Menu

Sandals Resorts review: Theft by employee

T
Author of the complaint
2:47 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

A month ago we took at Royal Caribbean cruise including the port of Jamaica. My husband and I had heard that the Sandals all-inclusive resort was fabulous. We were able to obtain a day pass and enjoyed several hours of all the beach, pool food and drinks we could handle. After we left to go board our ship, I realized that I had left my cell phone between our two beach lounge chairs. When we returned home, I phoned the front office and was told that yes, they had found my phone. I was told to call Federal Express and arrange for pickup. FedX called me to get the price of the phone and assured me they would pick it up. Now, a month later, no cell phone. When I called my contact at the resort, I was put on hold and finally the manager picked up. He said he was sorry but someone else had shown him photos of them self on my phone so they gave it to them! I have no doubt that an employee decided to steal my phone and the manager did a poor job of trying to cover it up. We are so disappointed in Sandals. We will never recommend them to any of our traveling friends.

More Sandals Resorts complaints & reviews

2 comments
G
Mar 26, 2014 2:19 am EDT

We had over $200 stolen out of our locked safe when we stayed at Sandals Montego Bay. When we reported it to security they came in our room and went through all of our luggage to make sure we hadn't "misplaced" it. You could tell they didn't believe us. The manager tried to tell us that we had the only key to the safe. My husband proved him wrong when they gave us another lock and he took the old key and unlocked the new lock right in front of the manager. Theft is very common at Sandals resorts because the staff is so underpaid. They work their butts off for poverty wages while Butch Stewart gets filthy rich!

C
Oct 30, 2012 7:41 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I DO NOT LIKE SANDALS RESORT JAMAICA, OCHO RIOS. I WILL NOT GO BACK IF SOMEONE PAID ME A MILLION DOLLARS. THE RESORT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE WHAT YOU SEE ON TV. THE FOOD WAS NOT GOOD. THE PEOPLE THERE DOES NOT TREAT YOU LIKE VIP. I CALLED FOR THE NURSE AND SHE NEVER SHOWED UP. I WOULD NOT BOOK A TRIP HERE IF YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING NICE TO SPEND YOUR HONEYMOON OR HAVE A WEDDING HERE...TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE PLACE :(

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

85 complaints