Sawnee EMCProduct/service complaint

S Nov 04, 2020

Sawnee has been the worst power company I have ever seen. I called to ask if they would please extend the cut off date for my power because I would have the money the next day. They refused and cut the power. When I paid the bill up and called to have it reconnected. They never showed up. Then I was informed there was a $314 random bill (that was due the next month) and they closed my account. Then I was told i'd have to pay the $314, open a new account, pay another deposit, and a reconnection fee. So almost $800 that I don't have.
This gets even better. So when I tried to set up another account. I sent in the rental agreement and the deposit money. Just to get an email notifying me that my name and address wasn't on the rental agreement and i've lost my deposit. Like... Wtf??? Who sends in a rental agreement without their name and address on it??? That makes no sense and I double checked what I sent in. You can clearly see my name and address was on there.
I'm a working single mom with two kids and no financial support from anyone. We've been without power for almost a month. I can't keep giving money to this company and not getting the service I should. I might as well be throwing money out the window while going down the road. This has been the worst power company... I can't believe they haven't been investigated for the way they do their customer's. Just awful!