company who told me they would transfer to someone else after me having to call several times. But they transfer it back to the same company that would not do anything until they were paid. So it was transferred back to the marijuana dealer who stopped answering the phone. They told me to hire someone on my own and call before the work was completed for approval

J. Schultz
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

In the beginning of the summer I submitted a claim on my air conditioner, they couldnt get anyone to pick up my ticket. They told me to contact a repairman and they would pay the claim. They did not reimburse me when I called and complained they gave me 5 months free, that did not put the money back into my account. 2 months ago all heck broke loose, my wash machine, on the second story, leaked all over and the water ruined my ceiling on the first floor, Second the garbage disposal just stopped working then my hot water tank broke. While all of this is happening a truck was hit and it knocked on top of my car. And I was unable to deal with this. On 11/11/22 I submitted the 3 claims. My ticket was picked up on Sunday by *** . He showed up Monday, did the diagnostic and we waited. I called 5 times to see what they were going to do. Every time was a different answer. On the 5th call the man said Im sorry that department closed at 4;30 you have to wait until tomorrow. The repair man sat for 2 hours for nothing. This morning I was told they dont cover calcium build up. When I purchased this plan I was told by the sales man that all appliances were covered, if it breaks we fix it. I believe they do this all of the time. I would like my hot water heater replaced. They havent covered the claims I have submitted I did as you ask and asked for mediation and waiting on a response To sum it up I should have been told certain things were not covered when the salesman called me

M. Kiehn
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

10-25-2022 I had a home warranty for 812 and *** that started in June 2022.I signed up for the 3 year plan in which you pay more per month so that I would not have to pay the monthly fee for 3 years. I had a problem with my heating system and reported it to Service Plus. They told me that they did not repair gas valves. I then called Service Plus to cancel these 2 policies and a gentleman named *** continued to offer me $400.00 towards the replacement of the gas valve. I told him at least 6 times that I did not want the $400.00. I never used the service before and decided that this is going to be problem. I told him to just calculate the payments that I had made and deduct the monthly payments from the payments that I had made and send me a check for the balance due me. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON ***.

R. Herman
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On November 15, 2022 they sent a technician to my home to repair my ac unit. The technician stated that they denied the claim to add refrigerant. They said that the valve was open and caused the refrigerant to escape. I called ServicePlus and they stated that it was due to a leak in my system therefore the charge was not covered. The policy doesn't state they would not pay for refrigerant due to a leak it states leak detections are not covered. To me that means they wont pay to find and or fix a leak not that they wont pay to add refrigerant. I was charged $160 to have refrigerant added to my unit and would like that to be refunded back to me.

G
G
G. Swift
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I pay 38 dollars a month for a home warranty and a garage motor was approved and I was only approved for 350 of the *** my warranty. This was on 8/19/22 and yesterday I asked about my 350 refund, and they say it will be coming to you soon, well that's what they said in Oct as well and I waited the 30 business days and I wanted to cancel at the end of Aug but have been waiting for my refund, but I am charged every month, so I called yesterday 11/15/22 and asked to cancel but they said no. Even though I am month to month and have not signed a term contract of a year they stated I had to finish the term which ends in March 2023. They are a shady business.

ServicePlus Home Warranty We purchased a home warranty on 3/16

We purchased a home warranty on 3/16. We had monthly premiums deducted from our bank account of $37. On October 14,2020 we filed our first claim for a dishwasher. A contractor was assigned but never contacted us or returned our calls. We called THP and they said they would try to contact the repairman. After a few days there was still no response. In the meantime, our dishwasher began to work sporadically, so we cancelled the claim hoping that it would continue to work. The dishwasher finally went our completely on December 21 and we filed another claim. A contractor was assigned, an appointment was made, and the contractor failed to show the day of the appointment and would not return our calls. We called THP and spoke with a manager, Tommy G, and expressed our frustration about not receiving service after two attempts and yet they were still drafting premiums from our account. After much back and forth and him unable to get another contractor out to the home, he offered to pay $300 as settlement for our dishwasher. We wanted more as it was not enough to fully pay for replacement, but Mr G would only give $300. We agreed and he said that he would send the check but that it would take 6-8 wks due to Covid, which is absolutely ridiculous! We waited 5 weeks and after reading numerous bad reviews about other customers never receiving payment I emailed MR G on 1/27 to see if payment had possibly been sent. He never responded. I got him on the phone on 1/28 and he said check had not been issued yet. We told him we wanted to cancel our policy effective 1/28, but that we fully expected to still receive our $300 settlement check for our covered claims that were reported on 10/14 and !2/21. He stated no payment would be sent since we were now canceling the policy NOR would he refund any of our premiums for failing to provide service. This is fraudulent to say the least. Taking payments with no intention of providing service

L
ServicePlus Home Warranty has left an official reply on this complaint.

ServicePlus Home Warranty approximately two-days ago I was searching for home owners warranty nplans and I selected service Plus and later discovered that I had a better

approximately two-days ago I was searching for home owners warranty nplans and I selected service Plus and later discovered that I had a better offer from another company so I called today to cancel this plan to be reimbursed for the money that was taken out of my account. During the process of trying to cancel after a representative answered the phone line where you start your service ,I commence to telling him I wanted to cancel my policy he said wait a"minute " let me get you to thyat department and I waited for approximately (8) minutes and no one responded to the phone so I called another number and a female employee answered the phone after I told her I wanted to cancel my policy and she asked me what was the reason(s) for the cancellation and I commencve to telling her I found a better policy and she started asking me why again and I simpl told her mam because I want to and after hesitation she said I have to put you through to our cancellation department and approximately 49 minutes and 14 seconds later a gentleman answered the phone and I told him I wanted to cancel my home warranty policy and he told me ok and hold on a minute for he was gone for about three to five mintues and he satrted questioning me about the warranty saying why you want to cancel and that I had only had the warranty for 2 days and at thyat point I asked for a manager and he told me I am a manager and he statrted reading off what the warranty/ policy covered and I said to him sir I want to cancel my warranty and given a refund an again he started reading out aloud whatn was bin the policy ETC again I told him I wanted to cancel my warranty regardless of what is in there and he kept reading and then he got silent and approximately two or more minutes later he started telling me about an email an it could take up to ( 48) hours to cancel the warranty it all was done for a delay tactics and to try to get me to keep my warranty however no one should be badgered or anything ellse about can

S
ServicePlus Home Warranty has left an official reply on this complaint.

ServicePlus Home Warranty 10/14 claim filed for a/c not cooling THEY COULDNT FIND A PROVIDER FOR SEVERAL DAYS, SO THEY ASKED ME TO FIND ONE AND GET REIMBURSED

10/14 claim filed for a/c not cooling THEY COULDNT FIND A PROVIDER FOR SEVERAL DAYS, SO THEY ASKED ME TO FIND ONE AND GET REIMBURSED. I FOUND ONE AND PAID THE PROVIDER BUT SERVICEPLUS SAID THEY WILL ONLY REIMBURSE PART OF HIS TRIP FEE (NOT GOOD). HE DIAGNOSED IT AND THEN COULDNT GET A HOLD OF THEM TO GET IT FIXED...THEY FOUND A PROVIDER TO COME ON SATURDAY 10/16 AFTER ALL AND THEIR PROVIDER FOUND THE SAME ISSUE THAT MINE DID BUT COULD NOT GET A HOLD OF SERVICE PLUS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT OPEN ON THE WEEKEND (NOT GOOD) EVEN THOUGH THEY SEND PROVIDERS ON THOSE DAYS...AFTER BOTH PROVIDERS DIAGNOSED THE SAME ISSUE AND THEY SENT THEM PICTURES, THEN SERVICEPLUS CLAIMS *** IN NJ SAYS THE CLAIM IS NOT COVERED (THEY DONT TAKE THE *** OF THE 2 TECHNICIANS THAT WERE CALLED TO MY HOME THAT THIS IS NORMAL AND NO ONE WOULD HAVE PUNCTURED IT AS IT HAS BEEN WORKING FOR YEARS UP UNTIL THE INITIAL CLAIM)...THEIR TECHNICIAN THAT WENT TO MY HOME SAID THAT SERVICE PLUS SEEMED NOT PROFESSIONAL FROM THE START OF HIM DEALING WITH THEM ON HIS CALLS. AFTER ALL THIS AND BEING ON SERVICE PLUS POLICY FOR *** A TIMELY MANNER, NOR DO THEY PAY ANY CLAIMS, AND THEY SAID I COULD NOT GET ANY OF MY FULL YEARS POLICY MONEY BACK BECAUSE THEY CHARGE CANCELLATION FEES AND OTHER FEES...THIS IS LITERALLY THE WORST HOME WARRANTY COMPANY I HAVE EVERY DEALT WITH...I HAVE 3 HOME AND DIFFERENT HOME WARRANTY PROVIDERS AND I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO SERVICE PLUS...SOMEONE NEEDS TO HOLD THIS COMPANY LIABLE...IM SURE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE...ALSO, THEY OFFERED TO REIMBURSE ME ONLY $100 FOR THE SERVICE CALL THAT I PAID FOR BUT IT WOULD ***-8 WEEKS TO GET MY MONEY EVEN AFTER THEY ASKED ME TO CALL A TECHNICIAN BECAUSE THEY COULDNT FIND ONE...SOMEONE PLEASE HOLD THIS COMPANY ACCOUNTABLE FOR STEALING CLAIM #***..POLICY # *** POLICY PAYMENT $462..PAYMENT TO PROVIDER $125...OTHER PMT $150..THEY HAVE THE

S

ServicePlus Home Warranty RE: Acct.#***

RE: Acct.#***. I signed up with "Total Home Protection" on 3/15. Apparently they changed their name to "Service Plus" shortly after that but I was not advised of this; found out only after emailing for questions about the premium. Per ***, the annual premium on 3/15 was $359 but since I added my water softener to the coverage for an extra $2.92 per month, annual premium should have been $394.04. Somehow that became $41.00 per month "forever"? I paid $41.00 via Discover card on 3/15 to start the coverage. After that I was quoted MANY different dollar amts. of what was owed. I continued to pay $41.00 per month until the fiasco of my first claim. (Paid last premium of $41 on 12/6.) My furnace started acting up very early on 12/17. It wouldn't kick in & the temp was dropping. It's winter in *** & the temp was in the teens outside. Called 12/17 at 6:14 am to get a claim # & obtain contractor info. Didn't reach a person or even automated info. Called again at 8 am & spoke to "Don." *** advised it would be "*** hours" to just get the contractor info. Told him it's winter in , the temp in my house was 65 degrees & dropping. So I started calling local contractors in my area. Due to past bad experiences, NONE of the 3 I reached would deal with a warranty co. I called Service Plus back & spoke to "***" & advised her of my predicament. Asked her to please provide contractors in my area to call. She advised she "didn't have access" to that info. Told her I had to get the problem fixed *** agreed to email a "claim reimbursement form". I did get a contractor over about 2 hours later & it turned out to be a minor issue with the furnace which H31373332373934323535d $240.00. Minus the $60 deductible, I should have been reimbursed $180. The paperwork was faxed 12/28. They've ignored many emails & several phone calls. The *** has been involved about 6 weeks now with no response at all from Service Plus. Please help.

ServicePlus Home Warranty has left an official reply on this complaint.

ServicePlus Home Warranty On 9/13, I purchased for $1,080 a 3 yr Platinum home warranty plan w/Service Plus (SP) Home Warranty, Filed a claim that upstairs ** is

On 9/13, I purchased for $1,080 a 3 yr Platinum home warranty plan w/Service Plus (SP) Home Warranty, Filed a claim that upstairs *** is blowing out hot air on 11/1, Claim #*** issued SP sent me an email to contact Bridgewater, and schedule service and pay $60 service fee. Bridgewater came out on 11/13 said the motor and coil needed to be replaced. but never submitted a report to SP. SP closed my claim. I called 3/1/22 to re-open the claim since the issue with the *** unit had not been resolved. Claim #*** was opened 3/1/22 and 3/2/22 it was Denied and closed saying that the unit did not work prior to the opening of the policy on 10/21/22. I purchased the policy 9/13 not 10/21/22 and it was working up to 11/1. Complained to SP that the information was incorrect on the claim and was directed to ***, manager 3/7/22, who re-opened claim #*** and said I would get a response in 48 hrs. I left a message for *** 3/14/22 that I had no response. I called 3/21//22 and spoke w/*** again who escalated the claim to the Dir. of Authorizations. I received an email 3/22/22 to contact *** and schedule an appointment. I called 3/23/22 and Air4Sure's response was the work order was closed because he called the number (my work#) and thought it was a prank. Air4Sure scheduled to come 3/28/22 @ 11 am and at 1:30pm he canceled.. Left a msg for *** and received another email to schedule w/AR ***, they responded they can't service me because SP didn't pay them. ***, 3/30/22 said I would receive a full refund plus reimburse the service fee if he can get another contractor to come out. The claim was DENIED 5 times from 3/2 to 4/20. I emailed mediation, 4/19/22. Cancellation *** offered to reimburse me for repairs but it was DENIED. I have to pay $6,900 out of pocket for new unit. I canceled the policy 4/20 and only refunded $686, charged me for 6 mos, plus cancellation fee. Wouldn't honor the deal on 3/30.

ServicePlus Home Warranty has left an official reply on this complaint.

ServicePlus Home Warranty I was convinced to sign a contract with Total Home Protection on June 6

I was convinced to sign a contract with Total Home Protection on June 6. The cost of the annual contract was $427.00. That price included two months free coverage. At the time the salesperson claimed their warranty was the best in the business and we would be getting exceptional service. He also promised a free replacement of any unit which could not be repaired. In late June, our refrigerator unit went out and our air-conditioning needed service (freon). I reported the claim on June 28, (refrigerator #***; A/C Unit #***). A service technician came to our home for both. The air-conditioner technician added the necessary freon at a cost of $125.00. The refrigerator technician said the unit could not be repaired and must be replaced. However, the video conference cost was $75.00 (spoke with *** from *** on July 5th). On July 2, ***, a claims representative authorized the repair/replacement for both. Later in the same month I received a call from *** a case manager at Total Home Protection. *** instructed me to have the service technician from the A/C company send *** an invoice. *** explained to me Total Home Protection will not pay for a replacement refrigerator but approved a $300.00 replacement cost. The check was to be mailed in after processing in two weeks. On August 11, I spoke with *** from Total Home Protection who instructed me to have the A/C company technician recontact *** (which he did). The check for the refrigerator was being processed and should ***-8 weeks. On September 7, I contacted *** once again concerning the check which was not yet received. I was told it would be mailed immediately. I had made numerous telephone calls to *** since ***), for which I can now only leave a message. I spoke with *** on October 26, who can only confirm the checks were not issued but had no reason other than stating he was going to look into the missing payment call me

ServicePlus Home Warranty has left an official reply on this complaint.

ServicePlus Home Warranty called THP on March 23,2022 to explain why I was not renewing a three year membership

called THP on March 23,2022 to explain why I was not renewing a three year membership. Explained to salesman, *** that I have experienced poor service from company getting repairmen to contact me and repair my problems. I was "worn down" by this salesman and his "Supervisor," telling me that they've had problems during Coronavirus, and that now there won't be the same problems, and that a company named: SERVICE PLUS HOME Warranty has bought the company. I gave him my debit card to renew my membership in Total Home Protection when my current membership expires in April 2022. I also told him that I would give them another chance since 1) I need a plumber to repair a water pipe leak against our house and also, I have a "frozen" hot water tap for my washing machine. He assured me during this call, ( which I've been informed that all calls are recorded,) that they could take care of this right away. I also put in a request for an appliance technician to repair my right front burner on my cooktop. *** went over the modus operandi for this insurance whereby I'm responsible to pay the repairman my $75 deductible when he comes to service the item. Since booking these repairs, I heard from no one, and when I called "Total Home Protection" service line, I was told that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is my water faucet covered. *** had promised to send me my contract by email, but has NOT. Today, I spoke to the policy cancellation rep at Total Home Protection" named, ***, and he told me that I could not cancel this policy, going into effect in April. because it is a RENEWAL and the only way I can get out of it is to pay them $500.00 ! It bears mentioning that *** said he'd "just received" confirmation of a repair company planning to come out, while I've received nothing. He told me I could call them at: ***. I did and it's a wrong number! In 2018, when they couldn't find a technician, they had me call one, billing them. He says I owe THP now!

L
ServicePlus Home Warranty has left an official reply on this complaint.

ServicePlus Home Warranty Our complaint for breach of *** by Service Plus Warranty, formerly, Total Home Protection

Our complaint for breach of *** by Service Plus Warranty, formerly, Total Home Protection. Contract# ***. On July 11, 2022, I made a service call ***) for a water leak in my refrigerator. The freezer motor screeches and failing. They said a tech would call in *** hours, they did not. We got an email denying our claim because leaks are not covered. We clarified, the freezer is failing, as a result water was leaking. *** answered my call, assigned claim number ***, said a service call would be $100 contrary to the $75 fee in my contract. I informed *** that pursuant to the terms of the contract, the $75 service call fee must be honored as I was not informed of *** name change nor the increase in the fee. She transferred me to supervisor *** who also said wed get a call in *** hours, we did not. On July 14, 2022 I called again, spoke to ***. He agreed with the leak source (freezer motor) and assigned new Claim No. *** and said Id get a call within 24 to 48 hours from a tech, we did not. I called on July 19, 2022, spoke to a manager in the Resolutions, *** ext. 448. He was very unprofessional & rude, stating the Company could not find a tech to come out and that we could find an independent tech and that the Service Plus Warranty would reimburse us. This is breach of contract of their contractual duty to have licensed tech in my area and I did not feel confident in the Service Plus Warranty reimbursing us for an independent tech. *** said I would get an email within 2 hours with a techs info. We did not.To settle this matter, we want $40.00 per month for 19 months, totaling $760.00 for all of the monthly premiums we paid for this fraudulent and useless home warranty through Service Plus Warranty. We have learned that the company CEO, *** is being investigated for tax evasion by the *** and *** Attorney General said the complaints against this *** are too many to be counted.

P

ServicePlus Home Warranty I have made three requests for service

I have made three requests for service. On 11/10 my garbage disposal failed. I contacted ServicePlus for service. The claim was denied because they said the contract was less than 30 days. However, they offered $250 settlement. I never received that settlement. Whenever I called about it I was told it was in accounting. I ended up purchasing the disposal and getting it installed myself. The second issue (01/14) was the expansion tank on my water heater leaked. They sent a tech but he was inadequate, so I called another company and the proper repair was made. This cost was completely on me. I called Serviceplus and made my disappointment known. They again offered to send $250 for a total of $500. I called back after a couple of months and again the matter was in accounting and I never received payment. That brings me to 02/11/2022. My A/C and Heater blower made a loud noise and then began to rumble. I made a request for service on that day (02/11/2022). I called after 48 hours had past and again after 60 and 96 hours past. I have not seen any movement on my request. I called after 120 hours and was offered $250. I told the representative that was unacceptable. On 3/9/2022 I had unit repaired at a cost of $971. On 3/11/2022 ServicePlus assigned a company to my claim. I called them on 2/12/2022 and told them the unit had been repaired. I then filed a request for refund. They responded by pointing to a part of the contract that stated I needed their permission before work was completely. They did not respond to the part of the contract which said they would assign someone with *** Georgia so I can *** them. They have taken my money and given no service at. I feel they are practicing in deceit. I am now asking for your help for the cost of repair of $971.09 and the cost of the contract of $975. ***/*** Contract #*** Claim *** Email

Overview of ServicePlus Home Warranty customer experience

ServicePlus Home Warranty has been the subject of numerous customer complaints for its poor service and lack of coverage. Customers have complained about denied claims, slow response times, and unresponsive customer service. Additionally, many customers have noted that the company's contracts are unclear and misleading, leaving them with unexpected expenses. Several complaints also mention difficulty canceling the warranty or obtaining a refund. These negative factors ultimately resulted in a poor rating for ServicePlus Home Warranty. If you are in need of a home warranty, it is recommended to consider other providers with better customer satisfaction ratings.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

ServicePlus Home Warranty contacts