Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaningcarpet cleaning

S

This turned out to be just another Classic "switch and bait"

I called Sears as I have always shopped in their stores for over 50 years- I assumed that the Sears carpet cleaning service to be legit and would be done professionally.

Advertisement and price stated "$119.00 for 5 rooms--Which also included these statements:

"Pre-treated and Pre-spot included"!

"ULTRA CARE 2 STEP DEEP CLEANING" "NO Hidden charges"

This price quickly went to $168 for adding 10 small - 3' box steps. ( I have a tri-level )

I was told over the phone that the Techs-plural -would move furniture-you know a couch or 2-the beds are on wheels-real hard stuff...

1 Tech arrived and first thing out of his mouth was how dirty and trashed the carpet was...

( I know the carpet is dirty-kids, grandkids, spills, etc.-this is why I called them )

I asked where his help was and he replied " I work alone".

I asked the tech about who was going to help move the furniture and he danced around the subject about he can't move this and that and anything over 50 pounds, etc.

I am a Disabled American Veteran, and from wounds and recent surgeries I cannot lift and move stuff around like I used to be able to do, but I tried my best to make it "easy" for this healthy 6' 250 pound large man.

Then I was told he would have to "mix a cocktail" and pretreat, and add a deodorizer but it would be an additional $120.00 so now it is going to cost me $308.00. Trusting that this was truly needed I reluctantly said ok.

Now, without doing anything towards actually cleaning the carpets-The tech whips out the Ipad and wants payment before he has even started the work.

Unreal.

I guess if the payment is "had" then the complaints can fall on deaf ears as they now have their money in hand, and I am sure next to impossible to receive a refund.

Reluctantly, I paid for this "service" before the work was even started.

10 minutes later, after spraying the steps, the tech approached me again about "how I needed to do this right" and pay another $200.00 for pet stains-(as this is "normally" 4-500 dollars alone per the tech) but he would do it for me for just another $200.00

I said no.

The tech "pretreated" the steps and the upstairs bedrooms and when I asked about the family and living rooms areas-as it didn't look pretreated to me, his reply was "yes, I went over the areas 3 times!"

3 times...incredible!!!

Must have super speed to accomplish all this in under 2 minutes mind you, as I never saw any of the lower areas "pretreated"

The tech didn't even bother to turn the heat on in the truck mounted machine so steam could clean the carpet- I have a picture of the machine mounted in the truck and how the settings were. Just cold water-mind you- hooked up to MY water supply.

Total time the Tech was here-1 hour...

I'm not sure about most people, but in my mind this is classic bait and switch and a once fine company now has lost forever another customer-I guess it's time to call Stanley Steamer-at least they will use steam..I hope

Comment Guidelines