Savings2Goautomatic opt-in ripoff

If you purchase sham-wow, or smooth-away, or acai cleanse, online - beware. You will be automatically signed up for "savings2go" for a "free" 30 day trial membership. The only membership information you ever receive will go direct to your spam email and be deleted. If you do not ring and cancel the membership (that you never asked for and don't know that you have!), you will be charged something between $8.95 and $14.95 per month.

If you ring to cancel, be sure to be very firm and cut through the "sales pitch" about what a great membership deal you have (!!?!). Insist that the membership be cancelled immediately and no further charges made to your credit card. Do not give the operator any further personal details like date of birth, social security number or credit card details. They should be able to look up your "membership" by phone number, address or full name.

This company's business practices are apparently legal but are patently unethical.

• Gr
    granny14+3 Mar 06, 2015

I asked this company to stop taking the 14.95 out of my account. I lost my husband 1 1/2 years ago and I can not and will not use this savings to go. The company just took another 14.95 out of my account, . How do I stop them from doing this?

• Co
    cookie1000 Sep 19, 2014

On your bank statement is their phone number to call to cancel... I hope this is some help for you...

• El
    Elbert Smith Apr 05, 2013

I have spoken with one of your representative and inform his/her that if you couldn't get my name correct that you are to remove my name from your files pronto!!! And this is what I want done immediately. Remove my name from your file at once!!!

SashiB Jun 14, 2012

Recently, I had an unauthorized transaction from this company, savings2go. It's charging me $14.95 monthly fee. I contacted my bank and they told me to call the merchant and cancel my membership, in order to get the refund. I have no idea on how to cancel an account created through my debit as i don't have the user id and the password. Very clever on the bank's side.

• Ji
    jims wife Nov 17, 2011

I was balancing our checking account, and saw a charge from savings 2 go for $14.95. for several previous months, there was a charge from the same company, and thinking it was a gas station my husband used, I paid it no mind. but, we went south for the winter, and he couldn't have used that "gas station" this month. so I googled savings2go and found out it was a scam. I called their 800 number and cancelled our "membership" and they said they would refund the last $14.95. when I told my husband about it, he said he never authorized any withdrawls from his account. he then called the company, asked to talk to a supervisor, and wanted to know how he authorized withdrawls from his checking account (via his cash card). they claimed that he must have bought some health products online and membership came with the purchase. he said that he doesn't shop online, had no recollection of ordering anything over the phone, and demanded evidence that he authorized their $14.95 monthly payments. I guess they have no proof because they agreed to refund all payments. he then called our bank to let them know of the scam. so, our advice is if you've been a victim of this scam, demand proof that you authorized their payments. they should have something in writing or a recording of your voice agreeing to "membership" payments.

savings2goBurnInH3ll Aug 31, 2011

Sue them show them not to f uck with us. they are no life # that should burn in h3ll for eternity

• To
    toy75 Apr 22, 2011

Member services – stonebridge benefit services – fax# [protected] or [protected] (neither are good #'s)

Your company offers rebate services for gas and grocery recepits. the offer $10.00 each quarter for gas recepits mailed into them and $25.00 each quarter for grocery receipts mailed to them. the only stipulation listed on the rebate forms is that you are allowed one per quarter and that redemption must occur within 60 days of purchase and you must be a valid member at time purchase and of redemption. I have met all of your requirements – yet you still find some reason not to provide the services you promise in your sales material and on your website.

I became a member on 3/23/11. I mailed in my first recepits for rebate $10-gas/$25.00-groceries at the end of march - post marked 3/31/11 (1st quarter). I mailed additional $10-gas/$25.00-groceries redemtion forms/recepits the 1st week of april (2nd quarter).
    I received 2 letters today stating they are not going to process my gas recepits because they have already been redeemed and that I am allowed only one per quarter. however, they were presented in different quarters and I have not received any redemption checks and your website doesn’t show any money coming to me.

When I called your “customer service” department today - I was told they mailed me 1 $10 gas rebate check but that they would look into the other one. I asked about to grocery receipts/rebates and was told I am not allowed to redeem them during my first 30 days. nowhere on any paperwork, redemption form on or your website does it show this stipulation. when I asked the representative where that rule is listed/shown - she agreed that it is not in writing anywhere - and she's not sure how I would have been aware of that - but there was nothing she could do. she advised that I would have to contact corporate and refused to give me a telephone # - only an address and fax #. I am now officially disputing this denial and requesting my money. your company owes me $70.00 and I expect payment in full upon receipt of this fax.

I would like the promised refunds made to me - I want a refund for the 1st quarter gas $10 and the 2nd quarter gas $10 along with 1st quarter grocery $25 and the second quarter grocery $25. I am requesting a total refund of $70.00 per the agreement and materials provided to me. I have enclosed copies of all the paperwork sent to you. I am also in the process of filing complaints with the bbb and any other governing body I can locate. what you are doing is illegal. it’s called deceptive trade practices! I also noticed that you are affiliated with an insurance company? I will also contact the texas department of insurance and make the aware of your antics along with the texas attorney general’s office.

Please send me my $70 and then cancel my service (as I want to make sure I am a paying member when you receive this fax so you can’t come up with another lame excuse to deny my payment. I will keep a transmission receipt on to prove the date and time it was sent/received.

Sincerely,
    Bobbi larson

• Ls
    LSlezak Mar 03, 2011

BULL! Not what I was told by a customer service rep and a supervisor. They basically said too bad. Scam yes! Unethical Yes. This company should be shut down and prosecuted for fraud and stealing.

janniet Jan 17, 2011

I want the $14.95 withdrawal to stop. I did not ask for it to be withdrawal and I want it stopped immediately! I don't use what ever this is and I don't use it and I doubt it can be used where I live, europe. do not draw any more money out of my account!!!

• Ka
    katibug Nov 28, 2010

I called and ask you to cancel this account savings2go I no longer wanted it this was last month. supposedly canceled it is right bk on my account this month. you better do something about this or my lawyer can. ya took off the chargers last month and put them bk on this month. I want this stopped imediatelly!!! no more charges ever!!! as of today I want it stopped and the charges ya put bk on this month off!!! 11/27/2017

• St
    Steve Parish Nov 24, 2010

This company has been taking 12.95 a month out of my checking account for the last couple of mounths with out my signing up for anything. I would like for them to return all monies to my account before I have to hire a attorny that i can not afford.

• El
    ellie2 Nov 14, 2010

I am a 62 year old grandmother and I can guarantee that I did not sign up for "I Am A Flirt" or any other text message service. I have requested a refund from Sprint, and I am emailing the company and intend to follow up.

• Un
    unbelievable10 Sep 24, 2010

So I had never heard of this company until 2 months ago I noticed a charge to my main bank account for 14.95 to Savings2Go. A company I had never heard of, yet somehow they had my bank account number and my money. I called my bank and this "company" had been taking my money since Feb of 2017. $300 dollars of my money was stolen and I had no clue how. Unreal.

• Ro
    roberta york Mar 22, 2010

these people are taking money off my debit card without my permission. in march they have already taken 24.99 and 24.99. i want my money back immediately. im on a fixed income and i cant afford what these people are doingto me. please givemy money back!!!

Jon Tregarthen Mar 16, 2010

Savings2Go has debited my account for $14.95 which I did not ask for, order anything, and never have intended to use their "servoce".

• Rippedoffinva Feb 25, 2010

Up until i received a notice of membership fee due i didn't know i was part of this savings2go. So when i called to see what it was they said i joined when i bought the shamwow.

• Bo
    Bob Butler Nov 30, 2009

My credit card is being charged for savings2go. I did not order this. This seems to have happened when I opened spam e-mails to unsubscribe. Give me credit for this and remove me from all charges
    Berniece butler
    [email protected]

• Ci
    cindy32068 Oct 06, 2009

yeah make a living ripping people off!! i called on the phone to get forclosed home listings not for some travel or hotle stays, or what ever it is you are ripping people off for. and why would u charges some one 2 different memberships on the same account for the same thing?? b/c your ripping people off your not human your evil people taking inocent hard working people's money! you should feel ashamed of your-self.

• De
    deepdvr Jul 18, 2009

Same thing happen to me and I want my money back now!!! bbb will be my next and then ill complain about fraud!

• Ga
    GabLab Jul 15, 2009

The same thing happened to me. to my surprise, when I looked at my bank statement they also charge me a a monthly membership. check your bank to make sure the same thing isn't happening to you.

• Pa
    Parker Jul 11, 2009

For the last three months I have unauthorized charges from savings2go and leisure plus. I have no idea how those charges got on my credit card.

• S2
    s2gohelper Jun 28, 2009

Savings2go & leisure plus does not enroll anybody in either membership unless they call to enroll. there are other businesses who offer the memberships with their products. that is how most people are enrolled into the memberships. savings2go & leisure plus have websites for their members. they also have phone numbers to be reached at. if this company was a "scam" they would not have phone numbers to be reached at, let alone a fax number or address, and lets not forget about the websites.
    [protected] & [protected].

Also, the only reason they ask for some of you information is so they can look up your account so they can help you with your complaints/cancellations. it is done this way for one reason only. so they are looking at your account (the right one). if you do call just remember that the person you are talking to on the other end is a human just trying to make a living.

If you do have any question please let me know and I will help as much as I can.

• S2
    s2gohelper Jun 28, 2009

all you have to do is call them and they can cancel this for you. [protected] option 4.

• Ru
    Ruth Jun 03, 2009

How did these people find details of my debit card?

05/28/2017 debit: $14.95 from merchant sb *savings2go sb *savings2go [protected] tx [protected] sb *savings2go

How can I get my money back? I am currently unemployed!
    Can you help me?

• Ph
    philly Apr 20, 2009

Hi Sharon,

I share this same experience. Can you give me some pointers on how to handle this? I spoke with my bank and they are investigating this. I questioned it due to funds I transfered from one account to the other and it they were not available. I know I had not written any checks etc, so the money should have been there. I wasw charged several insuffucient funds fees, which my bank will most likely put back into my account.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. My email address is: [email protected]

• Ir
    IRMA R. NAVARRO Apr 05, 2009

I don' know how savings2go was able to deduct from my credit card when the only thing I did was to order through phone xylapril.
    There were so many deductions aside from what you ordered theres also insurance I called up the company to cancel everything me since I saw they deducted insurance from me. after the cancellation now im being billed to something I don't know which is savings2go and im from the philippines as well as my issued credit card.

• Ca
    carolynbellamy Mar 21, 2009

I am dumbafounded

• Ca
    carolynbellamy Mar 21, 2009

Making charges I have not authorized.

• Sc
    scammed in IL Mar 20, 2009

On 3/5/2017 14.95 was charged to my credit card with out my authorization.

The charge was from Savings2Go. I have never heard of this, before I checked online and found this site, Obviously I was scammed.

The credit card company took the charge off but said I will have to contact savings2go to cancel the membership I don't have.

• Sh
    Sharon Mar 19, 2009

Savings2go fraudulantly took money from my bank account, without authorization. I do not know this company and have "never" done business with them. I discovered it when I looked at my statement. I have a claim with my bank and my bank card is no longer available. It has been stopped. I will be filing a fraudulant case against savings2go.

The amount they take out monthly is $14.95. In most cases it ranges from $8.95 to $14.95 per month. I've done research on this company.

• Je
    jenabeca Mar 18, 2009

You actually did authorize it, through ordering something from an infomercial...we got hit when we ordered a shamwow, other people for wonderhangers, etc. go back to the website where you ordered it and read the fine print at the bottom. it'll clear everything up for you.

angelwings Mar 14, 2009

i have been charged 14.95 to from them and they said they called me to confirm it and they never did

• Br
    brenda gunn Mar 11, 2009

i need a reund of charges to credit card

• Je
    JeanMW1 Mar 03, 2009

I have no idea when this company got my checking acct. #. $14.95 has been deducted from my acct. It started on 02/02/2017 and again this month. I have no idea how I signed up for this and would not intentionally EVER do such a thing. I would like my $30 refunded ASAP.

• Bg
    bgilbert70 Feb 20, 2009

I checked my bank statement and there was a charge for 14.95 which I dont know where this charge came from cause I never ordered anything from this site.

• Ci
    Cinda Patrick Feb 19, 2009

I was charged $14.95 for something I know nothing about. they took it right out of my checking account. they have gotten my account number somewhere that i'm unaware of.

• Ga
    Garrett DeLucca Feb 17, 2009

I just recieved mail from our united states postal office & recieved a membership card from savings2go with an account number and I never requested this membership.

James Feb 17, 2009

This company took money out of my acct without permission. I never signed up and never agreed to anything. this ammount was 14.95.

• Pa
    Patrick Feb 16, 2009

Billy,

Sorry to hear what happened. I too had this same problem... I ordered a slimclip from an infomercial, and everything was fine until a month later, which was just 4 days ago. I noticed 2 unauthorized chargers for $14.95 for savings2go, and leisure plus.

I googled it, and found this. I used the number you provided, and was able to reach a specialist there. advised her I don't know what this is, and that I want it canceled, and refunded. she advised that they will be refunded within 5-7 days, and there should not be any future charges.

I guess it is too good to be true when you order something from an infomercial.

• Eu
    EUGENE A MILLION SR Feb 15, 2009

There was an unauthorized charge on my husbands debit card by two different companies but for the same service both charges were for 14.95