Secret Shopperscam

H

Below is a sample e-mail I received from market force or someone claiming to be with market force. I received a check and it did not clear. I told them before i make any purchase I will wait for the check to clear. Lucky for me I did not fall for it. Check out the sample email they sent me...
Good day, Mr. ...
Today you have a very important task. You have to determine the taste quality of the black caviar. It is not easy task, but we hope you are up to the challenge. Here is what you need to do.
Our company sent you a check for completing this task. You should receive it within 1-3 days after receiving this letter.
You should follow the link http://royal-caviar.com and order this caviar "Caspian Sea Golden Osetra aquacultured".
As soon as you made an order, you should inform us about the :
• order number
• date of the order
After you have received the package with caviar, let us know about the following:
1. Whether your package was delivered in timely manner (the delivery time should not be more than 7 days), let us know exactly how many days.
2. Take a picture of the caviar can (not opened). Report the details: what is the condition of the can? Was it arrived damaged or in tact? Are there any dents, scratches or dings? What do you think about the design of the package? Is it attractive by your opinion or not. Explain.
3. Carefully open the caviar can and take another picture of the product. See if there are any blemishes, imperfections or mildew on the caviar’s surface. Describe the appearance of the opened can.
4. Take few grains of the caviar and look against the light. Is caviar clear?
5. Try few grains of the caviar and describe your feelings. (Here you should give us more details abpout how did you like the taste, is the caviar too salty or not enough salty. Give us detailed description of what kind of impressions you have after trying the caviar.
6. Offer the caviar to few people you know. They might be your relatives or friends, or anybody else you know. Please, describe in details their impressions and give us feedback.
Please, take this task very carefully and write a detailed report as requested.
Thank you in advance!
________________________________________
Best regards, Market Force Food Critic
mailto: [protected]@gmx.com
fax: [protected]

• Li
    Linnywoo Apr 25, 2011

Received the same letter, after doing some research the envelope was suspecious in addition, the return address on the letter/envelope was to a Pizza Palace located in Pheonix, AZ. I called the Pheonix police and informed them of this scam, contacted the FBI and after additional research the check in the amount of 1256.00 was drawn of a Wachovia Bank, I took the check to the bank for investigation and the account was fraudulent. Also, the company on the check was addressed from a Temp Agency in Washington, DC. After, research...I put a fraud alert on my credit and stopped all social networking. This company got my profile off of CareerBuilder.com

DO NOT CASH ANY OF THERE CHECKS!!! SCAM...

• Ex
    exfelongirl Mar 11, 2011

I just received an email quite like yours. I almost feel for it until I read the contract. Things did not added up and the spelling and format was a bit off. The application I was suppose to print off asked questions that were not relevant to a job application. I am a blogger for www.exfelongirl.com and I have written about job scams before. Its such a shame that people are trying to get rich off of others just trying to find a way to make an honest living.