Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning Logo

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning

Having problems with Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning?

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning Customer Service Contacts

3333 Beverly Road
Hoffman Estates, Illinois

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning Customer Service. Initial Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning. Discuss the issues you have had with Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaningrefrigerator warranty

Sears claim number 6983348
We bought a new Kenmore refrigerator in 2019 and in the 11th month of having it the ice maker up top quit working. the lower ice maker has quit. the refrigerator was under warranty. after waiting 3 to 4 weeks for a repairman to come he comes in and says i need to order parts. He ordered two parts. I have the first one order on oct 29. the other part is not here and its over two months later. I called 4694663 and they told me they would turn it over to the care solutions team. I have provided you with that number up top. we have had no ice now for going onto 4 months. I have been on the phone for at least 40 hours on hold trying to get help for a refrigerator that was under warranty at the time of it not working. The letter I received from sears was very unclear about what type of refrigerator I could buy but that the one I have is no longer available and I can be credited 1300.00. We have been on a wild goose chase looking for a kenmore. Both sears in jacksonville fl are closed. Lowes and Home depot do not carry Kenmore Products. I just tried to call the number and there is a 77 minute wait time to get to someone and that is just to be transferred again to customer care. The last agent said she could not give a direct number to customer care. Someone needs to step in and stop all this craziness. I am infuriated with the customer service from sears. My name is alan smith Jacksonville fl and my direct line is [protected]. thank you for responding

Sears Carpet & Air Duct CleaningMaster Protection Plan

I have been waiting since June 3 for the parts for my Washer to be repaired It is now July 22). I am told the part is on back order and they have no idea when (or if) the part will be available. The repairman has been out to the house 3 times and won't come back until the part arrives (Makes sense)
    I have been on hold with Sears Master Protection Benefits Admin for over 7 hours when some one answered and then hung up on me. Back on hold again. How long am I supposed to wait for a part before I just get a new washer???????? Sears Master Protection Agreement Benefits number [protected]
    Sears Customer Service is Non Existent !!! I want a call from someone on When my washer will be repaired or replace!!! Now on hold over 7 hours... Hung up on and/or disconnected 4 times

Another 55 minutes on hold and another disconnect!!!

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaningcarpet cleaning

Carpets Cleaned 11-26-19, Called on 12-2-19 to request a redo because carpet was dirty than before it was cleaned, asked for a different clinician, sent the same guy twice, requested a refund on 12-23-19 never heard back from supervisor. I have called several different numbers and left messages 7 times. Supervisor is never there. I have been hung up on when I said I would wait to talk to the supervisor.
      I have sent emails to Brooklyn.[protected]@searsservices.com 4 times attention Dave or Steve

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaningsears a/c duct cleaning

They showed up to my home while I was out. I was specifically told that someone would call me 30 minutes prior to arriving. I just happened to get back home earlier than planned when they were getting in their truck to leave. I asked them in and they obliged. One of the two techs asked to visit the main unit and shortly after showed me a photo of something he supposedly photographed in my duct work which indicated mold. He immediately told me that the job would not be $99 but would be more around $2000. He had me a dirty, worn sheet of paper which explained (in poorly written English) what this type of situation entails and how Sears would handle it. I could not believe this was a nationwide company I was dealing with. I have attached the paper they gave me. He handed me another paper which vaguely named and priced the items that totaled the $2k for the work.

I think the document attached pretty much says it all. I called the office and asked to have a manager call me but nobody has called. Even if what they said about my a/c duct work is true, I would never have them touch my system. I've called another company. Don't trust Sears!

sears a/c duct cleaning

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaningrim and tire for lawn cart

Bought a Lawn Cart 2 years ago from Sears. Tire failed over winter, ordered a new one in April from Sears so I could do my yard clean up. It was delayed and then back ordered. Went to Sears and they acknowledged the issue and told me it would be June before I would see the tire. Representative suggested I buy a specific tire from EBay he assured me would fit, it of course did not (axel to thick for tire/rim to fit on) so I was out another chunk of $$. Now I talked again to live chat and they have no ETA for the tire, offered me a 10% discount while I wait (Yup, $5) and did not provide any solution for the issue at hand. I have a 2+ year old product that is useless with no end in sight to make it functional again. I need a cart that works with wheels to do my yard work, ball is in your court Sears.

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning — carpet cleaning

This turned out to be just another Classic "switch and bait" I called Sears as I have always shopped...

Sears Carpet & Duct Cleaning — air duct cleaning

I paid more than $2000 have have the air duct cleaning and service three furnaces. When they left, about half...

Sears Carpet & Air Duct CleaningKenmore elite fridge model #aap73631503

This refrigerator is only 2 1/2 years old. There are rust spots on the outside on the stainless steel. I emailed the company 7 months ago with pictures and never heard a word. Then I called and no one seemed to care. Now, the 2 interior plastic food bins inside are cracked. I just spent over $70 ordering 2 new ones. We are building a brand new home an unfortunately since this fairly new frig looks like crap and seems to be made very poorly, it will be going in the utility room instead of the kitchen. This will be my last Kenmore especially since no one seemed to care or take the time to investigate the rust spots. I read online a few other people had the same problem but I guess it wasn't enough customers for Sears to care. If you are interested in seeing pics I will be more than happy to send them. but at this time, I am assuming I won't even get a reply. Been there, done that already!

• Lo

Kenmore Elite frig model #AAP73631503
                Complaint Rating: 0 % with 0 votes
                kenmore.com

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning — Filter left out of my furnace

I engaged the services of Sears on 3/22/2016. A service planned for $154.95 to clean 14 air ducts, the...

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning — Carpet cleaning

Made an appointment to have an entire house cleaned. The appointment time was for 8-12 on 9/25/2015. I waited...

Sears Carpet CleaningUpselling and bait and switch

We decided to get our carpets cleaned and chose sears because we have generally been pleased with their services. After receiving an estimate of approximately $288 for our desired cleaning, the final bill was over $1100. All the charges were approved by either my wife or me and we accept responsibility for our part in this matter. We put too much trust in sears and did not check the charges that were being added to the original estimate. The carpet was adequately cleaned (Nothing special) but certainly not worth the amount charged. I was working in my home office and my wife had to do some necessary chores.

The "upselling" was unexpected from sears. We are never going to use sears carpet services again and while sears was once our first choice, it is certainly our last choice now for any needed services or appliances. It is unfortunate but we don't trust sears anymore and probably should never have. They need to give accurate estimates. It like buying a car and find out the the engine, seats and windows are extra costs. Sear carpeting is a sorry option for such services.

• JKWilliams Dec 07, 2014

Bait & switch has been a hallmark trait of Sears Roebuck for at least 40 years. They're famous for that. Where have you been? I guess the good news is that S&R is reverting back to the sales practices that made them a leading company in days of yore. "Any port in the storm" I guess.

Sears Carpet Cleaning — Lack of customer service/missed appointments

I have been a customer of the carpet cleaning component of your business for years. I called to make an...

Sears Carpet CleaningHorrible Customer

I called Sears carpet cleaning two to three weeks ago to set up and appointment
                to have my carpet clean .I called after bad service the first time I wanted to give the company a chance. Bad Bad Bad customer service. The first time I call they gave me appoint and didn't show up and this time the same thing no excuse or anything
                they asked me if I wanted morning or evening I told them morning both times a no show. this company is bad I wouldn't tell anyone about this company. they give you good prices but they can't live up to their word to their customers.

• Ta
                    Taylorh2 Aug 17, 2013

Because the letter writer is from Virginia.

• Ta
                    Taylorh2 Aug 16, 2013

I like Stanley Steamer. Never have had any problems in the 7 yrs that i've used them.

Sears Carpet Cleaning — Left water stains and lines on carpet

If you want your carpet cleaned by Sears and you live in Seattle, good luck. First, you are actually dealing...

Sears Carpet CleaningDirty Dealings

This Company is all about Dirty Pool not playing clean! Beware of their scupolous practices. They do not follow through on what they promote and advertise, and will look for ways to make you pay more than the special price even if nothing is in the fine print to justify their new rule. What is most appauling is that they'll even go as far as to take advantage of the elderly and their caregivers.

• Ca
                      carpet cleaning Jul 26, 2012

Your articles are purely enough for me.

• SearsCare Jun 18, 2012

Good afternoon TB,

My name is Mike and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I came across your post today and wanted to reach out to you. I am sorry to see that our carpet cleaning service has disappointed you. We strive to be up front with the prices of all of our services and I apologize if there was any confusion. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to discuss your experience and also to ensure that your carpet cleaning needs were met. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the carpet cleaning service was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (TB) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Mike D.
                      Social Media Moderator
                      Sears Social Media Support

Sears Carpet Cleaning Service — Carpet Cleaning

AVOID THIS COMPANY - THEY WILL UPSELL YOU SERVICES, IN ADDITION TO THE PRICE THAT IS QUOTED YOU ON THE PHONE!...

Sears Carpet Cleaning — Ruined carpets

Sears cleaned my carpets and sprayed bleach on spots that ruined my carpet. They told me to not walk on it...

Sears Carpet Cleaning — Bad Job

Sears carpet cleaners cleaned 2 rooms in about 10 minutes and once the carpets almost dried, you could see...

Sears Carpet CleaningExtremely poor business practices

I hired Sears (Lorton, VA office) to clean the carpets in a house I was renting. They were selected because they are a national chain and my landlords are very picky about their carpets and demanded approval of the company prior to my being able to contract them. Sears was very accommodating in scheduling and answering some questions, one of which was if there were going to be extra charges for pre-treating. The scheduler said that it was a two step process where the carpet would be pre-sprayed and then steam extracted. I thought this was acceptable so I went ahead and scheduled the service.

The technicians showed up on time and walked through the house. The lead tech said that the master bedroom was a room that would need to be considered 2 "areas." I did not dispute their findings, agreeing to pay the extra $45.00. After walking through the rest of the house, the lead tech and I agreed that there would need to be a red stain removed. he explained that they could do it but that would be an extra $75.00. Again, I agreed to the fee because I knew that the landlord was very picky and would try to ding me on it. So, the original quote was $339.00 + the $45.00 and the $75.00, but when he showed me what the final charges were it was up to $1, 189.00. I of course asked him where the extra charges were coming from, he responded that it was for high-traffic area cleaning and stain protection. I mentioned that I was renting and that I did not want to pay $270.00 for stain protection. He said that he was required to do it for the warranty, but, that he liked me so he would remove the charge, but, that I could not tell anyone or he would be in trouble. He then pointed out that the other charges were non-negotiable and that he had to charge me for it. I was in a quandary because this the Friday before Memorial Day and the landlord would be in on Monday to do the close-out inspection. So, against my better judgment I agreed to pay $859.00.They started to clean the carpet which aside from regular use was in good shape.

After approximately 2 hours they finished. When they left, the carpet looked pretty good. They instructed me to close the windows and turn the air conditioning down to 65 degrees and the carpet would be dry in four hours. I did as instructed, although it did seem odd. I left for the day and came back the next afternoon to find large areas of browning everywhere they sprayed the high traffic treatment. I was horrified, knowing that the landlord was going to freak out. I tried calling Sears and spoke to the scheduler, he said he would take my info and have quality control get back to me at 7:30 a.m. on Monday.

This where it gets ugly!

I did not hear from the for three days, only hearing back after repeated calls. At first, they said they were going to send out Quality Control, but then said that they would send a technician out to try to re-clean the carpets. One week after the initial cleaning they sent out the new cleaning team. They tried to clean the carpets, concentrating on the brown areas. The tech tried very hard really working on those areas. After he left, the carpet again looked pretty good. But, after a day, the carpet began to show signs of rippling and still had light brown staining everywhere the 2nd attempt to clean had been concentrated. The landlord called to say that Sears had now damaged the carpet and that I needed to see it. So I called Sears again to have them look at it. Four days later they sent out Quality Control to have a look. He agreed that the carpet was damaged but, he thought he could get it looking good and once that was done, would have a contractor look at it to see if the damaged areas could be repaired. This was now two weeks after the initial cleaning. The next week, Sears contacted me to schedule the QC tech to out to personally clean the carpet. When the tech showed, it was not QC but another team to try and clean it again. The team lead looked at the carpet and said he did not want to attempt to clean it for fear of damaging it worse. He went back to his office and told them his findings. I called to find out how the problems were going to be addressed, being told that they were being looked into. At that point I stopped payment on the check I had written, explaining that when they resolved the issues I would remit payment.

I received an e-mail a few days later (we are now 3 1/2 weeks pat the original cleaning date) saying tha they would have to take pictures of the damage and would need to send someone out. They sent the original QC person to take pictures (even though he took them originally). He was surprised that the problem had not been resolved yet and he would have it taken care of as soon as he returned to the office. It was another few days before I heard from Sears. One of their supervisors called to apologize for how long this had taken and promised to have it resolved immediately and should have been resolved in one day. She held to her word (we are now in the 4th week) and sent another Supervisor out to ### and correct the cleaning issues. He worked very hard to get the carpets clean, explaing that the staining was caused by a pH problem. He then said he would have a carpet contractor out to repair the damaged areas. This was nearly 5 weeks after the initial cleaning.

I received a phone call from the first supervisor stating that since the carpets were cleaned to an acceptable level, I needed to remit payment before they would continue to try to rectify the problems. I made payment because my landlord would not return my deposit until Sears corrected the issues. I explained to Sears that I was hesitant to make full payment because I would lose leverage on getting them to complete the repairs. They said they would not act further until my account was paid in fill and that they would send me to collections if I did not pay. After making payment the Supervisor said ahe would get back to me to schedule the carpet contractor. That was a week ago, we are now in our sixth week trying to resolve the problem.

I received a message from the supervisor today, stating that since the original cleaning team had checked a box that said there was rippling in the house, that they would not take responsibility for any damage to the carpets. I explained that there was no rippling, that when the last cleaning team came out, one of the techs happened to be on the original team and said that the rippling was not there. That the landlords had seen the carpet after the first team had left and there was no rippling. I went on to explain that I had photos of the carpet after the first team left and the staining occurred and there was no rippling. The rippling occurred after the second team tried to clean the carpet a week later. She explained that since that box was checked, Sears had no liability in this case. I asked if that gives a license for Sears to damage customer's carpets and not be liable for the damage. She said that they were a reputable company and that they would never do anything like that. I pointed out that we were 6 weeks into this process and that if they were truly a reputable company this would have been resolved immediately and I would not be in the position to lose my $2, 400.00 security deposit because of their incompetence.

• Wh
                        whowhat Aug 03, 2013

To the chemdry franchise owner: 1. Chemdry can not have been green certified since 1977. No such certification existed then. 2. What you call the power head is not unique. There are other rotary extractors. 3. It is false that all steam cleaners use water pressure between 400-600 psi.

• Ca
                        carpet cleaning Jul 26, 2012

I absolutely respect and appreciate your point on each and every object.

• Th
                        The Carbonator Jun 22, 2012

This is not the first time I have heard simular Sears Carpet Cleaning stories. I own a couple ChemDry franchises, we don't hook your hose to our trucks and pressure wash your carpets like you would clean a driveway, all steam cleaners are pressure washers, they have the same machine and are stuck in the 1900s.

The problem could have been easily corrected if the 2nd crew had a clue. The browning was from the high PH of their pre-spray. All that needed to be done was to sprinkle a solution of water on the carpet that had a low ph ( higher acid content ) chemdry's product that does this is called "Brown Out"

What happened was that the 2nd crew thought the brown was dirt that had wicked up from the first cleaning so they soaked the hell out of the carpet again and pre-sprayed even more high PH pre-spray on it, resulting in over wetting the carpet thus causing the ripples.

Next time call a ChemDry franchise that has their latest technology the "CTS Carbonated Truck Mounted System" you will be amazed at the difference. We use a patented carbonated solution which allows us to clean using 1/5th the moisture of Steam cleaners and we don't drag a stupid wand across your carpet we use another patented piece of equipment called a "Power Head" it agitates the carpet at 100 rpm while at the same time injecting crystal clear carbonated solution into the rug then extracting it back out into the waste tank, the results are that we will remove spots and traffic lanes that steam cleaners / pressure washers leave behind, your rugs will be dry in 1-2 hours and as a bonus we have been green certified since 1977. The name ChemDry stands for Chemistry, not Chemical. We clean at 110 PSI, Steam Cleaners ( pressure washers ) clean from 400 - 600 PSI over soaking your carpets and causing rippling in many cases.

Sears Carpet CleaningCustomer Service

Below is the e-mail I sent to Sears that goes through the "service" I had from them.

To Whom It May Concern,

Let me just say, the customer service I got from your company was HORRIBLE!! I work in customer service, so I try to be understanding. We booked an appointment on Wednesday night (6/15) online. I got a phone call Thursday morning confirming the appointment and telling me I would get a phone call 30 mins prior to them showing up to let me know they were on the way and that they would be there between 8am and 10 am. I then got a phone call on Saturday afternoon while I work saying that I had to call again to confirm the appointment. I called back on my break and asked why I had to confirm my appointment again. I was told it was SOP and that they would be at my home by 12pm and I would still get the phone call 30 mins prior. So the appointment window was changed, at this point; not a problem. Sunday morning I get up early and move all the "extra's" out of the way. At noon, I still had not heard from your company. I call in and I am told that the rep who picked up the phone would call the tech and call me back to let me know when they would be at the house. 45 mins later, I still have not heard back. At this point I am very frustrated. I work Monday - Saturday, 9am to 7 pm, and Sunday is my only day off. I call again and ask for a manager. I am told that a manager is not there. I ask for a floor lead. I am told they are not available, that I will get a phone call within the hour. Please keep in mind at this point it is 1pm, they are an hour late and I have not gotten 1 phone call from anyone at your company. An hour passes, still no phone call. Not from a lead, not from a tech saying they are on the way, or another rep letting me know they are running late. At 2 I call back and ask to speak with a manager/lead. The girl who picks up the phone tells me she is the lead, whether or not that is true..I don't know. Regardless, I tell her the history of phone calls, she apologizes and calls the techs. She learns they are running late, but calls me back and tells me they will be there by 3. 15 mins later she calls and tells me they are on the way. They arrive at 3. Now the job they did was ok. I noticed that they didn't do some of the things they should have based on the survey I am filling out and my only real complaint about the job they did is that they didn't move furniture. (couch, love seat, etc)
                      Honestly, you would think that it would end there. I waited 7 hours for a tech to show up on my only day off, with no phone from your company until I had made several to you. It doesn't.
                      After the tech finished, I got a courtesy call asking how satisfied I was. I go through the days events. I told him I was satisfied with the job the tech's did, before I knew they hadn't done everything, that was my fault. However, I told him I was completely unsatisfied with the customer service. He tells me 1, he is going to e-mail me his name. I never got an e-mail. Secondly, he tells me that he is going to have an actually manager call me. I let him know what my hours are and that I would like the call by 9 am. The manager is suppose to work from 6am to 4pm. Since I work from 9-7 I got up an hour early this morning to make sure I was up to take the call. Guess What? No phone call.
                      So I spent 7 hours waiting yesterday, my only day off. I spent 3 hours waiting this morning.
                      I AM NEVER USING YOUR SERVICE AGAIN!!

We have used Stanley Steamer forever. They have always been on time except for once. I got a phone call 2 hours before they were suppose to be at my home letting me know they overbooked and told me what time they would be getting there. Not only that, but they gave me a very nice discount that I didn’t even ask for. They always do a fantastic job. They move all furniture that is not to heavy for the 2 techs to move. The only reason we had gone with you this time is because Stanley is not open on Sundays and no one else was available to be at the house on Saturday. We had actually thought about switching since you are cheaper than they are. We get our carpets cleaned about every 2 months as we have pets that are older and have accidents occasionally. Not only will we never use you again, but I will not recommend you, that should be obvious.

Working in a customer service position, I expect 100 times better. I can’t even begin to tell you how frustrated and angry I am.

• Sg