Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning company logo
Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning
reviews & complaints
Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

38 complaints
20 resolved 18 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning Go to website

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning reviews & complaints 41 - 38

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning complaints 38

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - Extremely poor business practices

I hired Sears (Lorton, VA office) to clean the carpets in a house I was renting. They were selected because they are a national chain and my landlords are very picky about their carpets and demanded approval of the company prior to my being able to contract them. Sears was very accommodating in scheduling and answering some questions, one of which was if there were going to be extra charges for pre-treating. The scheduler said that it was a two step process where the carpet would be pre-sprayed and then steam extracted. I thought this was acceptable so I went ahead and scheduled the service.

The technicians showed up on time and walked through the house. The lead tech said that the master bedroom was a room that would need to be considered 2 "areas." I did not dispute their findings, agreeing to pay the extra $45.00. After walking through the rest of the house, the lead tech and I agreed that there would need to be a red stain removed. he explained that they could do it but that would be an extra $75.00. Again, I agreed to the fee because I knew that the landlord was very picky and would try to ding me on it. So, the original quote was $339.00 + the $45.00 and the $75.00, but when he showed me what the final charges were it was up to $1, 189.00. I of course asked him where the extra charges were coming from, he responded that it was for high-traffic area cleaning and stain protection. I mentioned that I was renting and that I did not want to pay $270.00 for stain protection. He said that he was required to do it for the warranty, but, that he liked me so he would remove the charge, but, that I could not tell anyone or he would be in trouble. He then pointed out that the other charges were non-negotiable and that he had to charge me for it. I was in a quandary because this the Friday before Memorial Day and the landlord would be in on Monday to do the close-out inspection. So, against my better judgment I agreed to pay $859.00.They started to clean the carpet which aside from regular use was in good shape.

After approximately 2 hours they finished. When they left, the carpet looked pretty good. They instructed me to close the windows and turn the air conditioning down to 65 degrees and the carpet would be dry in four hours. I did as instructed, although it did seem odd. I left for the day and came back the next afternoon to find large areas of browning everywhere they sprayed the high traffic treatment. I was horrified, knowing that the landlord was going to freak out. I tried calling Sears and spoke to the scheduler, he said he would take my info and have quality control get back to me at 7:30 a.m. on Monday.

This where it gets ugly!

I did not hear from the for three days, only hearing back after repeated calls. At first, they said they were going to send out Quality Control, but then said that they would send a technician out to try to re-clean the carpets. One week after the initial cleaning they sent out the new cleaning team. They tried to clean the carpets, concentrating on the brown areas. The tech tried very hard really working on those areas. After he left, the carpet again looked pretty good. But, after a day, the carpet began to show signs of rippling and still had light brown staining everywhere the 2nd attempt to clean had been concentrated. The landlord called to say that Sears had now damaged the carpet and that I needed to see it. So I called Sears again to have them look at it. Four days later they sent out Quality Control to have a look. He agreed that the carpet was damaged but, he thought he could get it looking good and once that was done, would have a contractor look at it to see if the damaged areas could be repaired. This was now two weeks after the initial cleaning. The next week, Sears contacted me to schedule the QC tech to out to personally clean the carpet. When the tech showed, it was not QC but another team to try and clean it again. The team lead looked at the carpet and said he did not want to attempt to clean it for fear of damaging it worse. He went back to his office and told them his findings. I called to find out how the problems were going to be addressed, being told that they were being looked into. At that point I stopped payment on the check I had written, explaining that when they resolved the issues I would remit payment.

I received an e-mail a few days later (we are now 3 1/2 weeks pat the original cleaning date) saying tha they would have to take pictures of the damage and would need to send someone out. They sent the original QC person to take pictures (even though he took them originally). He was surprised that the problem had not been resolved yet and he would have it taken care of as soon as he returned to the office. It was another few days before I heard from Sears. One of their supervisors called to apologize for how long this had taken and promised to have it resolved immediately and should have been resolved in one day. She held to her word (we are now in the 4th week) and sent another Supervisor out to ### and correct the cleaning issues. He worked very hard to get the carpets clean, explaing that the staining was caused by a pH problem. He then said he would have a carpet contractor out to repair the damaged areas. This was nearly 5 weeks after the initial cleaning.

I received a phone call from the first supervisor stating that since the carpets were cleaned to an acceptable level, I needed to remit payment before they would continue to try to rectify the problems. I made payment because my landlord would not return my deposit until Sears corrected the issues. I explained to Sears that I was hesitant to make full payment because I would lose leverage on getting them to complete the repairs. They said they would not act further until my account was paid in fill and that they would send me to collections if I did not pay. After making payment the Supervisor said ahe would get back to me to schedule the carpet contractor. That was a week ago, we are now in our sixth week trying to resolve the problem.

I received a message from the supervisor today, stating that since the original cleaning team had checked a box that said there was rippling in the house, that they would not take responsibility for any damage to the carpets. I explained that there was no rippling, that when the last cleaning team came out, one of the techs happened to be on the original team and said that the rippling was not there. That the landlords had seen the carpet after the first team had left and there was no rippling. I went on to explain that I had photos of the carpet after the first team left and the staining occurred and there was no rippling. The rippling occurred after the second team tried to clean the carpet a week later. She explained that since that box was checked, Sears had no liability in this case. I asked if that gives a license for Sears to damage customer's carpets and not be liable for the damage. She said that they were a reputable company and that they would never do anything like that. I pointed out that we were 6 weeks into this process and that if they were truly a reputable company this would have been resolved immediately and I would not be in the position to lose my $2, 400.00 security deposit because of their incompetence.

W

To the chemdry franchise owner: 1. Chemdry can not have been green certified since 1977. No such certification existed then. 2. What you call the power head is not unique. There are other rotary extractors. 3. It is false that all steam cleaners use water pressure between 400-600 psi.

C

I absolutely respect and appreciate your point on each and every object.

This is not the first time I have heard simular Sears Carpet Cleaning stories. I own a couple ChemDry franchises, we don't hook your hose to our trucks and pressure wash your carpets like you would clean a driveway, all steam cleaners are pressure washers, they have the same machine and are stuck in the 1900s.

The problem could have been easily corrected if the 2nd crew had a clue. The browning was from the high PH of their pre-spray. All that needed to be done was to sprinkle a solution of water on the carpet that had a low ph ( higher acid content ) chemdry's product that does this is called "Brown Out"

What happened was that the 2nd crew thought the brown was dirt that had wicked up from the first cleaning so they soaked the hell out of the carpet again and pre-sprayed even more high PH pre-spray on it, resulting in over wetting the carpet thus causing the ripples.

Next time call a ChemDry franchise that has their latest technology the "CTS Carbonated Truck Mounted System" you will be amazed at the difference. We use a patented carbonated solution which allows us to clean using 1/5th the moisture of Steam cleaners and we don't drag a stupid wand across your carpet we use another patented piece of equipment called a "Power Head" it agitates the carpet at 100 rpm while at the same time injecting crystal clear carbonated solution into the rug then extracting it back out into the waste tank, the results are that we will remove spots and traffic lanes that steam cleaners / pressure washers leave behind, your rugs will be dry in 1-2 hours and as a bonus we have been green certified since 1977. The name ChemDry stands for Chemistry, not Chemical. We clean at 110 PSI, Steam Cleaners ( pressure washers ) clean from 400 - 600 PSI over soaking your carpets and causing rippling in many cases.

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - Customer Service

Below is the e-mail I sent to Sears that goes through the "service" I had from them.

To Whom It May Concern,

Let me just say, the customer service I got from your company was HORRIBLE! I work in customer service, so I try to be understanding. We booked an appointment on Wednesday night (6/15) online. I got a phone call Thursday morning confirming the appointment and telling me I would get a phone call 30 mins prior to them showing up to let me know they were on the way and that they would be there between 8am and 10 am. I then got a phone call on Saturday afternoon while I work saying that I had to call again to confirm the appointment. I called back on my break and asked why I had to confirm my appointment again. I was told it was SOP and that they would be at my home by 12pm and I would still get the phone call 30 mins prior. So the appointment window was changed, at this point; not a problem. Sunday morning I get up early and move all the "extra's" out of the way. At noon, I still had not heard from your company. I call in and I am told that the rep who picked up the phone would call the tech and call me back to let me know when they would be at the house. 45 mins later, I still have not heard back. At this point I am very frustrated. I work Monday - Saturday, 9am to 7 pm, and Sunday is my only day off. I call again and ask for a manager. I am told that a manager is not there. I ask for a floor lead. I am told they are not available, that I will get a phone call within the hour. Please keep in mind at this point it is 1pm, they are an hour late and I have not gotten 1 phone call from anyone at your company. An hour passes, still no phone call. Not from a lead, not from a tech saying they are on the way, or another rep letting me know they are running late. At 2 I call back and ask to speak with a manager/lead. The girl who picks up the phone tells me she is the lead, whether or not that is true..I don't know. Regardless, I tell her the history of phone calls, she apologizes and calls the techs. She learns they are running late, but calls me back and tells me they will be there by 3. 15 mins later she calls and tells me they are on the way. They arrive at 3. Now the job they did was ok. I noticed that they didn't do some of the things they should have based on the survey I am filling out and my only real complaint about the job they did is that they didn't move furniture. (couch, love seat, etc)
Honestly, you would think that it would end there. I waited 7 hours for a tech to show up on my only day off, with no phone from your company until I had made several to you. It doesn't.
After the tech finished, I got a courtesy call asking how satisfied I was. I go through the days events. I told him I was satisfied with the job the tech's did, before I knew they hadn't done everything, that was my fault. However, I told him I was completely unsatisfied with the customer service. He tells me 1, he is going to e-mail me his name. I never got an e-mail. Secondly, he tells me that he is going to have an actually manager call me. I let him know what my hours are and that I would like the call by 9 am. The manager is suppose to work from 6am to 4pm. Since I work from 9-7 I got up an hour early this morning to make sure I was up to take the call. Guess What? No phone call.
So I spent 7 hours waiting yesterday, my only day off. I spent 3 hours waiting this morning.
I AM NEVER USING YOUR SERVICE AGAIN!

We have used Stanley Steamer forever. They have always been on time except for once. I got a phone call 2 hours before they were suppose to be at my home letting me know they overbooked and told me what time they would be getting there. Not only that, but they gave me a very nice discount that I didn’t even ask for. They always do a fantastic job. They move all furniture that is not to heavy for the 2 techs to move. The only reason we had gone with you this time is because Stanley is not open on Sundays and no one else was available to be at the house on Saturday. We had actually thought about switching since you are cheaper than they are. We get our carpets cleaned about every 2 months as we have pets that are older and have accidents occasionally. Not only will we never use you again, but I will not recommend you, that should be obvious.

Working in a customer service position, I expect 100 times better. I can’t even begin to tell you how frustrated and angry I am.

S

This where it gets ugly!

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - Company won't return calls or come fix items that they damaged

Major Complaint Against Sears Carpet and Air Duct Cleaning By Karen S. Hannah June 6, 2011 Complaint Filed Against: Sears Carpet and Air Duct Cleaning 8922 Telegraph Road Lorton, Virginia...

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - Terrible Customer Service

Well I really dont know where to start, as this morning I had a appt. with Sears to have my carpets cleaned. The technician that arrived at my home was so rude and arrogant that I actually was making a call to Sears Customer Service as he was here in my home. I understand the upselling and all but this had nothing to do with my paying him. His attitude was pompous and extremely displeasing. I mentioned to him that I was calling customer service as he was here and to complain that I was not happy at all with his horrific people skills and he went on to tell me that he has been working for Sears for over 25 years. Nevertheless his condesending way was such a turn off to me in my home I felt like I was in a nightmare. Needless to say when I had mentioned that I was calling customer service on him instead of toning down without his beligerent ways, he simply walked out and said I do not want to do this job! I did get another carpet service to come over today, as Sears Customer Service said they would have someone here this afternoon. I am still shocked of all this and the other carpet company is $30.00 less, as mentioned it was not the money it was this experienced carpet cleaner with a very very bad attitude!

Horrific Customer Service With Sears,

I'm very sorry to hear that we have missed your expectations with regards to our customer service. My name is Brian H. with Sears Cares and I would like to help. I would like to get you in touch with one of our personal case managers who will assist you in getting any concerns you have with Sears resolved. Also, we would obviously like to provide the appropriate feedback to upper management about your experience. At your convenience please contact our office via email at [email protected] In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Horrific Customer Service With Sears) so we can reference your case. Again, I apologize for any trouble we have caused but we do appreciate any opportunity to help.

Brian H.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support

M
May 20, 2011

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - poor service

After I moved all of my furniture and vacuumed every inch of the apartment, the Sears carpet cleaners showed up at my door without a portable water supply, so I was unable to get my carpeting cleaned that day. They offered me a whole 10% off to schedule with them again. Instead, I scheduled an appointment for the next week with another service... and saved myself $40.

To MizzyYLizzy,

I'm so sorry about the inconvenience caused when our cleaners showed up unprepared to complete the scheduled work in your home, especially after you had worked so hard to have everything moved for them. I completely understand your frustration with Sears. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to help. At your convenience, please contact our office at [email protected] and provide a contact phone number and the phone number the service was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (MizzyYLizzy) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - substandard cleaning service and fraud

In November 2011, I received cleaning services for my carpet and upholstery that were substandard. I called in to Sears Home Services one day after cleaning and left message re: stains and dinginess of carpet and upholstery remaining after cleaning was done. I also complained about the technician and his rudeness; I was overcharged(for haitian cotten upoholstery; i have polyester upholstery). I spoke with customer complaint representatives as well as National cusumer complaint. I was given the run-a-round for several months and finally told that they would not return my money, because the services were done. I sent certified letter with estimates from other carpet specialist which was suggested by customer complaint representative. They later stated that I could not receive refund, because the services were rendered. I have experienced emotional as well as financial abuse from Sears and would like justice to be serviced. I am requesting the amount refund in the amount of $218.00 as this is what was paid for the services.

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - unauthorized extras

Watch out for unathorized pressure-tactic up-selling on carpet cleaning services: I arranged for carpet cleaning of my home over the phone with Sears Carpet Cleaning Edmonton while I was away on...

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - Bait and Switch

I am extremely unhappy with Sears Carpet cleaning and their bait and switch tactics! We recently hired Sears in Alexandria, Virginia, to clean my 1 bedroom condo for $164, which seemed like a fair...

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - Terrible job

Syracuse NY Sears Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning. I would NOT recommend this service to anyone. Just off the bat let me say that I scheduled 2 carpets, stairs, a hallway, a sofa, 2 oversized recliners and 2 regular recliners. Plus the stain protectant and the deodorizer in one room. Thats ALOT. We have a Bissell Steam cleaner but I really wanted everything done PROFESSIONALLY. Well they were absolutely amazing because they were able to clean ALL that in LESS THAN ONE HOUR!I can't even vacuum my house thoroughly in less than one hour. So that should have been my first clue. When I came home from work to pay them the first thing I noticed was a spot on the carpet (that I didn't see before). The guy quickly got a brush and cleaned it up. There was no fresh clean smell when I walked in. They said they don't use perfumy stuff which seemed to make sense that cleaning doesn't necessarily mean you have to smell the product. Then I checked out one of the chairs that I had struggled with for cat hair. lets just say, we could make a new cat with the hair still on the chair. The guy took out a basic hair removal brush and made an attempt to clean it but it was to no avail. The furniture and carpets were SOAKED! They said that was normal. I was so taken aback by the whole situation I just signed the paperwork and paid them. I immediately called the service in Syracuse and told the guy that answered that I was not a satisifed customer. I explained everything to him and he was very nice and concerned especially about the time it took to clean. he said he would speak to the technicians that were there and call me as soon as he spoke to them probably right at 5 pm when they returned. Needless to say, he NEVER called. The carpets took days to dry. We went on vacation a few days later and I just chalked the experience up to live and learn. Then when we came home from vacation, we came in the house after it had been closed up for so long and it smelled like Wet Dog. We just figured it was from the house being closed up so we openedd windows, etc. it seemed fine but every time we walked in the house for the next few days I smelled the same thing. Finally I got down on my knees and smelled the Carpet and that was the smell. it was awful it was like they cleaned the carpet with dirty water. We were so disgusted that at 9:00 that night my husband pulled out our very own Bissell steam cleaner, we filled it with Lysol disinfectant citrus and he spent 2 hours on ONE carpet. It was dry by the next morning and the house does not smell anymore. I DO NOT recommend SEARS Syracuse NY for carpet and upholstery cleaning.

C

I really enjoy while I read your blogs and articles.

N
Jun 26, 2012

SEARS CARPET CLEANING SERVICES IN MASSACHUSETTS -STAY CLEAR OF ANYTHING NAMED SEARS. They sent ONE guy to clean 2 carpets (which I have done every year) and to clean my furniture. The guy came and immediately started in about how he could not clean my furniture because it was "suede"! I kept telling him iT was NOT SUEDE, it was MICROFIBER! Perhaps he didn't understand my version of US ENGLISH! He called someone and in whatever tongue he was using, kept saying SUEDE, I kept saying in the background MICROFIBER - no furniture was cleaned. My guess is that there was no profit for him to spend an hour or however long it would have taken to do 2 chairs and 2 sofas, that's why it was called SUEDE! Now we come to the 2 carpets...usually there are two people coming to do the job; one moving heavier objects and the other doing the work. Usually they wear shoe covers. Usually they put furniture on blocks or have some sort of protection for the carpet so the furniture's finish doesn't bleed into the newly CLEANED carpet. None used by SEARS! That probably would cost an extra 25 cents per leg. This ONE guy did the job in about 5 minutes. He told me he used deodorizer for no additional charge since he didn't want to do my furniture. WELL, the carpet did NOT have the usual softness to it, NO SPOTS came out. He moved nothing in the room in order to clean it right. He DID NOT clean behind the doors or under the bed (which is on rollers) and went around everything in the room instead of moving anything to do the job RIGHT. The carpet felt like it was never washed (no usual softness)AND SMELLED like it was either washed in dirty water or no cleaning solution was used at all! Both rooms smelled like a hay barn! NO KIDDING, I used a bottle of Febreze in each room and the smell still did not go away. It smells DIRTY! HOW DISGUSTING CAN YOU BE SEARS? SO, the kicker is that they WILL NOT REFUND MY MONEY, they rescheduled me to be REDONE 3 weeks ago. WELL, apparently SEARS only has ONE TRUCK and it conveniently BROKE DOWN! HA HA, how funny is that? So I rescheduled for the following Tuesday. They came TWO HOURS ahead of time, so naturally I missed them. WEEK 4, TODAY (6/26/12) they called me at 8:10 AM with the "I'm SORRY to tell you..." I guess there is ONLY ONE GUY working for the company and HE seems to have an EMERGENCY AND I NEED TO RESCHEDULE - ARE WE LAUGHING YET? I demanded to speak with a supervisor - I had a hard time getting to SCOTT, the dispatcher, but I wasn't taking no for an answer. I had to threaten court action before I could speak to him. He all of a sudden said we can get someone there today after all! AMAZING ISN'T IT? So, we'll see what happens today. They are to come between 11-2 - the same time the guy with the "emergency" was scheduled. If it's not done right today, tomorrow I will be at the court filing a lawsuit to get my money back. DO NOT USE SEARS CARPET CLEANERS AT ALL! EVEN IF IT'S FREE - GO TO THE NEXT COMPANY ON YOUR LIST!

A
May 11, 2011

I've used them numerous times and I've never had that problem. They came in, and spend about 2 hrs on my living room, stairs, and hallway. They got up all the necessary stains (of course you can't get up every singled one) and they left. I came across this by accident looking to see if they had any offers and was shocked to see this. My carpets dried quickly, and I had no smell on them. I'm just a customer who's disagreeing with your point, not trying to start an argument. I'm sure if this is how their carpets turned out everytime they would be out of business by now. I would recommend them.

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - Terrible Service

I needed my carpets cleaned and rather than go to a small cleaning company, I wanted to use a professional big name corporate company.What a mistake that was!! I had an appointment scheduled with...

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - Rip Off

I wasn't home when they did the carpet cleaning. My roommate was. My carpets were worst than before they came. It took him 10 min to do the entire house. So basically he just wet my carpets. When they sent someone out to re-do the carpet; it was the same guy. So of course he was a real jerk because he had to come back. He started an argument with me in my own home, yelled at me and then tried to charge me cash on the side to fix his shabby work. Little did he know I was on the phone with his office when he was proposing that. Needless to say the guy was kicked out of my house. Sears agreed to refund me my money. But I haven't seen not one penny. It has been six weeks now. Everytime I try to call the office no one will help me. No one returns my call. I have to go to small claims court to get my money back. WHAT A NIGHTMARE. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, FAR FAR AWAY!

Wow, sounds like exactly what happened to my wife and I. We had our sofa cleaned then re-cleaned only to have the finished product look worse than it did to start with! They re-scheduled our appointments twice at last notice, then when I called to complain all I get is the run around. For six weeks I've been trying to get someone to call me back, to date, nothing. What a worthless company.

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - damage

DO NOT WAIST YOUR MONEY ! THEY HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO CLEAN CARPET - THEY WILL DAMAGE YOUR HOUSE AND CLAIM ""PREEXISTING CONDITIONS'' AND LIVE YOU WITH THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN DAMAGES! WORST COSTUMER SEVICE !
STAY FAAAAAAAAAR AWAY FROM SEARSCARPET AND UPHOSTERY CARE, BECOUSE THEY DON'T CARE !

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - rudeness, arragont and unbending

i registered a complaint against the anahiem Sear carpet cleaning service earlier today and tonight an Anthony Mayo called. said he was the general manager and he was equally rude in terminating my right to have my capets cleaned by Sears because i called to reschedule 3 times ahead of time. . i have never been spoken that way or treated like that as a customer. i hope that you recorded the conversation and will listen to whats going on within your company

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - rudeness and inflexability

i wanted by carpets cleaned by sears as i had before. i had to reschedule 3 times because i was helping to move my mother in law into a home and because of packing, family company and emotional termoil i had to change my dates. the lady that terminated me was from the anihiem store and her name was Toni. something. She was extrememly rude, talked over me and acted as if i had commited a crime by rescheduling. she said they were refusing me service. She was way out of line. i am 65 years old and have never been spoken to that way. i have never had any thing like this happen before and i am totally turned off by Sears service.
I have mentioned it to others and they cant believe this happened.. I was also told they didnt even have a job that day but still were refusing me service. we had the house all ready with breakable put away and all. pleas se make sure this gets to someone who can do something about it.
sincerely judy gubser

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - Damaged House Refused to Cover It

I originally went with Sears since they had the best prices, but in this case you really get what you pay for. I had both a duct and a carpet cleaning. The duct cleaning as far as I can tell went...

K

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - Bait and Switch

We needed an empty 2 bedroom house carpet cleaning - due to the advertised "special" price we went with Sears. The technition, who was polite, walked around the house and immediately told me that the three "high traffic" areas would need special treatment, at $25 each, to remove the darker traffic dirt. I refused, saying that the carpet had normal wear, and that if they couldn't clean it, to leave. He said he would do his best, and I came back after 20 minutes, after he did one room, and the traffic area was noticeably darker than the rest of the carpet. At that point, I was trapped - we were selling the house, and I did not have the time to bring in an honest company to replace Sears, so I told him to use the "special treatment", which had now been lowered to $50 for the three areas, and he sprayed a cleaner on the areas, which lightened them considerably. Sorry Sears, but you really blew it, as I will never use one of your franchise services again.

T
Sep 11, 2008

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - carpet cleaning

I am just writing in order to save anyone who is thinking about having their carpets cleaned or ordering appliances the trouble of dealing with not one but TWO incompetant companies. To make a long...

V
Oct 11, 2006

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning - Poor service, abusive treatment, dissatisfaction

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction to a recent service from your upholstery and carpet cleaning and am requesting a refund. I arranged with Sears Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning in Ottawa at [protected], to come to my address, which is [privacy edit] Ottawa, Ontario, K1T 2N5 on August 10, 2006. Ken and Tania, who called themselves technicians, arrived at 8:50 and left at 9:35a.m. Upon arrival Tania asked me for towels, I said "You need towels?", Her reply was "Yes if you do not want your area rug to get wet". I wondered why I should have to supply towels. You would think they would have some protective product for carpets and wood floors. Ken asked me if the chesterfield and chair had been cleaned before, I said it had been as far as I knew. Tania plugged their machine into the hallway outlet of the Condominium, to which I questioned her, she responded that they always do that. Well while they were steam cleaning the furniture (chesterfield and chair), someone unplugged their equipment. Because of this I was reprimanded by the Board of Directors. I did not like to be questioned about this. When they completed the cleaning such as it was, Tania was unrolling the area rug back into place, after which time she had asked me if I wanted it rolled back into place. I replied that I certainly would, then I saw water on the hardwood floor right in the area where she was about to roll the carpet. I said Tania there is water on the floor, so she throws the towel at me and says you clean it up, which I did. She also asked me if they should put the chesterfield and chair back in place. Of course, I would not be able to do so myself. I waited a day or so for the furniture to be dry before checking for cleanliness of the items in question. I was NOT happy with the results, so I called Customer Service on August l4th and spoke to Sharon Wilson at [protected]. She said she would send the same two technicians back on August 15th. They arrived and Tania asked what I wanted them to do. I explained that I called for their service initially because I had dirty furniture that needed to be cleaned and it is not cleaned satisfactorily. Ken said if it did not come clean on the initial cleaning it will not come out on second try. He started yelling and said he wasn't listening to any shouting, which he was the only one doing that. I am fortunate that I had my daughters here to support me and to be witnesses of this abuse to a senior citizen. Second call to Sharon Wilson about the terrible experience I had to endure. Sharon said she would send another technician in the name of Tim and Shaun, who she said were their best furniture experts. Does this mean that they have bad and good technicians doing this work? Arrangements were made for August 24th and that Sharon would call me on Saturday evening with the time that they would arrive. Again no call and I had to call to see what time they would arrive and was told between 2pm and 3pm, they did not show up at all. Every time someone was to come to clean, the furniture had to be moved, which was again another inconvenience.

Again another call to Customer Service, this time I finally got to speak with Josie Lavoie, the manager. She said Tim and a helper would come on Sept 11th, in the afternoon, I had been waiting for a call from Julie for some time, Sharon was to arrange it and it never happened.

Julie said I would get a call on Saturday evening advising me of the time Tim and helper would come. No call was received again. Again on Monday morning I had to call was told they would arrive between 12 and 1pm on Sept 11th. Tim and helper, (whom I was not introduced to) arrived at 12:20 and left at 12:50. Tim asked for the work order which I produced, then he had to go to the truck to phone someone to see what process to use. He used a solvent that did remove some of the dirt on the spots that he used it on, however the piping which he did not touch, and the cushions are still dirty. The solvent smell caused headaches and the smell lasted for days. I really feel like I have been treated very poorly which I thought was Sears policy to have happy customers. I am definitely not satisfied with the service and treatment I have received.

Up to this point, I have been a long time satisfied customer of Sears, but this experience has left a bad feeling in my mouth, and I am requesting the return of $133.56, the amount I paid out to have clean furniture. So far I am not asking for remuneration for the poor service and abusive treatment that I have put up with.

1 2